Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,836 members, 7,810,214 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:10 AM

Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge (18038 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs / Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Garrithe1st: 4:30pm On Jun 25, 2013
Abbott: Why do I feel that the relentless criticism and constant comparison between GEJ and BRF actually spurred the FG to start the SNB? It is a curious thought.

FG haven't started nothing.

Abi na letter be bridge??

grin

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by mike404(m): 4:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: Why is this not a direct contract award with money on the table for JB to build the bridge from start to finish and get it over with? Why is this based on a common letter of intent and tolling on behalf of JB to recoup construction cost?

Basically, JB is building this bridge and not the FG.

What's wrong with their local and National leaders back east? They don't have enough power or influence to make the FG put money on the table and straight award the contract with firm completion date minus tolling and if they must toll, at least redirect the collected tolls to the region for maintenance and other construction activities?

All that aside gan sef, the real joke is the looming capital flight and fleecing of the potential end users of the bridge via decades of tolling with zero returns to the region.

With so much noise regarding this bridge and after years of begging, there's still no serious intentions on the part of the FG and the SE leaders to get this taken care of pain free and on time..

GEJ is Janging SE all over again...
MUMU YOU ARE GOING TO REMAIN LIKE THIS FOREVER angry CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAY AMEN! grin

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Abbott: Why do I feel that the relentless criticism and constant comparison between GEJ and BRF actually spurred the FG to start the SNB? It is a curious thought.

VERY PROBABLE! I hope the ibos can thank all Nigerians on NLand who made this possible! Of course, hope it is not another gimmick from the PDP government!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by addey(m): 4:41pm On Jun 25, 2013
Okija_juju: PDP

#Fresh Air reached the East..
#Fresh Breeze 2015..
#InJoeWeTrust...

#God Bless Nigeria...

So dis guy is one of them shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by addey(m): 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
mike404: MUMU YOU ARE GOING TO REMAIN LIKE THIS FOREVER angry CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAY AMEN! grin

You are a big f..l

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Garrithe1st: 4:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
mike404: MUMU YOU ARE GOING TO REMAIN LIKE THIS FOREVER angry CAN SOMEONE PLEASE SAY AMEN! grin

Abeg keep quiet dia!!

Na 2day FG dey "wash" una??

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are going to be tolled because JB is funding the bridge and not the FG hence JB tolling you for decades to recoup their money..
It is now obvious that telling LIES is in your DNA. You cannot help but tell satanic LIES.

POINT OF CORRECTION: the FG is paying N30billion as its counterpart funding for the Second Niger Bridge. This fact was widely reported. Read:

"Onolememen said that the N30 billion is already there for the construction of the second Niger Bridge, which he said is “undergoing geo-technical survey.”
The amount, he said was the Federal Government’s counterpart funding of the multi-billion naira project, adding that “the ministry has concluded the process for the award of the Public Private Partnership,PPP, and a successful concessioner has emerged, JB-AIIM Consortium.”
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fg-budgets-n30bn-for-completion-of-2nd-niger-bridge/
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/news-review-facelift-for-the-south-east/
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/52102-julius-berger-emerges-preferred-bidder-for-construction-of-2nd-niger-bridge

Meanwhile, I find it strange and hypocritical that the same clowns that were all over the place popping champagne over the recently constructed tolled Ikoyi bridge are here crying more than the bereaved over the proposed tolling of the Second Niger Bridge. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 4:47pm On Jun 25, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe: [size=18pt]2015, GEJ all the way. PDP 2015[/size]
[size=18pt]complete the bridge before you ask for vote! No more abandoned projects.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 4:49pm On Jun 25, 2013
Garri the 1st:

FG haven't started nothing.

Abi na letter be bridge??

grin

Can I give a letter of intent to buy 10 truck loads of garri from you.....?

lmao.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: Why is this not a direct contract award with money on the table for JB to build the bridge from start to finish and get it over with? Why is this based on a common letter of intent and tolling on behalf of JB to recoup construction cost?

Basically, JB is building this bridge and not the FG.

What's wrong with their local and National leaders back east? They don't have enough power or influence to make the FG put money on the table and straight award the contract with firm completion date minus tolling and if they must toll, at least redirect the collected tolls to the region for maintenance and other construction activities?

All that aside gan sef, the real joke is the looming capital flight and fleecing of the potential end users of the bridge via decades of tolling with zero returns to the region.

With so much noise regarding this bridge and after years of begging, there's still no serious intentions on the part of the FG and the SE leaders to get this taken care of pain free and on time..

