Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,768 members, 7,824,230 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating (26093 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Goke7:

Emenike and Moses possess the skills u are talking about in fact uruguay should thank God those guys were absent!
Yeah, I love Moses, and Odewengie...Emenike is ok too....we need terrorists in our attacking fronts, I mean players that will be terrorising our opponent's front like Boko Haram terrorising northern region before the state of emergency.

I can't wait to see Nigeria produce world class strikers and wingers like:

Cristiano Ronaldo
Lionel Messi
Arjen Robben
Ribbery
Bale
Muller

Who said we don't have then undiscovered yet? I strongly believe we have them but corruption and bad environment won't let us discover them seriously.

Nigerian guys love football and we are good in it, in fact, we are supposed to be the best nation when it comes to football in the world...I am really praying and waiting eagerly to celebrate that glorious moment because we ought to.

If we have the right strikers, our opponents won't be free enough to be coming forward with full attack.

Imagine, we dominated the game but any little mistake and the Uruguay side gets a grip of the ball, the next thing is goal on our net! Its too humiliating....we are supposed to be predators and not prey! Super Eagles is supposed to be a threat to other national teams and not the threatened!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

Will suddenly be strong after conceding 16 goals in 2 matches? You can't do more than your ability. The Tahitians dont have what it takes to concede less than 5 from the Uruguayans.
wait until the final whistle.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by UyiIredia(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2013
Not a good rating. OP is probably being too emotional. What's clear is that our attack, in particular needs shoring up, and our set pieces. Forget Odemwingie. In a nation of over 140 million people there MUST be strikers who are creative and are excellent in set-pieces.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ajasnoop: 11:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

CIV is not an average side. Player for player, they match top European national teams. Drogba, Yaya Toure, Kolo Toure, Gervinho, Saloman Kalou, Arthur Boka are players that have played in the biggest clubs in world football.

Please read what is wrote well. I said CIV was the only half decent team in the competition. In CAN 2013 they were not world beaters in any shape of form. Drogba, Kalou and Kolo toure were and are still in decline. Gervinho is an ok player he is not world class. The only world class player they have in that team is Yaya Toure

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by chi4ik(m): 11:16am On Jun 21, 2013
Super Eagle did very well, I never espected them to play lik dis; ball possession was 56-44. We did well but pls WE NEED osaze, Uche, joel Obi, Chinedu Obasi Ogbuke. Above all, I mess moses $ Emenike

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ndlife: 11:19am On Jun 21, 2013
SE would have conceive more goals against tahiti. Instead playing with the goalkeeper, this is when goals count.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by 12345DKO(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2013
9jafreak: The rating is too harsh please!
It's a young, under-strength Team and these boys can play footie unlike the Yakubu days when it was all wuruwuru to the answer.
Keshi is ingenious.
now dat the Super Eagles lost dat dey are a young & under- strength team but wen dey won the AFCON dey were mature and strong den. Drop dis excuse bro, dey lost simple.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ichel: 11:25am On Jun 21, 2013
Is it only me dat feels like the second goal is Omeruo's fault. He should have been runing towards the ball, not towards the post jst exactly as Efe did against Cavani. So rating of 5.5 or 6 z more suiting.

As for mikel, maybe am d only one dat noticed how he breaks counter attacks that he should've been pushing. Yes, he scored but dat should give him 8 rating, maybe 6.

Ideye! ideye!! Yeah, below average bt nt as bad as u guys are makin him, maybe he belive he z too gud than we tot by all trying to score a goalazo bt generally he tried 3.5

Musa, Musa, i dnt knw wat to say bout him, bt he has improved a bit
4.5 to 5
Oduamdi he should put us in front earlier had he elected to shoot from the cross from mikel as neymar did than droppin it for another, he's a bit shaky 4 to 4.5
#fromarugbyfan
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by internetpo(m): 11:26am On Jun 21, 2013
In my own humble opinion. Musa shd b rated a little more. He was d only real threat we had in dat attack afta Oduamadi got injured.. Echejile played d best game I av ever seen him play 4 Naija. He now has more codifence. The rating 4 Ambrose was wrong. The two goals was 4rm his own end. Re watch d replay or highlights.

