Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? (10311 Views)

Boko Haram Planning To Bomb South-west – NOA Raises Alarm / "..I Didn't Say I'll Bomb Nigeria; I'll Destroy It Completely" - Nnamdi Kanu / MEND To Bomb Nigeria - Chevron Tank Farm in Escravos On October 1st! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 3:12am On May 10, 2008
The Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Mike Okiro, on Friday, warned that the al-Qaeda terrorist network was planning to bomb some parts of Nigeria.

Okiro, who did not give the locations which the group led by the world’s most wanted man, Osama bin Laden, planned to bomb, however, revealed that security reports indicated that the threat was real and could happen anytime. The IG, who spoke at a conference for senior police officers in Obudu, Cross River State, charged them to be diligent as regards the threat.

He particularly called on the Assistant Inspector-General, Surveillance, Mr. Israel Ajao, to ensure that all parts of the country were well monitored. He also called on the Commissioner of Police (Border Patrol) and the commissioners of police of the 36 state commands and the Federal Capital Territory to ensure that nothing of such happened in their areas of jurisdiction.

Okiro said, “The al-Qaeda network has threatened to send time bombs to Nigeria. The AIG Surveillance should intensify surveillance while the CP Airwing, CP Border Patrol and the CPs of all the commands should be on the alert and ensure that these items (bombs) do not pass through their end.”

In 2002, bin Laden reportedly urged Great One faithful in Nigeria and some other countries to overthrow their governments. In 2004, some Nigerians were linked to al-Qaeda and, in fact, some are currently on trial.

Read more: http://punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art20080510233856

Bullshit! What threat is more real and dangerous than the threat of hunger, darkness and insecurity that is presently everywhere in Nigeria, If only those time bombs will be directed to the cabals and their cronies, from Ota Farm to Minna and wherever they could be found,it will surely be a good riddance to a bad rubbish called leadership in Nigeria.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by wendymanda: 3:23am On May 10, 2008
I wanted to say how much of a waste of time it would be to bomb Nigeria. The government is already doing the type of bombing destroying the country. If any of this crap were to be true Al-Queda should start with bombing some government officials. Those baboons in two piece suits should go first.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Cadet(f): 3:30am On May 10, 2008
wendymanda:

I wanted to say how much of a waste of time it would be to bomb Nigeria. The government is already doing the type of bombing destroying the country. If any of this crap were to be true Al-Queda should start with bombing some government officials. Those baboons in two piece suits should go first.

rotflmao
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Tonim(f): 5:10am On May 10, 2008
I wouldn't completely rule it out - Northerners believe the west wants to eradicate them, that's why they fail to
take polio vaccines. So, Al-qaeda could be out to bomb western interests in Nigeria in solidarity for their
Northern mu'slim brothers.

Didn't Nigeria's intelligence authorities once foil one of their plots ?

wendymanda:

Wendy, girl, you no well grin grin
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 5:57am On May 10, 2008
Earlier in the week, it was MEND and Obama, now Nigerian Government and Al-Qaeeda I am not a fan of both terrorist groups but I don't trust the Nigerian government and so I am quite skeptical this news has any bearing to reality.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by coolier(f): 8:39am On May 10, 2008
Corruption of the highest order will finally and totally be eradicated.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by JayFK(m): 9:35am On May 10, 2008
one would think al qaeda would have better things to do, bombing the "great satan" and all.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by kayowalemi(m): 11:42am On May 10, 2008
they should tell us where dem wan blow make we leave the place for them.

I beg if anyone get free air ticket make im call me I wan go on leave oooooooooo
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 12:18pm On May 10, 2008
Nairalanders, dont be scared, the first place they will be bombing is OTTA FARM
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by kayowalemi(m): 12:23pm On May 10, 2008
In that case I should be on my way to Ghana because my house dey OTTA.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by smile4kenn(m): 12:25pm On May 10, 2008
kayowalemi:

In that case I should be on my way to Ghana because my house dey OTTA.

hahahahhahaha
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by mazaje(m): 12:34pm On May 10, 2008
There are no worse terrorist than the nigerian government,They have terrorized the state to almost a point of no return, make them carry go joh make we rest.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by eta200425: 1:02pm On May 10, 2008
whatever may be the case it is just a plan which will not see the light of the day death is not our portion.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by ifyalways(f): 1:52pm On May 10, 2008
lmao.
nothing dey happen,we no send dem. cheesy
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by otokx(m): 3:31pm On May 10, 2008
The darkness in our land won't allow al gini come here. To start with they will be duped of all their hard currencies and ammunitions then trust our Port Harcourt babes to infest them with the dreaded HIV before handing them over to their Owerri counterparts for onward movement to okija where they will meet their maker.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by SamMilla1(m): 9:04pm On May 10, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Earlier in the week, it was MEND and Obama, now Nigerian Government and Al-Qaeeda I am not a fan of both terrorist groups but I don't trust the Nigerian government and so I am quite skeptical this news has any bearing to reality.

