Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,615 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:43 PM

Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? (847 Views)

Southerners Erroneously Think The North Is Dependent On The South - Ben Bruce / Why The North Is Not Responding To Charlie Hebdo Cartoons / Awo Lecture: Why North Is A Problem To National Unity – Eminent Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2013
s True that the North is Doomed without the South? The everyday Northern element may not know this and their rich leaders are not telling them. The question is, if the North needs the South, why do they bully the South everytime for power?

What can the North do that the South cannot do? Who is behind the destablization of Northern Nigeria? Is this the work of Southern Nigeria or dumb strategy of the Northern elders to create a sense of insecurity in Nigeria? Is Obama right on doomsday Nigeria prediction? Is that why he is avoiding visiting Nigeria?

Please musiwa, map these questions...
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by bloggernaija: 6:18pm On Jun 25, 2013
not even remotely true.
believe when i say that even right now,the south does not have even 1/4 of the potentials of the north.Merely imposing a 5 naira charge on each basket of tomatoes will generate billions of naira.then you have maize,potatoes,onion,cattles,fruits,sorghum,groundnut,peanuts,beans,yam etc
I am talking about not even trying to do anything other than engaging a reputable tax collecting firm and enforcing compliance.This would require the government giving a lot back as the people will be deamnding answers as to what they are doing with their taxes
we are not even talking solid mineral and the potential for crude oil.
But like what is common amongst Arab countries,there is this oil induced laziness that is not allowing the leaders of the north to think critically.
if someone like dangote can come out of the north,then it is a myth that northerners are not intelligent.i schooled in the north and i now what i am talking about.brilliant northerners may not be as common as you find in the south but when you find one, they are extremely gifted.

This mental laziness is the reason why i am not so keen on sule lamido ,the jigawa governor or any other northern politician.
the young turks ribadu and el rufai are bit better.
However , i do not see the others as nation builders. they only care about themselves.
why
the sheer number of moneyed class from the north is collosal.there are many billionaires from that part but just like ogun state in the southwest, apart from a few,they do not even attempt to put something back into their home state.
If i was a northern strategist , i won't be fighting for the presidency, oil minstry ,aviation,military etc, i will be fighting for and pushing for investments in the

1 ministry of agriculture
2 mineral resources
3 the railways.
those are the key ministry that can make the north.

this link is what we waste our money on.thing we can produce or be self sustaining
http://countries.bridgat.com/Top_Products_Imported_by_Nigeria.html#.UcnjlfnrwWs

basically, nigeria is a dumping ground for good courtesy of Worldbank and IMF agents

3 Likes

Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by kingofpool: 6:34pm On Jun 25, 2013
ask my oga at the top,he can tell u better.......

Outro: second to hmmmm
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by Garrithe1st: 6:42pm On Jun 25, 2013
No region is doomed without the Niger Delta. The North will actually turn out better than it currently is without the "awuuf oyel money". Many of these governors have become alarmingly complacent, ignoring all the economic potentials that are right before their very eyes.

Shameful incompetent oafs!!

cool
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 7:02pm On Jun 25, 2013
Garri the 1st: No region is doomed without the Niger Delta. The North will actually turn out better than it currently is without the "awuuf oyel money". Many of these governors have become alarmingly complacent, ignoring all the economic potentials that are right before their very eyes.

Shameful incompetent oafs!!

cool
grin grin grin grin grin groundnut pyramid abi?
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by Garrithe1st: 7:08pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme:
grin grin grin grin grin groundnut pyramid abi?

You under estimate the potentials of the North and other non-oil producing regions. The reason is simple: You are TOO MYOPIC to reason beyond "our" oil.

Let me ask you: Before Oil were all the regions not doing well??

