Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,674 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

What Other Means Do We Use? - Family (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Other Means Do We Use? (21580 Views)

Can We Use Omo Detergent To Bath New Born Babies? / Occult Married Neighbour Wants To Date Me By All Means Pls Advice. / Must We Use The Services Of Househelps And Daycare? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by tbaba1234: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Ah! But who's to say? You can't rule out that possibility. And even if that were the case, he still wouldn't have told her.

As per the fertility tests, yes, I agreed on that point. But having said that, she's also mentioned that she basically had to force this man to go for those tests and at one point, he asked her what the fuss was all about...

^ If she did so before marriage and hinged the marriage on it. We wouldn't be here.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 9:02pm On Jul 04, 2013
vanitty:

Which woman?
I read the first post and my response was based on it, i really didn't go through the thread. Babyosisi response to my post was quite generic about impotent man and lady and i deciphered what I thought from it hence my whole essay about God's will, your cross to bear, i believe i also try to inform that God way is not our way etc.

This is becoming a chore jare Efe. Seems I am going on a merry-go-round . The rest of your post about "my Bible" is not even debatable i am afraid, I can't be swayed. If you want the bible perspective, then you will get it. I can't change the Bible so it will be the same response all the time I am afraid. If it ain't in the bible I won't dare advice a Christian to do it. I can't afford to collect that kinda sin!

However, your last paragraph interest me. If you have a personal relationship with God, then you will know it is God that is speaking to you, also there are signs, read your bible and does that man actions align with God's words? I also believe my first post said "peace" that is very important, do you have peace in your heart regarding him etc. if you are not "strong" enough and your faith won't hold, you have elders that can pray with you. That is why it is important to attend a bible-believing church and attend a church that you are serviced every time you attend.

How can you ask "Which woman"?? shocked shocked

Look at the story I pasted at the top of page 19, vanitty!

You're going on a pink merry-go-round because you just don't get it. Read that story then come back and tell me what your advice to this woman should be.

As per your last paragraph, face it. Everything you say there is subjective and open to different forms of interpretation.

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 9:07pm On Jul 04, 2013
tbaba1234:

^ If she did so before marriage and hinged the marriage on it. We wouldn't be here.

Ah! But as a Christian, she was trusting and winged everything on blind faith, which in the end worked against her. That's why she's here.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by biolabee(m): 9:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
If i may ask are you saying a marriage where the person heard from God cannot experience child bearing challenges

Or that if a marriage is built on deception, it cannot be God;s will

think carefully before you answer

vanitty:

Ahh I see.

Deception? I am not talking about deception here.

My words are solely based on the fact that If you call yourself a Christian and you say you heard from God!

Surely if a man deceived you, he really can't be the one God want for you can he?!

Kudos that you still have an amazing sex life but that is simply because that is not all there is for you and hubby.

If you base your decision on who to marry solely on how the person can make you see 100 stars and send you to the moon and back after "testing", with time the sex may still be amazing but you will be searching for more . . anyway that is just going off the tangent

My POV is a Christian lady should hear from God about who to marry, if she truly heard from God, then it is finished. No testing needed. However, the lady could fall into sin but that is another thing entirely at least she won't come up with oh I am just "testing"

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by vanitty: 9:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
biolabee: If i may ask are you saying a marriage where the person heard from God cannot experience child bearing challenges

Or that if a marriage is built on deception, it cannot be God;s will

think carefully before you answer

Of course a Christian woman that married her "true" partner will face challenges - child bearing could be one of them.

My post says no different. However God will not give you what you can't handle so if God gave you an impotent man, He knows you are more than capable and your soul aligns with his. Everyone has some cross to carry, that could be yours

Just bear this in mind, a man God gives you will never have to deceive you to marry him. He won't "trick "you and I believe that ties in with your second question. I certainly don't think so, you can't mix light and darkness together, deception is of the devil. A marriage based on deception cannot be from God.

3 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 10:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
vanitty:

Of course a Christian woman that married her "true" partner will face challenges - child bearing could be one of them.

My post says no different. However God will not give you what you can't handle so if God gave you an impotent man, He knows you are more than capable and your soul aligns with his. Everyone has some cross to carry, that could be yours

Just bear this in mind, a man God gives you will never have to deceive you to marry him. He won't "trick "you and I believe that ties in with your second question. I certainly don't think so, you can't mix light and darkness together, deception is of the devil. A marriage based on deception cannot be from God.

So her marriage was ordained by the devil?

A good Christian sister who followed the teachings of your bible religiously, was a virging who kept her chastity till her wedding night?

