Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,012 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (263989 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by afoxy17: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
The ministry is moving ,Halleluyah.
Oga syder, I sent u a request on yahoo messenger-afoxybaba,pls add so dt we discuss,thanks .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 2:43pm On Aug 18, 2013
afoxy17: The ministry is moving,Halleluyah. oga syder I sent u a request-afoxybaba,pls add so dt we talk more,thanks .

I have not got your request here, please resend so I can add you. Thanks.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Joyconnect: 3:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mr Spyder880,Good afternoon and a big hello to you, it appears you are tactically and technically avoiding to proffer solutions to my simple posers which are stated below. I believe this platform / forum provides the opportunity to pass information and enlighten ourselves, anyway, i am sure no-one is by himself/herself an author of knowledge , as such, no-one has a claim to the monopoly of knowledge.
So can you please:-
1. from your recent knowledge and verse experience tell me the current prices of building materials in Port-Harcourt?
Precisely , cost of a ton of reinforcement bars eg Y8,Y10, Y12,Y16,Y20, Y25, 30Ton of granite, 3/8 gravel/sand, 20Ton of sand. a bag of cement, 2x2 timber,2x3,2x4,3x4 and bag of nail etc.
2. Please how many lengths of these Y8,Y10, Y12,Y16,Y20, Y25 are in a Ton each.
4. Cost of labour per day eg, labourer, capenter, mason, iron bender , cost per day of hiring a concrete mixing machine, poker vibrator machine etc.
You can mail me directly on erinfolami63@gmail.com.
Kind regards
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Joyconnect: 3:44pm On Aug 18, 2013
Hi Mr omanzo02,
You have to be careful not to compare European regulations and standards to African's particularly Nigerian building planning and construction standards. The tools available for fire fighting, detection and prevention are rigorous over there compared to what is obtainable in Africa. So, if the European laws demand that you even use two crutches as a mean of escape should there be an outbreak of fire, be rest assured that you will safely be out of the premises within a reasonable time. This is unlike what we have in place in Africa where in an event of fire outbreak, some neighbors will be running helter skelter with nothing in hand but buckets of water while others will be praying but then there is no hope that the fire engine will be at the scene.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 4:34pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joyconnect: So sorryMr Lawalli, it is for Hajj Mufutau
It is possible to have a second stair within the house, it is a matter of your design requirement as a brief to your architect, i have designed in the past such that we have the 2nd escape stair for the duplex. So it is a matter of your design requirement. There are so many parameters to consider, some clients want this some don't, some will want so many stuff to be on a single plot of land and you then have to accommodate the most important of all requirements.
Mr nothing is impossible.
Hajj Mufutau my contact email is erinfolami63@gmail.com if you want further discussion on this.
Best regards

You are right in the first message. it should be for Mr. Lawalli. I am the one who replied that I have seen second stairs in some houses in Nigeria. So, I am surely aware of such. I don't expect Spyder to disclosed that too.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 7:54pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joyconnect: Mr Spyder880,Good afternoon and a big hello to you, it appears you are tactically and technically avoiding to proffer solutions to my simple posers which are stated below. I believe this platform / forum provides the opportunity to pass information and enlighten ourselves, anyway, i am sure no-one is by himself/herself an author of knowledge , as such, no-one has a claim to the monopoly of knowledge.
1. from your recent knowledge and verse experience tell me the current prices of building materials in Port-Harcourt?
Precisely , cost of a ton of reinforcement bars eg Y8,Y10, Y12,Y16,Y20, Y25, 30Ton of granite, 3/8 gravel/sand, 20Ton of sand. a bag of cement, 2x2 timber,2x3,2x4,3x4 and bag of nail etc.
4. Cost of labour per day eg, labourer, capenter, mason, iron bender , cost per day of hiring a concrete mixing machine, poker vibrator machine etc.
Kind regards

Thank you bros, and yes I have been tactically avoiding some of your questions because its different from the way I learnt to buy materials. I dont like buying rods in tons, I use unit prices for pcs as you might have noticed in my cost updates at the bottom of each of the stages I completed.

On Labour charges, it depends on a lot of things like;

1. Location of your project
2. Prevailing circumstances
3. Type of work (labour for plastering and laying blocks and serving a carpenter and digging a foundation) can not be the same due to a lot of factors.

Carpenter, mason, iron bender will charge you according to the job of the day, some jobs are more tedious than the others depending on the stage of the project and height of the building.

Vibrating machine, concrete mixer and pokers depends on the distance of your project and your pricing ability. These prices are not fixed.

