Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,537 members, 7,819,921 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends (63382 Views)

31 Girls Arrested In Hotel By Kano Sharia Police / A Key Suspect Of The Abducted Chibok Girls Arrested. / Master-minder Of The Abduction Of Chibok Girls Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply) (Go Down)

South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2013
She is a south African who loves Nigerians, she is a big fan of Dbanj. She went with her fellow south african girl to visit her Nigerian friends and the police came calling with trumped up charges of drug peddling levelled against the Nigerians. She objected to the crude method they employed and in the process of defending her friends she was arrested with her friends and detained overnight in a jail. She took to twitter this afternoon to narrate her ordeal in the hands of the South african police.

5 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2013

3 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 5:02pm On Jun 27, 2013

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by PresidentT(m): 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
Waoo!
What a country!

10 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by BabaEleko(m): 5:13pm On Jun 27, 2013
Fccuk the police. But this girl for thank her star ooo. If na naija police handle you, u go confess wetin u no commit. Lol

22 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
What have we done to deserve this? The average Nigerian man is peace loving and goes about his business with respect. Na wao....am going to get as many SA friends as possible..

3 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2013

3 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 5:25pm On Jun 27, 2013
I appreciate her courage. This case confirms that the south African police sometimes deliberately plant drugs on Nigerian homes and falsely accuse innocent Nigerians of being drug dealers. I hope she gets full justice.

31 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Abagworo(m): 5:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
They plant drugs just to implicate innocent Nigerians. WTF!

13 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by dasparrow: 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2013
@Post

Na wa o! And some Nigerians after reading this will still go to the travel section to find out how to get visa to South Africa. Nigerians, make una comot for that country oh! You all can read what this young south African lady who is obviously married to a Nigerian man telling by her last name is saying.

The other day, I read a thread here on Nairaland about south African women married to Nigerian men who are protesting the ill treatment their husbands are receiving in the hands of policemen. I know not all South Africans are bad but the negative news I keep reading from that country about how they treat Nigerians leaves me quite speechless.

I tell you, we black people are our own worse enemy. Later on, we will complain that white people are racists when in fact our own hatred for each other will make an average skinhead look like a saint. Anyways, God is watching and no one knows tomorrow. Nigeria may become great tomorrow if we Nigerians can kick out those in office who have chosen not to do anything but sit there and loot our collective treasury dry.

45 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 6:10pm On Jun 27, 2013
The SA girl is also Nigerian......Oyebanjo is a Yoruba name o

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Gbawe: 6:28pm On Jun 27, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

Na wa o! And some Nigerians after reading this will still go to the travel section to find out how to get visa to South Africa. Nigerians, make una comot for that country oh! You all can read what this young south African lady who is obviously married to a Nigerian man telling by her last name is saying.

The other day, I read a thread here on Nairaland about south African women married to Nigerian men who are protesting the ill treatment their husbands are receiving in the hands of policemen. I know not all South Africans are bad but the negative news I keep reading from that country about how they treat Nigerians leaves me quite speechless.

I tell you, we black people are our own worse enemy. Later on, we will complain that white people are racists when in fact our own hatred for each other will make an average skinhead look like a saint. Anyways, God is watching and no one knows tomorrow. Nigeria may become great tomorrow if we Nigerians can kick out those in office who have chosen not to do anything but sit there and loot our collective treasury dry.

I say this here almost every day. The things the eyes of the Nigerian traveller in Africa see should at best only be imagined and never experienced. I am sure probably only Rick Ross can relate here as a business man who has visited many African nations.

Be educated, friendly, refined and ultra-polite as possible. That will not matter at all to those who just basically hate what they think you represent even as they have never met you to know what you are really about. Anyway, I am personally tired of talking about the same issue. Nigerians should just be 'alert' when travelling within Africa.

6 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by chei: 6:43pm On Jun 27, 2013
You don't blame the policemen anyway. Nigerians are a nuisance wherever they go.

10 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Gbawe: 6:44pm On Jun 27, 2013
Abagworo: They plant drugs just to implicate innocent Nigerians. WTF!

Look, you may actually be lynched if there are no witnesses. Some of these people are wickedly backward animals. The killers of Lucky Dube openly stated that they shot him dead because they thought he was Nigerian. This, to even a fool, indicates the high level of tacit xenophobia against Nigerians in SA.

Clearly the killers sought to curry favours by insinuating they thought they were doing society a favour executing someone they all view to be an "animal" unfit to live. I really pity our naive and misguided pan-Africanist brothers on this forum who don't know the brutal reality of Africa today. If some of them can leave their comfort zone to travel the continent, they will know that the black man remains his own biggest enemy.

http://www.africanews.com/site/Killers_We_thought_Dube_was_Nigerian/list_messages/23069

Killers: We thought Dube was Nigerian
Posted on Sunday 8 February 2009 - 07:58
Kingsley Kobo, AfricaNews reporter in Abidjan, Ivory Coast

South African media have reported that the suspected killers of reggae superstar, Lucky Dube, confessed they mistook him for a Nigerian.

This, according to reports, is a clear manifestation of the strong animosity South Africans have towards Nigerian nationals in that country, especially those driving flashy cars and living in nice homes.

Nigerian High Commissioner to South Africa, Brig. Gen. Buba Marwa (rtd) speaking to the South African correspondent of the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on Saturday, reacted with shock to the news that Dube was mistaken to be Nigerian by his killers.

He said it was unacceptable that South Africans would perceive Nigerians with such hatred in spite of Nigeria’s contribution to the liberation of South Africans from the oppressive apartheid regime.

“This kind of situation is unacceptable to us as a people and as a government. What this perception means is, when you’re a Nigerian, you’re not safe here in South Africa,” Marwa lamented.

