Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,943 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:22 AM

CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? (19606 Views)

Untold Secrets Of How Smart People Improve Their Cvs And Personalities: A Case.. / Struggling With Cover Letters? Let's Crack It Here. / Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Odunharry(m): 11:21am On Jul 05, 2013
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by lovesam: 12:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sir I need a cv format amussam01@gmail.com thanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by jamykos(m): 10:05pm On Jul 06, 2013
Pls I need a sample Jamykos@yahoo.com tanx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by nairamaverick(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Shinor: [b]I have come across a great number of CV's in the course of my work and my reaction sometimes after perusing some copies has been " What on earth is this'? I wonder what was going through the candidate's mind as they put together that CV. Many are yet to understand the traditional role of a CV. It is simply the primary document a would be employer or agency consults to assess your eligibility for a position. The employer reads through your work and education history for any experience or skills that you may possess which will help you perform your role and then makes a decision whether to call your for an interview or not.
Unfortunately if there are question marks in any area of your CV, the decision is made without giving you an opportunity to explain. In other words you are judged based on what your CV said.
Therefore it is imperative to ensure that your CV is always saying the right things about you.
For more details on what should be on a CV, read my next article on CV's to be published subsequently.
http://saotheemploymentcoach..co.uk/2013/06/cvs-speak-is-yours-speaking-for-you.html[/b]

tanx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Pls can i av some samples...both d c.v and the cover letter davidlerin1@gmail.com. Tnks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by adepojufeyi: 1:12am On Jul 09, 2013
Pls will need a sample copy too olayeyefad@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 10:14am On Jul 09, 2013
@ D'lerious. The cover letter sample has already been posted here.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by tonyoseh(m): 2:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Cld u plz send me a sample of a CV to osehtony6@gmail.com. Tnx a million
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by osexce: 6:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
@shinor pls send 4me my email is me2flex@yahoo.com. Ur help would be gr8ly appreciated. Tanx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Ugokings4luv(m): 12:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pls. Send me cv sample to kingsleyugochukwu676@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Odunharry(m): 6:22pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pls send a sample to harryexcel@rocketmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Allboiz: 8:26pm On Jul 10, 2013
pls Send it
tmighty180@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by menix(m): 11:27am On Jul 11, 2013
Boss,
Kindly send to timberlake_dennis@yahoo.com
Thanx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by latestsunny(m): 2:59pm On Jul 11, 2013
Pls,i nid A̶̲̥̅̊ sample of d CV n cover letter. T̶̲̥̅̊H̶̲̥̅̊a̶̲̥̅̊n̶̲̥̅̊k̶̲̥̅̊s̶̲̥̅̊ I̶̲̥̅̊N̶̲̥̅̊ anticipation. sanusisundaya@yahoo.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by nancybacter: 3:20pm On Jul 11, 2013
I will really appreciate it if u will send me a sample of cv to nazzyjaey@yahoo.com. Tanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by willyrita: 12:07pm On Jul 13, 2013
Plz i need CV and cover letter sample ,email-Anukaenyifelix@gmail.Com, thank u.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by walmuy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls I also need a copy of CV as well as the cover letter.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by walmuy(m): 4:38pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls I also need a copy of CV as well as the cover letter. akandeolumuyiwa@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by whiteangel802(m): 7:00pm On Jul 13, 2013
Pls kindly send a copy of an idel cv and coverletter 2me pls, my add is whiteangel802@yahoo.co.uk, ill really appreciate it. 10nx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by 2goodbobo(m): 10:11pm On Jul 13, 2013
Kindly send me samples of CV and cover letter. austine.john@yhaoo.com. Thank you in advance.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Rufex07(m): 10:20pm On Jul 14, 2013
pls i will need it. rufex2013@gmail.com. thks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Rufex07(m): 10:23pm On Jul 14, 2013
i will need a sample. rufex2013@gmail.com. thks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by lindyeque: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2013
please can you send me some copies so i can edit mine ....thank you so much
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by ayoyemm: 11:06am On Jul 16, 2013
pls i need acopy. send it to bolaji88@yahoo.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by krestup: 12:11pm On Jul 16, 2013
It is funny how something that seem so easy to write can be so complicated to prepare, for this is the nature of a CV when view from the angle of an applicant after being screened by an interviewer. A CV is the first document an employer looks at when screening the application of an applicant, and this so simple document have being the “Hercules heel” of most applicant because of lack of professionalism in preparing their CV.

As we all know a CV is suppose to contain a detail breakdown of our educational background, qualification attained, work experience, personal biography, work history etc, that are the basic necessary detail needed to create a CV. what most people don’t know is that the CV must be tailored to the standard, operation type and employment requirement of what the company needs in terms of the position they are advertising, because the qualification a CV presents that is not align with their needs will not be considered.

1. In a case like this you must look closely at the advertisement to know what they need so as to give you the right idea on what to present.

2. Always use an easy to read font such as 10-12 Arial or the one they want if it’s indicated by the company, which in most case they rarely do.

3. Your CV should be less than 1-3 pages to avoid putting unnecessary data that will turn off your employer.

4. Let your layout be consistent throughout the document to avoid unprofessionalism and improper arrangement.

5. Let every data you type be easy to read especially your contact detail.

6. You must make your spelling and grammar accurate to avoid being misunderstood when your application is read and don’t ever use jargons or abbreviation because they will be misunderstood.

7. Never leave out the prominent information about you, let them be at prominent position that can be easily be read.

8. When writing points about you be careful not to blow it out of proportion with too much exaggeration. Just make it precise with a sense of confidence.

9. In the aspect of arrangement, you can use a CV format that can guide you on how to place the information appropriately and neat.

10. As a last resort, you can give your already written CV to a professional to either view for editing or indicate area of errors for you to make improvement.

http://career.com.ng/things-to-consider-when-writing-a-cv/
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 10:55am On Jul 17, 2013
Some of the responses that have recently been posted here are not the opinion of the original poster.
One thing I continually emphasise is the use of the right tenses and correct spellings. I would want to believe that if anyone seeks to advice job seekers on writing their CV's at least the tenses and words should be correct.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Phemy95: 12:57pm On Jul 17, 2013
Mr. Shina..pls send me some samples: ogunlaluoluwafemi@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Franky826: 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2013
please sir first i want to thank you for the wonderful job you are doing. pls i urgently need sample of cvs and more especially cover letters to help me in my job search. pls send to feoo826@gmail.com. thanks in anticipation
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jul 17, 2013
Hi, pls send a copy to me: danielchioboy@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Franky826: 4:02pm On Jul 18, 2013
cool thanks so much Mr shinor I got it and it has been so helpful
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 7:39pm On Jul 18, 2013
Franky826: cool thanks so much Mr shinor I got it and it has been so helpful
You are welcome.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Mightyodi: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2013
mr shinor i ve been lookin for a sample format of cv and cover letter, thanks for this thread, plz can u kindly forward one to my email promiseodiakaose@gmail.com. i really appreciate

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD “ACCA PAST EXAMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS” @ ₦0.00 / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.