Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,487 members, 7,819,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:43 PM

Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge (18050 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs / Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Austinodark(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: Why is this not a direct contract award with money on the table for JB to build the bridge from start to finish and get it over with? Why is this based on a common letter of intent and tolling on behalf of JB to recoup construction cost?

Basically, JB is building this bridge and not the FG.

What's wrong with their local and National leaders back east? They don't have enough power or influence to make the FG put money on the table and straight award the contract with firm completion date minus tolling and if they must toll, at least redirect the collected tolls to the region for maintenance and other construction activities?

All that aside gan sef, the real joke is the looming capital flight and fleecing of the potential end users of the bridge via decades of tolling with zero returns to the region.

With so much noise regarding this bridge and after years of begging, there's still no serious intentions on the part of the FG and the SE leaders to get this taken care of pain free and on time..

GEJ is Janging SE all over again...
What is this one saying,bad belle! Fresh Air 2015!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ujoinme: 8:13pm On Jun 25, 2013
Same stupid Paid ACN/ACP clowns spewing the same old tribalistic diatribe on these thread.
This thread is not about tribal/ethnic comparison which seems to be your only area of expertise/interest, the thread is about a second niger bridge that GEJ has awarded, which JB has currently began preliminary work on.

You guys have been taunting us about these bridge for ages. Are you mad that the FG has finally granted our wish?

If you were not beguiled by tribalism you guys should be celebrating the move by GEJ. If you guys genuinely wanted this said bridge to be built.

By the way the bridge is being built in nigeria not some foreign land. who knows some day some of you goons or your family will use the bridge at some point.
what is good for nigeria is good for all the only people that dont see it are goons like you.

The idea of if its not happening in my region, then its not good, is what keeps Nigeria from progressing.The good book says that he that pulls his brother down will remain down himself.

maybe not in the good book but it seems like a wise saying lol.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are wrong, we don't beg, we instead get off our asses and do something hence building many bridges in less than 4 years while your masters are yet to build one in decades.

We not only build our own roads, we take over the ones your weak and incompetent masters refused to take care of.

Fashola wrestled Badagry express away from you because of your incompetence, he wresteled Ikorodu road away from your lazy and incompetent masters, Fashola is side stepping your worthless elctricity system by building his own with underground cables.

Amosun is also fighting to wrestle Ogun roads away from your worthless masters.

We don't beg, we take care of our own destiny and future. Only foolish and lazy people beg other foolish and lazy people..

You claim you dont beg yet you whin all day on NL?

Anyway, the governor of Lagos state was not elected to idle away. He was elected to work- build roads and bridges, provide electricity (yes provide electricity), etc. Same with the President. They all have their role to play. If they fail or hesitate to discharging their responsibility, it is the responsibility of the people to remind them and demand action.

So far, you appear satisfied with the crumbs Fashola has delivered from a whopping N30billion monthly revenue. Fashola rehabilitated roads and some bridges (with toll), but governors with N3billion monthly revenue have done even more. Fashola has been in power for 6yrs now without completing any significant project- the 4th Mainland bridge is still on paper, same with the proposed Airport. The light rail project is taking eternity. And so on. Where then is the N30billion monthly revenue going into? I guess, Tinubu's pocket and to service psycophants like you.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 8:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
ketoprofen:

Guy, yorubas have not done anything for this nation, full stop. the so-called education u talked about is being led by easterners now. so, forget that one. all the inventions and technological advances in nigeria are not thanks to any yoruba.u dont go to school for the sake of it, u use it to change ur environs.u guys are mediocres.

and wrap up all those your crude oil speculations, if sw develops more oil wells 2moro, wat makes u think Rivers wont do the same?

if aligning with the north to become politically relevant again is wat u call political maturity, then i dont mind Rivers ppl being immature.

