Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,020 members, 7,810,824 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:14 PM

Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 (9243 Views)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 3:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Gbawe:

This is the thing. Let Government at the centre give all corners of Nigeria the tools to grow and develop optimally. The FG should wake up to its role, in this day and age, of being an 'enabler'.
True.
The only we can achieve our collective potential is when the FG starts giving states the full support they need in the maximization of their individual potentials.
Unfortunately,the end to the current status quo seems far away.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by chucky234(m): 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Fashola and Tinubu will never wake up from their dreams, with everything in Lagos from roads to public toilets being tolled to extort Lagosians dry after imposing high taxes with nothing to show for the taxes collected,let alone the internally generated billions as well as the FG monthly allocation.
The Lekki roads,Ikoyi bridge and BRT are all Private Partnership scheme,what has Fashola been doing with our billions?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Ngwakwe: 3:15pm On Jul 03, 2013
Very Good for Nigeria

Abuja - Administrative and Political Capital

Lagos - Commercial and Economic Capital

The only problem remaining is equitable distribution of National Wealth to benefit all of its citizens.

Nigeria future is rather bright because of the doggedness of its citizens.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 3:17pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Very Good for Nigeria

The only problem remaining is equitable distribution of National Wealth to benefit all of its citizens.

Vote APC.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 3:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Very Good for Nigeria

The only person who can do anything about it is fashola.
Though i don't think the power that be will give him chance to run as president.
A VP post in Nigerian politics is useless.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ghboy: 3:23pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=plaindealer]Laogos is destined to be the largest economy after SA especially by the time all the major economics factors and projects like the lagos Badagry express way, the trade some, sea port, lekki refinery, Eko Atlantic, and commercial oil production and the state's participating in commercial oil and gas business come in line.

Their leaders in Lagos are very smart, very focused and forward looking.
--------------
good to know the projects ongoing but dont sound as if other economies are asleep. many are doing their homework
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 3:27pm On Jul 03, 2013
Is Lagos a country? to be among 13th Largest economy in Africa.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 3:29pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omexonomy: what about those agberos and those yaruba women that loves to marry four husband at the same time. Where are we going to put them. Idiota. Sorry for calling you that. Next time say thanks to the igbos for making that possible. https://www.nairaland.com/1345852/failure-pay-market-fee-criminal.

I don't exchange negativity and negative pleasantries, I'm sure there are other negative folks on NL to share your sadness and negativity with and if agbero us lagos is troubling your life and driving you crazy, iron out your issues with them instead of all the insults and anti social comments.

I don't wee the sense and pride in telling people to give you credit for their advancement, if you seriously feel that way, when are you going to start doing yourself the same favor, develop your own land and get the same positive news everyday? Don't you want to develop too?

Why is it so hard for you people to get past this anger, bickering and needless bitterness?

5 Likes

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 3:31pm On Jul 03, 2013
Omexonomy: idiota.just say thanks to the igbos.

Look, stop ruining the thread with your idiocy. Lagos is a place where ability is king. I know your sort are permanently damaged with the supremacist lies you are told but try, now and then, to deal with the reality on the ground to note that many, many exemplary Yorubas are a very solid part of the mix moving Lagos forward and stop the empty and disrespectful "we own Lagos" noise that has no basis in reality.

Below, for example, is the profile of the property developer of the lakepoint Tower I presented the render of above. Ability/talent is the name of the game in Lagos and, sadly for you, ability and talent are not exclusive to any ethnic group even if you have been lied to that this is the case. You can keep fooling yourself but stop coming here daily to brag based on emptiness, lies and a disrespect for others. It is ignorant, ungracious and annoying.

http://lakepointlimited.com/promoters.asp?pid=6

Mr. Oluwatobi Osinowo

Mr. Oluwatobi Osinowo is a developer and entrepreneur. He is the Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Lake Point Limited. Mr. Osinowo is a graduate of Economics from the University of Jos, Nigeria.

He also holds a Masters degree in Business Administration with emphasis in banking and finance from the ESUT Business School.

