Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,163 members, 7,811,354 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:02 AM

Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 (9244 Views)

Cote D’ivoire Displaces Nigeria To Emerge Africa’s Top Investor Destination / Latest IMF Figures Show Nigeria As World's 22nd Largest Economy / President-Elect To Emerge Today-Jega (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Katsumoto: 2:44pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emmadani: yoruba is not mainly a tribe in nigeria,it is a tribe in west africa just like hausa.Sum western state in africa speak hausa like niger,mali,chad etc,dats how yoruba is yoruba is also a tribe in togo,benin republic,ghana,siera leone,gambia even in south america "brazil" to b precise...!Bak to d matta,who are dis lagosians?90% of pple in lagos are not necesarily 4rm lagos,pple wil kum 4rm osun,oyo,ondo,ogun,ekiti and say dey are lagosians..!I did my primary nd sec skul in lagos,even b4 u c sumbody dat say he/she is a lagosian,its not easy.Most of dem are 4rm ogun,osun,edo,oyo even delta and d rest igbos...!Even una tinubu,go n research is background he is 4rm osun,even fashola wife na 4rm osun.Even sum of u 4 dis nairaland wil kum 4rm ogun and osun and be shouting eko o ni ba je o...!Lagos na evrybody land,benin,togo,osun,ogun,igbos nd every every,na dem get lagos.

Are you a toddler?

There are Indians, Nigerians, and Jamaicans in London. Does that mean that there are no people originally from London?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 3:12pm On Jul 04, 2013
FG created the conducive atmosphere? Very laughable and definitely not in Lagos. Infact, they created antagonistic and negative atmosphere from blocking the state at every turn from progressing and developing.

Their civilian and military administrators practically destroyed Lagos state that by 1999, the sate was dirty with rotten and neglected state and federal infrastructures and almost unlivable.

The FG blocked the Metro rail Lagos state is spending 3 times the cost on 30 years ago, they denied the state funds for years, FG infrastructures in the state is still rubbish and unmaintained and when the state show up to carry out maintenance, the block and antagonize again and the ones the state fixed,they are yet to collect over N50 billion in refund, they blocked the state's first IPP and basically stunted the state's economic progress that manifested companies leaving the state for neighboring countries because of poor power supply, they objected to the state's effort to reconstruct the Lagos badagry expressway, they initially said no to Eko Atlantic, they prevented the state from participating in the power privatization scheme, they won't even grant Lagos state the special status they've been lobbying for.

In fact, the FG is the state's number one enemy of progress and if not for focused and dedicated leaders Lagos state is blessed with, Lagos go still dey inside shalanga and the FG won't care or lift a finger..

3 Likes

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 7:29pm On Jul 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

Are you a toddler?

There are Indians, Nigerians, and Jamaicans in London. Does that mean that there are no people originally from London?
go n learn d origination of yoruba,or dem no teach u yoruba 4 skul?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jul 04, 2013
Katsumoto:

Why can't the OUTSIDERS make the economy of where they are INSIDERS large?
commercial capital na 4 furniture?
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Katsumoto: 8:09pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emmadani: go n learn d origination of yoruba,or dem no teach u yoruba 4 skul?

No i wasn't taught the history of the yorubas. Please educate me on how the influx of non-lagosians into Lagos implies that Lagos is not a Yoruba State. Please do not disappoint as you have been sounding very confident on this thread.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Katsumoto: 8:16pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emmadani: commercial capital na 4 furniture?

Who designated Lagos as commercial capital? What Bill or decree was passed? Who designated NY and London as global financial centers? Was it the UN that made all these designations including Lagos as commercial capital?

Dont forget my original question - why cant outsiders make the economy of places where they are insiders much larger?

You chaps have no basic understanding of what drives commerce and business, yet you wont hesitate to open your gob as you please.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by plaindealer: 10:00pm On Jul 04, 2013
Emmadani: commercial capital na 4 furniture?

Lagos was a developed state way before Nigeria became Nigeria and the F'Capital.

The FG didn't do anything in Lagos beyond the 2 bridges they built and the roads they refused to maintain.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Dibiachukwu: 10:10pm On Jul 04, 2013
obadiah777: NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WW3. ALL CITIES OF THE WORLD WOULD BE DESTROYED INCLUDING LAGOS
Lagos is already destroyed, maybe they would becoming for slaves grin
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Katsumoto: 10:50pm On Jul 04, 2013
plaindealer:

Lagos was a developed state way before Nigeria became Nigeria and the F'Capital.

The FG didn't do anything in Lagos beyond the 2 bridges they built and the roads they refused to maintain.

And you would think that the FG didnt build any infrastructure in the other states with all the talk from these folks about Lagos being capital.

Or that Lagos wasnt a commercial center before the first British ship sailed into its waters.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 6:04am On Jul 05, 2013
Emmadani: Most of d places in lagos island as a benin name,even d oba of lagos,d king of al d obas in lagos, d attire he wears is a benin attire...!So no body can claim lagos,d yoruba's cannot even claim lagos if nigeria whr to divide 2day.Lagos na everyman land,yoruba man cannot even talk or try to claim lagos..!Even igbo get their own land 4 lagos,dats y u wil hear Lagos bin addressed as the western igboland and yorubaland.So no body get lagos,even pple 4 benin republic and togo get mouth 4 lagos.
lol. Dolt.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 7:19am On Jul 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

No i wasn't taught the history of the yorubas. Please educate me on how the influx of non-lagosians into Lagos implies that Lagos is not a Yoruba State. Please do not disappoint as you have been sounding very confident on this thread.
then go bak to skul,education is neva late.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 7:23am On Jul 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

Who designated Lagos as commercial capital? What Bill or decree was passed? Who designated NY and London as global financial centers? Was it the UN that made all these designations including Lagos as commercial capital?

