Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:10 PM

What Other Means Do We Use? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Other Means Do We Use? (21598 Views)

Can We Use Omo Detergent To Bath New Born Babies? / Occult Married Neighbour Wants To Date Me By All Means Pls Advice. / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 6:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
spoilt: Those who so hotly advocate this abstinence should bring it closer to home for it to make meaning. Quoting the word is fine but did you live it? All the way? How did it work out for you? Some have admitted they ate the fruit and decided to embark on secondary celibacy. Others made it to the marriage bed intact and confessed it wasn't easy. To those who are quoting the Bible and pointing to spiritual paths are you voicing what you know to be right but didn't keep to yourself? Has it been easy? Has your partner been supportive? Are you in agreement? Are you a hypocrite? No comment? Lol. Some people have their spouses and people that know their nairaland Id here. Honesty is not in their best interest. Online forums provide anonymity and real life should be tendered with Bible quotes.

WORD!!

Girl, you've soooo hit those nails right on their heads!

Hi 5 to you jare cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by donchris999: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
Why are you generalising? That you indulge in an act does not make everyone indulge in the same. Anyway i have always known your stance in issues like this. Even if a topic on extra-marital affairs come up here, i know already what your position would be. You no dey change? I am not the best ooo, but since i know this monicker i have been wondering who is behind it. Look how your quoting and running from one post to another on this thread to justify your acts. Abeg no be by force, just posit your stance on the issue and park well. SMH!
Efemena_xy:

It's called hypocrisy - of the highest order attainable.

Most of the folks here against pre-maritial sex most certainly did not / do not practise what they preach. If abstinence is such a virtue, then why oh why did they give into the 'sinful, depraved' flesh??

2 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 6:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
donchris999: Why are you generalising? That you indulge in an act does not make everyone indulge in the same. Anyway i have always known your stance in issues like this. Even if a topic on extra-marital affairs come up here, i know already what your position would be. You no dey change? I am not the best ooo, but since i know this monicker i have been wondering who is behind it. Look how your quoting and running from one post to another on this thread to justify your acts. Abeg no be by force, just posit your stance on the issue and park well. SMH!

I told you once, a long time ago to put a sock in it!

Are you some sort of pervert? Stop tailing me. You know nothing about me, never have and never will. I owe you no explanations for my views and I will post whatever and whenever I like, so deal with it.

Re: The bolded, why not just admit it outright that you are one of the hypocritical pretenders? Now get off my case, will you?
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
LMAO, so saying premarital sex is bad equates to hypocrisy. All in a bid to justify some actions cheesy grin

When God asks you some questions please remind him that some others are hypocrites. Truth is, we all will answer to him some day by ourselves. No one will answer for us, not even a neighbors lifestyle will be tabled before him to bail people out of whatever wrong they did.

Honestly though, the way some of you's are going on about this, ki lo de? Na guilt abi what? Make your point and relax. No be fight.

5 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
Truth be told, the word of God made its stand on premarital sex clear. They are no grey areas; no buts. I wouldn't though. I would test drive. Before now i would have been leaning towards keeping myself until marriage but with the recent horrors I've been reading about marriage and also seeing.. Erm.. I would rather not risk it. Its bad enough that i have to go into marriage knowing it'll most likely get unbearable at some point and hoping our love, trust and understanding will see us through but going in only to find out he cant do? or maintain an e.rection? Haba. That's too much.

Sex is an integral part of marriage and i can imagine it creates a bond between partners. What happens when after doing it the biblical way, i find out that he cant get it up or that he just can't do? Will the bible keep me warm at night? Or will my tears and prayers to God ease the insane h.orniness i've been blessed/cursed with (depending on how you look at t) when i'm ovulating?