In 2002, He became an alumnus of Lagos Business School (Pan African University) having completed its Chief Executive Program, Tobi is also a member of the Oxford University Business Alumni (Oxford UK). Over the years, he has attended several professional and executive education programmes in institutions such as Harvard Graduate School of Design/Harvard Business School, Boston, USA, University of Navarra (IESE) Barcelona, Spain, Euromoney Training, Financial Times Property Conferences (UK), Henry Stewart Property Development Master Class (UK) and several leadership, project management and general management courses in Lagos Business School.

He has over 20 years post qualification experience. Prior to starting Lake Point Limited, he worked with African Petroleum Plc (former British Petroleum), First Capital Group - a financial consulting firm and Universal Building Society - a primary mortgage institution.

In 1995, Tobi founded Axial Ventures Limited – A financial advisory brokerage services firm. Axial Ventures under his leadership provided advisory services to a number of businesses ranging from multinationals to financial institutions across different industries in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 3:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
[quote author=ghboy][/quote]The UK was not sleeping when Brazil overtook them.
Japan was not sleeping,when China overtook them.
Egypt was not sleeping,when Nigeria overtook and surpassed them.
Southafrica may not be sleeping,when Nigeria will overtake them.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 3:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
Demswear4u?:
The UK was not sleeping when Brazil overtook them.
Japan was not sleeping,when China overtook them.
Egypt was not sleeping,when Nigeria overtook and surpassed them.
Southafrica may not be sleeping,when Nigeria will overtake them.

Indeed. It is not so much as them "sleeping" but more to do with us utilising our massive potentials optimally. Imagine if we can overcome our Electricity deficit? That would really transform Nigeria in every sense one can concieve. What if we embrace the aggressive pursuit of commercially mining our many mineral endowment found in virtually all States of Nigeria?

We still have a vastly underdeveloped transport and infrastructure sector. Then we can even consider a formal credit sector with good database record-keeping to boost access to individual credit. There is so, so, so much we have not done that makes it obvious our potentials dwarfs SA massively.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by PeterKbaba: 3:44pm On Jul 03, 2013
LAGOS: AFRICA'S OWN BIG APPLE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQWxMT84aG0

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 3:48pm On Jul 03, 2013
Demswear4u?:
pls tell me how much washington DC contributes to the US national Economy.

The district of Colombia contributes 104 billion to the us economy..
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ShineuEye: 4:05pm On Jul 03, 2013
[size=14pt]SECOND TIME THIS HAS BEEN ON THE FRONT PAGE, THIS IS OLD NEWS[/size]
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ZUBY77(m): 4:06pm On Jul 03, 2013
The last time i stopped at Tunis, the capital of Tunisia, it was far better than Lagos and Abuja.
What exactly does GDP translate into?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 4:07pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaindealer:

pheww.
I am sure Abuja has untapped natural resources.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 4:11pm On Jul 03, 2013
ZUBY77: The last time i stopped at Tunis, the capital of Tunisia, it was far better than Lagos and Abuja.
What exactly does GDP translate into?
There are many factors to consider.
Corruption,population density,e.t.c.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 4:12pm On Jul 03, 2013
Demswear4u?:
pheww.
I am sure Abuja has untapped natural resources.

Yes you are tight, abuja has natural corruption resources..
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by toshmann(m): 4:20pm On Jul 03, 2013
ShyM-X:
Impressive.

Hale Lagos!

Lagos is alive!!! wink

I hear the Lagos governor is doing great. That's okay. But our people don't even know where we are supposed to be.

With the size and strength of Lagos, Lagos should be the 5th or at least the 6th largest economy in Africa. After Nigeria, (corruption)
South Africa, (not bad for now)
Egypt( chaos, distatorship?)
Congo (war, corruption, dictatorship)
Lagos ( should be # 5)

Well, better late than never
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaindealer:

just like in dubai,the economy of dubai is mostly driven by outsiders.Morethan half of dubai's population are foreigners mainly 4rm sri lanka,pakitian,india,china,south korea,bangladish,usa and others,they are d main investors in dubai.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 4:32pm On Jul 03, 2013
Emmadani: just like in dubai,the economy of dubai is mostly driven by outsiders.Morethan half of dubai's population are foreigners mainly 4rm sri lanka,pakitian,india,china,south korea,bangladish,usa and others,they are d main investors in dubai.