3 Likes

Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by Geomac: 7:12pm On Jun 25, 2013
OP, you need to stop sniffing pit toilet, it has altered your thinking.
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 9:32pm On Jun 25, 2013
Geomac: OP, you need to stop sniffing pit toilet, it has altered your thinking.
does that work too...lol. You must have done it a couple to know grin grin grin grin
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 9:37pm On Jun 25, 2013
Listen from groundnut pyamid to bomb, guns and pillet praymid, who is fooling who. Spilling of blood instead of watering the soil for crops has become the growth strategy of the North... waiting lazily for monthly allocation without able to generate revenue internally has become the game plan of one building one local government north where people dont even beleive that they should pay for electricity. Who is fooling who.
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by hakanai(m): 9:43pm On Jun 25, 2013
akpomeme: Listen from groundnut pyamid to bomb, guns and pillet praymid, who is fooling who. Spilling of blood instead of watering the soil for crops has become the growth strategy of the North... waiting lazily for monthly allocation without able to generate revenue internally has become the game plan of one building one local government north where people dont even beleive that they should pay for electricity. Who is fooling who.
Hater divde it o! You ethnocentric craziness will not cure the acute poverty in your village
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by Garrithe1st: 1:39am On Jun 26, 2013
akpomeme: Listen from groundnut pyamid to bomb, guns and pillet praymid, who is fooling who. Spilling of blood instead of watering the soil for crops has become the growth strategy of the North... waiting lazily for monthly allocation without able to generate revenue internally has become the game plan of one building one local government north where people dont even beleive that they should pay for electricity. Who is fooling who.

When I saw the topic, I was of the opinion that you were interested in a robust and incisive discussion on a Northern Nigerian that isn't dependent on oil. Sadly, I was wrong about your intention as your subsequent posts revealed you were only interested in expressing your hatred for Northerners.

One whose mental faculty has been corrupted by hatred and bigotry can see nothing good in those he hates passionately. Worse still my previous encounters with you shows you're one who's incapable of defending your stand on issues partly because you lack the requisite level of intelligence to engage in a robust and enlightening debate/discussion.

Keep wallowing in your hateful, shallow and myopic mire and while you're at it you may want to take some time to pity your sorry state of mind and backward and unprogressive mindset.
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by dayokanu(m): 2:59am On Jun 26, 2013
Another senseless thread from the OP

1 Like

Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 10:57am On Jun 26, 2013
Garri the 1st:

When I saw the topic, I was of the opinion that you were interested in a robust and incisive discussion on a Northern Nigerian that isn't dependent on oil. Sadly, I was wrong about your intention as your subsequent posts revealed you were only interested in expressing your hatred for Northerners.

One whose mental faculty has been corrupted by hatred and bigotry can see nothing good in those he hates passionately. Worse still my previous encounters with you shows you're one who's incapable of defending your stand on issues partly because you lack the requisite level of intelligence to engage in a robust and enlightening debate/discussion.

Keep wallowing in your hateful, shallow and myopic mire and while you're at it you may want to take some time to pity your sorry state of mind and backward and unprogressive mindset.

So you imagined you had an encounter with me?...lol you don come again. Nonetheless, the rhetoric questions are meant to start a conversation on where the North will be if the South goes. Yes I resent laziness but no I don’t hate the North.
All the jostle for power shift and zoning is born out of laziness and strategic moves to come and sit on the wealth of a nation produced by another. Isn’t that lazy? It is up to you to agree or north but it is a fact about the laziness of the north that book haram sprang up to create a sense of insecurity because their lazy leaders promised this country hell if Jonathan wins… Well, lazy guys but they kept their promise.
So don’t hate me for my opinion because I don’t hate you for yours. Stop stalking me….lol
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 11:06am On Jun 26, 2013
Garri the 1st like the use of the word "intelligence", one day, you will write and confuse yourself with you assumed progressive depth on issues you barely understand...lol. inception will become your fate. No food for lazy nigaz..
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by slimghost(m): 11:12am On Jun 26, 2013
dayokanu: Another senseless thread from the OP

Senseless post from a Slave of the North.
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 12:22pm On Jun 26, 2013
slimghost:

Senseless post from a Slave of the North.
Lazy dirty northern kings grin grin grin grin grin all the money wen una don steal, wetin una take am do? almajiris everywhere, terrorist everywhere in the north because a hungry man is an anrgy man angry angry Kings of the north, how well have you govern your people. Your father is probably one of the kings thieves from the north
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by citizenisb: 12:24pm On Jun 26, 2013
Please BUY DOLLARS NOW BEFORE THE NIGERIAN NAIRA CRASHES!!!

