Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,478 members, 7,823,114 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge (18051 Views)

Ekiti Govt Begins Work At Airport Site / Julius Berger Begins Road Construction Works In Rivers After 8yrs / Anambra Begins Work On N5.6billion 3 Flyovers In Awka. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 6:04pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are wrong, we don't beg, we instead get off our asses and do something hence building many bridges in less than 4 years while your masters are yet to build one in decades.

We not only build our own roads, we take over the ones your weak and incompetent masters refused to take care of.

Fashola wrestled Badagry express away from you because of your incompetence, he wresteled Ikorodu road away from your lazy and incompetent masters, Fashola is side stepping your worthless elctricity system by building his own with underground cables.

Amosun is also fighting to wrestle Ogun roads away from your worthless masters.

We don't beg, we take care of our own destiny and future. Only foolish and lazy people beg other foolish and lazy people..

Actually you are currently begging your hausa/fulani masters for political relevance.
Idiota.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Lmaoooo

Everytime you use that "sliding tackle" jab I always bust out laughing.

LWTMB! grin grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

Ode, do you know the meaning of lies especially after cementing my claims with documented facts...

Please stop Janging...

Questions...

Who is funding the projec?

Who is going to be the toll collector and in whose pocket is the toll money going to?

Answer both questions and shame yourself with the answers...
Shameless liar. You cannot but tell lies because its in your DNA.

The project is being funded by BOTH JB and FG. FG will provide 30% of the total funds (N30billion) while JB and their partners will provide 70%(N70billion). JB will recoop its investment by tolling the Bridge. PPP arrangements at the federal level is not like the Lagos state govt Tinubu's version of PPP that takes place in Tinubu's bedroom. The paper work of PPP alone at the federal level can take like 2yrs. Everything has to be determined including the total cost of the project and toll fees.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 6:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Lmaoooo

Everytime you use that "sliding tackle" jab I always bust out laughing.

Me sef laugh, that was mad funny..

lmao
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 6:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: Actually you are currently begging your hausa/fulani masters for political relevance.
Idiota.

Oponuchukwu, so, hausa people are selling roads and bridges too?

Village rif raf abeg get lost..
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 6:15pm On Jun 25, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Shameless liar. You cannot but tell lies because its in your DNA.

The project is being funded by BOTH JB and FG. FG will provide 30% of the total funds (N30billion) while JB and their partners will provide 70%(N70billion). JB will recoop its investment by tolling the Bridge. PPP arrangements at the federal level is not like the Lagos state govt Tinubu's version of PPP that takes place in Tinubu's bedroom. The paper work of PPP alone at the federal level can take like 2yrs. Everything has to be determined including the total cost of the project and toll fees.

So, the FG is not funding the bridge right? ...hence JB destined to collect tolls on that bridge from ibo people for 25 years?

So, 25 years worth of toll payments is what ibo people get for their 100% votes and 30 years of beggging?

The FG is basically forcing them to use their own money to build the bridge so he's not doing them any favors and if they are smart, they need to protest, put a stop to this arrangement and make them put up money for a direct contract award with no tolling.

Btw, even after 25 years, the bridge still belongs to the usless FG and not ibo people while toll or no toll, our tolled roads and bridges belongs to us 100%.

We no be mate my friend, level dey..

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Horus(m): 6:28pm On Jun 25, 2013
Any pictures of the work in progress?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 6:35pm On Jun 25, 2013
Horus: Any pictures of the work in progress?

I thought they said they want to test the soil first. Do you mean to see the pictures of them testing the soil? grin grin The pictures is probably the easy part, how will JB come up with N 70 B without tolling Nigerians, and the most regular users of the bridge into oblivion? grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by anonimi: 6:55pm On Jun 25, 2013
You have to give it to the ACN propaganda crew they sure know how to do their job of attack, attack and more relentless attack to negate ANY & ALL good works of Jonathan's administration.

Seeing the comments on this thread comapred with the one on this other thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1336120/fashola-approves-construction-70-roads

it is obvious that PDP needs to get serious about attacking and undermining ACN propaganda.

BTW, when is PDP going to replace Metuh so we can have a more balance propaganda playing field for the better interest of the electorate

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Policewoman(f): 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

So, the FG is not funding the bridge right? ...hence JB destined to collect tolls on that bridge from ibo people for 25 years?

So, 25 years worth of toll payments is what ibo people get for their 100% votes and 30 years of beggging?

The FG is basically forcing them to use their own money to build the bridge so he's not doing them any favors and if they are smart, they need to protest, put a stop to this arrangement and make them put up money for a direct contract award with no tolling.

Btw, even after 25 years, the bridge still belongs to the usless FG and not ibo people while toll or no toll, our tolled roads and bridges belongs to us 100%.

We no be mate my friend, level dey..

