Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,410 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:28 PM

Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics (29997 Views)

Tribunal Sacks Vincent Bulus In Plateau, Bans Him From Politics For Life / Governor Peter Obi's Multi Billion Naira Mall In Abuja / Governor Peter Obi Defend His Goverment Over Nasir El Rufai Accusations (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by ACM10: 12:29am On Jul 01, 2013
Longeria: I sheds tears to hear this, anyway good things of life hardly last. This is a man who changed Nigeria political landscape forever with his landmark court victories. His prudent financial management proved him as a world class economist. His political fidelity prove him to be a man worthy of of trust. A feminine voice with a lion hear

Please spare us your crocodile tears.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by prodam(m): 12:30am On Jul 01, 2013
Retirement from politics..
Verily, most of us are in err. Someone said he has retired from politics with a flimsy reason that he is not greedy. So public seats as seen by him were meant to be business ventures, for people to come make money and leave for other people.
The important question here is this: what are the modalties involved in retirement from politics.
No Nigerian leader can convince me of retiring from politics or better still none of our current leaders can 'retire' from politics. They will from time to time always have one or two interests to protect. And u called that retirement from politics??..just like someone here said "he shuld nt come in 2015 and say my people say i should go to the senate"..

However it doesn't change the fact that Gov Obi is an achiever

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Longeria(m): 12:31am On Jul 01, 2013
I sheds tears to hear this, anyway good things of life hardly last. This is a man who changed Nigeria political landscape forever with his landmark court victories. His prudent financial management proved him as a world class economist. His political fidelity prove him to be a man worthy of of trust. A feminine voice with a lion heart, a transformer per excellent. I wish you whatever you wish your self. God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by jaytee01(m): 12:37am On Jul 01, 2013
If d party executives are all muslim, so what? The party that parades balanced executives what have they done to make the country better other than looting.I'm a christian bt I will nt be swayed by such STUPID sentiments.On issues, performance track record nay on Nigeria we stand. Nuff said!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Ezechyglo: 12:41am On Jul 01, 2013
he can never please everybody and no leader can ever do that cos even Jesus couldnt. so if u think dat he didnt try sorry its your problem deal with it. Anything u do ppl must talk, maybe we shld try anoda mbadinuju and knw the difference.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Tinoxky: 12:48am On Jul 01, 2013
What more can i say?...THANK you sir and God BLESS!!...i Now understand why EZEIGBO GBURUGBURU, Late chief CHUKWUEMEKA ODIMEGWU OJUKWU held You hands up and said,'THIS IS MY FINAL WISH, VOTE PETER OBI GOVERNOR ANAMBRA STATE', IN 2007....NIGERIA must experience the fresh air soonest.... ATITUDINAL CHANGE IS THEY KEY...

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by obandy: 12:49am On Jul 01, 2013
How i wish Ameachi can toe his path, state speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, sign a life pension for himself, and still wants the vice presidency for another 8 years?
Is it civil service? Or greed?

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by EmperorSeal(m): 12:52am On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10:

Please spare us your crocodile tears.
lmao
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by EmperorSeal(m): 12:56am On Jul 01, 2013
jaytee01: If d party executives are all muslim, so what? The party that parades balanced executives what have they done to make the country better other than looting.I'm a christian bt I will nt be swayed by such STUPID sentiments.On issues, performance track record nay on Nigeria we stand. Nuff said!
U can go ahead with your silly idea until you wake up to discover fulani jihads controlling even your soul, Mtcheeeew

4 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by frankyychiji(f): 1:02am On Jul 01, 2013
drake2005:

Very shameless comment as smugly said with fruit of ignorance.
What makes d comment shameless and smug? Bet u can't explain. U love to listen to your own voice no matter how horrible it sounds. Smdh!

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by frankyychiji(f): 1:06am On Jul 01, 2013
bloglover: I beg am to stay? 4 him mind now im b james bond shey? We nid lite biko, no lite in ma area for d past 2 months oooh
. Lord have mercy. Na peter obi go give u electricity?? Na governor duty?? Abeg close ur dirty mouth u hear.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Okijajuju1(m): 1:10am On Jul 01, 2013
What did he achieve in Anambra State? What did he achieve in the following key areas:

Roads...

Urbanisation of Awka..

Electricity

Security - (AVS)

Economy

Agriculture

Education

Healthcare

Employment

??

When I get satisfactory answers to this, then I will join the bandwagon of mourners..

Until then...

God Bless Anambra State..

Oganiru Anambra.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by frankyychiji(f): 1:12am On Jul 01, 2013
chidindufrank: Good. If a young man like Obi could think of retirement,what stops Buhari from retiring from active politics?

