Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,572 members, 7,812,849 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:37 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13948 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:29pm On Jun 29, 2013
Boomark:

welcome.

Please explain the bolded with the scripture.

Again, this is not contradictory but rather a whole different scenario like you said. Paul is speaking to the Body of Christ, and James, Peter, John are speaking to the believing element of the Nation of Israel. And the Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ are completely different - that’s the way God has separated them. For example, the believing element of the Nation of Israel had believed for their salvation that Jesus was the Son of God, (their Messiah); they had repented of their sins and had been baptized in water. (Matthew 16:16 and Acts 2:38) Whereas, Paul’s Gospel tells the Body of Christ that, for salvation, we must believe in our heart that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead.

In other words, there’s no reference to the Body of Christ. There’s no reference to the working and the controlling of the Holy Spirit with the gospel preached by the Jewish sect.

As for the Lord and King question. The church is Christ's mystical body, He is not the king of the church because we make up His body, on the other hand He is the king of the Jews -

Two entities make up a kingdom- a king and his subject

In the book of acts1 they asked Christ 6 So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will reestablish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?

The question was a legitimate question but Christ had other plans before that could happen which is the gospel of grace for the entire world.

Christ did not say no, it won't happen. He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power[/
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

If God wanted me to know about your so called fathers, it will be part of the scripture. Everything that I accepted was by faith through Christ. I believe everything within it, what you are saying is not within the scripture, so there is no room for your fathers role.

You mean you were born and the Bible appeared from space and you read and believed it to be God's word? If that is how people come to faith, then what would be your problem with we Catholics being born, finding ourselves in s Catholic Church and believing it to br God's one true Church?

Where did God tell us in scripture that anything he wanted us to know would be in scripture and anything that is not in scripture should not be accepted?

Except you want to teach me your personal doctrine which is, of course, false.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

I know the Holy Spirit spoke with Paul cos the scripture say so and I believe it by faith

And we Catholics know the Holy Spirit guides the Catholic Church just as it guided it in compiling the Bible so we believe its teachings by faith.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:
How can I claim to be infallible, am I the word of God? Only is Word is infallible.

Then you dont know what we mean by "infallible."
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Never, while bowing and making images to reverence, you are already against God.

You mean Joshua was against God. He prostrated before images that were made for reverence.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

He adopted Timothy when he espoused him from his parents and he called him and only him his son

Show me where scripture says this.

After you show me, tell me whether John also "adopted" and "espoused" all the readers of 1 John 2:1 when he said "my little children."
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:17pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Then after [an interval] of fourteen years I again went up to Jerusalem. [This time I went] with Barnabas, taking Titus along with [me] also.

2 I went because it was specially and divinely revealed to me that I should go, and I put before them the Gospel [declaring to them that] which I preach among the Gentiles. However, [I presented the matter] privately before those of repute, [for I wanted to make certain, by thus at first confining my communication to this private conference] that I was not running or had not run in vain [guarding against being discredited either in what I was planning to do or had already done].

He went because it was specially revealed as you can see. He came to compare what he was saying to what they were saying-after he spoke with them, he said this

Moreover, [no new requirements were made] by those who were reputed to be something—though what was their individual position and whether they really were of importance or not makes no difference to me

So God revealed to Paul to go to Peter and company to make sure that his preaching was not a race in vain.

...And you say Paul didnt give a damn about them. Evidently, God gave a damn about them.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:38pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

All that was said to Peter was a gospel according to tradition to the jewish believers

11 Therefore, remember that at one time you were Gentiles (heathens) in the flesh, called Uncircumcision by those who called themselves Circumcision, [itself a [e]mere mark] in the flesh made by human hands.

12 [Remember] that you were at that time separated (living apart) from Christ [excluded from all part in Him], utterly estranged and outlawed from the rights of Israel as a nation, and strangers with no share in the sacred compacts of the [Messianic] promise [with no knowledge of or right in God’s agreements, His covenants]. And you had no hope (no promise); you were in the world without God.

13 But now in Christ Jesus, you who once were [so] far away, through (by, in) the blood of Christ have been brought near

As you can see we only became part of the fold after the death of Christ

Okay, so in giving Peter the keys to the kingdom and telling him to feed his sheep, did Jesus mean these ministries to be only to the Jews or to both Jews and Gentiles?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi: I believe I have answered your questions, are you ready for my questions?

I'm always ready...but you havent answered convincingly as I have shown.

Do you want me to give you the kind of flimsy answers you are giving me?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Anyone who preaches another gospel aside trusting and believing the gospel of Christ should be accursed.

The curse might just start from those who preach that Paul's gospel is different from Jesus' Gospel.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 1:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

Again, this is not contradictory but rather a whole different scenario like you said. Paul is speaking to the Body of Christ, and James, Peter, John are speaking to the believing element of the Nation of Israel. And the Nation of Israel and the Body of Christ are completely different - that’s the way God has separated them. For example, the believing element of the Nation of Israel had believed for their salvation that Jesus was the Son of God, (their Messiah); they had repented of their sins and had been baptized in water. (Matthew 16:16 and Acts 2:38) Whereas, Paul’s Gospel tells the Body of Christ that, for salvation, we must believe in our heart that Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rose from the dead.

In other words, there’s no reference to the Body of Christ. There’s no reference to the working and the controlling of the Holy Spirit with the gospel preached by the Jewish sect.