GEJ is Janging SE all over again...
Sermon at Mount Tinubu.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 4:50pm On Jun 25, 2013
PPP? It seems you people will be paying at the toll gate to cross to the other side! But at 30 B, what is the need to toll it? Is it not enough to construct the bridge? I hope it is not an abandoned project eventually but we go dey watch una! grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Blessmira: 4:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Julius Berging @ Niger Bridge huh?
Ok na.... Weldone oo cheesy
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by AK481(m): 4:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are going to be tolled because JB is funding the bridge and not the FG hence JB tolling you for decades to recoup their money..
like fashola is doing with lcc @ lekki?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Allohrandy(m): 5:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG: PPP? It seems you people will be paying at the toll gate to cross to the other side! But at 30 B, what is the need to toll it? Is it not enough to construct the bridge? I hope it is not an abandoned project eventually but we go dey watch una! grin grin
Nigerians too like free things..most major bridge in the States have toll gate so l don't see anything wrong with a toll gate in the Niger bridge provided the money is use to maintain the bridge and the roads leading to the bridge..
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It is now obvious that telling LIES is in your DNA. You cannot help but tell satanic LIES.

POINT OF CORRECTION: the FG is paying N30billion as its counterpart funding for the Second Niger Bridge. This fact was widely reported. Read:

"Onolememen said that the N30 billion is already there for the construction of the second Niger Bridge, which he said is “undergoing geo-technical survey.”
The amount, he said was the Federal Government’s counterpart funding of the multi-billion naira project, adding that “the ministry has concluded the process for the award of the Public Private Partnership,PPP, and a successful concessioner has emerged, JB-AIIM Consortium.”
http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/fg-budgets-n30bn-for-completion-of-2nd-niger-bridge/
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/cover/news-review-facelift-for-the-south-east/
http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/news/284-breaking-news/52102-julius-berger-emerges-preferred-bidder-for-construction-of-2nd-niger-bridge

Meanwhile, I find it strange and hypocritical that the same clowns that were all over the place popping champagne over the recently constructed tolled Ikoyi bridge are here crying more than the bereaved over the proposed tolling of the Second Niger Bridge. Smh

Asked to comment on the duration of the project, he said, “This is not a contract. It is a PPP transaction. The PPP transaction will cover a period of 25 years for them (Julius Berger AIMS Consortium). By the conclusion of the discussions on the second phase, at least the construction period will emerge. It is not like a normal contract that the government is funding.”

He explained that the consortium would raise the fund for the project and that the government would only take a very marginal percentage of it to show commitment.

He said, “It is interesting to note that Africa Infrastructure Investment Managers or AIMS, are world leaders in infrastructure financing and they are in partnership with one of the biggest infrastructure financier in the world. And we are happy that this project has been able to attract such a group to this country.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/julius-berger-to-build-second-niger-bridge/

Abeg try again.....

And the toll money collected off Ikoyi Link Bridge is going back to the state governemnt aka people of Lagos to bprovide more infrastructures for the people of Lagos unlike in your case, your money is going back to whereever JB came from with zero benefit to you.

You people should be crying really. I mean, after begging for 30 years, he saddled you with decades of tolling and not a direct FG contract award with zero burden on you. This BS is even based on intent..

You people no dey think ni?

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by premlove(m): 5:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
chidindufrank: Na dis bridge idey wait for since. I can now go ahead and order for a morano. GEJ dey work Buhari dey throw bomb Tinubu dey............
tinubu dey critisize obasanjo dey appoint ibb dey silent
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by IGBOSON1: 5:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
Realdeals: [size=14pt]Soil Testing and Engineering Design till..........2015[/size]

^^^Hehehehe grin grin grin Clearly another time buying ruse technique. Very soon they'll run out of ideas.....it's only a question of time wink

What the fuc/k are they testing!? It's not like Onitsha/Asaba soil is from Uranus!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

Abeg try again.....

And the toll money collected off Ikoyi Link Bridge is going back to the state governemnt aka people of Lagos to bprovide more infrastructures for the people of Lagos unlike in your case, your money is going back to whereever JB came from with zero benefit to you.

You people should be crying really. I mean, after begging for 30 years, he saddled you with decades of tolling and not a direct FG contract award with zero burden on you. This BS is even based on intent..

u re so obsessed wit anything south east. why not move down to owerri
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Anyi3(m): 5:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
Chillypelly:

The abuja-lokoja road you mentioned is executed by dantata, rcc, gitto and bulletine not jb.
don't mind that hater...people just gonna hate without facts...shame on 'em
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
Good one. There is no time to be wasted in developing every part of the country. I think this bridge will have a huge impact in that region when completed.

This is indeed a laudable project.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Yup, now heres a "valid" reason and excuse to pless umblella in next elections.

