Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating - Sports (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating (26079 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by vokalguy(m): 12:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
Even though we lost, we did not lay down and let them roll over us.... Our defense could have been better and we were lacking cutting edge up front. I was proud of those boys! Oh if only we had a fully fit squad, we would have had a very competitive game. I see a bright future for our team.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by enesy4u(m): 12:02pm On Jun 21, 2013
collins.123:

Shut up your mouth!

u should watch urs
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by omode2(m): 12:03pm On Jun 21, 2013
Musa babu lakaye all run and does nt use his brain. I wonder what keshi wants to achieve wt players like babatunde and Akpala
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by searay(m): 12:04pm On Jun 21, 2013
@OP, are related to MUSA? If you asked me , I'll give him -1/10
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nuzo':

Thanks for the question. I like it.

1. Unlike Nigeria, the Chinese are more interested in table tennis, badminton, diving and gymnastics while the Indians are interested in Cricket. And they are doing great in these areas.

2. The chinese would rather watch or play basketball than soccer. An average chinese (young, old, male or female) knows more about NBA more than an average American. Just the same way Jarus knows about EPL more than Britons.

3. Recently, CNN showed a short documentary asking same questions about the chinese not being able to come up with a standard football team.

The Chinese have not remembered soccer. When they do...no be pesin go tell you.

Cheers!
Just because China is not doing well in football doesn't mean that they aren't interested in football, the have the world's largest market for football merchandise and they've a great league that imports players from abroad and pau them heavily. They are very much intersted in football, they are just not good enoug in it. My point is, population has nothing to do with football. what about Indonesia?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by scottpirlo24: 12:05pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dansalau: To be sincere, those boys tried their best, where we have problems is striker, Keshi should please look for a formidable striker, Osaze is there, Martins is there, after all Osaze has apologise for his mistakes, see, sentiment should not be in selection of a team if we really want to make an impact, if you really study our games, you will realized that we always struggle to score a goal, all the goals that Musa missed in our first match couldn't have, had bn we have a good striker.....
as a footballer ... I speak to you , Nija is on right track , those names you call will only but drag out football back..... Looking at that game yesterday... I saw hunger, I saw the mentality, I saw the character , I saw a team spirit ... Come world cup if NFF don't interfere with keshi's work , with moses , emenike and other discoveries.. We will mess the world up... I love the game I saw yesterday,,,, imagine surez and c rodiriguez subed for defenders... Mikel has been one player that has what no other have in africa for nw... He controlled the midfield in an opposition 3-4-3 formation..... I hope we understands the task

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by scottpirlo24: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dansalau: To be sincere, those boys tried their best, where we have problems is striker, Keshi should please look for a formidable striker, Osaze is there, Martins is there, after all Osaze has apologise for his mistakes, see, sentiment should not be in selection of a team if we really want to make an impact, if you really study our games, you will realized that we always struggle to score a goal, all the goals that Musa missed in our first match couldn't have, had bn we have a good striker.....
as a footballer ... I speak to you , Nija is on right track , those names you call will only but drag out football back..... Looking at that game yesterday... I saw hunger, I saw the mentality, I saw the character , I saw a team spirit ... Come world cup if NFF don't interfere with keshi's work , with moses , emenike and other discoveries.. We will mess the world up... I love the game I saw yesterday,,,, imagine surez and c rodiriguez subed for defenders... Mikel has been one player that has what no other have in africa for nw... He controlled the midfield in an opposition 3-4-3 formation..... I hope we understands the task

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2013
optimus-prime1:

I have seen Osaze perform in the EPL currently, I have seen him on other previous appearance's for Nigeria, his 9goals for the position(Musa's postion) he played was'nt bad at all, he's got the experience and got the sting...
Be very sincere, are you tryn to say Musa, Babatunde, Ideye, Akpala, or Ujah are better than Osaze, like seriously??
Musa is better than him, he already has 5 goals in that position, Ideye did better than Osaze did in France, Musa is doing better than Osaze did when he was in Russia, at least he won the double. Osaze has never won anything in any of the clubs he played for, nothing!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ProfChris10(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
Brazil will suprise spain if they meet
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by yoged(m): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2013
vykte: The rating is cool! Except 4 d fact dat u gave musa a 3. Dat guy deserves a -3. He's such a bad player i wonder how he gets to play every match. Haruna lukman,rabiu ibrahim are better players and Keshi should realise some of this homebased players aint just good enough.
how about sefiu alao and babatosibe obesere. Forget those players you mention. You guys are hyping rabiu ibrahim who cudn't win a regular shirt in 3 different club. He has depreciated, as in o ti yipin... I believe this confederation cup is just a lesson for us that'll make us brave up for the world cup. How did babatunde ended up playing for the super eagles? Very soon we'll see Baba suwe in the super eagles.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
gbosaa: Did you watch the match?...you seem to be rating them out of emotion..

