Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,770 members, 7,817,138 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:52 AM

Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (7692 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:29pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:
Are you sure that the title is hereditary?
Iyaloja, balogun, Otunba and the afobajes........that's how it is. You can't chose a balogun from another family apart from those set aside for it na.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Iyaloja, balogun, Otunba and the afobajes........that's how it is. You can't chose a balogun from another family apart from those set aside for it na.

Balogun - I know, but iyaloja, now that is news to me.

So what if there was no other trader in the family? Moreover, shouldn't that title go to a much older woman?

I think it's preposterous that the title is hereditary though but who am I to say.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
How is the head of market people heredictory. I'm i missing something? Which Lagos are we talking about btw? Lagos Island or Lagos state. There's no such thing a Lagos traditional stool. Oba rilwan's relevance ends on the island. I also heard Tinubu's mother was the Iyaloja of Nigeria too. is that one hereditary too?
Okay you are familiar with this stuff. Oba Rilwan's relevance ends on the island but there are other Iyalojas in Lagos. Ikorodu has one, Egbeda has one you agree. There is an iyaloja in Oshodi but all the Obas in Lagos are under the Oba of Lagos which in turn means the iyalojas are under the Iyaloja of Lagos (island)

The Ooni has no relevance in Lagos but the Oba of Lagos pays tribute to him right? That's the logic
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Garrithe1st: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
So PDP has started fighting over market women position....abi??

Next issue will be SUG president of LASU....

Next NURTW chairman.......

I dey laff ooo!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:34pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

So what if there was no other trader in the family? Moreover, shouldn't that title go to a much older woman?

I think it's preposterous that the title is hereditary though but who am I to say.
Young or old does it matter? The family comes together and presents a candidate and that's all. It is an imperfect system but wetin we wan do?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Garrithe1st: 5:35pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

Its the tradition so what's d big deal??

Should the tradition of a people be changed Tinubu is involved??

cool
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Yeske2(m): 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
maclatunji:

LOL, you should not hate the man. He is brave and bold. What was the opposition looking at? Part of politics is having allies in key positions.
Hating the guy for what na? The opposition are the ones complaining and i would want Tinubu's spokesman (eko ile) to explain the whole stuff to me before he starts his usual mud slinging. Dats all.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:36pm On Jun 24, 2013
Garri the 1st: So PDP has started fighting over market women position....abi??

I dey laff ooo!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy
If you control the Markets in Lagos and the garages you already have an edge over your opponents dude. Believe it or not
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

cool
It is not a perfect tradition but wetin we wan do? That's how it happens
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Afam4eva(m): 5:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
If you control the Markets in Lagos and the garages you already have an edge over your opponents dude. Believe it or not
Now, i'm beginning to see why PDP is finding it very difficult to beat ACN. It seems they have collobied all the very important variables needed to control things.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
Oun ti o da, o da!

Iyanje leleyi o
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Garrithe1st: 5:40pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Does Tinubu own Lagos ni? If he continues like this, it will get to a point when Lagosians will stand up against him. He should try as much as possible not to be seen imposing people especially his family members if he still want to be allowed by lagosians to be eating from the coffers of the state.

In a hurry to comment you once again display your usual irrationality. Why do you always comment 1st before thinking or trying to understand issues at hand.

As a MOD I find the irrationality in some of your posts worrisome. I'm sure that's the same way you rush to take action against members of this forum without careful thought.

Don't say I didn't warn you!!

cool

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

cool

Tinubu's tradition.

Osi o da!

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:42pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva:
Now, i'm beginning to see why PDP is finding it very difficult to beat ACN. It seems they have collobied all the very important variables needed to control things.
Politics is like chess bro. Consider Ekiti state, before the ACN could win, they had to take over the SUG ot the university there and then the market women and then the religious leaders.

The PDP always fail at these things and will keep losing. Why do you think the market women fear the Lagos state government so much? Any one who does anyhow will answer to her superiors even before the Government agencies get there
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola: Oun ti o da, o da!

Iyanje leleyi o
No one says it is right but blaming Tinubu for it is wrong. The Oba and chieves need to earn their keep and make some changes.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
Moreover, why must it be tinubu's daughter? Didn't Alhaja Mogaji have other children? Tinubu just wants to eclipse his siblings sha!

Over zealous greedy man! Na only him mama born? Must he be the alpha and omega?9

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by EkoIle1: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Afam4eva: Does Tinubu own Lagos ni? If he continues like this, it will get to a point when Lagosians will stand up against him. He should try as much as possible not to be seen imposing people especially his family members if he still want to be allowed by lagosians to be eating from the coffers of the state.

The fact that you people see Tinubu in your dreams and you think he's responsible for your lives doesn't mean we do, in fact, we respect his bravery and influence all over Yoruba land cos without him, it's still going to be all the worthless and incompetent PDP governors and losers calling the shots all over the SW and even sef, what's Lagos without Fashola or Tinubu wrestling Lagos away from the PDP aka incompetence? The same incomopetence that's stagnating and killing your own towns and villages.

Also, maybe you people reject and stand against your culture and traditions, but we don't and in fact we love and cherish every bit of it.