I don't think so. That being said, all sin is equal. I wouldn't want to risk it really. That's my point of view.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by bellong: 6:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
spoilt: Those who so hotly advocate this abstinence should bring it closer to home for it to make meaning. Quoting the word is fine but did you live it? All the way? How did it work out for you? Some have admitted they ate the fruit and decided to embark on secondary celibacy. Others made it to the marriage bed intact and confessed it wasn't easy. To those who are quoting the Bible and pointing to spiritual paths are you voicing what you know to be right but didn't keep to yourself? Has it been easy? Has your partner been supportive? Are you in agreement? Are you a hypocrite? No comment? Lol. Some people have their spouses and people that know their nairaland Id here. Honesty is not in their best interest. Online forums provide anonymity and real life should be tendered with Bible quotes.

There's no hypocrisy anywhere. Anybody that knows me on seeing my moniker will know who I am. Its not a case of hiding under faceless forum.

Like I said before, I didn't test drive before entering because I knew what I was getting. The maker revealed everything I asked. There's no hard and fast rule to it. We can either decide to obey God or not, its individual choice. I never condemned those who did it the way they thought best for them. Just stated my opinion.

If after testing and the guy is certified okay in sex-ual issue, how do you test drive issues of the future and unknown events?

2 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 6:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry: LMAO, so saying premarital sex is bad equates to hypocrisy. All in a bid to justify some actions cheesy grin

Honestly though, the way some of you's are going on about this, ki lo de? Na guilt abi what? Make your point and relax. No be fight.

No. What we're saying is this:

If a person holds fast the belief that pre-maritial sex is bad, but yet they indulged in it, enjoyed themselves well-well...now how do you say it? Chop-mouth-clean-waka-commotthose same people are not in a position to lord it over the rest of us 'sinners' weilding the bible in our faces!

Where was the bible when they were busy test driving? If you're going to walk the walk, then by all means do so, but don't do A then turn around and tell us A is bad having had your fill!
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 6:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
ms.anon:
Truth be told, the word of God made its stand on premarital sex clear. They are no grey areas; no buts. I wouldn't though. I would test drive. Before now i would have been leaning towards keeping myself until marriage but with the recent horrors I've been reading about marriage and also seeing.. Erm.. I would rather not risk it. Its bad enough that i have to go into marriage knowing it'll most likely get unbearable at some point and hoping our love, trust and understanding will see us through but going in only to find out he cant do? or maintain an e.rection? Haba. That's too much.

Sex is an integral part of marriage and i can imagine it creates a bond between partners. What happens when after doing it the biblical way, i find out that he cant get it up or that he just can't do? Will the bible keep me warm at night? Or will my tears and prayers to God ease the insane h.orniness i've been blessed/cursed with (depending on how you look at t) when i'm ovulating?

I don't think so. That being said, all sin is equal. I wouldn't want to risk it really. That's my point of view.

Now here's an example of a well grounded, realistic lady living in the real world!
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by spoilt(f): 6:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
bellong:

There's no hypocrisy anywhere. Anybody that knows me on seeing my moniker will know who I am. Its not a case of hiding under faceless forum.

Like I said before, I didn't test drive before entering because I knew what I was getting. The maker revealed everything I asked. There's no hard and fast rule to it. We can either decide to obey God or not, its individual choice. I never condemned those who did it the way they thought best for them. Just stated my opinion.

If after testing and the guy is certified okay in sex-ual issue, how do you test drive issues of the future and unknown events?

Thanks for sharing.

The funny thing is that most of those who had premarital. Sse.Xx weren't trying to grade anything. They were just having fun!
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by donchris999: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sharrap there! Do i know you? You are a disgrace to womanhood especially married women and you know that. I will stop at that for the thread to flow. Perverrt of the highest order!
Efemena_xy:

Are you some sort of pervert? Stop tailing me. You know nothing about me, never have and never will. I owe you no explanations for my views and I will post whatever and whenever I like, so deal with it.

Re: The bolded, why not just admit it outright that you are one of the hypocritical pretenders? Now get off my case, will you?

