Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,380 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" (264119 Views)

The Making Of The Port Harcourt "Duplex + 4 Flats" / The Port Harcourt Luxury Flats / The Making Of "The Port Harcourt Castle" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:52pm On Jun 25, 2013
megainvest: Hello Spyder, I have decided not to be just a spectator on this wonderful thread. I want to also contribute to your success. I will be suggesting a few ways I think you can help your client save cash. With your experience, you can let me know if it makes sense. I strongly believe we spend too much on building construction in Nigeria.

My first suggestion has to do with blocks. Do you intend to use 9 inch blocks? If yes, do you think that you can save by adopting framed construction method (beams and columns) with 5inch blocks as cladding or at least for all internal walls? U can still use 9 inch on the external walls.

Thank you for your suggestions, I need inputs like this so we can learn more about ways to cut construction costs.

In this particular project, my client handed over to me an already prepared building plan with all the specifications spelt out. This states very clearly that the walls (except for a few internal toilets) be done with 9" blocks. The structure will be completely framed with beams and columns.

Doing internal wall partitioning with 5" blocks saves some cost, not just on the cost of the blocks but also on the quantity of lintel materials used (granite, sand, cement and even labour costs). Please feel free to throw in more suggestions as we are all learning everyday. Thanks.

5 Likes

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 6:57pm On Jun 25, 2013
Some of my contingent from the last duplex in Ebonyi state just landed in my area in Enugu. They will be joining the Enugu group and we all are planning to move very early tomorrow morning to PH. Action starts tomorrow on this site, (barring any last minute hiccups)
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
spyder880: Some of my contingent from the last duplex in Ebonyi state just landed in my area in Enugu. They will be joining the Enugu group and we all are planning to move very early tomorrow morning to PH. Action starts tomorrow on this site, (barring any last minute hiccups)

I will come to class early too . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mbembe: 8:41am On Jun 26, 2013
More grease to your shiny elbows. Wait o, Oga Spyder, did you say 8.8m for a 5 BDR Detached duplex in PH, from foundation to roofing.Lets get serious here Prof. There is simply no way that is going to happen even if you resort to using the most basic/cheapest materials to do the job. Remember, you have served as an inspiration to some of us, thus, I will be happy for you to always present the total picture as it is and should be. This will afford your client(s) the opportunity to plan effectively and also adjust their budgets accordingly. Changing the goal post at the middle of the match, smacks of dishonesty. The unplanned adjustments also most often throws the client off balance. Just curious, hope U aint using corrugated roofing sheets (zinc) for this project. Just an advice, prepare for them "Ikwerre bush entry boys o". Those ones, that manifests in different groups/gangs, aint smiling- I,ve had a personal experience. Goodluck Oga Spyder, May your dreams come true. We are waiting and watching. Peace.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Osama10(m): 8:52am On Jun 26, 2013
mbembe: More grease to your shiny elbows. Wait o, Oga Spyder, did you say 8.8m for a 5 BDR Detached duplex in PH, from foundation to roofing.Lets get serious here Prof. There is simply no way that is going to happen even if you resort to using the most basic/cheapest materials to do the job. Remember, you have served as an inspiration to some of us, thus, I will be happy for you to always present the total picture as it is and should be. This will afford your client(s) the opportunity to plan effectively and also adjust their budgets accordingly. Changing the goal post at the middle of the match, smacks of dishonesty. The unplanned adjustments also most often throws the client off balance. Just curious, hope U aint using corrugated roofing sheets (zinc) for this project. Just an advice, prepare for them "Ikwerre bush entry boys o". Those ones, that manifests in different groups/gangs, aint smiling- I,ve had a personal experience. Goodluck Oga Spyder, May your dreams come true. We are waiting and watching. Peace.

Yes oh he should be prepared for them.

Secondly he should pay all the payables at Obio/Akpor LGA and keep copies at the site.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:19am On Jun 26, 2013
We just arrived PH.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
Boys cutting grass, clearing the site while I buy wood and other materials from a market at Rumuokoro.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kkmny81: 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2013
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 1:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880: Boys cutting grass, clearing the site while I buy wood and other materials from a market at Rumuokoro.

