Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,999 members, 7,817,953 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:52 PM

Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki (25074 Views)

ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture. / First Cargo Ships Berth At Onitsha Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by AZeD1(m): 11:32pm On Jul 02, 2013
Am I the only one who thinks the airport at the trade zone is just another waste of money? I'm still trying to figure out what it is with Nigerian leaders and airports.
MMA doesn't handle half the traffic of Heathrow yet the government is planning to build another airport in Lagos?
Someone please explain to me the economic sense.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by slimfit1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 02, 2013
Horus:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUJVzMGbpt4
Lekki Deep Seaport

Useless idea waste of money we need more exports less import. Please
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jul 02, 2013
slim fit :

Useless idea waste of money we need more exports less import. Please

The port will also be used for exports.

10 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by lekanwj(m): 11:41pm On Jul 02, 2013
Bliss4Lyfe:

[size=28pt]
GEJ has done it again, Nigeria Oni Baje Oh . GEJ 2015, PDP 2015[/size]
in your dream. Dream on Alice. No chance for proven failure ever again.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 02, 2013
CFCfan:

The port will also be used for exports.

Don't mind the little boy. He thought ports in Nigeria are only meant for importation of goods. Some of them don't think before they express themselves.

8 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 11:49pm On Jul 02, 2013
"Fashola" should be a subject to be study in Nigerian universities !

4 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ocelot2006(m): 11:50pm On Jul 02, 2013
Mr McJay:

Phool, can't you see that it is LASG first, then FG, then NPA, then Private investors? I guess, you're one of those 'special' but not gifted people, so you'll need a picture to help your brain process the details properly. Check the pics of the commissioning of Eko Atlantic City, you'll see GEJ put in his place.

Unfortunately, he won't be commisioning this one cos in 4 years time, GEJ will be taking hypertension drugs in Kirikiri.

Care to explain how GEJ was "put in his place" during that launch?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by sammybrainy(m): 11:51pm On Jul 02, 2013
Tribalism again? Na wa o. What is it worth anyway. And we are surpose to be grown adults here making suggestions for the good of the country. Well then, dont expext any better from the leaders.(walks away..smh)

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 02, 2013
10k God for dat, @least more hope for d jobless graduates nd d ones dat re yet to graduate too. BUT no tribalism is allowed! cos we re 1 NIGERIA.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jul 02, 2013
undecided Am nt suprised soon the Hausas will also start ranting..WE BUILD ABUJA WITH OUR OWN SWEAT

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Dreamestorical(m): 11:59pm On Jul 02, 2013
This seaport is gonna be big for the Lagos and Nigerian economy. I like it.

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:00am On Jul 03, 2013
A-ZeD:
Am I the only one who thinks the airport at the trade zone is just another waste of money? I'm still trying to figure out what it is with Nigerian leaders and airports.
MMA doesn't handle half the traffic of Heathrow yet the government is planning to build another airport in Lagos?
Someone please explain to me the economic sense.

The present MMA is stretched, and has little room for expansion. The Lekki airport would primarily serve an estimated population of 2 million Lekki residents, and other Lagosians in general. Also, the Lagos area may witness a tourists' invasion within d next decade, which will make the airport useful.
Remember that Dubai has a population of 3 million, yet the Dubai airport handles over 50 million passengers annually.

5 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ocelot2006(m): 12:03am On Jul 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

And what giant strides are the folks you mentioned making?

When was the last time they commissioned anything?

What major and visionary projects do they have going on?

Put your money where your mouth is....

AKWA IBOM
Ibom International Airport: Check. 2nd Phase ongoing.
Ibaka Seaport: Planning phase check.

So basically, you're about to undertake projects we've already executed. Welcome to the club though grin

3 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ocelot2006(m): 12:05am On Jul 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

Are you a comedian...

Are you a learner...
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by AZeD1(m): 12:20am On Jul 03, 2013
CFCfan:

The present MMA is stretched, and has little room for expansion. The Lekki airport would primarily serve an estimated population of 2 million Lekki residents, and other Lagosians in general. Also, the Lagos area may witness a tourists' invasion within d next decade, which will make the airport useful.
Remember that Dubai has a population of 3 million, yet the Dubai airport handles over 50 million passengers annually.
I'm just worried that airport is the last of our problems. We should improve the efficiency of the current ones before spend scarce funds on another one.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Manlado: 12:22am On Jul 03, 2013
ocelot2006:

AKWA IBOM
Ibom International Airport: Check. 2nd Phase ongoing.
Ibaka Seaport: Planning phase check.

So basically, you're about to undertake projects we've already executed. Welcome to the club though grin

How much are you racking-in from your ports?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by igboboy1(m): 12:24am On Jul 03, 2013
Eko Ile:

You mean. Onisha canoe port? Isn't that a yam tuber and. Okporoko warehouse with 2 forklifts. ?

lamp...

LMAO EKo ile i give you this one, you funny....I thought you had just one cap which is the ACN attach dog Ikorodu zone...Apparently you wear another cap as a comedian. I no go lie, i go pay watch you perform.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:29am On Jul 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

I'm just worried that airport is the last of our problems. We should improve the efficiency of the current ones before spend scarce funds on another one.

The LASG won't be the sole financiers of the airport project, the private investors will foot most of the bill. As for the other airports, the FG through FAAN, are embarking on an aggressive remodeling program on them.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by PeterKbaba: 12:34am On Jul 03, 2013
A-ZeD:

The Airport is needed, remember the Eko Atlantic City! The city needs an high class airport too

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by PresidentT(m): 12:37am On Jul 03, 2013
luvable sam: U are actually d learner I tot u were. who told u am IBO or was my earlier written in igbo? By d way am a Nigerian,Born in d West,schooled in d North n served in d east.d problem I av with people like u is dat u are too scared to Travel. So any development dat comes near u is d best.how many states has dis Illi..te.rate been to?.no wonder a person dat doesn't go out thinks his dad's farm is d biggest. Son better go out some more so that u wudnt think an 'opon imo' is worth more than an i-pad.
What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by AZeD1(m): 12:51am On Jul 03, 2013
PeterKbaba:

The Airport is needed, remember the Eko Atlantic City! The city needs an high class airport too
Actually they don't.
CFCfan:

The LASG won't be the sole financiers of the airport project, the private investors will foot most of the bill. As for the other airports, the FG through FAAN, are embarking on an aggressive remodeling program on them.
Aside from the funds to build the new airport, we don't need 2 airports in the same state competing against each other.
As for the FAAN remodeling, most of those airports would be shut down because they are not contributing to the economy.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Army Recaptures And Patrols Baga (Video) / Governor Umahi On Queue During LGA Election In Ebonyi / Gunmen Attack Peter Obi Supporter & Destroy His Car, Insist No Election In SE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.