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Ishilove: 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
Admonition: @OP,
The christian race is a walk of faith. We walk by faith and not by sight. All what Christian marriage entails- prayer, compatibility, true love,partner selection and others must be carried out in faith. I have never heard of someone that walked by faith and yet was ashamed. Faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. I think the poster is trying to import carnal ideas and equate them to the things of faith. You do not need to sample anything through sin. Your heavenly fathers knows what you really desire, what you want and what fit you most. If you are really a child of God, He will give you what is best for you. Stop teaching christian singles things that will corrupt their mind. God is a perfect match maker. This is why many churches today tends to be carnal and teach carnal ideology.Imagine if the OP is a woman leader in the Church. Is this what She will teach intending couples to do? There are couples who waited on God with true faith and got more than they ever wanted. Commit thy ways unto God and He will give the the desires of thy heart
QED
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by donchris999: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
donchris999: Sharrap there! Do i know you? You are a disgrace to womanhood especially married women and you know that. I will stop at that for the thread to flow. Perverrt of the highest order!

Be my guest and go fcck your brains out you Oloshious fellow.

Pervert you were, pervert you are and pervert you always will be. I sincerely hope you get sodomized an.a.lly several times over by a dozen boko harmists!

Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by spoilt(f): 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Pervert you were, pervert you are and pervert you always will be. I sincerely hope you get sodomized an.a.lly several times over by a dozen boko harmists!

Mtcheew!
donchris999: Sharrap there! Do i know you? You are a disgrace to womanhood especially married women and you know that. I will stop at that for the thread to flow. Perverrt of the highest order!

No you guys.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by donchris999: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
Id.ota! If you tested then why do you still look for small boys to fu.ccck? Abi you still dey test ni? Anuofia! Pervert of the highest order! You go test till eternity? Every time testing, testing and testing. Very soon you will start testing children. Anuofia!
Efemena_xy:

Mtcheew!

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

No. What we're saying is this:

If a person holds fast the belief that pre-maritial sex is bad, but yet they indulged in it, enjoyed themselves well-well...now how do you say it? Chop-mouth-clean-waka-commotthose same people are not in a position to lord it over the rest of us 'sinners' weilding the bible in our faces!

Where was the bible when they were busy test driving? If you're going to walk the walk, then by all means do so, but don't do A then turn around and tell us A is bad having had your fill!

Maybe I missed where people were being judgmental, please point it out to me. I used to have this friend in high school who started having sex at the age of 14. You know what she used to tell me back then?she used to say she knew it was bad, after the deed had been done she used to feel guilty, she said she knew it was wrong but just could not help herself. She also told us (cos we were like in a group) that in church on sundays and wednesdays prayer meeting she would feel so guilty cos she knew she had done soemthing she shouldn't have done.

No one here is calling those who have done it or not done it names, but the way you are going on about it, it's like you are justifying your action or trying to prove things to people when really there is no need for it. Some people have said it that even though they did it, they knew it's against whats written in the bible.

It does not hurt to say........Hey I did it cos I wanted to be sure but people I know it is not right.....No one is being hypocritical here but you just keep calling them names. Like honestly, I can feel the anger in your post and lawd hammercy on your keyboard.

Like I said , it would not kill any christian to say........Hey, I did it before marriage even though I knew it was wrong, I did it.....Don't justify actions that are completely against God and his words if your are christian. If you aren't fine, but if you are one please don't.

I read @admonition and @bellong's post and nowhere were they being insultive. The said things the way their religion has taught them. It does not mean they are sinless......they are no saints themselves and they are not claiming tthe title.

7 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 7:19pm On Jun 25, 2013
donchris999: Id.ota! If you tested then why do you still look for small boys to fu.ccck? Abi you still dey test ni? Anuofia! Pervert of the highest order! You go test till eternity? Every time testing, testing and testing. Very soon you will start testing children. Anuofia!

Oh yeah?

What small boys? You? You got any proof of your claims you deranged bas.ta.r.d??

