Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,019 members, 7,814,488 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages (18767 Views)

OPINION POLL: Silent Treatment - Maturity/immaturity? Good OR Bad? / Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Re: How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 08, 2013
debosky:

You, my brother, may be a different species altogether then. grin

I think those who said men are not verbal creatures meant that in many/most cases men are less likely to persist with long verbal exchanges with their spouses. Clearly exceptions exist, and it will also depend on the particular situation in question.

Normally I would assume that but when I read the rest of his post, it became clear that this dude thought it was normal and ok for guys to clam up. That's about as true as saying that pigs fly.

When I fell for a girl, I talked. In fact, throughout the relationship I was the one talking. Perhaps that's not what the average guy does but in a relationship people communicate. Simple as that. Guys are less disposed to chitchat than girls, but they're not less disposed to conflict resolution.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Malnourished Child & mother Inside IDP Camp Borno (Photo) / I Don't Feel Attracted To My Wife Anymore / Is It True That Ladies From Broken Homes Are Not A Good Wife Material?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.