Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,288 members, 7,815,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:26 PM

CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? - Career (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? (19597 Views)

Untold Secrets Of How Smart People Improve Their Cvs And Personalities: A Case.. / Struggling With Cover Letters? Let's Crack It Here. / Cover Letters - How "Blunt" Should You Be? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Ornaments(f): 7:43pm On Aug 25, 2013
plz, kindly send a copy of cv and cover letter to my email yejideidolaleye@yahoo.com, thanx
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 8:49pm On Aug 26, 2013
Sorry guys for the late response. Just sent the samples.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Deshalom(m): 6:59am On Aug 27, 2013
Shinor: FKMagazine Check your mailbox.
pls kindly send me d samples on deshalom09@gmail.com tanx in advance.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by krestup: 12:06pm On Aug 27, 2013
CV is one of the tools an employer use to access applicant. That's why you have to write your CV in a way it would stand out because you are not the only person applying for that job. Anyone can write a CV but you have to take your time to make sure your CV is in line with the employer objective. They are somethings employer look for when they gone through your CV. That's why i took the time to write this article..
http://career.com.ng/curriculum-vitae-how-to-make-your-cv-special/
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by danniboi: 1:27pm On Aug 27, 2013
Shinor: [b]I have come across a great number of CV's in the course of my work and my reaction sometimes after perusing some copies has been " What on earth is this'? I wonder what was going through the candidate's mind as they put together that CV. Many are yet to understand the traditional role of a CV. It is simply the primary document a would be employer or agency consults to assess your eligibility for a position. The employer reads through your work and education history for any experience or skills that you may possess which will help you perform your role and then makes a decision whether to call your for an interview or not.
Unfortunately if there are question marks in any area of your CV, the decision is made without giving you an opportunity to explain. In other words you are judged based on what your CV said.
Therefore it is imperative to ensure that your CV is always saying the right things about you.
For more details on what should be on a CV, read my next article on CV's to be published subsequently.
http://saotheemploymentcoach..co.uk/2013/06/cvs-speak-is-yours-speaking-for-you.html[/b]
please coach kindly help me by sending a copy to my email>>umorudaniel@gmail.com. tank u sir.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by usaration: 1:30pm On Aug 27, 2013
please send me d cv... I also need a bank-based cv...... patricketeng01@gmail. com .. thanks sire
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Tatian(f): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Hello Mr Shino, kindly forward the cover letter sample to my email box Marytatian@gmail. com as d it is too small for me to view. Tanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Purplebells: 9:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
September jobs, go online now and apply.

To go September jobs on

www.purplebells.com

Good luck and please share.....

Team Purplebells
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by rachbaby07: 9:41pm On Aug 28, 2013
mr shinor, i really appreciate u sir. but it unfortunate i cnt view the both. plz what cn i do? lola_fasola@yahoo.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Tatian(f): 10:48am On Aug 29, 2013
Tatian: Hello Mr Shino, kindly forward the cover letter sample to my email box Marytatian@gmail. com as d it is too small for me to view. Tanks

Tank u Mr. Shina I received your mail. Trying to reply but wuldnt deliver. Tanks for ur time.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Ublaize: 11:28am On Aug 29, 2013
Hi,