I said it before and I'll say it again - I advocate pre-marital sex between couples intending to tie the knot!. I believe in testing the goods. Awww...that hurts you doesn't it?

Come tell us what your 'real' gripe is. Your girlfriend abi boyfriend dumped you because your shrivelled JT nor fit work? All talk and no action? I know seeing the name Efe gives you mental hard ons. Bloody ass wipe.

A great injustice was done in this world the day you were belched out from the womb. Anofia - e no go ever better for you. Bloody a$$ wipe. And a frustrated, jobless, koboless one too. Maybe, just maybe, maga go pay out for your. Bast.a.rd!

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jun 25, 2013
OMGosh!!

Bros , Donchris Abeg sheath your words... Please... Efe e don do oh ....okay shows over.

Ile , I'm still looking forward to your post on this. wink
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by slimyem: 7:21pm On Jun 25, 2013
Ha!!
I came late to the party. Pre-marital sex huh??
God,please bless me with the kind of faith and trust Bellong had in you and your choice for him before walking the walk without test driving.
lipsrsealed
This I ask through Christ our Lord.cool

donchris999,please don't make a mess of this beautiful thread.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
slimyem: Ha!!
God,please bless me with the kind of faith and trust Bellong had in you and your choice for him before walking the walk without test driving.
lipsrsealed
This I ask through Christ out Lord.cool

Sweetie, come sit beside me...I be like say PART II is about to start.
I dey tell you, plenty plenty grace is needed. cool cool cool
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12: OMGosh!!

Bros , Donchris Abeg sheath your words... Please... Efe e don do oh ....okay shows over.

Ile , I'm still looking forward to your post on this. wink

On the contrary, babes, the show is just beginning. Your so called brother nor fit mind im own bl00dy business.

Replace the bolded bit with Satanist cult member!
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by slimyem: 7:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

Victoria ascerta,thank you for offering.smiley

Singing *your grace, your grace..I'm nothing without you. Forgive me Lord when I'm weak and lost*
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
jennykadry:

Maybe I missed where people were being judgmental, please point it out to me. I used to have this friend in high school who started having sex at the age of 14. You know what she used to tell me back then?she used to say she knew it was bad, after the deed had been done she used to feel guilty, she said she knew it was wrong but just could not help herself. She also told us (cos we were like in a group) that in church on sundays and wednesdays prayer meeting she would feel so guilty cos she knew she had done soemthing she shouldn't have done.

No one here is calling those who have done it or not done it names, but the way you are going on about it, it's like you are justifying your action or trying to prove things to people when really there is no need for it. Some people have said it that even though they did it, they knew it's against whats written in the bible.

It does not hurt to say........Hey I did it cos I wanted to be sure but people I know it is not right.....No one is being hypocritical here but you just keep calling them names. Like honestly, I can feel the anger in your post and lawd hammercy on your keyboard.

Like I said , it would not kill any christian to say........Hey, I did it before marriage even though I knew it was wrong, I did it.....Don't justify actions that are completely against God and his words if your are christian. If you aren't fine, but if you are one please don't.

I read @admonition and @bellong's post and nowhere were they being insultive. The said things the way their religion has taught them. It does not mean they are sinless......they are no saints themselves and they are not claiming tthe title.

Lol! My keyboard ke? On the contrary, Jenny - I'm as cool as cucumber here.

This is an online forum and people should feel free to state their views without fear of persecution. I am a very amicable person up to a certain point. But when holier-than-thous choose to make it personal and attack, then I have no problem reciprocating and going for the jugglar vein!

I'm not talking about pre-marital sex for just anyone. Heck, I've even highlighted it in my post that as long as it's between a couple intending to tie the knot, then I see nothing wrong with it and have given a host of reasons for it.

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
Efemena_xy:

On the contrary, babes, the show is just beginning. Your so called brother nor fit mind im own bl00dy business.

Replace the bolded bit with Satanist cult member!