I am not here to speak for the Yorubas, they can SPEAK for themselves. I just thought I could point out some silly thinking for the poster but now that you jump into the fray, I will highlight you rather weak grasp of the issues. Check, your intellectual capacity:

Yorubas have not done anything for this nation - Without the Yorubas, Nigeria would most likely have remained a colonial egg for many more years before gaining independence
- The ibos might have come closer to succeeding in lording it over more parts of Nigeria but were effectively decimated by the superior strategy, military tactics and organization of the Yorubas.
- The ibos would most likely still live in the forest for they were civilized by the Yorubas who taught them how to read - Bishop Ajayi Crowther
- There will be nothing like Nollywood for the movie industry was pioneered by the Yorubas long before ibos started acting speaking in English
- King Sunny Ade, IK Dairo (MBE), Obey, Kollington, Fela, Femi, etc had been performing in all over the world before any ibo man whether Osadebe or PSquare was known to perform anywhere on this planet.
- The best universities have always been in Yorubaland - UI, Ife, Unilag, etc. Today, the SW has more universities, better universities than any part of Nigeria
- The highest level of academic achievement long before any ibo man or what not.
- The most organized society since the days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, even acknowledged by Azikiwe and Ojukwu, the 'best' ibo man since the ibo race

Let me draw one important distinction, which I would like to hear your views. The Yorubas seem to have no reason whatsoever to try and impress anyone or to prove themselves in anyway. They have done that too convincingly, check their history. These were a people already militarily superior and active since the 1400s! I read and understand that their society does not tolerate any kind of criminal acts as excuse to become rich unlike the ibos where the kids are told that if they do not make it in life and become rich, their voices will never be heard in the village meeting! On the other hand, ibos are strongly driven to prove a point! Now, there is nothing wrong in being driven for a lot of people I know are but it is a personal thing, a persona decision. However, the ibos seem to be struggling with their history and trying to find reasons for self worth! The loss of the civil war for example made them subject to the majority called Nigeria, they can not be respected for Nigeria knows that if the rubber meets the road again, the ibos will be soundly defeated again! The ibos like to project a different mien and hence tout and thump their noses anytime an ibo man does anything of note! If they are in the national team, we hear it is a biafra team. If an ibo man is COAS, we hear it is because the ibos are the superior military power! LWKMD! grin grin If PSquare sings a song or Aki and Pawpaw fly in a plane, we are told it is because ibos are the only ones who can afford to fly on such a jet. If an ibo man builds a house in his village, they snap pictures and inundate NL servers to show the pictures! LWTMB! FYI, my own parents had exclusive houses built in their ancestral lands for vacation purposes as far back as the early 80s! Those houses are as fine and solid as any built today and our house is not the only one in that street! Yet, I have never even thought about it nor think posting the pictures to show you how many duplexes or condos are in my parents neck of the land! But ibos, it is a competition moreso if the road in Abriba is asphalted or graded! I can go on and on. Why do ibos think like this? Your real worth is not in thumping your nose at another man's achievement. That one man is successful does not mean his tribe is automatically successful or better than other people! Anyway, Dr. Osuji is one who has analysed you his people to a T!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Goodbishop: 8:48pm On Jun 25, 2013
Am proud to be a JBN worker, we rule construction companies in naija
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 9:07pm On Jun 25, 2013
Goodbishop: Am proud to be a JBN worker, we rule construction companies in naija

Just tell your people to construct good infrastructure projects when you win contracts and not charge an arm and a leg to build an ordinary bridge! grin grin Is it not the same construction that companies are doing in front of my office here and they are not charging the entire world blind for it?? angry angry
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Ogojohn(m): 9:14pm On Jun 25, 2013
They are not yet on site. until they do. i still dey look.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Fantacy1(m): 10:09pm On Jun 25, 2013
Pix please...seing is believing
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by fabregas04(m): 10:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
GAR3TH: The title is misleading, the only thing JB did is receive a letter of intent from the gov for winning the Bid. They said they are now doing soil sampling and have just started the engineering drawings /design of the bridge. So Nigerian journalism, tell me how they can start construction of the bridge when they haven't even finished the engineering design construction document? The bridge is months, if not years away from construction.
Thnk u my brother. D heading is totally different frm d body, yet pple re just posting rubbish.
Misleading titles just to get your website views is pretty low.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by fabregas04(m): 10:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
[quote author=fabregas04][/quote]thnk u my bro, d heading is totally different frm d body, yet pple re posting rubbish.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by kobikwelu(m): 10:27pm On Jun 25, 2013
See chronic pessimists....they would never see anything good in this country..

even if Jesus Christ comes down from Heaven, they would still find something bad to say...
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nwannaonyeka(m): 6:25am On Jun 26, 2013
Pls where to where will this second Niger bridge pass through? And what is the faith of pple whose property will be affected? There is no specific tym wen dis project will commence and when it will end, i don't knw if they just want to start it and stop on d way, and put d rest of d money into there pocket.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 6:43am On Jun 26, 2013
Okija_juju: PDP

#Fresh Air reached the East..
#Fresh Breeze 2015..
#InJoeWeTrust...