Waiting for more pix oh and we thank God for journey mercies for you and the boyz oh.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Demainman1: 1:48pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ Prof, I can't see any fencing around the land. Are you erecting the house before fencing it or are both going up at the same time?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Demainman1: 2:05pm On Jun 26, 2013
spydee411: Did you say 8.8million Naira for a detached house. The budget it not feasible my brother! That money can barely get u to decking not to talk of roofing or plastering

I don't think the 8.8M include plastering or does it prof?
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by uhuns: 2:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
I am in port hacourt I am willing to learn frm you.pls txt me on my phone. my findings will be made open on this tread.07054662272.
am keen on learning new methods.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by uhuns: 3:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
pls dont foget
I want to be your I.t student on this project.
but no pay me any cash
I want to be able to do a comparative studies on price as its obtained in the industry with a focus on quality.

am ready! !!"”
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by MaxNdu: 6:37pm On Jun 26, 2013
It is definitely hard in this environment for someone to break new grounds with so much negativity. Spyder has challenged the norm and has planned this project to be 8.8m. Just because you built a bungalow with 15m does not mean another with better prudence in spending cannot do something better and standard at a lesser cost. Enough of the negativity and discouragement.
Spyder, my word for you is to make your plans prudently and ensure you carry out your plans ensuring that a standard and good quality job is done. You are definitely a pace-setter.
Wish you the best.
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 6:42pm On Jun 26, 2013
Damn, Oga Spyder. I missed the opening speech. na who cut the ribbon sef?
Anyway, i came late, make you no cane me o. Report for class sir. Sorry about the lateness.
God go help you complete same you He has been helping you to complete the others in past.
We dey behind you kampe.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by brabus(m): 7:31pm On Jun 26, 2013
Well done bro! Wishing you the very best in your new project.

Remember the 13th commandment: Be in charge.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 7:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
brabus: Well done bro! Wishing you the very best in your new project.

That is a nice one . . . .
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 8:28pm On Jun 26, 2013
@ everybody, I am reading and I value all your contributions keep them coming. More posts and replies later tonight, I thank you all.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 8:29pm On Jun 26, 2013
brabus: Well done bro! Wishing you the very best in your new project.

Nice to see Oga Brabus here too. welcome.
The Commandments is needed: You must be Oga at the Top all the time. Lesson learned.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by mufutau55(m): 8:30pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880: @ everybody, I am reading and I value all your contributions keep them coming. More posts and replies later tonight, I thank you all.

Just give us pictures as usual.. Visual.
I know Fhemmmy will second that.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 8:32pm On Jun 26, 2013
mufutau55:

Just give us pictures as usual.. Visual.
I know Fhemmmy will second that.

Hajji Mufutau

Yes oh . . . All we are saying, Give us picturesssssssssssssssssssss
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 8:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Pictures loading....
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by Fhemmmy: 8:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
spyder880: Pictures loading....

yesssssssssssssss
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by kopell: 9:41pm On Jun 26, 2013
Oga@ the top Spyder88,Present Sir.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:54pm On Jun 26, 2013
The team assembles.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 9:55pm On Jun 26, 2013
I had to rush out and buy wood and some other materials for starting.

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:01pm On Jun 26, 2013
Setting up.....

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:03pm On Jun 26, 2013
more

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by gtrust: 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Spyder makes Front-page

Who says good job doesn't pay!

1 Like

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:06pm On Jun 26, 2013
Normally I will check every thing to make sure they conform to engineering standards

Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by baby124: 10:07pm On Jun 26, 2013
2 Months pere for a solid duplex. Ok o. Let me be watching. This better be the best job you ever did, otherwise, bad market.. grin grin grin cheesy
Re: The Making Of The "Port Harcourt Mansion" by spyder880(m): 10:09pm On Jun 26, 2013
Front wetin? grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy welcome everybody cheesy grin

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (87) (Reply)

The Real Cost Of Building A 6 Bedroom Duplex (reloaded) / Buy Original Stamped Concrete Materials. / Fences And Gates In Pictures And Prices

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.