Your ACN gimmicks will not work. The SE and SS will give President Jonathan 100% of their votes, with or without the bridge. And what if it is a PPP? Why is it any of your business? Are the people who r gonna pay it complaining? Fashola is busy building on a city dat is a former FEDERAL CAPITAL, and you call that an achievement? Get a life, negro.

5 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Garrithe1st: 6:59pm On Jun 25, 2013
anonimi: You have to give it to the ACN propaganda crew they sure know how to do their job of attack, attack and more relentless attack to negate ANY & ALL good works of Jonathan's administration.

Seeing the comments on this thread comapred with the one on this other thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1336120/fashola-approves-construction-70-roads

it is obvious that PDP needs to get serious about attacking and undermining ACN propaganda.

BTW, when is PDP going to replace Metuh so we can have a more balance propaganda playing field for the better interest of the electorate

Serially disgraced and shamed fellow..

I dey laff ooo!!!

cheesy cheesy
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 7:01pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

Oponuchukwu, so, hausa people are selling roads and bridges too?

Village rif raf abeg get lost..
Dumb-head.
You accuse the SE of "begging" the FG to build the 2nd bridge,while on the other hand,a whole generation of yoruba people have gone cap in hand to the hausa/fulani begging them for political relevance.
What a bunch of spineless cretinns.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 7:03pm On Jun 25, 2013
kingoflag:

Ummm... Bro, I was born and raised in a place where Electricity is constant: I HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR ELECTRICITY! NEITHER DID MY FATHER, GRANDFATHER, OR GREAT-GRANDFATHER! Can you say the same about your lineage?

2. I HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE LAGOS-IBANDAN ROAD, HAVE NEVER BEGGED FOR IT TO BE REHABILITATED, SO WHY SHOULD I CARE FOR IT? Where do you get these lies you just claimed above, eh, loser?

Wanna be Doctor, show us your picture you hungry oaf and if your neck is not the length of a Giraffe or Ostrich I owe you a day's worth of meals (which I know you badly need thats why youve sold your soul for a token).ok we dn hear u, bt nxt tym try 2 b matured, dnt com here to rain insults on pple
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 7:10pm On Jun 25, 2013
Policewoman: Your ACN gimmicks will not work. The SE and SS will give President Jonathan 100% of their votes, with or without the bridge. And what if it is a PPP? Why is it any of your business? Are the people who r gonna pay it complaining? Fashola is busy building on a city dat is a former FEDERAL CAPITAL, and you call that an achievement? Get a life, negro.

It is because the prosperous lands of the Yorubas was deemed far more precious and valuable than the lands of the ibos that the colonial and post-independence administrations sought it fit to choose Lagos as the Federal Capital of Nigeria. Was iboland not in physical existence when the said previous governments moved from Calabar, skipped over the land of your ancestors to move to a choice land hundreds of KMs away? Fashola is doing the job he was chosen and elected to do, building the land of his fathers and ancestors, the Yorubas. Is it his fault that your lands are not so built, not so favoured by God and the gods that granted the Yorubas access to the most viable and visible coastline in continental Nigeria? You cry a lot about Fashola and Lagos but now, the standard of Fashola and Lagos in comparison to your lands is an overkill for your lands should be compared to the resurgent ancient lands of Osun and Oyo State - long blighted by the curse called PDP - the party of your fathers! Their only stock in trade is destruction, killing, etc and desire to hold the SWesterners to their gradualism theories of development and destruction! Thunder fire all of una o! grin grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Policewoman(f): 7:23pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG:

It is because the prosperous lands of the Yorubas was deemed far more precious and valuable than the lands of the ibos that the colonial and post-independence administrations sought it fit to choose Lagos as the Federal Capital of Nigeria. Was iboland not in physical existence when the said previous governments moved from Calabar, skipped over the land of your ancestors to move to a choice land hundreds of KMs away? Fashola is doing the job he was chosen and elected to do, building the land of his fathers and ancestors, the Yorubas. Is it his fault that your lands are not so built, not so favoured by God and the gods that granted the Yorubas access to the most viable and visible coastline in continental Nigeria? You cry a lot about Fashola and Lagos but now, the standard of Fashola and Lagos in comparison to your lands is an overkill for your lands should be compared to the resurgent ancient lands of Osun and Oyo State - long blighted by the curse called PDP - the party of your fathers! Their only stock in trade is destruction, killing, etc and desire to hold the SWesterners to their gradualism theories of development and destruction! Thunder fire all of una o! grin grin grin
My state Rivers is richer than all your SW states combined with d exception of Lagos. Go figure.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Nobody: 7:24pm On Jun 25, 2013
If previous administrations and the current one had been tough on corruption and its causes, 100 billion Naira need not have posed an insurmountable challenge. Primarily because this particular concessionary project comes at too high a cost, let's hope the lessons learnt helps to re-align our priorities within the sphere of nation building.

