Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,944 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki (25073 Views)

ENUGU KILLINGS; Charity Begins At Home Not Only In Chibok. Reno Omokri. Picture. / First Cargo Ships Berth At Onitsha Seaport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by kunlesehan(m): 9:13am On Jul 03, 2013
every topic/argument on nairaland always veers towards d tribal/political. ur views will be liked if certain people think/feel u have just stroked their tribalistic/political ego. come on fellas we all have d same colour of blood flowing in our veins. let's luv one anoda, think globally and act locally.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by ekandy(f): 9:21am On Jul 03, 2013
geeez: There was is a country and it is called LAGOS

Looking at the video, I was expecting a rail connection though

By the way, what's happening at Onitsha port? grin
Every day we are hearing dat govt wil crerate jobs 4 the youth. There are sea ports at onitsha, warri, ph and calabar but FG wouldn't fix it order to create jobs 4 nigerians. Lagos is a country on its own. Ride on
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omonnakoda: 9:28am On Jul 03, 2013
ekandy: Every day we are hearing dat govt wil crerate jobs 4 the youth. There are sea ports at onitsha, warri, ph and calabar but FG wouldn't fix it order to create jobs 4 nigerians. Lagos is a country on its own. Ride on
How can there be a sea port at Onitsha when there is no sea at Onitsha

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 03, 2013
omonnakoda: How can there be a sea port at Onitsha when there is no sea at Onitsha

Until the river is dredged, we can't really call it a port.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 9:49am On Jul 03, 2013
This might put Port Harcourt out of Business attract more products to be shipped in and out of Lagos
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by wildchild1: 9:50am On Jul 03, 2013
when i hear about this type of development im always proud to be a Lagosian...Eko o ni baje oooo

Badagry Port very soon grin grin grin i rep Badagry

1 Like

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 9:53am On Jul 03, 2013
Can we push for an Independence state?
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Delafruita(m): 10:01am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

So can we also uproot all Federal Government employees?? lmao!

The same MMA you rubbished would have died a drastic death if not for T.B Joshua (an Ondo man).. Most people coming in to Lagos via that airport came to see T.B Joshua, not your Fashola... (Out of every 5 visitors, 3 came to meet T.B Joshua, an Ondo man).

You see, until you learn to respect other people's tribe, opinions and views, you'll never stop been a f00l..

Have you also taken your time to ponder about the likely benefactor and beneficiary of this massive projects?

We all know those who will only sit back collecting tax and those that will count their containers..

It won't harm you a bit if you swallow your pride a lil and praise the F.G.. The same F.G you hate so much comprises of people all over the federation including Lagosians..

Stop disgracing this nation.
was the bolded supposed to be a joke?as in,really?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Acidosis(m): 10:08am On Jul 03, 2013
Delafruita:
was the bolded supposed to be a joke?as in,really?

Drop N100,000 for a BET and I'll give you all the prove you need...
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omonnakoda: 10:17am On Jul 03, 2013
django1:

Until the river is dredged, we can't really call it a port.
Even if the river is dredged a river is not a sea they are different things
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Acidosis(m): 10:19am On Jul 03, 2013
omar22: Can we push for an Independence state?

No you can't...

Or are you ready to give job to the F.G workers and all the local government workers in Lagos?

The Federal university, polytechnics, colleges, teaching hospital, unity school teachers

All the Federal Government parastasals

Police, Army officers, Naval officers, Civil defence, FRSC workers, PHCN, Customs officers,

All the Federal agency workers in Lagos

Are you ready to feed all the local government workers, who happened to be Lagosians eating Federal government oyel money in millions on monthly basis?

All the pensioners in Lagos on queue waiting for F.G money on monthly basis??

..(just to mention a few)
LMAO! grin

Wait let me ask you, what do you want to feed your people with? Tax money or seaport money?? grin

You guys will never fail to make me laugh grin

Your governor self no go ever try am!
Except y'all are ready to put your own people in abject poverty while the foreigners who own the really big coys and all the private establishments put y'all in bondage!

grin

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Acidosis(m): 10:22am On Jul 03, 2013
Some people actually think Fashola is the one paying all the local government workers in Lagos state
grin
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 10:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

grin

Look Lagos can easily stands alone if they force PAYE tax on all workers in Lagos, fixed Levies or corporate taxes on local business or firms. Lagos State has the funds to make the rest of Nigeria look like Azerbaijan thats with its oil.

Lagos is the business city of Africa alongside Jo'burg, Lagos - London is a premium route in the aviation industry, can you imagine the amount of visa to be issued to non Lagosian resisdents? Am sorry how much is the yearly budget handed to Lagos state compared to Lagos state yearly revenue? firms around the world would be dealing with Lagos state if Lagos gains independence it would be like cutting London away from the whole of UK.

