Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,567 members, 7,958,752 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 10:31 PM

Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating (26259 Views)

Egypt Vs Nigeria: Player Rating / Nigeria Vs Uruguay Fifa U17 World Cup (2 - 0) On 2nd November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Confederations Cup: (1 - 2) On 20th June 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by vislabraye(m): 12:57pm On Jun 21, 2013
These players lack experience. At least, Keshi should have called one of the Uche's brothers or Obafemi. There were tOo many green horns in de team. If Osaze is of good behaviour, he should get a call.
We don't have anoda player like Emenike and Victor Moses. Dose 2 can do a lot.
Ahmed Musa was annoying. His major problem is poor decision making. I wonda what he would have been if not for his pace.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Shegetine: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
Nigerians will never learn 4rm past mistakes, despite d failure of Osaze in d past they still want him back in d team as a saviour. Why is it dat after a bit relief 4rm calamities him nd his colleagues cost us in South Africa we still clamour 4 him and bearing his ego problem in mind. Plz Keshi shd get more prolific strickers to replace Ideye, Musa in building up his formidable team around Mikel, others....

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 12:59pm On Jun 21, 2013
dazzy4real: What we need in this SE is a good converter of goals we need a set piece taker,we need somebody that can shoot from a long distance n make it on trget force d goalkeeper to make a save..to me musa is gud but jst can't get d ball in the net.. Clinical finshers is wat we re lacking..n I tink d likes of obafemi martins n osaze wud ve bin able to do this...
The guys you mentioned couldn't do anything for us when they were at their peak, what will they do now?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Lampsy(m): 1:09pm On Jun 21, 2013
All said n done,it shows hw passionate n soccer lovin we r as a nation.IMHO,let jst hop for d best n expect d worse.bt d future is bright for dis team,for wats worth it,dey representd n competed against a world class n establishd team,remember som high profile players r even missin for us n our young team is under construction,so it is no time to castigate or call for overhaulin,rather luk at d positives of team spirit n strong character dey showed...
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by achi4u(m): 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2013
vykte: The rating is cool! Except 4 d fact dat u gave musa a 3. Dat guy deserves a -3. He's such a bad player i wonder how he gets to play every match. Haruna lukman,rabiu ibrahim are better players and Keshi should realise some of this homebased players aint just good enough.
guy

musa is a terror to Uruguay defense...go ask those uruguay defense grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by cyntiathis: 1:14pm On Jun 21, 2013
Despite the fact that Musa came short of what is expected from him, i think he really did well yesterday and deserves alittle more point than what you allocated to him. His pace and runing with the ball in the first half were coursing lot of problem for the Uruguan deffence line. It takes only a confidence player to run with the ball.

Dalu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Goke7: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: The guys you mentioned couldn't do anything for us when they were at their peak, what will they do now?

Thank you very much Sir Ivory Coast is gradually doing away with drogba after repeated failures of not winning a single trophy for country yet some Nigerians want us to go back to history with the likes of martins, osaze n co who earn us the tag name 'super chickens' backward never!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lampsy: All said n done,it shows hw passionate n soccer lovin we r as a nation.IMHO,let jst hop for d best n expect d worse.bt d future is bright for dis team,for wats worth it,dey representd n competed against a world class n establishd team,remember som high profile players r even missin for us n our young team is under construction,so it is no time to castigate or call for overhaulin,rather luk at d positives of team spirit n strong character dey showed...
Yeah, but then, we need to get rid off Musa and Ideye plus one other guy at the right back...if possible. If we can get rid of those three players and have good replacements for them- Musa, Ideye, and the other guy that allowed Forlan to be free and couldn't follow him up...then SE would go far.

I see SE performing better during our next match with Spain, but if and only if Musa, Akpala and Babatunde are stopped from entering the pitch. That Musa of a guy pisses me off....took him 90something minutes to find the net during our duel with Tahiti...imagine the number of chances Musa missed on that match? He should go and join athletics as a marathon runner, maybe he would do better there, but as a football striker Nope!
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Lampsy(m): 1:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
Scun: The guys you mentioned couldn't do anything for us when they were at their peak, what will they do now?
Besides,Keshi wasn't blind at all.He saw clearly hw chances wer wasted.am sure knws we need a cuttin edge in attack.I wudnt subscribe to Osaze even though he ws my best player back then.A winnin team needs togetherness n less ego,hunger n fightin spirit player.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by dahmie2013: 1:23pm On Jun 21, 2013
damhadji:

Beating uruguay was Nigeria's golden chance to be at the next level in the competition. Blowing it means Nigeria has crashed out. Uruguay wasn't exceptional yesterday, nigeria just didn't utilize opportunities. GHANA or IVORY COAST would have won a match like that. With spain's form, NIGERIA can't beat them but God can

@damhadji, there is no other opportunity for us to be in the competition?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jun 21, 2013
achi4u: guy

musa is a terror to Uruguay defense...go ask those uruguay defense grin
what do u expect before? During war, a good military defence fear even a kid with rubber gun cos u never can tell.

