Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,250 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:44 AM

Giving Birth In Canada - Travel (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Giving Birth In Canada (682673 Views)

Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 4 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (167) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Dayzeeray: 8:01pm On Sep 05, 2016
shinarambo1:

haba...check cic website nah. Everything that needs to be in the letter is listed on their website clear and concise.

Okay. Thank you very much.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:58pm On Sep 06, 2016
Na wah for u ooo. This is why ppl.have to read through the thread and only ask questions u didn't see . Well someone Don answer u not like I was going to answer anywayz cuz I have said it that I won't repeat myself on the thread. Nigerians should form the habit of reading.

Safe delivery

jinyeid:
Hello again everyone smiley

I've mentioned before that I received the visa and mentioned all the details for everyone's benefit. and now am already there in Toronto and have been searching for an OB/GYN in Brampton (as I want to deliver in Brampton Civic Hospital) but with no luck and even the family doctor I found was in Mississauga and she said that she can't refer me to someone in Brampton as she only knows/deals with OB/GYNs in Mississauga, so please if anyone knows an OB/GYN who I can contact directly or a helpful family doctor in Brampton please give me the contacts as am 34 weeks already and almost there since am delivering C-Section and my due date is 15th of September!!

Please Please Please I need your support sad

Thanks in advance...
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Hotstepper(f): 12:59pm On Sep 06, 2016
I don't know. These info is on this thread so read up.

Good luck

nnennia2401:

Pls Hotstepper if u still read this thread, I am 24wks Preggy and I want to apply for Canadian visa cos I want deliver there. How should I apply and am I supposed to tell them that my reason for going is cos I want to deliver or should we just apply for visa and the stay back for the birth. Pls can u give me the guidelines for the visa application. I will be going with my husband who is also a doctor here in Nigeria. Pls can u recommend a cheaper hospital or midwife and the breakdown of the cost of delivery both VD and CS. Can they turn one back at the point of entry because of the preggy. Pls I need the information urgent because I want to apply before I get to 30wks cos some airlines will not agree to carry one after that period. I want to have the flexibility to choose what I want now and not have to be forced to take anything else cos of time. I hope to hear from u soon.
I have read a lot of good testimonies about and I hope to give mine too one day and tell my own experience.
Thanks for your anticipated response.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 10:56pm On Sep 06, 2016
hello , please anybody who has idea as Canada family sponsor visa
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Didysal: 8:00am On Sep 07, 2016
Please can any one help with how to find accomodation in Brampto. Most renters want long term stay and we need for 3 months

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rogersswing: 7:48am On Sep 09, 2016
Please am new on this thread, and this is my first post. Am so happy with what I read. Am 2 months pregnant and I planned to give birth in Canada, Montreal to be precise. I was in Canada with a visitors visa last year and the visa I got it in 2012 when they have not started biometrics. When I got into Canada last years I submitted a student application but later withdrew it cos I was told I needed to submit from outside Canada. And presently me and hubby have submitted our residency application form, which he is the principal applicant.
My question is, if am applying for this visa now, should I apply for medical or just visitors visa like I normally do?, will the student application I submitted while in Canada last year affect this application? Although I have not ten printed and will our ongoing permanent residency application affect it. Am going alone without my hubby and my brother who is a citizen is helping out with the invitation.
I will not also mind if a can get a cheap birth package. Thank you so much
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by IyawoToBe(f): 5:28pm On Sep 09, 2016
Rogersswing:
Please am new on this thread, and this is my first post. Am so happy with what I read. Am 2 months pregnant and I planned to give birth in Canada, Montreal to be precise. I was in Canada with a visitors visa last year and the visa I got it in 2012 when they have not started biometrics. When I got into Canada last years I submitted a student application but later withdrew it cos I was told I needed to submit from outside Canada. And presently me and hubby have submitted our residency application form, which he is the principal applicant.
My question is, if am applying for this visa now, should I apply for medical or just visitors visa like I normally do?, will the student application I submitted while in Canada last year affect this application? Although I have not ten printed and will our ongoing permanent residency application affect it. Am going alone without my hubby and my brother who is a citizen is helping out with the invitation.
I will not also mind if a can get a cheap birth package. Thank you so much
Pls is there a seperate form for medical visa ?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by sugah: 7:14pm On Sep 09, 2016
Hotstepper:

Na wah for u ooo. This is why ppl.have to read through the thread and only ask questions u didn't see . Well someone Don answer u not like I was going to answer anywayz cuz I have said it that I won't repeat myself on the thread. Nigerians should form the habit of reading.
Safe delivery
Ever heard of the saying "if you want to hide something from a Nigerian, hide it in a book"? grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Rogersswing: 10:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
Should I declare am going to give birth? And will my application for permanent residency affect my visa application?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by SlowlybtSurely: 6:25am On Sep 11, 2016
Rogersswing:
Should I declare am going to give birth? And will my application for permanent residency affect my visa application?

If you have already submitted your application for PR, you will be wasting your time applying for a TRV as it will be almost impossible for it to be successful.

You have an immigrant intent which defies the aim of a TRV.

All you can do now is hope your PR pulls through before baby comes so you can travel quickly.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 6:15pm On Sep 12, 2016
hello, please what is d duration for processing of Canada sponsored visa family class n duration for PR visa.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MayMaj(f): 9:34am On Sep 13, 2016
dailydolar:
. Was your visa medical or tourist

God bless you dailydolar for giving back to the house. Am inspired by your post. Please did you rent accommodation while in Canada? If u did pls how much did you pay per month? Please can i PM you?