I've said my own , e don do una oh... Abeg oh...it's nice to have you back and you wanna start wwe already? grin
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by coogar: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
donchris999: Id.ota! If you tested then why do you still look for small boys to fu.ccck? Abi you still dey test ni? Anuofia! Pervert of the highest order! You go test till eternity? Every time testing, testing and testing. Very soon you will start testing children. Anuofia!

will you get your idiotic self out of here?
this place has been peaceful before you brought your diseased self here. this is not the romance section, so take yourself back to wherever orifice you came out from and let us breathe!

jennykadry:

i still don't believe you, jenny!
why didn't you use this message before you got married. you remind me of my parents - don't do this, don't do that. they expect me to live the life of a 50 year-old in my teenage years. life does not work that way. let teens be teens and adults adults. when i have my kids, i would be saying exactly what you are saying now.......but for now, i am on a slaughtering spree! grin
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 7:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
jidegirl12:

I've said my own , e don do una oh... Abeg oh...it's nice to have you back and you wanna start wwe already? grin

Like I said, I'm fine babes.

Just holding fast my ground here, even if others think it's controversial. My opinion, my views.

Live and let live.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by spoilt(f): 7:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Much ado about se.x or the lack of it thereof. Both sides to this debate are quite passionate I see.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by bellong: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
slimyem: Ha!!
lipsrsealed
This I ask through Christ our Lord.cool

The grace of God is available unto all, its left for us all to tap into it. I have made mistakes in life out of ignorance and rebellion as well as not completely trusting God. I understood better later.

God is readily available to reveal unto us whatever things that are in darkness and hidden unto us.

Not to derail the thread, I want to share a short experience of my profession. I was once engaged to a lady who by our physical and open eye assessment was more innocent than virgin Mary. Everybody in church at the time can defend her innocence piety. Although I never prayed about it, I just felt she was good enough as a chaste and respectful Christian sister. Along the line in the relationship, God told me to break the union and I will understand why afterwards. It took me time to obey but I eventually did. Not long afterwards, she confessed to being possessed and she had destroyed destinies of a lot of people in school via sex. She told me she tried adding me to her ranks but she couldn't tell how I escaped. I remember a day that I didn't know the force that came upon me, I nearly went down on her but by His grace I took cover. She told me that she had completed her spiritual assignment to bring me down that day but she didn't understand how I escaped it.

In essence, there's nothing God can't reveal to us only if we are sincere and truthful with Him. He is our Creator, He knows and understands our needs including sex-ual desires. He designed it in the first place. If I had test driven the said lady, I wouldn't know where I will be today.

That doesn't mean am perfect or a walking Jesus but I will always admit my mistakes and weakness rather than conjuring reasons to defend them.

It is well with you.

5 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by coogar: 7:54pm On Jun 25, 2013
spoilt: Much ado about se.x or the lack of it thereof. Both sides to this debate are quite passionate I see.

what's your own view, madam spoilt?
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Idowuogbo(f): 7:56pm On Jun 25, 2013
Lmaooo! Na wa o! lipsrsealed
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by greatgod2012(f): 7:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
@efe and donchris, its ok please, i think this thread should be a mirror of our past or proposed mistakes of life, not a thread to point accusing fingers, pls, biko, e joo, yankuri,let peace reign pls.
@all, i just want us to remember that we are all sinners saved by grace, for those of us that doubted God and did it, we knew it was a sin, we've asked for forgiveness and we believed that we've been forgiven, and for those who did not do it before wedding, im sure they must have commited other sins, though may not be related to pre-marital sex, but sin is sin and im sure they had also sought for forgiveness, which i believe they have been forgiven, hence, no saint anywhere, and no pointing of fingers to anyone, we are all sinners saved by grace and more grace we shall get to continue doing His will IJN.
Thanks.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Idowuogbo(f): 8:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
alutacontinua:

U get popcorn? grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Unemployment In Nigeria: How Has It Affected Your Family? / 'If You Love Your Mother More Than Your Wife, You Made Your Wife Side Chick' / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 106
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.