#God Bless Nigeria...
Offcourse,you never dissapoint. Where is Sincere9gerian again? PDP o ni baje o. Up Gej,the best president ever. BULLSHIT. To comment when they finish all long awaited Federal road b4 2015
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 7:11am On Jun 26, 2013
CyberG:

I am not here to speak for the Yorubas, they can SPEAK for themselves. I just thought I could point out some silly thinking for the poster but now that you jump into the fray, I will highlight you rather weak grasp of the issues. Check, your intellectual capacity:

Yorubas have not done anything for this nation - Without the Yorubas, Nigeria would most likely have remained a colonial egg for many more years before gaining independence
- The ibos might have come closer to succeeding in lording it over more parts of Nigeria but were effectively decimated by the superior strategy, military tactics and organization of the Yorubas.
- The ibos would most likely still live in the forest for they were civilized by the Yorubas who taught them how to read - Bishop Ajayi Crowther
- There will be nothing like Nollywood for the movie industry was pioneered by the Yorubas long before ibos started acting speaking in English
- King Sunny Ade, IK Dairo (MBE), Obey, Kollington, Fela, Femi, etc had been performing in all over the world before any ibo man whether Osadebe or PSquare was known to perform anywhere on this planet.
- The best universities have always been in Yorubaland - UI, Ife, Unilag, etc. Today, the SW has more universities, better universities than any part of Nigeria
- The highest level of academic achievement long before any ibo man or what not.
- The most organized society since the days of Chief Obafemi Awolowo, even acknowledged by Azikiwe and Ojukwu, the 'best' ibo man since the ibo race

Let me draw one important distinction, which I would like to hear your views. The Yorubas seem to have no reason whatsoever to try and impress anyone or to prove themselves in anyway. They have done that too convincingly, check their history. These were a people already militarily superior and active since the 1400s! I read and understand that their society does not tolerate any kind of criminal acts as excuse to become rich unlike the ibos where the kids are told that if they do not make it in life and become rich, their voices will never be heard in the village meeting! On the other hand, ibos are strongly driven to prove a point! Now, there is nothing wrong in being driven for a lot of people I know are but it is a personal thing, a persona decision. However, the ibos seem to be struggling with their history and trying to find reasons for self worth! The loss of the civil war for example made them subject to the majority called Nigeria, they can not be respected for Nigeria knows that if the rubber meets the road again, the ibos will be soundly defeated again! The ibos like to project a different mien and hence tout and thump their noses anytime an ibo man does anything of note! If they are in the national team, we hear it is a biafra team. If an ibo man is COAS, we hear it is because the ibos are the superior military power! LWKMD! grin grin If PSquare sings a song or Aki and Pawpaw fly in a plane, we are told it is because ibos are the only ones who can afford to fly on such a jet. If an ibo man builds a house in his village, they snap pictures and inundate NL servers to show the pictures! LWTMB! FYI, my own parents had exclusive houses built in their ancestral lands for vacation purposes as far back as the early 80s! Those houses are as fine and solid as any built today and our house is not the only one in that street! Yet, I have never even thought about it nor think posting the pictures to show you how many duplexes or condos are in my parents neck of the land! But ibos, it is a competition moreso if the road in Abriba is asphalted or graded! I can go on and on. Why do ibos think like this? Your real worth is not in thumping your nose at another man's achievement. That one man is successful does not mean his tribe is automatically successful or better than other people! Anyway, Dr. Osuji is one who has analysed you his people to a T!
You see,i blame it on education. When Obasanjo was president,many popular yoruba activist,wole soyinka readily comes to mind challenged some of his dictatorial policies. Yoruba are the most advanced crop of people in Nigeria. They think for themselves. The same Obj who ruled Nigeria for 8 years lost election in his own ward,when he didnt do anything for his people. I appreciate people whether Hausa,yoruba or igbo. America, russian. . After the death of Yaradua, Obasanjo and few other people stood by Jonathan. He won by landslide in SW cos of his popular SHOELESS,HOMELESS propaganda. We all voted for him thinking he will be the next messiah. A yoruba man, Pastor Adeboye prayed for him,Tinubu supported him against Buhari. Several years into his presidency,with high hopes and expectations, we still have epileptic power, massive corruption, bad roads, thriving economy with little impact on Nigerians. Why won't people express dissappointments and critisism? But when you critisize,our bigoted,hypersensitive,laptop dog a la IGBO SON,OKIJA cries