Musa only appeared like a threat to the Uruguay side becos he was just running around pitch like it was a marathon competition. He lacks ball control, lack scoring skill, his dribbling always end up faulty, but he is energetic and have appreciable pace...but no striking skill.

If you guys keep praising and pampering Musa like this, mark my word today- he may end up becoming Super Eagles next Aiyegbeni
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Lampsy(m): 1:32pm On Jun 21, 2013
DailyNews: Yeah, but then, we need to get rid off Musa and Ideye plus one other guy at the right back...if possible. If we can get rid of those three players and have good replacements for them- Musa, Ideye, and the other guy that allowed Forlan to be free and couldn't follow him up...then SE would go far.

I see SE performing better during our next match with Spain, but if and only if Musa, Akpala and Babatunde are stopped from entering the pitch. That Musa of a guy pisses me off....took him 90something minutes to find the net during our duel with Tahiti...imagine the number of chances Musa missed on that match? He should go and join athletics as a marathon runner, maybe he would do better there, but as a football striker Nope!
Firstly,Musa hasn't scored in dis tournament,it was echiejile dat scored dat goal after a rebound frm musa's shot.personally,I dnt expect too much frm musa n nt disappointed wit his performance,jst dat we play a modern game wher our full backs attack well,bt wen we lose d ball,we r flat footed.dis happened in AFCON against burkina faso in d group stage as well as uruguay's second goal.he gets d blame cause he alwz strives to mak somfin happen,I'll rather he wrks on losin ball n nt expose us to counter,else,his pace is terrifyin n only opponents cud testify to dis fact.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ninilowo(m): 1:33pm On Jun 21, 2013
I cant believe it that Enyeama could be crucified in a short while depite his heroics at AFCON n 2010 wold cup. Buh if I may ask, who will replace him?
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by lacosteIII(m): 1:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
THE MAIN REASON WHY NIGERIA DID NOT PLAY THEIR BEST IS BECOS THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL...THEY DON'T PAY THEM AS EXPECTED...SO, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PLAY WITH ALL THEIR ABILITIES?...HOW DO YOU WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY...STUPID LEADERS OF NIGERIA
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jun 21, 2013
Lampsy:
Firstly,Musa hasn't scored in dis tournament,it was echiejile dat scored dat goal after a rebound frm musa's shot.personally,I dnt expect too much frm musa n nt disappointed wit his performance,jst dat we play a modern game wher our full backs attack well,bt wen we lose d ball,we r flat footed.dis happened in AFCON against burkina faso in d group stage as well as uruguay's second goal.he gets d blame cause he alwz strives to mak somfin happen,I'll rather he wrks on losin ball n nt expose us to counter,else,his pace is terrifyin n only opponents cud testify to dis fact.
so many reasons made me to disapprove Musa. One, he hardly give pass to his fellow; he thinks he can score alone when he is not an exceptional player like Lionel Messi, C. Ronaldo, Arjen Robben, etc, so how? He will be watching his mate standing free but will never pass the ball to him to score, but would rather waste it and endanger our backside. Fast pace isn't just the only skill a player (striker) needs.

To those blaming Enyeama, I see no reason to blame him shaa...he was a victim of bad defence. He is still our best for now, and Africa's number one goalkeeper so far. I like him.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by ini4brandon(m): 1:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
Promhize:

This post is funny. We will beat spain either way. Our team is world class apart for the strikers, hit like if u agree
LIKE...(cos ur funny)
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
DailyNews: so many reasons made me to disapprove Musa. One, he hardly give pass to his fellow; he thinks he can score alone when he is not an exceptional player like Lionel Messi, C. Ronaldo, Arjen Robben, etc, so how? He will be watching his mate standing free but will never pass the ball to him to score, but would rather waste it and endanger our backside. Fast pace isn't just the only skill a player (striker) needs.

To those blaming Enyeama, I see no reason to blame him shaa...he was a victim of bad defence. He is still our best for now, and Africa's number one goalkeeper so far. I like him.