QE is ending and bond yields are going back up, which will send the Dollar to the stratosphere.

Indian Rupee Drops To Record Low Against Dollar, Gold Crash Accelerates | Zero Hedge
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by slimghost(m): 12:35pm On Jun 26, 2013
akpomeme:
Lazy dirty northern kings grin grin grin grin grin all the money wen una don steal, wetin una take am do? almajiris everywhere, terrorist everywhere in the north because a hungry man is an anrgy man angry angry Kings of the north, how well have you govern your people. Your father is probably one of the kings thieves from the north

Me from the North? shocked shocked shocked Tufiakwa. Amadioha gbukwa gi ebe a. It seems you have comprehension problems. Ndo.
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 12:39pm On Jun 26, 2013
slimghost:

Me from the North? shocked shocked shocked Tufiakwa. Amadioha gbukwa gi ebe a. It seems you have comprehension problems. Ndo.
So you reject the north with spitting in Igbo language and call on Amadioha to strike my enemy not me... how sad? What is wrong with being a northern? you treat them like shiit now abi? Nkita Ikpa dowai onu!!! angry
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by Garrithe1st: 12:40pm On Jun 26, 2013
akpomeme: So you imagined you had an encounter with me?...lol you don come again. Nonetheless, the rhetoric questions are meant to start a conversation on where the North will be if the South goes. Yes I resent laziness but no I don’t hate the North.
All the jostle for power shift and zoning is born out of laziness and strategic moves to come and sit on the wealth of a nation produced by another. Isn’t that lazy? It is up to you to agree or north but it is a fact about the laziness of the north that book haram sprang up to create a sense of insecurity because their lazy leaders promised this country hell if Jonathan wins… Well, lazy guys but they kept their promise.
So don’t hate me for my opinion because I don’t hate you for yours. Stop stalking me….lol

I don't hate you, I just detest your inability to think rationally. Meanwhile the bolded part of your comment is a lie. The aim of this thread is to congregate hateful dolts like yourself who are incapable of rational thought to engage in a verbal slugfest against Northerners.

Meanwhile my you've dodged my earlier question;

Garri the 1st:
Let me ask you: Before Oil were all the regions not doing well??

You can ignore my question if it overwhelms your little brain.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 12:46pm On Jun 26, 2013
Garri the 1st:

I don't hate you, I just detest your inability to think rationally. Meanwhile the bolded part of your comment is a lie. The aim of this thread is to congregate hateful dolts like yourself who are incapable of rational thought to engage in a verbal slugfest against Northerners.

Meanwhile my you've dodged my earlier question;

You can ignore my question if it overwhelms your little brain.....

cheesy cheesy cheesy
I fit doge your question? All the regions were OK. But greed kicked in and the North became sucked up to money same as other regions in all fairnes. Nonetheless, can you tell me the region that has managed our resources most since 1960 up until now? and what have they got to show for it?
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by slimghost(m): 12:47pm On Jun 26, 2013
akpomeme:
So you reject the north with spitting in Igbo language and call on Amadioha to strike my enemy not me... how sad? What is wrong with being a northern? you treat them like shiit now abi? Nkita Ikpa dowai onu!!! angry

Go and learn how to read first bro. Anu mpama

1 Like

Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 12:51pm On Jun 26, 2013
slimghost:

Go and learn how to read first bro. Anu mpama
Isi ewu...Nkita ekuke.. afomainani!!!! angry
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by slimghost(m): 12:53pm On Jun 26, 2013
akpomeme:
Isi ewu...Nkita ekuke.. afomainani!!!! angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Is it True That The North Is Doomed Without The South? by akpomeme(m): 1:08pm On Jun 26, 2013
grin
slimghost: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin no try my language skills here o

(1) (Reply)

Oshiomhole: Massive Oil Theft Inexcusable / Without G-7 Govs, PDP Will Lose In 2015 – Tambuwal / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.