I will be monitoring further developments at close quarters.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 7:25pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG:

prosperous land of the SW?
I laugh.
Pls tell me,what is prosperous about osun,oyo,ekiti,ogun?
What does these states contributes to the national economy despite parasitically gulping billions and billions of Niger-delta money.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 7:29pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: Dumb-head.
You accuse the SE of "begging" the FG to build the 2nd bridge,while on the other hand,a whole generation of yoruba people have gone cap in hand to the hausa/fulani begging them for political relevance.

I told you village rif raf to get lost, didn't I?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 7:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

I told you village rif raf to get lost, didn't I?
And now,the uncouth ijebu rabid dog arrives.
Slowpoke.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 7:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: prosperous land of the SW?
I laugh.
What does these states contributes to the national economy despite parasitically gulping billions and billions of Niger-delta money.

The same prosperous SW that built so many firsts in Nigeria, in west Africa and Africa before Nigeria and Oil money and Niger delta.

Ndo...
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by solomon111(m): 7:39pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

The same prosperous SW that built so many firsts in Nigeria, in west Africa and Africa before Nigeria and Oil money and Niger delta.

Ndo...
who cares about your "firsts"?
What has that got to do with current economic dung-hill state the SW is?
How has those so-called "firsts" stop the SW from being an un-productive parasite?

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 7:40pm On Jun 25, 2013
Policewoman: My state Rivers is richer than all your SW states combined with d exception of Lagos. Go figure.

Richer in what sense? You wrongly think that because Rivers gets a bigger share of the pudding, they are richer? The way you people reason only shows that your IQ is less than that of a tuber of yam - no offense! angry angry Has it not occurred to you that an arrangement where friends gather to share your own food and money while they have as much or more, and if the friendship is suddenly over, you are royally screwed? There is more Oil in Lagos and Ondo State than all the oil in Nigeria! If Nigeria breaks up, Lagos will own all the oil fields offshore and within its continental shelf! The difference will be that Rivers oil wealth would have been significantly depleted and share whereas you will not get a farthing as soon as Nigeria breaks up! Forget conventional oil, Ondo State sits on top of one of the largest Oil Sands deposit in the whole world, something Canada will earn about $450 B from in the next 25 years yet, in Ondo State, the resource still lies fallow. When Nigeria breaks up, you will not get a cent! Right now, Ondo State alone contributes about 12% of Nigeria's oil wealth, that is more than enough for all the needs of an independent South Western Yoruba country. But that is all about oil which is not a real measure of wealth.

The South West is the pride of the best education Nigeria has to offer from since the 1940's when you people were still living in the thick forest! The population of Ibadan alone is >> than all Rivers State, man power that cannot be created on a dime! The SW without even adding Lagos was far, far superior in everything using agriculture as the mainstay of its economy in the days of regionalism, what is the highest agricultural output of Rivers State since the foundation of the earth? Leadership and administration - the quality of leadership espoused by the Yorubas is something that will never be matched or approached by the entire River State till eternity! Now, need I say more? The SW has one of the largest deposits of other minerals like limestone, gold, etc. A word is enough for the wise!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 7:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

You are going to be tolled because JB is funding the bridge and not the FG hence JB tolling you for decades to recoup their money..

we are up to the task. do u have any other problems?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by CyberG: 7:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: prosperous land of the SW?
I laugh.

Lots, go and read my response to the Policewoman asking similar questions. I know the problem with you people is you are mere little kids running all around like headless chickens! grin grin Una go suffer tay tay for this country if it mistakenly breaks up. All of you MUST stay in the land of your fathers by force and Britain will no longer be obliged to give you visas to escape your hell hole shack country because you will no longer have any silly claims to colonial masters! Abeg, no come South West o because you will be cut off at the Anambra end of the Niger bridge! grin grin
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 7:44pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: Dumb-head.

Everybody dey get FG projects which they are entitled to free of charge, but when it comes to you people, it's always a different story, they are forcing you to pay for your own, they are forcing you to pay for what you really should be getting free of charge with toll money collected from you heading straight to Germany and not your local communities and your mumu bele dey sweet, and your clueless leaders dey look on like mumu while getting pawned over to JB for 25 long years and after begging for the same bridge for 30 long years.

Beg for 30 years

Pay for 25 yars

= 55 Years of pain and misery

ibo ronu
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by anonimi: 7:45pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG:

The South West is the pride of the best education Nigeria has to offer from since the 1940's when you people were still living in the thick forest! The population of Ibadan alone is >> than all Rivers State, man power that cannot be created on a dime! The SW without even adding Lagos was far, far superior in everything using agriculture as the mainstay of its economy in the days of regionalism, what is the highest agricultural output of Rivers State since the foundation of the earth? Leadership and administration - the quality of leadership espoused by the Yorubas is something that will never be matched or approached by the entire River State till eternity! Now, need I say more? The SW has one of the largest deposits of other minerals like limestone, gold, etc. A word is enough for the wise!

