Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,407 members, 7,819,450 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! (13989 Views)

See What This Dude Is Giving To God / Listening To Worldly Music,worldly Jokes And Movies Is An Abomination To GOD / Sunday Worship Is The "mark Of The Beast" And Sabbath Is The Seal Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:02pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

The first Church fathers were the apostles. The ones that compiled the Bible were the successors of the successors of their successors.

I don't know what you are talking about, who made Paul a father?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Who compiled the book you use and where and when was it compiled?

is it about the compilation or when it was compiled? all we are saying is, do you believe the scripture?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:04pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:
No it wasn't your fathers like you claim. Paul himself addressed his epistles to different churches in different cities and countries. He single handedly spread the gospel through preaching and letters.

He didnt single-handedly do anything. Even he went back to the first Church fathers to validate what he was teaching. He didnt go back to the Bible or scripture.

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul? Did you ever see Paul?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

is it about the compilation or when it was compiled? all we are saying is, do you believe the scripture?

The question was for boomark, but if he has hired you to be his spokesman, then answer the question.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

He didnt single-handedly do anything. Even he went back to the first Church fathers to validate what he was teaching. He didnt go back to the Bible or scripture.

How do you know it was the Holy Spirit speaking through Paul? Did you ever see Paul?

You are a joke, I am sure you are referring to Galatians where he told Peter and the rest off. He said the people that were meant to be pillars could not add anything to him.

I believe the books, do you?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

The question was for boomark, but if he has hired you to be his spokesman, then answer the question.

while you refuse to answer all the questions directed at you.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Frostyzone(m): 6:12pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo: @frostyzone,

Can you tell us how and when the Catholic Church started well and how and when it got corrupted?

Probably when Roman catholic church came into existence. As for when it started to stagnate, like I mentioned in my earlier post it was during the renaissance period, when their Pope is regarded as god and even kings fear them.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:13pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

I don't know what you are talking about, who made Paul a father?

Not surprised. You dont know 90% of what you're arguing about.

You didnt even know that 1Cor 13:12 was talking about heaven, yet you were here making a nuisance of yourself.

You should ask Paul who made him Timothy's father.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Not surprised. You dont know 90% of what you're arguing about.

You didnt even know that 1Cor 13:12 was talking about heaven, yet you were here making a nuisance of yourself.

You should ask Paul who made him Timothy's father.

He became Timothy's father cos he adopted him, He did not adopt you. I left you on that verse cos you are limited in knowledge of the scriptures considering the fact that you have not answered the question I asked you- Do you believe in the bible is 100% true?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:22pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Are you so blind to see. Is any man on the face of the earth infallible,? If you agree that God inspired the collation, why don't you follow what has been collated, why would you then follow humans who God used to collate the bible.

Are you that foolish?

You have not seen anything yet. For the sake of men, he will chose to ignore the scriptures.

Their church fathers did not compile the "book of the word of God" i use ie the holy scripture. I hope you use the same book.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:23pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

You are a joke, I am sure you are referring to Galatians where he told Peter and the rest off. He said the people that were meant to be pillars could not add anything to him.

I believe the books, do you?

Gal 2:1 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain."
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

while you refuse to answer all the questions directed at you.

The question wasnt for you brother. Why kill yourself over it?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:27pm On Jun 28, 2013
Frostyzone:

Probably when Roman catholic church came into existence. As for when it started to stagnate, like I mentioned in my earlier post it was during the renaissance period, when their Pope is regarded as god and even kings fear them.

When did the Catholic Church come into existence and how?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:31pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Gal 2:1 Then after fourteen years, I went up again to Jerusalem, this time with Barnabas. I took Titus along also. 2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed [/b]as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain."

Is English your problem? those esteemed as leaders. The man did not say leaders, he said esteemed.

6 Moreover, [no new requirements were made] by [b]those who were reputed to be something
—though what was their individual position and whether they really were of importance or not makes no difference to me; God is not impressed with the positions that men hold and He is not partial and recognizes no external distinctions—those [I say] who were of repute imposed no new requirements upon me [had nothing to add to my Gospel, and from them I received no new suggestions].

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable

Does that sound like someone who gives a damn about what Peter and the rest were doing?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:33pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

He became Timothy's father cos he adopted him, He did not adopt you. I left you on that verse cos you are limited in knowledge of the scriptures considering the fact that you have not answered the question I asked you- Do you believe in the bible is 100% true?

When and how did he adopt Timothy?

I believe the Bible is 100% true. Because it was declared 100% true by God's Catholic Church which is 100% true.

If someone had lied to me that the Bible fell from the sky, as some of you anti-Catholics believe, I would not have taken it seriously.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:34pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

The question wasnt for you brother. Why kill yourself over it?

If you know what you are talking about, you should not bother. Just answer my questions.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:37pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

I believe the Bible is 100% true. Because it was declared 100% true by God's Catholic Church which is 100% true.

If someone had lied to me that the Bible fell from the sky, as some of you anti-Catholics believe, I would not have taken it seriously.

Thank God you believe the bible, therefore, anything any thing added or taken out would definitely be by apostasy. You have a lot to answer in that case.