As for the Lord and King question. The church is Christ's mystical body, He is not the king of the church because we make up His body, on the other hand He is the king of the Jews -

Two entities make up a kingdom- a king and his subject

In the book of acts1 they asked Christ 6 So when they were assembled, they asked Him, Lord, is this the time when You will reestablish the kingdom and restore it to Israel?

The question was a legitimate question but Christ had other plans before that could happen which is the gospel of grace for the entire world.

Christ did not say no, it won't happen. He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know [b]what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed [c]years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power[/

HERETIC PAR EXCELLENCE!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 2:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

You mean you were born and the Bible appeared from space and you read and believed it to be God's word? If that is how people come to faith, then what would be your problem with we Catholics being born, finding ourselves in s Catholic Church and believing it to br God's one true Church?

Where did God tell us in scripture that anything he wanted us to know would be in scripture and anything that is not in scripture should not be accepted?

Except you want to teach me your personal doctrine which is, of course, false.

You are just a joke who is determined to perish by believing the wrong things. You have refused to answer any of my questions, yet you throw every random question at me. I have answered your question about this catholic of a thing. Be very careful when you even say catholic cos that means general, it is different from the devil's abode called Roman Catholic.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 3:21pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:
You are just a joke who is determined to perish by believing the wrong things.

Thank you! I still refuse to believe you "2 gospels" heresy. There is only one gospel, one flock, one body.
shdemidemi:
You have refused to answer any of my questions, yet you throw every random question at me.

Excuse me! Are you blind? Oh, I forgot you're a habitual liar.
shdemidemi:
I have answered your question about this catholic of a thing. Be very careful when you even say catholic cos that means general, it is different from the devil's abode called Roman Catholic.

So it was from the devil's abode that the Bible was compiled. Wonderful!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 3:44pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

Thank you! I still refuse to believe you "2 gospels" heresy. There is only one gospel, one flock, one body.

Excuse me! Are you blind? Oh, I forgot you're a habitual liar.

So it was from the devil's abode that the Bible was compiled. Wonderful!

Don't get it twisted God uses the devil to achieve his plan, do you think what the serpent did at the garden was oblivious to God. If the devil knew killing Christ would have the effect it as, they would not have killed him. God used judas and the Romans to achieve the gift of grace. God can use the worse person on earth for his work.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:41pm On Jun 30, 2013
I heard many heresies from you. The latest one is that:

The devil compiled the Bible under God's inspiration.

Any more?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: I heard many heresies from you. The latest one is that:

The devil compiled the Bible under God's inspiration.

Any more?

There is no room to justify the apostasy going on in your roman catholic . Period
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 8:11pm On Jun 30, 2013
Which apostasy?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 8:50pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: Which apostasy?

read 2 thessalonians 2 to see who your pope really is.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2013
It says nothing about the Pope. Except you are reading your personal translation of the Bible.

Besides, didnt you say you dont care whether what you believe is written in the Bible? Only your faith matters.

Why are you then telling me to read the Bible? Shouldnt my faith be sufficient?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:10pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: It says nothing about the Pope. Except you are reading your personal translation of the Bible.

Besides, didnt you say you dont care whether what you believe is written in the Bible? Only your faith matters.

Why are you then telling me to read the Bible? Shouldnt my faith be sufficient?

So you like to think, the man of perdition is the pope.

Did I not tell you the bible is the word of God?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2013
shdemidemi:

So you like to think, the man of perdition is the pope.

Did I not tell you the bible is the word of God?

Since the bible is the word of God, show me where it says "the man of perdition is the pope."
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:35pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo:

Since the bible is the word of God, show me where it says "the man of perdition is the pope."

I have told you to read it, it is there. Read it over and over until you figure out that man of perdition in that sits in the temple of God
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:46pm On Jun 30, 2013
Ah-ah! First you said the Catholic Church is the devil's abode, now you say it is the temple of God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 9:48pm On Jun 30, 2013
italo: Ah-ah! First you said the Catholic Church is the devil's abode, now you say it is the temple of God.
Do you accept it is the devil's abode?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 9:53pm On Jun 30, 2013
No. Do you accept it is the temple of God?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Rich4god(m): 11:16am On Jul 01, 2013
@Italo... Plz let this guy be. Its pretty obvious from his post that he is really in a confused state.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 11:28am On Jul 01, 2013
Rich4god: @Italo... Plz let this guy be. Its pretty obvious from his post that he is really in a confused state.

I was just trying to expose his/their (anti-catholics) confused state for you and all to see. smiley
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2013
Bunch of jokers... Waiting for the thread though @italo
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:39pm On Jul 01, 2013
What would be my aim of opening the thread?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 12:49pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: What would be my aim of opening the thread?

For many reasons, you might even gain souls if you prove through scriptures that the Roman Catholic is really of God.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2013
I already made you prove it on this thread. You called it "the temple of God."

That is how I like to work.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 1:06pm On Jul 01, 2013
italo: I already made you prove it on this thread. You called it "the temple of God."

That is how I like to work.

I hope you know what 'abode' means. See what the bible says about your church

3 Let no one deceive or beguile you in any way, for that day will not come except the [a]apostasy comes first [unless the predicted great falling away of those who have [b]professed to be Christians has come], and the man of lawlessness (sin) is revealed, who is the son of doom (of perdition),
4 Who opposes and exalts himself so proudly and insolently against and over all that is called God or that is worshiped, [even to his actually] taking his seat in the temple of God, proclaiming that he himself is God.

He is right there in Rome controlling the affairs of your life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

The Third Eye: The Pineal Gland / This is the Will of GOD: "You should abstain from fornication" / Today Message @ Dunamis International Gospel Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.