Will also appreciate a taste of dis goodie. Pls, send to ublaize@gmail.com

Thanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by agrovick(m): 12:53pm On Aug 29, 2013
Kindly help send a copy of the cv samples to my email xxxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com thanks
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Preciousify(f): 1:36pm On Aug 29, 2013
Preciousify: Sir,i haven't seen any sample.pls could you send it to my mail. Thanks.
Thank you sir.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Aug 29, 2013
i need a copy of a CV..........email me at---------- emzybrown76@gmail.com
thanks God bless..
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Deshalom(m): 6:39pm On Aug 29, 2013
Mr Shina, pls forward a copy to me on deshalom09@gmail.com tanx in advance.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Alcheringa(m): 1:01am On Sep 04, 2013
Deshalom: Mr Shina, pls forward a copy to me on deshalom09@gmail.com tanx in advance.
i need a copy of a CV..........email me
at---------- chibyke42@yahoo.com
thanks God bless..
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Sike(m): 7:44am On Sep 19, 2013
Someone should quickly please send me a format of a standard CV and Coverletter to Smilingheskay@gmail.com.
Please help a brother. Thanks!
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by mebad(m): 8:13am On Sep 19, 2013
please send me a format of a standard CV and Coverletter to Slashy2k2002@yahoo.com.
Please help a brother. Thanks!
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by condi1704(m): 9:45am On Sep 19, 2013
Uncle, pls help me with a copy of CV format and cover letter. E-mail "oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com"
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Sike(m): 1:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Hi Guys, i really need y'all to clear my mind on some questions relating to the issue here.
NOTE: These questions is only based on when one is applying in person and not through emails.
1) Must a cover letter be hand written or printed like the CV?
2) How best can it be submitted? (i.e folded inside an envelop both CV and cover letter or just straight/plain).
The reason i asked these questions is solely because i have a couple of organisations and companies i was thinking of applying to randomly, perhaps i might get lucky as there's no prior advertisement for a vacancy. So i think getting a printed cover letter with different addresses will be very difficult... Thank you!
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Alcheringa(m): 11:42pm On Sep 19, 2013
Alcheringa:
i need a copy of a CV..........email me
at----------chibyke42@yahoo.com
thanks God bless..
@Shinor, Pls, i'm still xpecting ur response to send me some samples of CV and cover letter to guide me build mine .Tnx in
anticipation.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Alcheringa(m): 11:46pm On Sep 19, 2013
Alcheringa:
@Shinor, Pls, i'm still xpecting ur response to send me some samples of CV and cover letter to guide me build mine.
OR any one wit d samples could pls help me out. My email ad is stated above.
Tnx in anticipation.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by tekia(m): 11:53pm On Sep 19, 2013
@shinor Please bro. Can you kindly send me some samples in my mail. olofin.faith@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by atuwaje(f): 1:19am On Sep 20, 2013
Am impressed with this I need a sample too. Send to sololaprecious@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Sike(m): 6:28am On Sep 20, 2013
Sike: Hi Guys, i really need y'all to clear my mind on some questions relating to the issue here.
NOTE: These questions is only based on when one is applying in person and not through emails.
1) Must a cover letter be hand written or printed like the CV?
2) How best can it be submitted? (i.e folded inside an envelop both CV and cover letter or just straight/plain).
The reason i asked these questions is solely because i have a couple of organisations and companies i was thinking of applying to randomly, perhaps i might get lucky as there's no prior advertisement for a vacancy. So i think getting a printed cover letter with different addresses will be very difficult... Thank you!
Somebody reply please!
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Shinor(m): 12:38pm On Sep 20, 2013
@Sike.
A cover letter MUST BE PRINTED. I don't think anyone submits handwritten letters these days.
Yes submit in the same envelope as the CV.
Well if you are thinking of applying randomly why don't you create the letter and save it. Then edit the address every time you need it and just print.
Will not advise that you send a handwritten letter because your handwriting might even be your downfall. If the employer can't read your letter, due to bad handwriting, you can be sure they wont even bother look at your CV.
I hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by condi1704(m): 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2013
condi1704: Uncle, pls help me with a copy of CV format and cover letter. E-mail "oyeyemioyewo1704@gmail.com"
@shinor, pls help with samples as stated above. Thanks.
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by gennysq(f): 12:08pm On Oct 20, 2013
Pls send me a sample, genevieve.ureh@gmail.com
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by blazerMaks: 5:42pm On Oct 20, 2013
@Mr shinor, kindly send a copy of the CV format to me too. amarocks2010@yahoo.com. Thank you
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by ticker(m): 8:16pm On Oct 20, 2013
@mr. shinor... pls sent me a copy at istifanusrichard@gmail.com. I need it badly
Re: CVs and Cover Letters Speak. Is Yours Speaking For You? by Dermie: 10:57pm On Oct 20, 2013

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD “ACCA PAST EXAMS QUESTIONS & ANSWERS” @ ₦0.00 / 5 Work-from-home Jobs In Nigeria / I Want To Quit My Job And Live On My Savings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.