Read your Acts 16
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:39pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Is English your problem? those esteemed as leaders. The man did not say leaders, he said esteemed.

6 Moreover, [no new requirements were made] by those who were reputed to be something—though what was their individual position and whether they really were of importance or not makes no difference to me; God is not impressed with the positions that men hold and He is not partial and recognizes no external distinctions—those [I say] who were of repute imposed no new requirements upon me [had nothing to add to my Gospel, and from them I received no new suggestions].

7 But on the contrary, when they [really] saw that I had been entrusted [to carry] the Gospel to the uncircumcised [Gentiles, just as definitely] as Peter had been entrusted [to proclaim] the Gospel to the circumcised [Jews, they were agreeable

Does that sound like someone who gives a damn about what Peter and the rest were doing?

If they were not leaders and Paul did not give a damn about them, why did he go to them to be sure that his preaching of 14years had not been a race "in vain?"
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:40pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

If you know what you are talking about, you should not bother. Just answer my questions.

After you answer mine.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

My hand no dey am. Demi can handle you if you don't dodge his questions. I can see you have learnt more dodgematic skills(dodgeous replies). angry

the handiwork of prophet bidam(fake) is unfathomable. angry

Yea i remember, demi is not aware that you believe in the traditions of spoken word which has no scriptural backing.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:42pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Thank God you believe the bible, therefore, anything any thing added or taken out would definitely be by apostasy. You have a lot to answer in that case.

Read your Acts 16

Isnt is you who lied that Paul was talking about scripture in 1Cor 13:12?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:43pm On Jun 28, 2013
Boomark:

My hand no dey am. Demi can handle you if you don't dodge his questions. I can see you have learnt more dodgematic skills(dodgeous replies). angry

the handiwork of prophet bidam(fake) is unfathomable. angry

Yea i remember, demi is not aware that you believe in the traditions of spoken word which has no scriptural backing.

Can you please translate this to English?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:44pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

If they were not leaders and Paul did not give a damn about them, why did he go to them to be sure that his preaching of 14years had not been a race "in vain?"

Do you understand what was written, they were perceived to be leaders cos they walked with Christ in His three year ministry. Did Paul sound like what they think matter to him? He had a fresh revelation, a fresh ministry to the gentile.

As you can clearly see there Peter had a ministry to the Jews.

I ask again, are you a Jew?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 6:54pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Do you understand what was written, they were perceived to be leaders cos they walked with Christ in His three year ministry. Did Paul sound like what they think matter to him? He had a fresh revelation, a fresh ministry to the gentile.

As you can clearly see there Peter had a ministry to the Jews.

I ask again, are you a Jew?

I see!

When Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and said anything he bound or loosed on earth would be bound or loosed in heaven, it didnt have anything to do with the gentiles, right?

When Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep, it didnt concern the Gentiles, right?

Only Jews are part of Jesus' flock, right?

That is the gospel according to the "infallible" shdemidemi.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 6:59pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

I see!

When Jesus gave Peter the keys to the kingdom and said anything he bound or loosed on earth would be bound or loosed in heaven, it didnt have anything to do with the gentiles, right?

When Jesus told Peter to feed his sheep, it didnt concern the Gentiles, right?

Only Jews are part of Jesus' flock, right?

That is the gospel according to the "infallible" shdemidemi.

Did Jesus mention anything about the gentile world while He was alive? If He did show me, stop assuming.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by Boomark(m): 7:00pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

So the scripture/word of God was not 100% true untill the catholic church declared it 100% true?

Smh!!!
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:11pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

Did Jesus mention anything about the gentile world while He was alive? If He did show me, stop assuming.

There is no need of arguing this further.

Your position is that only Jews are part of Jesus' flock and kingdom.

I give up on you.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:14pm On Jun 28, 2013
Boomark:

So the scripture/word of God was not 100% true untill the catholic church declared it 100% true?

Smh!!!

Unfortunately, that is what you erroneously understand from that simple statement of mine. How then can you understand the gospel?
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 7:17pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

There is no need of arguing this further.

Your position is that only Jews are part of Jesus' flock and kingdom.

I give up on you.

I asked you a simple question.. You know you are inept and incompetent to talk scriptures, you are just a follower of the of the lawless one, the antichrist through your pope.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 7:20pm On Jun 28, 2013
Boomark:

Smh!!!

very bizarre and absurd statement. He is just a follower that has been indoctrinated and brainwashed by the men of perdition.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by italo: 7:24pm On Jun 28, 2013
shdemidemi:

I asked you a simple question.. You know you are inept and incompetent to talk scriptures, you are just a follower of the of the lawless one, the antichrist through your pope.
shdemidemi:

very bizarre and absurd statement. He is just a follower that has been indoctrinated and brainwashed by the men of perdition.

Pointless.
Re: Image Worship Is An Abomination To God!!! by shdemidemi(m): 7:28pm On Jun 28, 2013
italo:

Pointless.

If you truly think so, answer the questions or vamoose

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Why You Shouldn't Wait To See Hell Fire First Before You Believe That It Exists / Revd Michael Olusegun Is The New Methodist Church Archbishop Of Abuja / Pastor Chris Oyakilome's Phone Number

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.