Overall. The team tried. We just nid 2 beef up some departments, esp. The attack.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:28am On Jun 21, 2013
The midfielder who gave away possession for the second goal is a big fool. What's his name?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:30am On Jun 21, 2013
dahmie2013: Please can someone help me with the implication of this loss. Thanks!

Nigeria is out already
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by jadelord(m): 11:31am On Jun 21, 2013
Apart from d goal dat Mikel scored, which was a class, he did nothing to help d team move forward... held on to d ball unnecessarily m not watchin d runs of his men.... for crying out loud did he give d kind of service that lead to him scoring dat magnificient goal? Isnt hr suppose to be among d best passer of d ball in the premier league?

Musa, for all ur criticism, was d one player who put fear in d heart of the uruguayan defense. He cant do it alone, his passes had good intention but lacked precision. dont b hard on him.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:31am On Jun 21, 2013
J12: The midfielder who gave away possession for the second goal is a big fool. What's his name?

Aboki Musa
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by fredoooooo: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2013
2tex: Despite d fact we lost d game, i can take solace in d fact dat Mikel finally found d net. Gawd! I nearly went gaga wen dat dude scored. Was like i won a lottery.

His haters can finally SHUT UP.

Haters can continue to hate , with or without goal , i respect his achievements in the game ...
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Myself2(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2013
@ Virus Jarus
I rate your rating 8/10,Echiejile was one nof our best performers on the night,after Omeruo and Mikel

Mikel did very well,but he should stop taking free kicks
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by boban007: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2013
anywhere in d world u need ur experienced players.if keshi is building a new team,that does not mean he should for go the likes of osaze&obafemi martins that are in top forms.the experienced players come handy especially in big matches.even uruguay could not overlook diego forlan's experience&it paid off at the end of the day.same way other countries like cameroon,ivory coast,togo...cant do without thier best players like Eto,drogba,adebayo....no matter the issues they ve with thier coaches&FA.this team still has a long way to go&for a long time,we will be having heart breaks,especially in the attack.i can imagine OSAZE,MARTINS,MOSES,EMENIKE,AMEOBI....in that squad,spain will be in trouble.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by gabcomite(m): 11:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Otor jesse: It ws a gud outin though dey lost..keshi shld forget his personal egos nd inivite osaze,martins nd d uche brodas...ujah,ideye,musa,akpala,babatunde, shld all be relegated 2 d bench...
I take an exception for ideye and musa been on the bench. those guys really tried their best , the only advice i will give coach keshi is to do something about the attacking line. and those guys shld learn to play range ball.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by toprealman: 11:36am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

If it was out of emotion, I wont give Oduamadi 4 and Ideye 3. I'm a big fan of Ideye.

Rating will never be the same for different people.
Don't be stupid! So if I support say team XYZ and they fail to play well, am I not allowed to give them a poor rating?
Ideye needs to focus on playing football first before anything else. That his haircut seem to be a major distraction.
He lacks football sense, very poor positioning and very poor finishing as well!!!
Did you see him against Tahiti, trying to always dribble the goalkeeper?
How many time have you seen messi,ronaldo,drogba,falcao,forlan, suarez...etc try that rubbish.
During training or testimonial matches yes, not in a serious match.
He is doing himself no good at all. He got called up to start because the regulars are all injured.
Oduamadi was not in the game at all. He is a fantastic player yes but lets face it, he didn't have a good game against Uruguay just like Suarez and cavani.....it happens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by siddiq202(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus: SUBS

OVERALL POSITIVE:
I think we expected too much from this team and we are impatient. The team is still under construction and these boys are still young. We also forget that Uruguay are champions in a continent that has Brazil and Argentina. What’s more, Forlan, Suarez and Cavani are no small players in world football. Not forgetting others players from Athletico Madrid, Liverpool etc. And this is a team we expected our own Ukraine and Belgian leagues players to defeat. It was a decent showing in my opinion.