Tinubu is a Yoruba man and his actions benefits Yoruba people and we are not PDP slaves because of him which obviously is the main source of you people's hate and bitternes, but he's a private individual, he has no official title so he's not responsible for your lives or existence, you need to spend more time questioning the incompetent official folks responsible for your day to day existence.

And why should we stand up against him? You think we are ungrateful people?

You obviously really think Lagosians share the same hate and bigoted sentiments you people nurse against Tinubu and his people, but this is basically limited to your people and like I said, we love Tinubu and we hope and pray he stays around for a very very long long time..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:46pm On Jun 24, 2013
Garri the 1st:

In a hurry to comment you once again display your usual irrationality. Why do you always comment 1st before thinking or trying to understand issues at hand.

As a MOD I find the irrationality in some of your posts worrisome. I'm sure that's the same way you rush to take action against members of this forum without careful thought.

Don't say I didn't warn you!!

cool
Be nice bro
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by takedat(m): 5:47pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola: Moreover, why must it be tinubu's daughter? Didn't Alhaja Mogaji have other children? Tinubu just wants to eclipse his siblings sha!

Over zealous greedy man! Na only him mama born? Must he be the alpha and omega?9
Tinubu is the only surviving child of Mama.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by donchris999: 5:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Sharrrap there! I mean sharrrap there! Tinubu's last born that girl of 23 will soon be the head of service lagos state. Remember, she just graduated. When she becomes the HOS lagos state, you will come to tell us that it is hereditary. I mean sharrrap, infact sharrap, why you die in poverty harrasing PDP in lagos tinubu have already sold you, your family and your future generation. TINUBU WE LOVE YOU! UP ACN! UP APC! UP TINUBU! We love you daddy. You are free to sell we the yoruba people. We love you jagaban of lagos! Please is fashola still alive? Not heard from him for a while.

I dey laff ooo!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
Eko Ile:

The fact that you people see Tinubu in your dreams and you think he's responsible for your lives doesn't mean we do, in fact, we respect his bravery and influence all over Yoruba land cos without him, it's still going to be all the worthless and incompetent PDP governors and losers calling the shots all over the SW and even sef, what's Lagos without Fashola or Tinubu wrestling Lagos away from the PDP aka incompetence? The same incomopetence that's stagnating and killing your own towns and villages.

Also, maybe you people reject and stand against your culture and traditions, but we don't and in fact we love and cherish every bit of it.

Tinubu is a Yoruba man and his actions benefits Yoruba people and we are not PDP slaves because of him which obviously is the main source of you people's hate and bitternes, but he's a private individual, he has no official title so he's not responsible for your lives or existence, you need to spend more time questioning the incompetent official folks responsible for your day to day existence.

And why should we stand up against him? You think we are ungrateful people?

You obviously really think Lagosians share the same hate and bigoted sentiments you people nurse against Tinubu and his people, but this is basically limited to your people and like I said, we love Tinubu and we hope and pray he stays around for a very very long long time..

No offence bro but this is just backside kissingtonguetongue

you make the guy look like a god of some sorts. You better be paid for this ooo cos Lawd knows I can't do this for free

4 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:49pm On Jun 24, 2013
take dat: Tinubu is the only surviving child of Mama.

In that case: oro ti p'esi je!

But sha, it could cause resentment towards the tinubu family sha. I know I'm starting to resent them.

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by EkoIle1: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2013

I dey laff ooo!!!

cheesy cheesy cheesy

Na today?

Bunch of jobless losers
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:50pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola: Moreover, why must it be tinubu's daughter? Didn't Alhaja Mogaji have other children? Tinubu just wants to eclipse his siblings sha!

The family chose and as long as no one from the family has spoken out against this, we can assumes that they agree with it
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 5:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

In that case: oro ti p'esi je!

But sha, it could cause resentment towards the tinubu family sha. I know I'm starting to resent them.
Hate it or love it, it is happening
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:54pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
The family chose and as long as no one from the family has spoken out against this, we can assumes that they agree with it

Who can stand up to their breadwinner?

As a bonafide omo isale Eko (whether enemies believe it or not) I am not happy with this latest development at all!

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 5:55pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
Hate it or love it, it is happening

Of course, which is why it is sad.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by EkoIle1: 5:57pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:

you make the guy look like a god of some sorts. You better be paid for this ooo cos Lawd knows I can't do this for free

Unlike you jokers, our lives, hopes, desires and future doesn't depend on money by any means necessary, that part of human failings is very synonymous with you people..
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 6:00pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

Who can stand up to their breadwinner?

As a bonafide omo isale Eko (whether enemies believe it or not) I am not happy with this latest development at all!

I am not happy too but "oya ile baba mi ko"
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 6:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
Eko Ile:

Unlike you jokers, our lives, hopes, desires and future doesn't depend on money by any means necessary, that part of human failings is very synonymous with you people..
Now this is something else......"you people"? Which people are you referring to?

I am lost biko

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 6:04pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am not happy too but "oya ile baba mi ko"

Wait o, are you even Yoruba?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

An Indepth Look Into Buhari's Asset Declaration By Barcanista / Why You Should Not Yet Rejoice About 2017 Budget? / Who Has Seen This?Herd Of Carmels Seen In Lagos.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.