What's your point?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Ngwakwe: 4:41pm On Jul 03, 2013
Fashola cannot govern a poor State - Fact.

He can be a good Regional Administrator.

You cannot deport a Nigerian according to our constitution but Fashola broke the law and made void the constitution.

Demswear4u?:
The only person who can do anything about it is fashola.
Though i don't think the power that be will give him chance to run as president.
A VP post in Nigerian politics is useless.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 4:42pm On Jul 03, 2013
plaindealer:

I don't exchange negativity and negative pleasantries, I'm sure there are other negative folks on NL to share your sadness and negativity with and if agbero us lagos is troubling your life and driving you crazy, iron out your issues with them instead of all the insults and anti social comments.

I don't wee the sense and pride in telling people to give you credit for their advancement, if you seriously feel that way, when are you going to start doing yourself the same favor, develop your own land and get the same positive news everyday? Don't you want to develop too?

Why is it so hard for you people to get past this anger, bickering and needless bitterness?

So tiring. Every topic here, no matter how positive, has to suffer because of this.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by zuma4k(m): 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2013
obadiah777: ALL NA WASH AS THEY SAY
DAYUMM

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 4:56pm On Jul 03, 2013
toshmann:

I hear the Lagos governor is doing great. That's okay. But our people don't even know where we are supposed to be.

With the size and strength of Lagos, Lagos should be the 5th or at least the 6th largest economy in Africa. After Nigeria, (corruption)
South Africa, (not bad for now)
Egypt( chaos, distatorship?)
Congo (war, corruption, dictatorship)
Lagos ( should be # 5)

Well, better late than never

Your conclusion is spot-on. I think more PPPs (Private-Public sector partnership) would be good because public administrator, while the centre remains less efficient than it can be, have to leverage on funds from the private sector or risk experiencing greater underdevelopment than the case should be.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jul 03, 2013
In a few years, I'm planning on doing business in Nigeria.

Do I have to do my NYSC to do business? cry
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 4:59pm On Jul 03, 2013
Ngwakwe: Fashola cannot govern a poor State - Fact.

He can be a good Regional Administrator.

You can deport a Nigerian according to our constitution but Fashola broke the law and made void the constitution.

That was a very distasteful move by fashola.
Though i believe he should be given the benefit of the doubt at the FG level.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Not a condition for business participation or registration as far as I know but I stand to be corrected.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 5:01pm On Jul 03, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

To work in Nigeria as a Nigerian,you need NYSC.
To invest or transact business,you just need your money.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 03, 2013
Gbawe:

Not a condition for business participation or registration as far as I know but I stand to be corrected.
Demswear4u?:
To work in Nigeria as a Nigerian,you need NYSC.
To invest or transact business,you just need your money.

Nice wink

How about investments? Like let's say I want to buy parts of a company.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Demswear4u: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
Texas.Cowgirl:

Nice wink

How about investments? Like let's say I want to buy parts of a company.
As far as i know,the only thing required is money.
As long as the company is willing to sell.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by ebankole: 5:09pm On Jul 03, 2013
grin

WHY LOT OF FELLA FROM THE OTHER SIDE ALWAYS FEEL AND SPILL BITTER WHEN IT COMES TO ANYRTHING GOOD IN OUR BELOVED SW NA? ehn?
O BOY SW IS COMING UP AND BECOMING GREAT ON A DAILY BASIS-OGUN PPLE IN THE HOUZ I HAIL.OGUN IS ANOTHER ABOUT-BECOMING-GREAT IN THE SW O.
IBADAN KO PLUS ONDO ETC MENN HATER AR GONNA HAV MORE REASON TO8

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Breaking!! Nigeria Can't Find Buyers For Her Oil / Reps Budget Padding Crisis Embarrassing To Apc—timi Frank / 2023: PDP Speaks On Crisis Tearing APC Apart In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.