Echiejile did very well,i,ll rate him only third to mikel and omeruo.He should get at least 6..last night was one of his best games for nigeria.

Musa should get 6.5..He was full of pace and really troubled the uruguan defence.had some good crosses as well.

Oduamadi...6...
thx bro,Musa did well,stop this ur rating if u don't know hw to watch ftball. they gave all dey can.Echiejile,Omeruo,Mikel & Musa for me were d best. It is Musa that is breaking opponents defense. I will give him 7/10.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2013
Best comment so far...For those that think super Eagles didnt play to expectation last night;for a good football analyst,S.E played better than the Uruguay side;not minding the big names,but their opponent displayed experience from a man who have 100caps to his record.NICE GAME S.E OF NIGERIA.
Scun: That's why we should do eveything to avoid bringing back those players who gave us the name super chickens. Instead we should drop the remaining one of them, Enyeama!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 12:18pm On Jun 21, 2013
scottpirlo24: as a footballer ... I speak to you , Nija is on right track , those names you call will only but drag out football back..... Looking at that game yesterday... I saw hunger, I saw the mentality, I saw the character , I saw a team spirit ... Come world cup if NFF don't interfere with keshi's work , with moses , emenike and other discoveries.. We will mess the world up... I love the game I saw yesterday,,,, imagine surez and c rodiriguez subed for defenders... Mikel has been one player that has what no other have in africa for nw... He controlled the midfield in an opposition 3-4-3 formation..... I hope we understands the task
Tell them o, I don tire, imagine them clamouring for players that made us a laughing stock i.e. Super chickens.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by kokosheen(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2013
Myself2:

You lie,I can stop it

That said I agree with every other thing you wrote,especially about Efe costing us the first goal,and Efe and Musa being the culprits for the second.

Oya come collect ya prize for a good post

If you can stop that shot, I'll like to own your economic rights!!!

Arsenal, don't spend all that money Higuain, keep small thing like 2 Million for Myself2 too grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by philusaau(f): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: Osaze has 9 goals for Nigeria in 10 years, Mikel has 4 in 6 years. Just saying.

Is mikel a striker Please think wit ur head and not with ur anus
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Realdeals(m): 12:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
[size=14pt]List according to Performance

1. Kenneth Omeruo - That Guy was outstanding in the defence - Remind me of TARIBO WEST
2. Oboabona
3. Mikel Obi
4. Uwa Echijiele
5. and the rest.....[/size]
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 12:25pm On Jun 21, 2013
philusaau:

Is mikel a striker Please think wit ur head and not with ur anus
Just using Mikel's ratio to point out how poor Osaze's own is. Every other person understood it except you, low IQ.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Goke7: 12:26pm On Jun 21, 2013
kokosheen: In my opinion, Efe Ambrose cost Nigeria both goals.

1st Goal: Forlan’s hopeful cross into the box was seen by Cavani, Omeruo was marking Logano but had to rush at Cavani.
At this point Efe wasn't marking anyone and just stood like a statute. If Cavani had tried to control the ball, Omeruo would have blocked him off, but he attempted a back leg flick which didn't connect and the ball rolled on to Logano - Efe was still ball watching.
Logano scuffs his shot, deceiving Enyeama and Uruguay scores (I don’t blame Enyeama).

2nd Goal: Musa comes in deep to pick-up the ball, Elderson created space for himself but Musa didn’t pass to him and was dispossessed of the ball – mistake 1.
Mistake 2 is a violation of the Football rule 101 – If your other full-back is in an over lapping position, you stay by the center-line or in direct view of your center halves so as to have good cover should your team lose possession in midfield (especially if the game is balanced and you’re not seriously hunting for a goal). Efe flaunted this basic defending rule and the most painful thing was that he didn’t even make effort to recover his position but was just watching as Forlan utilised the space he created to score (no goal keeper can stop that shot).

I respected Efe at the nation’s cup but grew sceptical after his performances for Celtic at the UEFA Champions league (I thought it was mainly due to fatigue). His performance last night was woeful, and makes me feel his real age should be closer to late 30’s rather than the 24 years football age.