http://jarushub.com/2013/06/21/player-rating-nigeria-vs-uruguay/

grin grin grin
Like seriously? Maybe on paper
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ekemit(m): 11:40am On Jun 21, 2013
THE EAGLES HAS MADE US PROUD LET GIVE KESHI OUR FULL SUPER WE SHALL BE THE GIANT OF THE WORLD NOT JUST AFRICA
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 21, 2013
Please give Musa some credit.. He wasn't that bad sad
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by mallorca(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2013
A marvelous display by Super Eagles than their game against Tahiti but luck ran out from them.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by AbuMikey(m): 11:43am On Jun 21, 2013
Ratings on Point...but I would rate Omeruo higher than Mikel!!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ow11(m): 11:44am On Jun 21, 2013
People are being a bit unfair to Musa, I'd rate him average (5). However, I learnt that the Eagles can create chances and are trying to be clever with goalscoring plus the following:

1. Emenike and possibly any of Gambo Mohammed/Sibi Gwar/Kalu Uche/Ikechukwu Uche would solve our striker crisis

2. Ideye works best as a support striker with his amazing movement.

3. Joel Obi needs to return to help Mikel who himself needs to move to a club where his Pirlo-like attributes would be polished to world class standard. I would prefer if Mikel moved to Fiorentina/Napoli/Athletico Madrid rather than Galatasaray or remain at Chelsea.

4. We still need a RB. Maybe Kwambe should try to play or if NFF can convince Leon Balogun/Thiago Illori (unlikely) to don the green of Nigeria.

5. Echiejile is getting more confident and needs one more injury free season to make NIgerians happy

6. Keshi needs to get rid of Ogude, Akpala and Ujah and maybe let us see what Sone Aluko and Lukman Haruna can bring to this team

7. Enyeama; Ambrose, Echiejile, Oboabona, Omeruo; Onazi, Mikel, Obi; Ideye, Emenike, Moses should start our next qualifier if all are available.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 21, 2013
internetpo: In my own humble opinion. Musa shd b rated a little more. He was d only real threat we had in dat attack afta Oduamadi got injured.. Echejile played d best game I av ever seen him play 4 Naija. He now has more codifence. The rating 4 Ambrose was wrong. The two goals was 4rm his own end. Re watch d replay or highlights.

Overall. The team tried. We just nid 2 beef up some departments, esp. The attack.
I beg to disagree sir. Musa was nothing but his name, Musa! That guy needs to go back to Eyimba for proper football grooming. He is only good at running around with ball, but can't make any meaningful contribution with it. He lacks scoring skill. He shots are never on target. His dribbles always end up faulty cos the opponent must get the ball back, so what for?

He needs to be benched for some time so that he can sit afar and watch others play and then observe his mistakes.

Musa should be rated 2/10. Mikel 6/10, Ideye 4/10, Akpala 2/10, Babatunde 3/10, Oduamadi 3.5/10, Enyeama 4/10, who again Others are just there to me...our performance wasn't good to me...why must we be threatened always and not the one to threaten? Why must we be prey and not predators?

Since we can't be at the forefront of technological innovations and economy, then we should be the leader in sports, tourism and recreation at least. I am still not happy....we need a serious upgrade in our football, and all these private/corporate bodies spending unnecessary money on musical artistes and actors to be their brand ambassadors should better wake up and venture into Nigerian soccer sponsorship so we can have lucrative local football clubs to be discovering young and hidden football talents.

Government need to do sth abt this....companies- telecoms, oil/gas and all those multinational coys shud be mandated to start sponsoring our local leagues and then the promotion should be improved to entice Nigerians. Commentators should be changed, the manner of broadcast too shud be changed to make it more appealing. If we can do it in musical/movie industry, we can do better in sports which will definitely boost our economy and everything.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by kokosheen(m): 11:48am On Jun 21, 2013
In my opinion, Efe Ambrose cost Nigeria both goals.

