Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,919 members, 7,817,693 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? (7695 Views)

Hoodlums Shut Down Alaba International Market On The Orders Of Tinubu's Daughter / Tinubu’s Daughter Officially Installed As Traders’ Leader By The Oba Of Lagos / Tinubu’s Mother, Abibat Mogaji Is Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

Nonsense!

So you're ibo!

Time waster oshi!

Haba na my brother be that o
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2013
Seriously, I can just visualize a villager running around Lagos cities grin

Jenifa tinz grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jun 24, 2013
saxywale: The post of iyaloja cannot be hereditary... it's honorary and not a birth right like princes, kingmakers and warriors.
you are right, i still wanna believe the news is false though,considering the source. And how old is Tinubu's daughter self? Cos we know the iyalojas are of ripe age & very influential considering there years of service.. Omo Tinubu oni fe te
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by takedat(m): 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2013
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 9:33pm On Jun 24, 2013
Katangora: you are right, i still wanna believe the news is false though,considering the source. And how old is Tinubu's daughter self? Cos we know the iyalojas are of ripe age & very influential considering there years of service.. Omo Tinubu oni fe te
I am not saying the girl or lady justifies the position. I am explaining how if it happens it is beyond us
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 9:37pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
I am not saying the girl or lady justifies the position. I am explaining how if it happens it is beyond us

Rubbish wo niyen?

Ma wa fi bredi ko wa lomi obe nibiyi o.

Back your assertion with facts! Prove to us that the post is indeed hereditary and not just swanning in here to do abracadabra.

Na jele o sinmi school pikin you tink say you dey follow yarn?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2013
Katangora: you are right, i still wanna believe the news is false though,considering the source. And how old is Tinubu's daughter self? Cos we know the iyalojas are of ripe age & very influential considering there years of service.. Omo Tinubu oni fe te

O ma se ke, intelligent somebody.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 9:41pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

Rubbish wo niyen?

Back your assertion with facts! Prove to us that the post is indeed hereditary and not just swanning in here to do abracadabra.

is it my fault you don't know your own culture?

Smh at you. Internet warrior who don't nothing about their history and traditions.

Are you tired of calling me Igbo? Actually, my name is Obiora.tonguetonguetongue
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by takedat(m): 9:43pm On Jun 24, 2013
Desola:

Rubbish wo niyen?

The title is not hereditary. One has to be an Iya Loja of an established/well-known market in order to qualify. It is now left for the Oba to confer the title of Iya Loja of Lagos on his preferred choice among the Iya Loja's!

1 Like

Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 24, 2013
Tinubu can as well give her the title of SISI OLOJA! IYA OLOJA and SISI OLOJA na the same thing. Both of them dey control market things. I can't fit laff abeg! grin
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 9:45pm On Jun 24, 2013
take dat: The title is not hereditary. One has to be an Iya Loja of an established/well-known market in order to qualify. It is now left for the Oba to confer the title on his preferred choice among the Iya Loja's!
And which market was Mogaji controller before she became the Iyaloja of Lagos island?
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by takedat(m): 9:48pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
And which market was Mogaji controller before she became the Iyaloja of Lagos island?
I can't be precise, but I heard she was at a time the Iya Loja of the then Ita Faji market in Lagos Island!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Desola(f): 9:51pm On Jun 24, 2013
take dat: The title is not hereditary. One has to be an Iya Loja of an established/well-known market in order to qualify. It is now left for the Oba to confer the title of Iya Loja of Lagos on his preferred choice among the Iya Loja's!

That is my understanding too until that bloody immigrant came and started yarning opata ke!

E no go beta for Nigeria wey join person wey suppose to be talking of gear box and chasis and normal people together, oloun gbo!
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 10:02pm On Jun 24, 2013
Okay I hope Desola knows I am just joking with her right? gringrin. Nothing serious or personal
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 10:03pm On Jun 24, 2013
Mynd_44:
She was the Iya Oloja of Ikeja. that i know very well. If you go to Alade market at Allen Avenue and Ipodo market, it's boldly written there and she has an office in the markets. That was the first time i heard about her.
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by OAM4J: 10:05pm On Jun 24, 2013
[size=13pt]Lagos ACN denies reports of Tinubu appointing daughter as market leader[/size]

The ACN says its focus is on 2015 and not “market”.

The Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, has denied media reports that its national leader, Bola Tinubu, has appointed his daughter as successor to his recently deceased mother for the post of ‘Iyaloja’ of Lagos State.

Speaking to PREMIUM TIMES over the telephone, the party dismissed the reports as “rantings” of the opposition Peoples’ Democratic Party, PDP.
“The (ACN) leadership is not aware of it. It is not true and can never be true,” said Joe Igbokwe, spokesperson, Lagos ACN.
The Lagos PDP had issued a statement on Monday condemning the alleged plot to install Folashade Tinubu-Ojo to succeed her grandmother, the late Abibat Mogaji, as the new President General of market men and women in Lagos State.

In its statement signed by Taofik Gani, the Lagos PDP spokesperson, the party called on the former governor to rescind his decision, adding that Mr. Tinubu had planned to notify market leaders at his Ikoyi home on Tuesday.

“The much-touted democrat should allow the simple tenets of democracy to prevail in the selection of a new leader for the market women, more so as there is no cogent evidence that his nominee and daughter is a full-time market woman,” the PDP statement said.

The PDP even called on the state governor, Raji Fashola, asking him not to sit on the fence “at this auspicious time.”
The Lagos ACN, however, dismissed the statement as the handiwork of “an idle mind.”

“We don’t have time for that kind of thing. We are strategising for 2015 and they are talking about market,” Mr. Igbokwe said. “Who has interest in that kind of thing?”

http://premiumtimesng.com/regional/139536-lagos-acn-denies-reports-of-tinubu-appointing-daughter-as-market-leader.html
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
How can Tinubu strategize for 2015 without involving market women? Ok till then sha! We will know who is lying or not. cheesy
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by dayokanu(m): 10:09pm On Jun 24, 2013
Most chieftancy titles are rotated among certain families.

Iyalode head of women.

Balogun warlord

I'm not sure about Iyaloja though.

If the Oba chooses her and follows the tradition nothing wrong with it.

In the biggest democracy. We had father as president. First son as governor of Texas another son governor of Florida.

So it's no big deal
Re: Tinubu’s Daughter To Replace Abibatu Mogaji As New ‘iyaloja’? by Mynd44: 10:15pm On Jun 24, 2013
berem: How can Tinubu strategize for 2015 without involving market women? Ok till then sha! We will know who is lying or not. cheesy
We knowcheesy but it is all politics but PDP are bad politicians. Really bad ones too

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ugwuanyi Summons Emergency Security Meeting / INEC, Police, DSS To Monitor Niger PDP State Congresses Today / Obasanjo, Zulum, Uba Sani, Maduka, Kyari Bag Leadership Excellence Awards 2020

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.