Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,532 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:44 PM

I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives (11432 Views)

I Feel so Angry With My Husband. Help! / My Niece-in-law Is Dying, ANY UN/NGO HOSPITALS? pics / Pls My Brother In Law Is Hypnotized, How Do I Handle The Scammer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jun 23, 2013
byvan:

Truly, your MIL can never be your mother no matter how close.i can easily tell my mum I don't like the food she prepared,how will one tell that to MIL?

You understand me
I can go to my parents house eat and say mommy,you put too much salt in this rice o,right after the first bite
But to MIL I will just manage the rice and eat as much as i can tolerate and drink water with my lips sealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
That is why I said it can never be the same
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I ve bn reading all d posts with keen interest.very good and matured contributions.
Well,I don't hv MIL but FIL that behaves like MIL and he is stubborn but I lv him die! Does he disturb a lot,yes.u don't tell him when to call,and heaven help u if he calls and u don't pick.and u MUST call him everyday 2!its an order and I obey,simple.
He can spend hrs on phone with u and u will be prayin for bad network.
Pple r prayin for a good mil and some pple don't just like it,they call it meddling! Nawaa o!
How I wish mine is alive,she can meddle for all I care!

U pple can now close d thread

Trust me,you won't find it funny with a meddling MIL.
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jun 23, 2013
byvan:

Trust me,you won't find it funny with a meddling MIL.
What happens to wisdom? Its a rare virtue! But most times we don't use that.
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 3:57pm On Jun 23, 2013
yellowpawpaw:
What happens to wisdom? Its a rare virtue! But most times we don't use that.

Have your patience ever been tried by someone before? Have you had to deal with a very difficult person ?even jesus lost it when he saw the church turned into a market place.Anyway,some are more patient and docile than others,everyone's threshold for BS is not the same.

2 Likes

Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Babztemmy: 7:08pm On Jun 23, 2013
yellowpawpaw: I ve bn reading all d posts with keen interest.very good and matured contributions.
Well,I don't hv MIL but FIL that behaves like MIL and he is verrrry stubborn but I lv him die! Does he disturb a lot,yes.u don't tell him when to call,and heaven help u if he calls and u don't pick.and u MUST call him everyday 2!its an order and I obey,simple.
He can spend hrs on phone with u and u will be prayin for bad network.it wasn't easy at first for me cos I don't hv a dad but pple r so envious of us naw.he put me on salary when I gave birth cos I stopd work then due to relocation and childbirth.how did I do dat,told him that I want to resume work immediately after birth(na lie).and I can't call him again cos I don't hv money.(Another lie)
Mrs,u can turn any situation to ur adv if and only if u want to!
I can buy him anything I want to,spoiled him when he visited and ready to forfeit somethings for him!
Without that man,no hubby,as I'm very happy with d son,why can't I extend it to my FIL? Even if he is bad.
Pple r prayin for a good mil and some pple don't just like it,they call it meddling! Nawaa o!
How I wish mine is alive,she can meddle for all I care!
U pple can now close d thread,at least I don say my mind!
I picked smtin from ur post,"it wasn't easy at first" everything is a matter of time, am only 6months old in dis marriage, and I as well didn't grow up in a home that loves soo much, am I just gonna change over night,so I wonder why NL landers av decide to crucify me,just becos I said my mind, sm pple even said I should change my user name, dis is one thing I don't like about NL and has to change,people calling u all sorts over what's nt called for, I will always remain my user name if u people like keep critcizing....

1 Like

Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by RoyalRoy(m): 7:29pm On Jun 23, 2013
Babz temmy: I picked smtin from ur post,"it wasn't easy at first" everything is a matter of time, am only 6months old in dis marriage, and I as well didn't grow up in a home that loves soo much, am I just gonna change over night,so I wonder why NL landers av decide to crucify me,just becos I said my mind, sm pple even said I should change my user name, dis is one thing I don't like about NL and has to change,people calling u all sorts over what's nt called for, I will always remain my user name if u people like keep critcizing....
Iyawo......why not ignore this thread & move on to better things?
Since the mods refused to close it, just look past it.
You sure have learnt things the hard & point blank way. Pick ur lessons & move on!
Life is a bitter-sweet experience, so take it as it is & move on! Biko!!!
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 23, 2013

1 Like

Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 4:42am On Jun 24, 2013
Babz temmy: I picked smtin from ur post,"it wasn't easy at first" everything is a matter of time, am only 6months old in dis marriage, and I as well didn't grow up in a home that loves soo much, am I just gonna change over night,so I wonder why NL landers av decide to crucify me,just becos I said my mind, sm pple even said I should change my user name, dis is one thing I don't like about NL and has to change,people calling u all sorts over what's nt called for, I will always remain my user name if u people like keep critcizing....
R u fumin bc of what pple said to u in this forum? Haba,u r really a soft one! No take am to heart!
I can remember a thread where a woman said d hubby is very dirty, go and read it,u will learn from it cos that woman and d hubby was crucified but I don't think she send.it even spilled over to another thread! I even tried yabbin to c whether pple will mellow down,for where.
Move on dear,we learn a lot here honestly speaking.as u r not dat strong enuf to take insult,I think d person that suggested u change ur ussername is correct cos from time to time,pple must connect u with this and in an annoyin way 2.
A kiss and hug.NLders especially family section pple r d best so far.