Efe Ambrose rating: 1.0 (the 1 is for showing up for the match).

I agree totally with you i feel its better we use convert him to a defensive midfielder he looks enterprising when going forward. Surely he caused the goals.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by clemmonce(m): 12:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: Off topic but have you guys noticed the recent trend of FIFA deducting points from African teams in the world cup qualifiers for fielding suspended players? I just hope our Nff does not fall ino this trap, Sudan, Togo, Ethiopia and Eritrea have all fallen. This might result in the best teams not qualifying.
Fifa should try to remind the FA of a suspension or prevent the player from entering the pitch,instead of taking 3 points out. It’s rubbish. Sometimes it can be difficult to remember a player got 2 yellow cards in 2 different matches. FIFA should prevent this from happening instead of deducting 3 points after it has already
happened.
truly off point dont african nations have database? so now u want to blame fifa? u are dreaming
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by jamal230(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
Dear ops
I av 2 say tat am nt in synquanur wt ur rating,echiejile did vry well, our only problm ws ambrose who's ovalappin cuased us a goal nd ogudes tackles but asyd tat d team totally outplayed d uruguains..I rest my case.long live super eagles
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by obinnakenedo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
No Moses! No Emenike! No Party
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by obinnakenedo(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2013
No Moses! No Emenike! No Party
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
I think Mikel Obi deserves a better score. In my opinion, he was the best player in that match.

LoL, I have to encourage Musa's light speed, KAI! That guy can run.

Shollypopz
P.S: Support intelligence and vote the MIT guy - Ekwah as your Mr. Nairaland
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Revolva(m): 12:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
Omo dem don win us dem don win us which one come be player ratings again
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by dazzy4real(m): 12:43pm On Jun 21, 2013
What we need in this SE is a good converter of goals we need a set piece taker,we need somebody that can shoot from a long distance n make it on trget force d goalkeeper to make a save..to me musa is gud but jst can't get d ball in the net.. Clinical finshers is wat we re lacking..n I tink d likes of obafemi martins n osaze wud ve bin able to do this...
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ow11(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ajasnoop:

There is nothing Haruna Lukman will bring to the team that we don't already have. Next thing somebody will ask for Macaulay Chrisantus

He played with Amodu/Lagerback and their slow transition style through the middle. Let us see him play with this team and their quick counter and see if he is better than any of our current second choice midfielders (Ogude, Mba, Ogu and Eze)

Unlike Haruna, Chrisantus doesn't play for a high profile club neither is he prolific for them. Therefore, should not be considered.

Just a peep, Last season, Dude scored 6 goals and played 18 games in the League,5 in Europe. This is for a club that has Miguel Veloso and Niko Krancjar in their midefield. I certainly think that he can bring something to the squad especially as an option on the bench rather than Ogude or Mba
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by gudmind: 12:48pm On Jun 21, 2013
Despite the fact we lost d game .. D guys did very well. Though all their goals were as a result of defensive errors. Really missed Emenike nd Moses too bad .. Thank God for ma darling Mikel.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 12:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
ProfChris10: Brazil will suprise spain if they meet

Brazil and Spain are match, and either winning is no surprise, if the margin is not more than 2.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by BCELLS(m): 12:53pm On Jun 21, 2013
Emmadani: Gud display 4rm d nigerian team..!Even though we dnt qualify 4 d next round,i just want dem to bring on a gud perfomance against espania.They should giv spain a gud run and put an impressive perfomance,den ok.This is more of a preparation 4 d worldcup if we can qualify 4 d world cup.Atleast we wil av dat experience and confidence going into d world cup,and playin spain wil bring more confidence n expereince to d team ahead of d worldcup if we eventually qualify.And spain is a gud 1 4 us,4 experience sake.Go Eaglez GO.
U make sense
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 12:54pm On Jun 21, 2013
yoged: how about sefiu alao and babatosibe obesere. Forget those players you mention. You guys are hyping rabiu ibrahim who cudn't win a regular shirt in 3 different club. He has depreciated, as in o ti yipin... I believe this confederation cup is just a lesson for us that'll make us brave up for the world cup. How did babatunde ended up playing for the super eagles? Very soon we'll see Baba suwe in the super eagles.

cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Unai Emery Confirmed New Arsenal Boss / Adorable Photo Of Super Eagles Star William Ekong, His Partner And Their Son / NFF Officials Attend Burial Of Ahmed Musa's Late Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.