According to him, the matter would be tabled at the Review Meeting of the Nigeria-South Africa Bi-National Commission later this month in Abuja.

“This matter has to be tabled and tackled before the situation escalates. What if Nigerians at home also decide to maltreat South African nationals there?” he asked. “We must stop it now and get the relationship back where it should be – friendly and acceptability of brotherliness.”

Stressing further, Marwa said, “We are the same people who have toiled together in the past and are still toiling now. We have thousands of Nigerians - professionals and entrepreneurs, who are engaged in hard, decent and legitimate business and contribute to the economy of South Africa.

“If they have laboured hard to legitimately earn their pay, they reserve the right to afford whatever luxury cars of their taste and live out the best life-styles of their desire. It is their entitlement and definitely not a crime for you to live well if you work hard for it. Nigerians should not be seen as criminal elements.”

Assuring numerous Nigerians based in South Africa who called the high commission on the matter, Marwa said they were working on the issue and urged all Nigerians there to remain law-abiding citizens.

8 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by KINGwax(m): 6:48pm On Jun 27, 2013
undecided wetin come 'consign' me? I send u greener pastures?

And by the way, someone shld warn these saffers!!! They wan make e reach to send jes three boko haram wreck their country? angry

**goes back to drinking garri and watching my black and white tv** a dry bread with a peaceful mind.....

7 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 7:17pm On Jun 27, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:
The SA girl is also Nigerian......Oyebanjo is a Yoruba name o
Nope, she is a huge fan of Dbanj. That's why she adopted his surname.

16 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by solomon111(m): 7:22pm On Jun 27, 2013
Na wa o.
Where is that pan-african rossikke sef?
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by emmalexabl(m): 7:42pm On Jun 27, 2013
chei: You don't blame the policemen anyway. Nigerians are a nuisance wherever they go.

ode.,the same way you constitute public nuisance for NL. angry

44 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 27, 2013
Gbawe:

Look, you may actually be lynched if there are no witnesses. Some of these people are wickedly backward animals. The killers of Lucky Dube openly stated that they shot him dead because they thought he was Nigerian. This, to even a fool, indicates the high level of tacit xenophobia against Nigerians in SA.

Clearly the killers sought to curry favours by insinuating they thought they were doing society a favour executing someone they all view to be an "animal" unfit to live. I really pity our naive and misguided pan-Africanist brothers on this forum who don't know the brutal reality of Africa today. If some of them can leave their comfort zone to travel the continent, they will know that the black man remains his own biggest enemy.

http://www.africanews.com/site/Killers_We_thought_Dube_was_Nigerian/list_messages/23069

Gbawe gbawe gbawe.. you always raise this Lucky Dube story as prove of the unfair hatred of Nigerian in South Africa, the context of the quote has been explained to you before but you still insist, which i understand. The people who shot lucky Dube was a Mozambique and Zimbabwean national.

"Just to set the record straight on the
this quote that is quoted without
being used in its full context.
When one of the killer was asked in
court if he didn't know that he was
shooting at Lucky Dube,he said No he
thought he was a Nigerian
drugdealer.Rossentenville is
notoriuolsy known for high
population of Nigerians who deals in
drugs.So the killers thought they
where robbing a drug dealer and
thought they will get lot of money
from him since they know that drug
dealers carries a lot of money on
them.
I don't think it was based on pure
hatred for Nigerians,they saw a flashy
car in the place that is notoriously
known for high drug trafficing mostly
run by Nigerians,they decided to rob
it thinking that the owner who is a
'drugdealer' will be carrying lot of
drugs cash on him,they demanded
money and he said he didn't have
and they started shooting at him."

3 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2013
South Africans will destroy their country if they continue like this...

8 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 8:03pm On Jun 27, 2013
zetdee:

Gbawe gbawe gbawe.. you always raise this Lucky Dube story as prove of the unfair hatred of Nigerian in South Africa, the context of the quote has been explained to you before but you still insist, which i understand. The people who shot lucky Dube was a Mozambique and Zimbabwean national.

them.
That is just the mindset you South Africans have, the man didn't have money and they started shooting at him. You justify violence as long as the receiving end of the violence is a Nigerian, how are we even sure that you are not a member of the gang that killed Lucky dube?

13 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 27, 2013
Inik:
That is just the mindset you South Africans have, the man didn't have money and they started shooting at him. You justify violence as long as the receiving end of the violence is a Nigerian, how are we even sure that you are not a member of the gang that killed Lucky dube?

Lucky Dube's killers were two a Mozambiquen and a South African.

posts modified

www.questia.com/library/1G1-194325539/lucky-dube-shot-from-behind-as-he-moved-to-flee-court

1 Like

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jun 27, 2013
zetdee:

them.
Sir, I understand you're trying to be patriotic hence defending your country.. Let's be realistic here, I perceive you to be one of the exposed lot amongst you all, and I believe you have Nigerian friends too.. If people like you don't challenge this act now, it'll creep up and consume your country before you know it...and trust me, it won't come out nice..

18 Likes

Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by KINGwax(m): 8:19pm On Jun 27, 2013
zetdee:

them.
i cldnt biliv i read dt. thinkin u wanted to say something diff from, 'i tot he was a nigerian' undecided
Re: South-African Girls Arrested For Having Nigerian Friends by Inik(m): 8:46pm On Jun 27, 2013
zetdee:

Lucky Dube's killers was a Mozambiquen and Zimbabwean.
Okay

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (31) (Reply)

Dele Momodu Congratulates Peter Obi As The Running Mate Of Atiku Abubakar / Uruemu Adejinmi Elected As Mayor In Ireland (First Black African Woman) / Analysis Of Nigerian 2006 Census Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.