1 Like

Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Afamdman(m): 6:27am On Jun 24, 2013
Babz temi, your husband dey try ohhhh. Oga husband I give you hand ohhh, so this is what you have to contend with @ home. Babz temi it seems it must just be your way or the high way. My dear no be so ohhhh. Remember your hubby is still reading this, have you no respect for your marriage or for him. Please stop this, cause what you sow you shall reap. So abeg begin to sow good seed so you can reap a good havest. You don't have to respond to everything. Oga Husband I dey beg on behalf of your wifey, she is still young with time she'll get it. You too find a way to listen to her and make her not feel what she is feeling. God be with you, we learn everyday. Me sef don learn.
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by RoyalRoy(m): 6:34am On Jun 24, 2013
Afamdman: Babz temi, your husband dey try ohhhh. Oga husband I give you hand ohhh, so this is what you have to contend with @ home. Babz temi it seems it must just be your way or the high way. My dear no be so ohhhh. Remember your hubby is still reading this, have you no respect for your marriage or for him. Please stop this, cause what you sow you shall reap. So abeg begin to sow good seed so you can reap a good havest. You don't have to respond to everything. Oga Husband I dey beg on behalf of your wifey, she is still young with time she'll get it. You too find a way to listen to her and make her not feel what she is feeling. God be with you, we learn everyday. Me sef don learn.
====
5000 likes
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 7:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
I thought this thread was locked??. Abi OP is still waiting for people to support her ni?
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by yhemmite(f): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
vanitty: You don't want advice, you just need to vent but you are obviously disturbed and you been unhappy will eventually affect your home.

In situation like this, please do not attempt to "complain" especially since hubby seems to be tied to his mother's wrapper or start some silly competition. (Me or her)

There are many ways to skin a cat I tell you, I will advice you to be in fact more involved, be in their "business" it will be awkward at first especially if you are not the in-your-face kind of person

If mama want her son to be reading three passages every night, you are her inherited daughter, open bible and start reading with husband.

If mama calls at unholy hours, after they have spoken, tell hubby to pass you the phone and talk to her as well.

If mama reminds you that she used to be the owner of the wardrobe, playfully tell her that hubby will have to buy another one niyen o because you are now part of the family.

You need to do everything "politely and respectfully" to let it sink in to both son and mama that you are now one, this is a process but you will see with time when she is assured that you are not "stealing" her son away she will relax and back down!

It is well, in-laws especially single mothers that suffered eh to train up their children, you have to deal with them diplomatically at times. It is not easy for them to just let go
Gud one. Love ur comment
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by adesbreath: 7:23pm On Jun 26, 2013
Babz temmy:
I av heard what you all said and I must confess you all have spoken well, but obviously no one is in my shoes, no one knows its actually sweeter to read, easier to say, but acting it na serious work, watching ur mother inlaw treating your husband like her husband is highly irritating. Show ur son love, but appropraite it,which one is calling ur son 3times a day, its obsession,and d funniest thing is she doesn't treat d others like that, except my husband. D others don't take all this, you know d solution, one shouldn't just end up with mums dat her into their sons,its a very difficult life to pass tru, butam in it, I would live with it and kip praying for grace
my sister I so believe u and understand wat you are talking about because I am wearing the same shoes, just don't let it destroy ur peace in ur home. God will give us grace Amen.
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by pato405(m): 3:00pm On Aug 08, 2016
marrying last children = wahala o!

In the same boat now
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by LewsTherin: 4:43pm On Aug 09, 2016
pato405:
marrying last children = wahala o!

In the same boat now

In the same boat? How? Care to share? I am interested seeing I am the last child of my parents and guys have been crucifying my subset all thread long.
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by Nobody: 4:00am On Aug 10, 2016
LewsTherin:

In the same boat? How? Care to share? I am interested seeing I am the last child of my parents and guys have been crucifying my subset all thread long.

She has opened another thread recently. It appears the issue is the guy's personality and not a last born ish
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by pato405(m): 12:03pm On Aug 10, 2016
LewsTherin:

can't discuss here. mind offline discussion?
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by LewsTherin: 1:06pm On Sep 30, 2016
pato405:

can't discuss here. mind offline discussion?

Sorry, been away from nairaland for a while. Offline discussion, no problem. (How do they say it?) "pm me"
Re: I Feel My Mother In Law Is Sooooooooooooo Into Our Lives by diva90: 3:40am On Oct 01, 2016
Madam didn't u notice that he's a mummy's boy prior to marriage?
I must say that they are abnormally close though, I mean what kind of mother calls her son in the middle of the night when everyone is asleep just to hear his voice? Really really absurd!
U have no choice than to endure cos evidently complaining doesn't solve the issue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

What Causes Delay In Marriages? / Black British Girls Most Likely To Self Harm / Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.