Why do you think that The Federal Government of the biggest nation in continental Africa
would try to threaten themselves by announcing that al-qaeda wants to bomb them.
If al-qaeda can bomb Kenya and some Tanzania
what do u think will make them rule nigeria out?
You can be skeptical all you want but mind how you talk about our govenment.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by TheSly: 9:13pm On May 10, 2008
He particularly called on the Assistant Inspector-General, Surveillance, Mr. Israel Ajao, to ensure that all parts of the country were well monitored
What a foolish statement!
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by zillaxy: 10:47pm On May 10, 2008
oh please! Nigeria's always like to 'fill amoung'.

if Al~Q is stupid enough to blow anywhere in naij (say the american embassy) then i think it may actually be a good thing as the stupid people who support them would realise how crazy that org is. remember the backlash of the kano nonsense last year? most people there said 'no thanks' we're used to killing our own people, we dont need external help'. the blood thirsty people dont like their 'enemies' killed by others.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by 4Him1(m): 12:18am On May 11, 2008
there is already a ticking time bomb in Nigeria, that of corruption and it sure wasnt Al qaeda who sent it.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by sheniqua: 1:46am On May 11, 2008
There are "prayers" from Kano and Katsina already facing the east asking  him to come.
alla'h al queda is finally coming to the rescue  lipsrsealed
and I'm sure there's a lot of rejoicing in some quarters
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:50am On May 11, 2008
He particularly called on the Assistant Inspector-General, Surveillance, Mr. Israel Ajao, to ensure that all parts of the country were well monitored.

I don't know why this is funny to me cheesy Are we talking about the same Nigerian Police or something else?
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Cadet(f): 2:52am On May 11, 2008
stillwater:

I don't know why this is funny to me cheesy Are we talking about the same Nigerian Police or something else?
LOL! maybe they should have replaced "all part of the country" with "all money in the country".
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by sheniqua: 2:53am On May 11, 2008
It simply means more roadblocks
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by toshmann(m): 3:55am On May 11, 2008
wetin shocked who wan bomb naija grin

abeg make dem save dem bombs jare, naija go soon scatter on 'in own grin grin grin
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by wendymanda: 4:43am On May 11, 2008
Didn't Nigeria's intelligence authorities once foil one of their plots ?

Putting Nigerian authorities and intelligence in the same sentence is somewhat of an anomaly. When did Nigerian authorities realize intelligence was necessary and why have they not yet put it into practice.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Kobojunkie: 4:52am On May 11, 2008
roflmao!!!
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Frizy(m): 9:18am On May 11, 2008
From all the post have read, there isn't one that says we should protect our famous country. When will we become patriots?!
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Tonim(f): 9:28am On May 11, 2008

Putting Nigerian authorities and intelligence in the same sentence is somewhat of an anomaly. When did Nigerian authorities realize intelligence was necessary and why have they not yet put it into practice.

It is apparent that you do not keep up with Nigerian news. Please see below (from the BBC):

Nigeria makes 'al-Qaeda' arrests

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/7090642.stm

A group of militants with suspected links to al-Qaeda in northern Nigeria has been arrested
according to Nigeria's internal security service.

A State Security Service spokesman said men in three states were detained and explosive-making
devices were found.

Nigeria has not suffered a terrorist attack and despite occasional arrests of suspected Is'lamic
militants.

In September, the US embassy warned Nigeria is at risk of a terror attack.

A group of Is'lamic militants were found with fertiliser and explosive-making devices, following
investigations in three states in northern Nigeria: Kano, Kaduna and Yobe.

The SSS said the men had suspected links to the al-Qaeda network and the Nigerian Taleban.

Given that Nigeria is a major oil producer yet its population is poor and equally split between Great Ones and
Christians, British and American officials have long been obsessed that Nigeria was ripe for al-Qaeda-style groups.

So, as you can see, putting Nigerian authorities and intelligence in the same sentence is not as far fetched as you presumed. When I stated
that the Nigerian authorities once foiled an al-qaeda plot, I didn't just make the story up from thin air.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by zillaxy: 11:24am On May 11, 2008
sheniqua:

There are "prayers" from Kano and Katsina already facing the east asking him to come.
Alla'h al queda is finally coming to the rescue lipsrsealed
and I'm sure there's a lot of rejoicing in some quarters

i'm sure there is nothin to worry about. the christian 'god' (lol) will save u.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by wendymanda: 5:43pm On May 11, 2008
In September, the US embassy warned Nigeria is at risk of a terror attack.

You consider them intelligent after being warned that there are terrorists in the country?
I don't think that is intelligence seeing as there has always been terrorists, just not Al-queda.
Next time a professor tells me the answer to an exam question I will call myself intelligent.
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by Tonim(f): 10:08pm On May 11, 2008

You consider them intelligent after being warned that there are terrorists in the country?
I don't think that is intelligence seeing as there has always been terrorists, just not Al-queda.
Next time a professor tells me the answer to an exam question I will call myself intelligent.

The intelligence I was referring to was not the one synonymous with being "smart"; I was
referring to the State Security Services (SSS) - the people in the business of intelligence
gathering. I didn't think it was that difficult to understand.

- and even if someone is forewarned, you still have to be "intelligent" to foil a plot. The
United States, with all their economic power and military might, still couldn't stall
the events of 9/11, so did the british authorities with the london bombings.

From all the post have read, there isn't one that says we should protect our famous country. When will we become patriots?!

Abeg, help me ask her them ooo
Re: Al-Qaeda Plans To Bomb Nigeria? by subice(m): 10:36pm On May 11, 2008
Mr. Okiro clearly does not have the character for the position he holds or he is seeking relevance. Or both. In the first place, if indeed there might be such a threat at some point, he should be looking to contain such information until the threat is obvious and with some sort of evidence to back up such an assessment, so as not to cause public panic. Also, what killed it for me is him issuing orders through the media. He should be informing the media that he has already issued such orders and not making a public show issuing them. This is an utter show of unseriousness bordering on incompetence. Combine this with the fact that the public has little or no confidence in the police. Most people would dismiss the 'threat' as soon as they see the story.
In any case, I believe that national security threats would (should) be addressed by the SSS and not the police and any information regarding such should come from them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

2023: You’ll Be Able To Go Back To Your Farms If I Am Elected – Tinubu / Eleweomo, Ousted Nurtw Ibadan Boss Murdered / Those Who Want Oyegun Out As National Chairman Are Targetting Buhari --dr Chris

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.