And I suppose this is your solution? To tell her that the 'voice' she heard wasn't God's but that of the devil??

Unbelievable! smh...

1 Like

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 04, 2013
dayokanu:

The only confirmed way is the real confirmation. Missing of P!!

I have heard several childless couples that the doctor told them nothing was wrong with both.

We tried monitoring safe period, FOUL, We tried Morning after foul, We tried withdrawal foul, everything na OFFSIDE, Until IUD

Bia o
Is dayokanu a married man
Wonders
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by vanitty: 10:48pm On Jul 04, 2013
Efemena_xy:

So her marriage was ordained by the devil?

A good Christian sister who followed the teachings of your bible religiously, was a virging who kept her chastity till her wedding night?

And I suppose this is your solution? To tell her that the 'voice' she heard wasn't God's but that of the devil??

Unbelievable! smh...
I have said my piece yet you bicker on. I repeat and I repeat again if it is NOT in the bible, it is not the Christian way. I am not a fan of running in circles, assumptions, insinuation, trying to lay a guilt trip on. I choose to move on from having this conversation with you jare.

4 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Jul 04, 2013
I am going to say this and hopefully this closes the thread for good......I have known God since before I was born. He has ordered my footsteps till this minute I type. He is not an author of confusion. The problem we christians have is impatient, if only we can truly believe in him, there is nothing he cannot do for us. The toughest of all decisions he decides for us. For example, Medical science is one of the enemies of faith. I witnessed recently a man completely written off and diagnosed with advanced stage cancer healed----you's might not believe this but if I did not know this person and his records I wouldn't either, infact I still don't believe it. I have never seen a man with so much faith in my life even when he was told they could do nothing medically to fight it, he said ...."it is not my time and I know my God liveth".....honestly this mans story is like a dream I am trying so hard to wake up from.....I still cannot believe it. undecided cancer kwa??. It's a long story I am not getting into that one .its just that when he God said he is the God of all flesh and there is nothing too difficult for him to do, I did not get that bit until now. God defiled medical science.

I am going to backup what @vanitty has posted so far........except he is not the God I serve, except there is a different god, but if it is the one I serve, even though the devil might bring his own your way, he God is there to direct you to the right person if ONLY you can trust in him. I know this for sure cos amongst my suitors was a deceiver and the deceiver was someone I knew more than I knew oga JK, infact if someone had asked me to point the deceiver amongst them he wouldn't be seeing my fingers....there is nothing prayers cannot do, I wasn't Into mr JK at the beginning, he was the least person I expected to be mine.....but guess what, he was mine from the onset but I was just too blind to see it. I only saw it the night I went to God in prayers begging him to show me THE person.....lo and behold it was mr JK
God will give you someone that will love you for who you are and not what he can get out of you. I would have married a deceiver who "liked me" for what he could get out of me and it took years later for that information to reach me

Una good night
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 12:08am On Jul 05, 2013
Jenny biko jee na signature Nwanne gi nwanyi
A choro m ihu gi dia my dear
Dalu so wink
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 12:16am On Jul 05, 2013
Ok osisi. Got it.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 05, 2013
jennykadry: Ok osisi. Got it.

Ehen what is this coded message you are getting o? Is this a troll thread? With a hidden agenda perhaps? Some sinister ulterior motive? tongue
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 5:58am On Jul 05, 2013
vanitty:
I have said my piece yet you bicker on. I repeat and I repeat again if it is NOT in the bible, it is not the Christian way. I am not a fan of running in circles, assumptions, insinuation, trying to lay a guilt trip on. I choose to move on from having this conversation with you jare.

Actually, you're the one making the assumptions and insinuations here. I'm not the one implying / insinuating that this lady's marriage was ordained by the devil - you are. Or is that not what you meant, seeing as you've judged that the marriage was not ordained by God?

So why are you getting all hot under the collar? I go by facts, you go by emotions.

I asked you what solution(s) you would proffer her to help solve her problem and so far, you've not said anything substantial here.

Vanitty: WHAT SHOULD THIS LADY DO? WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST??

~ Adoption?
~ Surrogacy / IVF?
~ Divorce?

What?? This is an example of a real-life problem happening to a real human being because she stuck steadfastly to her beliefs (not blaming her for that), but all you do is waffle and spew forth ideological views on what caused her present predicament, all of which I say again is subjective i.e: dependent on different perspectives / opinions.

Give us a real life solution. Is that too much to ask? Or you've got none to offer?
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by biolabee(m): 6:07am On Jul 05, 2013
vanitty:

Ok I now get your point of view.