In fairness to him, he gives assists or attempts giving, only that the balls are usually intercepted most times before reaching the target player.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Jarus(m): 1:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
lacosteIII: THE MAIN REASON WHY NIGERIA DID NOT PLAY THEIR BEST IS BECOS THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL...THEY DON'T PAY THEM AS EXPECTED...SO, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PLAY WITH ALL THEIR ABILITIES?...HOW DO YOU WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY...STUPID LEADERS OF NIGERIA

Mumu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 1:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
lacosteIII: THE MAIN REASON WHY NIGERIA DID NOT PLAY THEIR BEST IS BECOS THE GOVERNMENT IS NOT HELPING MATTERS AT ALL...THEY DON'T PAY THEM AS EXPECTED...SO, HOW DO YOU EXPECT THEM TO PLAY WITH ALL THEIR ABILITIES?...HOW DO YOU WANT THEM TO BE HAPPY...STUPID LEADERS OF NIGERIA
Jonathan's government is quite different, give him some credit. Super Eagles players have a direct access/contact with President Goodluck Jonathan, in fact, he communicates with them directly instead of relying on NFF officials, which is good. No other president has done that as far as I can remember anyway.

My concern is in the area of government and private organizations coming in to sponsor, promote and beautify our local league so that we can have lucrative local clubs that will encourage youths to take up football as a career here in Nigeria, which would help in discovering so many wasting football talents in Nigeria.

And if this can be done, believe me, we will sure have the best national football team in future.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
Brimmie:

Collins, ori e ti daru!! grin grin
Ori eyin mejeji ti daru
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Goke7: 1:55pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ninilowo: I cant believe it that Enyeama could be crucified in a short while depite his heroics at AFCON n 2010 wold cup. Buh if I may ask, who will replace him?

before AFCON enyeama has been found wanting on some occasions conceding cheap goals against malawi and liberia away, he only made up with his heroics at AFCON. Ejide was almost being considered ahead of him but for the injury he suffered against cape verde in a friendly. He has also gone ahead to concede goals against kenya, Namibia and Tahiti, there's no problem if we can try someone else, remember he's ageing too!

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Ajasnoop: 2:19pm On Jun 21, 2013
jamal230: Dear ops
I av 2 say tat am nt in synquanur wt ur rating,echiejile did vry well, our only problm ws ambrose who's ovalappin cuased us a goal nd ogudes tackles but asyd tat d team totally outplayed d uruguains..I rest my case.long live super eagles

Shepe typing
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by sCun: 2:21pm On Jun 21, 2013
Michael

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by imperiouxx(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2013
Jarus:

10, Ideye: He continues to disappoint those of us that have confidence in his ability, and prove critics right. For someone that scored 17 league goals in Ukraine this season, it was a bad outing. A golden chance he saw in the second half was also lost when he was not able to guide the ball well for the crucial turning. 3/10

Did you just say you or how many people have confidence in his ability? If I hear that again, I go slap your face 10X ! It's been long that this guy has been a pure useless id!ot.

Who asked the fool to cut stup!d hair cut that Balotelli was asked to stop to play for Italy in this tourney.

I gave him -3/10. So he is owing me lots of high performance in any next match(es).
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by obayaya(m): 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2013
it's obvious this op knows nothing about the game.. best Nigerian player on that field was omeruo.. which Mikel? Mikel that doesn't understand when to push a counter attack or when to start turning round and round like a peacock.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by wckabuoh(m): 2:38pm On Jun 21, 2013
In my own opinion, i believe the boys had a good game but for a striker like Ideye, he was a big disappointment. People get the opportunity of proving their worth buy they just misuse it. Oh how we miss Emenike.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by imperiouxx(m): 2:42pm On Jun 21, 2013
wckabuoh: In my own opinion, i believe the boys had a good game but for a striker like Ideye, he was a big disappointment. People get the opportunity of proving their worth buy they just misuse it. Oh how we miss Emenike.

Nigeria always loses her best attackers or wingers but left with riff-raff like Ideye and Musa angry fucck those two guys mentioned angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by pazienza(m): 2:46pm On Jun 21, 2013
DailyNews: I beg to disagree sir. Musa was nothing but his name, Musa! That guy needs to go back to Eyimba for proper football grooming. He is only good at running around with ball, but can't make any meaningful contribution with it. He lacks scoring skill. He shots are never on target. His dribbles always end up faulty cos the opponent must get the ball back, so what for?

He needs to be benched for some time so that he can sit afar and watch others play and then observe his mistakes.

Musa should be rated 2/10. Mikel 6/10, Ideye 4/10, Akpala 2/10, Babatunde 3/10, Oduamadi 3.5/10, Enyeama 4/10, who again Others are just there to me...our performance wasn't good to me...why must we be threatened always and not the one to threaten? Why must we be prey and not predators?