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by tutaboi(m): 7:58am On Jun 26, 2013
you should have let us know the duration of the project
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 8:00am On Jun 26, 2013
Wait, CyberG, Before i close my eyes and open it, letit be that u have deleted that long unfounded epistle.

what have yorubas done for this country
and what exactly did u just write about nollywood ?
which grp inthe country tops in education today? which particular yoruba is known for sth tangible worldwide, i mean a household name?

Do u really want me to give u a resounding response to that nonsense?

sounding apologetic is what u just did and it aint going to help ur lot either. Igbos have not even bragged enough to match what they should brag about. dont let me descend on u

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by AndrewFlexx9(m): 9:04pm On Jun 26, 2013
Lets hope JB Complete this Project in time...
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 9:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
ketoprofen: Wait, CyberG, Before i close my eyes and open it, letit be that u have deleted that long unfounded epistle.

what have yorubas done for this country
and what exactly did u just write about nollywood ?
which grp inthe country tops in education today? which particular yoruba is known for sth tangible worldwide, i mean a household name?

Do u really want me to give u a resounding response to that nonsense?

sounding apologetic is what u just did and it aint going to help ur lot either. Igbos have not even bragged enough to match what they should brag about. dont let me descend on u

Thunder fire that your useless eyes, let them remain permanently shutdown! grin grin Go and google Herbert Ogunde, Baba Sala, etc and you will quickly learn that while ibos were still locked down in their bushes, the Yorubas were already exporting entertainment, theatre, drama and plays to Europe and America. The funny thing is the Yorubas do not brag or feel any need to justify themselves to anyone, they have nothing to prove to anyone. Ibos on the other hand cannot but justify themselves to the Yorubas and Nigeria in general. Maybe the loss of the war showed that they are not superior and on the same par so they will find any reason to somehow show that they got some going for them! Ibos build a house in their village and they post the pictures like it is an achievement whereas from Yoruba to Hausas and all the minority tribes, they have been building mega houses before ibos made their way back to their village to build a single house. It is true though painful, it must be said! Only people with inferiority complex do exactly what ibos are doing today!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 9:50am On Jun 27, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahaha- joke of the cenury oooooooo. so,u mean i should descend on u?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 9:53am On Jun 27, 2013
hahahahahahahahahahahaha- joke of the cenury oooooooo. so,u mean i should descend on u? try meby posting anoda beggarly comment
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by austinkenneth: 11:47am On Jun 27, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are going to be tolled because JB is funding the bridge and not the FG hence JB tolling you for decades to recoup their money..

Uve started again. Where is the source of your info? GEJ is not fashola and people who'll use the bridge are not we Lagosians who'll keep mum in the face of tolling on several fronts
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by DisGuy: 2:02pm On Sep 18, 2013
how far
Goodbishop: Am proud to be a JBN worker, we rule construction companies in naija

how far with this bridge?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by mankevo(m): 2:11pm On Sep 18, 2013
^^^^^^
It has gone the way of every other PDP noise making
''We will, We shall, We plan......'' Only to be celebrated by their paid agents.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by contactlenz: 2:17pm On Sep 18, 2013
I dey laugh
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by feelamong(m): 2:26pm On Sep 18, 2013
make una tell good bishop to post the pictures of work at the site today or ...
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by geeez: 2:44pm On Sep 18, 2013
feelamong: make una tell good bishop to post the pictures of work at the site today or ...

It's not a bridge but an underground tunnel so you can't see it

For now, Fresh Air is blowing over the waters

Na wa o, a three page thread and not one single picture
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by write2obi(m): 8:59am On May 25, 2015
Two years on... And we still have not seen any significant work their *smh for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Edo Governorship: Makarfi Screens Candidates Issues Certificate Of Clearance / Juliet Ibekaku-Nwagwu In Trouble Over Funds Diversion - Daily Independent / Bode George: Everything About Tinubu Bundle Of Lies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.