Why have you chosen to live on past glories and endure in the land of self-deception

Did you see the infamous Unity schools' cut-off marks by states?
Do you know how much oil from Niger Delta contributes to Nigeria's GDP, forex earnings and federal revenue that is shared monthly in Abuja to states and LGAs?
You need to get real man!!!
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 7:46pm On Jun 25, 2013
ketoprofen:

we are up to the task. do u have any other problems?

What's the task are you up to?
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by EkoIle1: 7:53pm On Jun 25, 2013
solomon111: who cares about your "firsts"?
What has that got to do with current economic dung-hill state the SW is?
How has those so-called "firsts" stop the SW from being an un-productive parasite?

You really should care since you are too daft to add 2 + 2 together.
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 8:00pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile:

What's the task are you up to?

read the posrt i replied that to. u think we are poor like ur folks. anything to get that workto be done
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by ketoprofen(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
CyberG:

Richer in what sense? You wrongly think that because Rivers gets a bigger share of the pudding, they are richer? The way you people reason only shows that your IQ is less than that of a tuber of yam - no offense! angry angry Has it not occurred to you that an arrangement where friends gather to share your own food and money while they have as much or more, and if the friendship is suddenly over, you are royally screwed? There is more Oil in Lagos and Ondo State than all the oil in Nigeria! If Nigeria breaks up, Lagos will own all the oil fields offshore and within its continental shelf! The difference will be that Rivers oil wealth would have been significantly depleted and share whereas you will not get a farthing as soon as Nigeria breaks up! Forget conventional oil, Ondo State sits on top of one of the largest Oil Sands deposit in the whole world, something Canada will earn about $450 B from in the next 25 years yet, in Ondo State, the resource still lies fallow. When Nigeria breaks up, you will not get a cent! Right now, Ondo State alone contributes about 12% of Nigeria's oil wealth, that is more than enough for all the needs of an independent South Western Yoruba country. But that is all about oil which is not a real measure of wealth.

Guy, yorubas have not done anything for this nation, full stop. the so-called education u talked about is being led by easterners now. so, forget that one. all the inventions and technological advances in nigeria are not thanks to any yoruba.u dont go to school for the sake of it, u use it to change ur environs.u guys are mediocres.

and wrap up all those your crude oil speculations, if sw develops more oil wells 2moro, wat makes u think Rivers wont do the same?

if aligning with the north to become politically relevant again is wat u call political maturity, then i dont mind Rivers ppl being immature.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Austinodark(m): 8:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: Why is this not a direct contract award with money on the table for JB to build the bridge from start to finish and get it over with? Why is this based on a common letter of intent and tolling on behalf of JB to recoup construction cost?

Basically, JB is building this bridge and not the FG.

What's wrong with their local and National leaders back east? They don't have enough power or influence to make the FG put money on the table and straight award the contract with firm completion date minus tolling and if they must toll, at least redirect the collected tolls to the region for maintenance and other construction activities?

All that aside gan sef, the real joke is the looming capital flight and fleecing of the potential end users of the bridge via decades of tolling with zero returns to the region.

With so much noise regarding this bridge and after years of begging, there's still no serious intentions on the part of the FG and the SE leaders to get this taken care of pain free and on time..

GEJ is Janging SE all over again...
What is this one saying,bad belle
Re: Julius Berger Begins Work On Second Niger Bridge by Austinodark(m): 8:06pm On Jun 25, 2013
Eko Ile: Why is this not a direct contract award with money on the table for JB to build the bridge from start to finish and get it over with? Why is this based on a common letter of intent and tolling on behalf of JB to recoup construction cost?

Basically, JB is building this bridge and not the FG.

What's wrong with their local and National leaders back east? They don't have enough power or influence to make the FG put money on the table and straight award the contract with firm completion date minus tolling and if they must toll, at least redirect the collected tolls to the region for maintenance and other construction activities?

All that aside gan sef, the real joke is the looming capital flight and fleecing of the potential end users of the bridge via decades of tolling with zero returns to the region.

With so much noise regarding this bridge and after years of begging, there's still no serious intentions on the part of the FG and the SE leaders to get this taken care of pain free and on time..

GEJ is Janging SE all over again...
What is this one saying,bad belle! PDP 2015!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Malami Denies Knowing Lawrence Ajodo Who Raided Justice Odili’s House / We Will Start Going After Those Calling For Coup - Chief Of Defence Staff, Musa / BREAKING: Nasarawa Impeachment: Lawmakers Flee State Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.