Since we can't be at the forefront of technological innovations and economy, then we should be the leader in sports, tourism and recreation at least. I am still not happy....we need a serious upgrade in our football, and all these private/corporate bodies spending unnecessary money on musical artistes and actors to be their brand ambassadors should better wake up and venture into Nigerian soccer sponsorship so we can have lucrative local football clubs to be discovering young and hidden football talents.

Government need to do sth abt this....companies- telecoms, oil/gas and all those multinational coys shud be mandated to start sponsoring our local leagues and then the promotion should be improved to entice Nigerians. Commentators should be changed, the manner of broadcast too shud be changed to make it more appealing. If we can do it in musical/movie industry, we can do better in sports which will definitely boost our economy and everything.

My sentiment exactly. Football is the only unifying factor in this country,it is of national interest that we invest heavily in it.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by brown3: 2:50pm On Jun 21, 2013
Ayodele show: All the team needs is to get prolific strikers. The defense and midfield for me are worldclass. I agree with the ratings except that Echiejile deserves a 6. He's learning fast and able to distabilize world bests. Suarez was barely seen for 90mins. Mikel was masterclass. Uruguay had more midfielders but Mikel commanded that Midfield truout the game. Those saying Musa is good definitely are not kept abreast with the new trends in world football. That's why man united will never sign usain Bolt no matter how much he pleads. Great speed is useless is you lack finishing. Musa has a bright future if he can work on and perfect his finishing. Ideye's only problem is alertness, sharpness and quick movements. if he can work on that, he'd be worldclass. if he was alert to a lot of Mikel's defence splitting passes, he'd have scored a bundle yesterday. i'm so sure if he was the one who got the ball the way Mikel got and scored it, we would not have had a goal. Mikel was alert, sharp and you saw the results BAM!! into the top corner. If Nigeria can get a Neymar for example, we'd bury any team trust me
true talk. Ideye is not that bad, the only problem he has is that, he doesn't know how to position himself. He always chunk himself in mist of opponent deffenders, he should learn how to position himself, and he should also learn how to be on the move rather than been startic at oponent box. It easier to mark a static striker than a striker on the move.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by pazienza(m): 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2013
kokosheen: In my opinion, Efe Ambrose cost Nigeria both goals.

1st Goal: Forlan’s hopeful cross into the box was seen by Cavani, Omeruo was marking Logano but had to rush at Cavani.
At this point Efe wasn't marking anyone and just stood like a statute. If Cavani had tried to control the ball, Omeruo would have blocked him off, but he attempted a back leg flick which didn't connect and the ball rolled on to Logano - Efe was still ball watching.
Logano scuffs his shot, deceiving Enyeama and Uruguay scores (I don’t blame Enyeama).

2nd Goal: Musa comes in deep to pick-up the ball, Elderson created space for himself but Musa didn’t pass to him and was dispossessed of the ball – mistake 1.
Mistake 2 is a violation of the Football rule 101 – If your other full-back is in an over lapping position, you stay by the center-line or in direct view of your center halves so as to have good cover should your team lose possession in midfield (especially if the game is balanced and you’re not seriously hunting for a goal). Efe flaunted this basic defending rule and the most painful thing was that he didn’t even make effort to recover his position but was just watching as Forlan utilised the space he created to score (no goal keeper can stop that shot).

I respected Efe at the nation’s cup but grew sceptical after his performances for Celtic at the UEFA Champions league (I thought it was mainly due to fatigue). His performance last night was woeful, and makes me feel his real age should be closer to late 30’s rather than the 24 years football age.

Efe Ambrose rating: 1.0 (the 1 is for showing up for the match).

Wow! U just hacked my thought, ole! Onyeosh! Kpalawo! U are so on point,you are a good football watcher/analyst,hope keshi took note of this great observation. Thank u bro for echoeing my thoughts,especially on efe ambrose.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by Orikinla(m): 3:00pm On Jun 21, 2013
A team without top strikers is like an apology to soccer.
Re: Nigeria Vs Uruguay - Player Rating by laani: 3:06pm On Jun 21, 2013
Mhuyil here @ Jarus.

On the Rating,

Enyeama has passed it, he should not get above 2/10. He lacked concentration.
Ambrose- Very lazy guy. He was behind Forlan when the move started only to disappear when Cavani released the pass. 2/10 in my opinion.

Overall, we made poor Uruguay looked good.
cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Brilliant Brentford Stuns Arsenal In Front Of Jubilant Home Fans / Andy Ruiz Jr Agrees To Fight Anthony Joshua In Saudi Arabia Rematch / Tobi Amusan charged for missing 3 doping tests

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.