Dont forget my original question - why cant outsiders make the economy of places where they are insiders much larger?

You chaps have no basic understanding of what drives commerce and business, yet you wont hesitate to open your gob as you please.
u don finish?Clap 4 yasef.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

And you would think that the FG didnt build any infrastructure in the other states with all the talk from these folks about Lagos being capital.

Or that Lagos wasnt a commercial center before the first British ship sailed into its waters.
so u ar tryin to tell me dat FG did not build anytin in lagos when it was d federal capital abi?Dats how an hausa man wil kum n say FG did not build anytin in abuja...!Una try o.Or u want to compare wat FG built in the federal capital to dat of other states?Una wel don o,cari go.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Gbawe: 8:26am On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer: FG created the conducive atmosphere? Very laughable and definitely not in Lagos. Infact, they created antagonistic and negative atmosphere from blocking the state at every turn from progressing and developing.

Their civilian and military administrators practically destroyed Lagos state that by 1999, the sate was dirty with rotten and neglected state and federal infrastructures and almost unlivable.

The FG blocked the Metro rail Lagos state is spending 3 times the cost on 30 years ago, they denied the state funds for years, FG infrastructures in the state is still rubbish and unmaintained and when the state show up to carry out maintenance, the block and antagonize again and the ones the state fixed,they are yet to collect over N50 billion in refund, they blocked the state's first IPP and basically stunted the state's economic progress that manifested companies leaving the state for neighboring countries because of poor power supply, they objected to the state's effort to reconstruct the Lagos badagry expressway, they initially said no to Eko Atlantic, they prevented the state from participating in the power privatization scheme, they won't even grant Lagos state the special status they've been lobbying for.

In fact, the FG is the state's number one enemy of progress and if not for focused and dedicated leaders Lagos state is blessed with, Lagos go still dey inside shalanga and the FG won't care or lift a finger..

Good post. The FG is mainly a nuisance to Lagos. That is the reality of the matter.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by toshmann(m): 8:42pm On Jul 05, 2013
Katsumoto:

Are you a toddler?

And who are the people originally from London? undecided

London was founded by the Romans. After the fall of the Roman Empire the people of Britannia ( today's welsh people) occupied most of the island. Then the Anglo-Saxons (today's English people) invaded from Germanic Europe. Then the Normans (today's scandanavians) came in 1066. Then people started mixing and intermarrying.

So who come get London? If you're talking of those born in London, I know some Yorubas whose grandparents were born in London. Many Jamaicans were born there.
Many white Britons were also born there. So who come get London? Bc no be the British people wey found the city.

However, I don't know the full history of Lagos, so I can't tell who get Lagos. I assume it has belonged to Yorubas ab initio but I don't know. But London has not always belonged to the British. The Romans founded the city.
Re: Lagos To Emerge 13th Largest Economy In Africa By 2014 by Katsumoto: 10:15pm On Jul 05, 2013
toshmann:

And who are the people originally from London? undecided

London was founded by the Romans. After the fall of the Roman Empire the people of Britannia ( today's welsh people) occupied most of the island. Then the Anglo-Saxons (today's English people) invaded from Germanic Europe. Then the Normans (today's scandanavians) came in 1066. Then people started mixing and intermarrying.

So who come get London? If you're talking of those born in London, I know some Yorubas whose grandparents were born in London. Many Jamaicans were born there.
Many white Britons were also born there. So who come get London? Bc no be the British people wey found the city.

However, I don't know the full history of Lagos, so I can't tell who get Lagos. I assume it has belonged to Yorubas ab initio but I don't know. But London has not always belonged to the British. The Romans founded the city.

You went through all that to prove what precisely? You don't understand the concept of conquering, indigenity, and state building. That a land is conquered by a superior power does not mean that there are no people indigenous to the conquered area. An area may be conquered and destroyed, or it may built/developed. If it lacks the systems such as law, policing, taxation, etc, then a conquering nation may put in place these systems and then it can be said that the conquering nation has founded a new nation. For instance, the Romans conquered Britannia and are said to have founded most of its cities because the Britons were primitive. The same Romans conquered Egypt but Egypt already had these systems in place and as such the Romans weren't credited with founding Egypt. So yes, there were indigenous Britons in Britain before the Romans invaded.

The Britons were indigenous to Britannia; the Romans called Britain Britannia and referred to its inhabitants as Britons. The Anglo-Saxons mixed with the Britons from the 6th century and then the Normans added to the mixture from the 11th century. The Normans are indigenous to Normandy, France because they originated from the mixture of the vikings and the indigenous franks and gauls. Lagos was populated firstly by the Awori, who migrated from Ife to Lagos. The Awori were subsequently joined by the Ijebu and Egba.

I can't believe you are comparing Yoruba folks who didn't migrate to London until the 19th century with folks who have been there for ages.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Seyi Tinubu's Wife Is Igbo / Global Exellence Awards Yahaya Bello Governor Of The Year / 9,000 Nigerians In Foreign Prisons - FG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.