Thank you and wishing you a very happy working experience my brother.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by lawali: 10:45pm On Aug 18, 2013
Joyconnect: Hi Mr omanzo02,
You have to be careful not to compare European regulations and standards to African's particularly Nigerian building planning and construction standards. The tools available for fire fighting, detection and prevention are rigorous over there compared to what is obtainable in Africa. So, if the European laws demand that you even use two crutches as a mean of escape should there be an outbreak of fire, be rest assured that you will safely be out of the premises within a reasonable time. This is unlike what we have in place in Africa where in an event of fire outbreak, some neighbors will be running helter skelter with nothing in hand but buckets of water while others will be praying but then there is no hope that the fire engine will be at the scene.
I asked the question out of curiosity of what I see around and what I believe should be reasonable. I was not expecting spyder to discuss details of his project. In the design I gave to my architect to develop, I didn't consider the idea of second exit. On second thought, I feel it will be better to have another exit.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Joyconnect: 2:35am On Aug 19, 2013
Mr omanzo02,hi.
There is no problem with your considering to have the 2nd stairs bro.
If you want it just mention it to your architect and he will rightfully tell you if he can incorporate it into what he has done at the moment in time. Like I said in the previous postings on this issue, there is nothing impossible.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Joyconnect: 2:42am On Aug 19, 2013
Oga spydo,
Please tell me the unit price of the steel bars as you learnt to buy as well the other items I requested to serve as a guide. Less I forget,the site is somewhere in Aluu.
I will so much appreciate it if in your kindness you find the time to grant my request.
Rgds
Joyconnect
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tundysho(m): 7:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Joyconnect: Mr Spyder880,Good afternoon and a big hello to you, it appears you are tactically and technically avoiding to proffer solutions to my simple posers which are stated below. I believe this platform / forum provides the opportunity to pass information and enlighten ourselves, anyway, i am sure no-one is by himself/herself an author of knowledge , as such, no-one has a claim to the monopoly of knowledge.
Kind regards

You dont talk to people that you want to seek help from like that
Spyder has been doing all he is doing here for free,he answers poeples
questions well,despite his tight schedule,without asking for anything,
and someone will just come here to order him around as if he is paying spyder
any money,please lets be considerate in the way we ask questions sometimes

6 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
I wanna learning, thanks for the continuous teaching
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amanikondo: 7:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
This guy writing in blue color nefa graduate all these while? grin
Fhemmmy: I wanna learning, thanks for the continuous teaching
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 7:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
amanikondo: This guy writing in blue color nefa graduate all these while? grin

I am gladly still learning oh, sorry to disappoint you and your graduation . . . tongue
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by tlops(m): 7:32pm On Aug 19, 2013
Good work and happy new week!

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by achi4u(m): 8:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
One good turn always deserves another.

"You can only get what you want when you help others get what they want".

Good work always pay.

Thank God for the new project.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:44am On Aug 20, 2013
I could not load pictures of work progress, internet connection failure which I will fight to correct today.

We have almost concluded everything about the walling stage in this house, house looking more beautiful everyday. Work on the parapet is set to start today, pictures will come later.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Aug 20, 2013
Another day in class - Presence Sir!
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Joyconnect: 2:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
Hi tundysho,
I perfectly understand that;
1. You are entitled to your opinion.
2. You are not far from treading along the path of fallacy of hasty conclusion.
For these reasons I will suggest you read a tread of discussions exhaustedly prior to your spilling out your personal opinion.
For your information, spyder works in port harcourt and he is familiar with what I am concerned with, he has been posting on this platform even after my 1st request for information on this subject.
Ever heard of this saying that no one has the time for anything except things of particular interest. The information I require are tools he works with everyday and should not be far fetched and if anyone is willing to share a tool that is always at hand, it should not really take ages.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Nobody: 4:57pm On Aug 20, 2013
Joyconnect: Hi tundysho,
I perfectly understand that;
1. You are entitled to your opinion.
2. You are not far from treading along the path of fallacy of hasty conclusion.
For these reasons I will suggest you read a tread of discussions exhaustedly prior to your spilling out your personal opinion.
For your information, spyder works in port harcourt and he is familiar with what I am concerned with, he has been posting on this platform even after my 1st request for information on this subject.
Ever heard of this saying that no one has the time for anything except things of particular interest. The information I require are tools he works with everyday and should not be far fetched and if anyone is willing to share a tool that is always at hand, it should not really take ages.
Seriously?. what's with the sense of entitlement you are displaying here. oga spyder has every right to decide whether to give answers to your question or not. Pls work on your attitude.

3 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:44pm On Aug 20, 2013
updates

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by amanikondo: 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
honey86:
Seriously?. what's with the sense of entitlement you are displaying here. oga spyder has every right to decide whether to give answers to your question or not. Pls work on your attitude.
The guy na military man. He wan use force.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:46pm On Aug 20, 2013
still fighting with my internet

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:48pm On Aug 20, 2013
closer.......

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2013
some of the windows, internal view to the world

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 5:52pm On Aug 20, 2013
before we removed the wooden planks

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:03pm On Aug 20, 2013
Lovely
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:21pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fhemmmy: Lovely

Not yet sir, just wait till its done cheesy

I will like to call this style 'The window in the window design' grin

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:24pm On Aug 20, 2013
spyder880:

Not yet sir, just wait till its done cheesy

I honestly cant wait . . . keep up the great work
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:26pm On Aug 20, 2013
Fhemmmy:

I honestly cant wait . . . keep up the great work

Thank you sir, we will not disappoint you.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Aug 20, 2013
The frontal arcs, bold and beautiful...... cheesy

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2013
spyder880: The frontal arcs, bold and beautiful...... cheesy

Damn! All these works are very nicely done.. professionalism is what I call it. Everything is just rhime and smooth.
Just look at those nice curve windows and those nice thick strong front pillars, will be nice for a good facade design.
I ran out of adjectives to describe this work. Just keep up the good work..

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:45pm On Aug 20, 2013
mufutau55:

Damn! All these works are very nicely done.. professionalism is what I call it. Everything is just rhime and smooth.
Just look at those nice curve windows and those nice thick strong front pillars, will be nice for a good facade design.
I ran out of adjectives to describe this work. Just keep up the good work..

Hajji Mufutau

Before we continue, we must give the owner of this building all the credit for first dreaming up this design, incorporating it on paper and having the patience to explain it to me and my team. He is really very attentive to details.

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.