How can Buhari resign? Have you not heard that d lanky prince from daura did not steal during his several tenures in several capacities? Buhari gats to go back to aso rock so that he can steal some money to fund his old age and insure his generations unborn.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 1:13am On Jul 01, 2013
Mkpotu: "UPDATED: OFFICIAL FACE of BUHARI/TINUBU APC (AS SUBMITTED TO INEC)

National Chairman: Abdulkareem Bisi Akande (Muslim)

Deputy National Chairman: Aminu Bello Masari (Muslim)

National Secretary: Tijjani Musa Tumsah. (Muslim)

Deputy National Secretary: Nasir El-Rufai (Muslim)

National Publicity Secreatary.: Lai Muhammed (Muslim)

Deputy National Publicity Secretary: Isa. Chul (Muslim)

National Treasurer: Sadiya Umar Faruq. (Muslim)

National Financial Secretary: Alhaji. Shaibu Musa (Muslim)

National Youth Leader: Abubakar Lado. (Muslim)

National Legal Adviser: Muiz Banire (Muslim)

National Deputy Auditor: Bala Jibrin (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North East: Umar Duhu (Muslim)

National National Vice Chairman, North West: Salisu fagge (Muslim)

National Vice Chairman, North Central: Ahmed Abdullahi Aboki (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, North West: Senator Sule Garo (Muslim)

Zonal Chairman, South West: Yemi Sani (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Muniru Muse (Muslim)

EX-officio Member: Alhaji Yemi Sanusi (Muslim)

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

All as announced by Alhaji Ali Modu Sheriff (Muslim).

Note: No Northern Christian was picked as National Vice Chairman or Zonal Chairman;why?

Is it not unconstitutional for INEC to register this ethno-religious party?
NB: This update is necessary in order to answer frivolous allegations that some names were deliberately omitted. Yes, I had omitted the names of persons like Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere and Otunba Niyi Adebayo who were appointed National Vice Chairman for South-South, South East and South. West respectively and Senator Annie. Okonkwo who was appointed Deputy National Chairman South. The reason is because these positions must of necessity go to persons who are indigenes of the respective geo-political zone. They are really not what I call day-to-day executive and functional positions; they are completely peripheral." concerned Christian Nigerian
Ok well noted. Next topic pls undecided
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by frankyychiji(f): 1:18am On Jul 01, 2013
1025: why won't he retire since his political father(Ojukwu) is no more. an apga gov who is always moving around with a pdp president. maybe he has been looking for federal contracts. he can't fight the battles ahead. abi he wan go manage his mall wey dey abuja? na nice one sha.

If moving with a president of the people who is in PDP is a crime, then Amechi truly deserves what he is getting now cos he is not only moving around with APC, he is also chopping and eating cake and drinking crystal champagne with fashola.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 01, 2013
frankyychiji:

How can Buhari resign? Have you not heard that d lanky prince from daura did not steal during his several tenures in several capacities? Buhari gats to go back to aso rock so that he can steal some money to fund his old age and insure his generations unborn.
maybe by 2031 we shall pity him
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by cjrane: 1:20am On Jul 01, 2013
Gov. Peter Obi had a job,before he ventured into politics.Most Nigerian politicians don't have any job.
That is why they keep running for Senate,President etc and when they rig themselves into a public office of trust,they steal the country blind to support themselves when they are finally forced to retire from politics.

I wish him well and hope he contributes his opinion to the betterment of society.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by frankyychiji(f): 1:27am On Jul 01, 2013
obandy: How i wish Ameachi can toe his path, state speaker for 8 years, governor for 8 years, sign a life pension for himself, and still wants the vice presidency for another 8 years?
Is it civil service? Or greed?
Jamb question.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Zonacom(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2013
Though i criticize some of obi's tactics most times, but the truth still remains that the man has done well. He has laid a foundation.
Oh lord! Please give us a leader that will make our dear state the true LIGHT OF THE NATION
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by felipemadero(m): 1:54am On Jul 01, 2013
mikeansy: no wonder he has been licking the President's backside!

he wants to sort himself out forever

I hope he has the grace to allow Anambra people choose their own future and not impose anyone on the State
sorry o*winks*
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Jeboy(m): 1:57am On Jul 01, 2013
I put bold to say with what he said if I can confirm that he has done well to like 60%, then Peter Obi becomes my role model in Nigeria Politics.
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by felipemadero(m): 2:00am On Jul 01, 2013
prodam: Retirement from politics..
Verily, most of us are in err. Someone said he has retired from politics with a flimsy reason that he is not greedy. So public seats as seen by him were meant to be business ventures, for people to come make money and leave for other people.
The important question here is this: what are the modalties involved in retirement from politics.
No Nigerian leader can convince me of retiring from politics or better still none of our current leaders can 'retire' from politics. They will from time to time always have one or two interests to protect. And u called that retirement from politics??..just like someone here said "he shuld nt come in 2015 and say my people say i should go to the senate"..