1st Goal: Forlan’s hopeful cross into the box was seen by Cavani, Omeruo was marking Logano but had to rush at Cavani.
At this point Efe wasn't marking anyone and just stood like a statute. If Cavani had tried to control the ball, Omeruo would have blocked him off, but he attempted a back leg flick which didn't connect and the ball rolled on to Logano - Efe was still ball watching.
Logano scuffs his shot, deceiving Enyeama and Uruguay scores (I don’t blame Enyeama).

2nd Goal: Musa comes in deep to pick-up the ball, Elderson created space for himself but Musa didn’t pass to him and was dispossessed of the ball – mistake 1.
Mistake 2 is a violation of the Football rule 101 – If your other full-back is in an over lapping position, you stay by the center-line or in direct view of your center halves so as to have good cover should your team lose possession in midfield (especially if the game is balanced and you’re not seriously hunting for a goal). Efe flaunted this basic defending rule and the most painful thing was that he didn’t even make effort to recover his position but was just watching as Forlan utilised the space he created to score (no goal keeper can stop that shot).

I respected Efe at the nation’s cup but grew sceptical after his performances for Celtic at the UEFA Champions league (I thought it was mainly due to fatigue). His performance last night was woeful, and makes me feel his real age should be closer to late 30’s rather than the 24 years football age.

Efe Ambrose rating: 1.0 (the 1 is for showing up for the match).

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by toprealman: 11:51am On Jun 21, 2013
siddiq202:

grin grin grin
Like seriously? Maybe on paper
Almost pissed myself when the commentator said Ahmed Musa is JUST 21 years old.....laugh no agree me laugh am!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by enemmo(f): 11:52am On Jun 21, 2013
Diego Forlan 10/10 for scoring that wicked goal and showing that "oga na master" embarassed.Just kidding.

@ OP Musa deserves more then that (IMHO),He really did his best.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Myself2(m): 11:54am On Jun 21, 2013
kokosheen: (no goal keeper can stop that shot).

You lie,I can stop it

That said I agree with every other thing you wrote,especially about Efe costing us the first goal,and Efe and Musa being the culprits for the second.

Oya come collect ya prize for a good post

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 11:56am On Jun 21, 2013
N_girl: Please give Musa some credit.. He wasn't that bad sad
why should he even be "bad" at all
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ajasnoop: 11:59am On Jun 21, 2013
ow11: People are being a bit unfair to Musa, I'd rate him average (5). However, I learnt that the Eagles can create chances and are trying to be clever with goalscoring plus the following:

1. Emenike and possibly any of Gambo Mohammed/Sibi Gwar/Kalu Uche/Ikechukwu Uche would solve our striker crisis

2. Ideye works best as a support striker with his amazing movement.

3. Joel Obi needs to return to help Mikel who himself needs to move to a club where his Pirlo-like attributes would be polished to world class standard. I would prefer if Mikel moved to Fiorentina/Napoli/Athletico Madrid rather than Galatasaray or remain at Chelsea.

4. We still need a RB. Maybe Kwambe should try to play or if NFF can convince Leon Balogun/Thiago Illori (unlikely) to don the green of Nigeria.

5. Echiejile is getting more confident and needs one more injury free season to make NIgerians happy

6. Keshi needs to get rid of Ogude, Akpala and Ujah and maybe let us see what Sone Aluko and Lukman Haruna can bring to this team

7. Enyeama; Ambrose, Echiejile, Oboabona, Omeruo; Onazi, Mikel, Obi; Ideye, Emenike, Moses should start our next qualifier if all are available.

There is nothing Haruna Lukman will bring to the team that we don't already have. Next thing somebody will ask for Macaulay Chrisantus

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Ikorodu United Bus In A Road Accident Enroute Makurdi Today / Timi Ebikagboro Is Dead (Photos) / I Never Wanted To Join Arsenal – Emiliano Martinez

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.