Not linked to testing.......however I dont think it is totally true when you say that a deception that led to marriage is always of the devil as God in His infinite mercies can turn things around
David murdered to get sheba mother of solomon who became the line of jesus

I feel God cannot be fathomed by our mind n ways
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by EfemenaXY: 6:09am On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee:

Not linked to testing.......however I dont think it is totally true when you say that a deception that led to marriage is always of the devil as God in His infinite mercies can turn things around

Thank You!

The best logical and factual argument devoid of emotional tantrums I've seen thus far.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by vanitty: 6:31am On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee:

Morning Biola. Yes God is a God of Grace and He is a merciful God. That is true. It is also true that David committed so many atrocities that God won't even let him build a church for him but when you call Jesus, you call him the son of David.

However, I answered your specific question regarding deception, God and marriage. The answer is No. A marriage based on deception cannot be from God, what happens after such marriage is solely based on His Grace and Mercy.

God's plan is for us to have hope and a good future. Jenny explained it perfectly but unfortunately we human tend to deviate from it and at times we suffer the consequences because God choose to have mercy on who He choose to have mercy on and that is what is difficult for people to assimilate. Some get very uncomfortable about this because they choose to rationalise God based on mere human emotions.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by biolabee(m): 6:51am On Jul 05, 2013
vanitty:

Morning Biola. Yes God is a God of Grace and He is a merciful God. That is true. It is also true that David committed so many atrocities that God won't even let him build a church for him but when you call Jesus, you call him the son of David.

However, I answered your specific question regarding deception, God and marriage. The answer is No. A marriage based on deception cannot be from God, what happens after such marriage is solely based on His Grace and Mercy.

God's plan is for us to have hope and a good future. Jenny explained it perfectly but unfortunately we human tend to deviate from it and at times we suffer the consequences because God choose to have mercy on who He choose to have mercy on and that is what is difficult for people to assimilate. Some get very uncomfortable about this because they choose to rationalise God based on mere human emotions.

If this is so why do we humans overreach in trying to box God into a set of do this do that

Let God be true and all be false

This same God wanted his people freed and deliberately hardened pharaohs heart

This same created Jacob who deceived everyone else uptill his old age

Let us be careful when we make definitive statements about this same God

Hannah married in divine will yet was childless for a season

SARAH was barren for decades

Let us not judge

2 Likes

Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by biolabee(m): 6:52am On Jul 05, 2013
Efemena_xy:

Thank You!

The best logical and factual argument devoid of emotional tantrums I've seen thus far.

Thanks ma
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by vanitty: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2013
biolabee:

If this is so why do we humans overreach in trying to box God into a set of do this do that

Let God be true and all be false

This same God wanted his people freed and deliberately hardened pharaohs heart

This same created Jacob who deceived everyone else uptill his old age

Let us be careful when we make definitive statements about this same God

Hannah married in divine will yet was childless for a season

SARAH was barren for decades

Let us not judge

Very contradictory post you have there. You seem to agree with what I say, reiterate it and in the same sentence kick against it. Response to all your questions is in my previous response to your post.

I mean if you want to go further, the same God created devil himself! Shock horror? Listen God cannot be rationalised. He choose to do whatever He want.

However, your last statement about definitive statement. I can boldly make statement about God. God is not a God that lies, He is not in the business of deception. He remains the same forever more. Should I continue?

I think we need to understand free will and God using a situation created by yourself to advance His own plan.

Judge I have not.
Re: What Other Means Do We Use? by biolabee(m): 7:59am On Jul 05, 2013
where is the contradiction in my post.. please

How did i kick against what you said

I say my own

You are the one that has boxed God saying God has no part in deception and a marriage born of deception is of the devil

I advocate caution

vanitty:

Very contradictory post you have there. You seem to agree with what I say, reiterate it and in the same sentence kick against it. Response to all your questions is in my previous response to your post.

I mean if you want to go further, the same God created devil himself! Shock horror? Listen God cannot be rationalised. He choose to do whatever He want.

However, your last statement about definitive statement. I can boldly make statement about God. God is not a God that lies, He is not in the business of deception. He remains the same forever more. Should I continue?

I think we need to understand free will and God using a situation created by yourself to advance His own plan.

Judge I have not.

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (Reply)

What Are The Most Important Words Of Advice Given You By Your Parent? / Open Challenge! Show Me One Recent Notable Feminist Who Had A Great Marriage / Slut Walk For Women's Right

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.