However it doesn't change the fact that Gov Obi is an achiever
jst ur thought my friend
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by FILEBE(m): 3:29am On Jul 01, 2013
la_unique: Wow! This is really surprising. Anyway kudos to him. If the likes of buhari, obj, ibb, tinubu etc had done the same, Nigeria would have been better for it.

let him retire first na let us see. I mean full retirement o...without acting as someone else's Godfather!
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by genxris: 4:07am On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10: Radio Biafra is hot on his trail. They have launched savage attacks on his personality. Presently, he is politically weak. If he hangs on to politics a little longer, he will be messed for life. So he decided to quit.
Fork radio biafra,they speak evil against him because he didn't give them breathing space to exist in anambra state. Radio biafra my nyansh

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Deblow: 4:32am On Jul 01, 2013
What usually happens here in nairaland when people react to an event, a news item or a submission by a fellow member is very instructional. ..a lesson in isolation of what happens in the larger society. I have never seen a single item here where people on nairaland in a thread reacted with unity or in agreement with one voice. There must definitely be at least, one dissenting opinion that runs contrary to the general popular or consensus opinion however however reasonable! If Jesus and Muhammed were to be brought to nairaland forum for members to comment on, God forbid, some members will surely cast aspersions on them!
The dangerous aspect of the reactions and opinions is that quarrels are easily generated among members that would shortly dwarf and seek to put the main topic of discussion into oblivion and we will begin to tackle one another on d use of English, morality, discipline etiquette and other sundry issues that bear no relevance to the topic of discussion. Haba! Am not here to laud or condemn what Peter Obi is reported to have done but all am saying is: let us be diplomatic in our reactions according one another the necessary respect and when there is need to have oneness of opinion let it be one. God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by skyfall: 4:51am On Jul 01, 2013

National Women Leader: Sharia Ikeazor (Muslim Convert; Born and Raised in the North)

Note: No Northern Christian was picked as National Vice Chairman or Zonal Chairman;why?

NB: This update is necessary in order to answer frivolous allegations that some names were deliberately omitted. Yes, I had omitted the names of persons like Tom Ikimi, Anyim Nyerere and Otunba Niyi Adebayo who were appointed National Vice Chairman for South-South, South East and South. West respectively and Senator Annie. Okonkwo who was appointed Deputy National Chairman South. The reason is because these positions must of necessity go to persons who are indigenes of the respective geo-political zone. They are really not what I call day-to-day executive and functional positions; they are completely peripheral." concerned Christian Nigerian

It is not unconstitutional for INEC to register them as long as they're not registering the party on religious basis.

The best you can do is not vote for them during elections. Stop spreading religious hatred and bigotry. That's exactly what Boko Haram does and I don't see any difference between you and them.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by biafranqueen: 5:24am On Jul 01, 2013
I agree with all of his points on wasteful government and greed in politics. At least he was bold to say it out. I also believe he will retire and face his business's that he and his younger brother Ndebi set up. 7 billion cash to build the mall in Abuja is better then buying a house in Dubai, at least people will have jobs and everyone will get to use the mall not like one person living in a house every other year. Nigerians are receiving employment from his brewery and we re also getting home brewed beer, so thank you for not being selfish and placing stolen funds in one European bank account. Good luck I look forward to the completions of the projects before you retire from politics in 2014.

1 Like

Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by tstonch: 5:25am On Jul 01, 2013
ACM10: Adaobi retires. . .How this man managed to win the second term is still a mystery to me. God forbid us having such person as our governor.

people like you are blind men with eyes, wonder how you managed to read and write with a brain as fishy as yours and a mind as impoverished as yours... wish i can tell you how but like a pig, you ll always be dirty. SHAME to you ...
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by onyeka205(m): 5:46am On Jul 01, 2013
jaytee01: If d party executives are all muslim, so what? The party that parades balanced executives what have they done to make the country better other than looting.I'm a christian bt I will nt be swayed by such STUPID sentiments.On issues, performance track record nay on Nigeria we stand. Nuff said!

It seems you don't know or understand how sensitive religious issues are in Nigeria and how it affects Nigerian politics and policy of leaders in Nigeria
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by NobleIcon: 5:47am On Jul 01, 2013
1025: why won't he retire since his political father(Ojukwu) is no more. an apga gov who is always moving around with a pdp president. maybe he has been looking for federal contracts. he can't fight the battles ahead. abi he wan go manage his mall wey dey abuja? na nice one sha.
see urxef, after blabbing, u said nice one shall
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by fredharry(m): 5:48am On Jul 01, 2013
Peter obi has done well let's all give kudos to him for bailing out so early unlike other that don't have the intention to quite the stage even when the cround are out of shout
Re: Governor Peter Obi Retires From Politics by Nobody: 6:13am On Jul 01, 2013

Well Nobody asked you to support or like APC, so get Over it!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2023 Elections: Seven Political Parties Merge To Become ‘3rd Force’ Mega Party / Aisha Yesufu Refuses To Stand During Recitation Of National Anthem / Don't Single Out My Administration For Probe: Johnathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.