Finally, after 30yrs of begging and bullying the rest of the country for a Bridge, Eastern Administrators can sit back and enjoy their loot and share more instead of pooling together funds to build more developmental projects.

Hmmmn.... what are they going to beg for next?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

Abeg try again.....

You said "JB is funding the bridge and not the FG". Why not substantiate that lie first? Later you can tell us why you'r crying more than the bereaved.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag: Yup, now heres a "valid" reason and excuse to pless umblella in next elections.

Finally, after 30yrs of begging and bullying the rest of the country for a Bridge, Eastern Administrators can sit back and enjoy their loot and share more instead of pooling together funds to build more developmental projects.

Hmmmn.... what are they going to beg for next?
You call it "begging"? The same way you'v been "begging" for stable power, rehabilitation of Lagos-Ibadan road,etc. When those problems are solved, what will you "beg for next"?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 5:51pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You said "JB is funding the bridge and not the FG". Why not substantiate that lie first? Later you can tell us why you'r crying more than the bereaved.

Ode, do you know the meaning of lies especially after cementing my claims with documented facts...

Please stop Janging...

Questions...

Who is funding the projec?

Who is going to be the toll collector and in whose pocket is the toll money going to?

Answer both questions and shame yourself with the answers...
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by mike404(m): 5:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
addey:

You are a big f..l
YOUR MALEE PONMO THERE angry
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by mike404(m): 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
Garri the 1st:

Abeg keep quiet dia!!

Na 2day FG dey "wash" una??
OGA THE DEVIL WEY ME KNOW BETTER PASS JIHADIST WEY I NO KNOW OO #FACT
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 5:58pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
You call it "begging"? The same way you'v been "begging" for stable power, rehabilitation of Lagos-Ibadan road,etc. When those problems are solved, what will you "beg for next"?

Ummm... Bro, I was born and raised in a place where Electricity is constant: I HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR ELECTRICITY! NEITHER DID MY FATHER, GRANDFATHER, OR GREAT-GRANDFATHER! Can you say the same about your lineage?

2. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE LAGOS-IBANDAN ROAD, HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR IT TO BE REHABILITATED, SO WHY SHOULD I CARE FOR IT? Where do you get these lies you just claimed above, eh, loser?

Wanna be Doctor, show us your picture you hungry oaf and if your neck is not the length of a Giraffe or Ostrich I owe you a day's worth of meals (which I know you badly need thats why youve sold your soul for a token).
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 6:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:

You are wrong, we don't beg, we instead get off our asses and do something hence building many bridges in less than 4 years while your masters are yet to build one in decades.

We not only build our own roads, we take over the ones your weak and incompetent masters refused to take care of.

Fashola wrestled Badagry express away from you because of your incompetence, he wresteled Ikorodu road away from your lazy and incompetent masters, Fashola is side stepping your worthless elctricity system by building his own with underground cables.

Amosun is also fighting to wrestle Ogun roads away from your worthless masters.

We don't beg, we take care of our own destiny and future. Only foolish and lazy people beg other foolish and lazy people..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
mike404: YOUR MALEE PONMO THERE angry

Massobian tout, mind your language! It is easy to abuse someone's parent since it is well-documented and established that you people wake your parents up with a sliding-tackle, an upper-cut or a kick in the groin! Learn some manners village man! grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 6:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Ummm... Bro, I was born and raised in a place where Electricity is constant: I HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR ELECTRICITY! NEITHER DID MY FATHER, GRANDFATHER, OR GREAT-GRANDFATHER! Can you say the same about your lineage?

2. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE LAGOS-IBANDAN ROAD, HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR IT TO BE REHABILITATED, SO WHY SHOULD I CARE FOR IT? Where do you get these lies you just claimed above, eh, loser?

Wanna be Doctor, show us your picture you hungry oaf and if your neck is not the length of a Giraffe or Ostrich I owe you a day's worth of meals (which I know you badly need thats why youve sold your soul for a token).
Mr man,shut up.
You're not making sense.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG:

Massobian tout, mind your language! It is easy to abuse someone's parent since it is well-documented and established that you people wake your parents up with a sliding-tackle, an upper-cut or a kick in the groin! Learn some manners village man! grin grin

Lmaoooo

Everytime you use that "sliding tackle" jab I always bust out laughing.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: Mr man,shut up.
You're not making sense.

Really? And you think you made sense? Yes, you made less sense than that of a tuber of yam or a ton of bricks! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mala Mai Buni: Why APC Will Win Edo, Ondo Governorship Elections / Ortom: Any Fulani Who Comes To Benue As Vigilante Will Go To Jail / Malami Denies Knowing Lawrence Ajodo Who Raided Justice Odili’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.