Thanks and have a blessed day. Regards to LO
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MayMaj(f): 9:36am On Sep 13, 2016
jinnyz:
U can go any day on weekdays apart from public holiday. I used Abuja, just walk in submit, pay & do ur biometrics no appointment is needed. I applied in May this year and in less than a month they posted my passport with Visa granted.

Please how much does Canada visa application cost in Nigeria?

Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by MayMaj(f): 9:40am On Sep 13, 2016
nnennia2401:

Hello pls can u kindly tell me how u applied and what are requested of u by the embassy. Did u apply before or after u got pregnant. on what grounds did u apply visit or medical? pls kindly reply to let me know cos I want apply too. tnx

Please any info on how application was done will be useful please plus where to get an affordable rented accommodation for duration of stay in Canada.

One love house
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

If you have already submitted your application for PR, you will be wasting your time applying for a TRV as it will be almost impossible for it to be successful.

All you can do now is hope your PR pulls through before baby comes so you can travel quickly.

All the best.

Do they generally reject people with a pending PR application and also applying for TRV or from statistics the denial rate is high?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 9:28am On Sep 14, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

All the best.

Do they general reject people with a pending PR application and also applying for TRV or from statistics the denial rate is high?
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by SlowlybtSurely: 9:30am On Sep 14, 2016
hopefulme:

Do they generally reject people with a pending PR application and also applying for TRV or from statistics the denial rate is high?

99.9% of the time, such applications will be rejected.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by hopefulme: 9:40am On Sep 14, 2016
SlowlybtSurely:

99.9% of the time, such applications will be rejected.

That is so high ooo. Even with the dual intent explanation in the IRCC law. Even if you have a TRV, travelled like 4times and renewing when you have a PR application in progress, the result is likely to be denial from this 99.9% probability.Na wa oo sad sad sad .
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by SlowlybtSurely: 9:43am On Sep 14, 2016
hopefulme:

That is so high ooo. Even with the dual intent explanation in the IRCC law. Even if you have a TRV, travelled like 4times and renewing when you have a PR application in progress, the result is likely to be denial from this 99.9% probability.Na wa oo sad sad sad .

True that. US does it too.
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Omodun: 10:00pm On Sep 15, 2016
Hi Hotstepper,

Please Please Please I need your help urgently!!!

I just had my baby here in Toronto and am in the process of obtaining an emergency travel Certificate for the Child so that we can travel back to Nigeria. Please can you help with your contact in the Nigerian Embassy so that we can process Certificate ASAP.

Regards
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajobi21: 6:16pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good evening house. Please, for those that have done online application before, kindly come to my rescue. The form about representing family members (IMM5713) is not allowing me to save on my system and upload.Did you have to print, fill and upload. Your kind response will be appreciated. Thanks
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 7:48pm On Sep 23, 2016
Hello Ajobi...i thought you didn't want to go the online route? PLEASE my candid advice is to do the paper application if time is a factor to consider....

I have applied since June 10, 2016 online, no updates till now...go to the Tourist Visa section, you would see some who have 133 days application. Average time for paper applications here on Nairaland is like 8 weeks.

Please consider this. I heard online applications used to be very fast. From my own experience, this is not so currently. Good luck.

smiley[b][/b]
ajobi21:
Good evening house. Please, for those that have done online application before, kindly come to my rescue. The form about representing family members (IMM5713) is not allowing me to save on my system and upload.Did you have to print, fill and upload. Your kind response will be appreciated. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 8:49pm On Sep 25, 2016
dailydolar:
. Was your visa medical or tourist

Tourist.

Please pardon the delay in response....took a while before I could resolve my sign-in issues!

I have really missed this thread....

Hello HOTSTEPPER...regards to your family!
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by ajobi21: 8:26am On Sep 26, 2016
[quote author=soletar post=49616787]
Hello Ajobi...i thought you didn't want to go the online route? PLEASE my candid advice is to do the paper application if time is a factor to consider....

@soletar...wow!! that is strange o...and I hear online is faster. Now I'm very confused. Hmm..i will have to rethink things then
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 26, 2016
Ajobi...go to the Tourist Visa Canada section and see for yourself...I haven't received a response since June 10...plenty of people have the same issue too
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by toughdad: 12:52am On Sep 27, 2016
Hotstepper:

Read from.pg 1 to 31

Good Day Hotstepper, I am currently in Canada and just had a baby, i'm looking to get a contact for someone at the Nigerian embassy to help with baby passport documents, I'm.on Edmonton.

Re: Giving Birth In Canada by Bosayo: 3:31pm On Sep 27, 2016
Hi Hotstepper,

I want to appreciate the good work you are doing here. I have been following the thread for a while now.

I want to apply for tourist visa with my family and will also use the visa for delivery. I dont know whether to indicate this fact in my application.
I have not seen anywhere on the thread that this has been dealt with.
Thanks you
Re: Giving Birth In Canada by JESUnifemi4eva: 10:36am On Sep 29, 2016
Hi Adluv,

Congratulations on the birth of your baby.

I will send you a PM with the details of Hotstepper's contact.

Regards

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (167) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.