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 10:31am On Jul 03, 2013
Acidosis:

No you can't...

Or are you ready to give job to the F.G workers and all the local government workers in Lagos?

The Federal university, polytechnics, colleges, teaching hospital, unity school teachers

All the Federal Government parastasals

Police, Army officers, Naval officers, Civil defence, FRSC workers, PHCN, Customs officers,

All the Federal agency workers in Lagos

Are you ready to feed all the local government workers, who happened to be Lagosians eating Federal government oyel money in millions on monthly basis?

All the pensioners in Lagos on queue waiting for F.G money on monthly basis??

..(just to mention a few)
LMAO! grin

Wait let me ask you, what do you want to feed your people with? Tax money or seaport money?? grin

You guys will never fail to make me laugh grin

Your governor self no go ever try am!
Except y'all are ready to put your own people in abject poverty while the foreigners who own the really big coys and all the private establishments put y'all in bondage!

grin
y u dey ansa dat guy,he is a learna.I just dey laugh when i hr pple dey call 4 lagos to b an independent state.Dey dnt even know wat is involved.I just dey laugh.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 10:34am On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

Look Lagos can easily stands alone if they force PAYE tax on all workers in Lagos, fixed Levies or corporate taxes on local business or firms. Lagos State has the funds to make the rest of Nigeria look like Azerbaijan thats with their oil.

Lagos is the business city of Africa alongside Jo'burg, Lagos - London is a premium route in the aviation industry, can you imagine the amount of visa to be issued to non Lagosian resisdents? Am sorry how much is the yearly budget handed to Lagos state compared to Lagos state yearly revenue? firms around the world would be dealing with Lagos state if Lagos gains independence it would be like cutting London away from the whole of UK.
hahaha,i swear u dnt even know wat u ar saying.He dey sweet 4 mouth.I laugh.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 10:35am On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: hahaha,i swear u dnt even know wat u ar saying.He dey sweet 4 mouth.I laugh.

All I hear from your end is hot air..

Tell me can Nigeria survive without Lagos State?

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

nigeria can survive wella.Pls Tel me,how old is lagos?
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

nigeria can survive wella.Pls Tel me,how old is lagos?Nd can lagos survive without igbos?
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 12:34pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: nigeria can survive wella.Pls Tel me,how old is lagos?Nd can lagos survive without igbos?

Are you serious? theirs a reason why the Igbo's are trading in Lagos and not in the Igbo land...

Remember over 80% of workers who earns over N100k a month work in Lagos, over 90% of all international business transaction takes place in Lagos. I would say it again remove Lagos would be like removing London from GB!

2 Likes

Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: nigeria can survive wella.Pls Tel me,how old is lagos?

What has that got to do with the price of tea!!!
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

Are you serious? theirs a reason why the Igbo's are trading in Lagos and not in the Igbo land...

Remember over 80% of workers who earns over N100k a month work in Lagos, over 90% of all international business transaction takes place in Lagos. I would say it again remove Lagos would be like removing London from GB!
u 4got to mention d poverty rate in lagos of 64%
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 03, 2013
omar22:

What has that got to do with the price of tea!!!
haha,u cant ansa d question,ansa d question n put d devil into shame....!Dat the one of d oldest(if not d oldest state in nigeria) and d smallest state in nigeria is stil not developed.Mention the areas in lagos that are developed if he pas 5.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 1:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: haha,u cant ansa d question,ansa d question n put d devil into shame....!Dat the one of d oldest(if not d oldest state in nigeria) and d smallest state in nigeria is stil not developed.Mention the areas in lagos that are developed if he pas 5.

You just made my point whats has its age got to do with it been independent, Its still the most developed state in the nation, its the business centre of the nation, I would say it again. Tax from PAYE workers in Lagos could make the rest of Nigeria look like Haiti.
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by omar22(m): 1:10pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: u 4got to mention d poverty rate in lagos of 64%
Theres poverty in large parts of China and India but they are still richer than the US.

Can you imagine the impact some part of Nigeria
Re: Construction Of Seaport, Airport Begins At Lekki by Pdizzle(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
ekt_bear: Lasgidi...so much happening there.
Ah tell u

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aisha Alhassan Aka Mama Taraba Storms Takum. The Home Town Of The Governor / Why Ex-Governor Yari Was In The Security Meeting With Buhari & Governors / Wike, Makinde React To Gbajabiamila’s Alleged Attempt To Impose Minority Leaders

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.