Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,910 members, 7,835,036 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (133532 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 3:25am On Nov 09, 2013
@yellow pawpaw thanks a lot for that, i am sorry if the above post sounded somehow, i apologised to everyone, all your comments really mean so much to me, they have helped me in so many ways, i am very grateful to you all. That post will be modified
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:21am On Nov 09, 2013
Thanks 2 for listening Afunky.
Sorry I have to be a little harsh to drive in that point.

There is one important thing I will tell u.
Flow with a postive mind always. Its product is always a suprising. I don't know ur religion but pls start by saying positive prayer for all these pple around u. U can externalise it starting from ur dad. U know, our culture made it impossible to vocaly compliment elders. Eg, ur dad. U can suprise him by telling him he is ur hero one day, or I lv u daddy or write it on a piece of paper and put inside his pocket. U can extend it by apologising to him(even if u didn't do anything wrong.Remember the aim is to win his heart) trust me, words like this from a daughter to a father must def move him. Add wonderful actions to it. He will work on ur step mum. At first they may be shocked and suprised but hey, they will come around.
Ur step mum is ur second mum. Nobody is born a devil. Its programming. Follow the same method for ur step mum but show more of it in ur actions rather than words. These two r whom u need most. Her children r ur little darlings too. Let genuine lv flow from ur heart towards them. Remember ur younger one is watching.
I tell u it won't be up to two months u will tell us a diff story.
As for the step mum sis, be respectful and don't overly bother urself. Ur step mum will handle her once u win her over. Just be genuine.
Now to ur weight. Common, If I were ur sis, I will shout down d roof on u. What!
Don't u know the health risks involved? U r yet to marry, hv kids, go on contraceptives(which makes most women gain a lot of weight).
Don't u like all these fine slim gals?( I didn't say u should be skinny o!) Wear sexy clothes? It will also boast ur self esteem. Jog around. Brisk walk instead of biking or entering taxi. Most importantly watch what we eat. Eat to live and not live to eat.
U will feel amazing if u can drop 10kg. Its for ur own good in d future. If u make that a habit, it will help u in ur adult life.

Now I hv a little assignment for u. There is one guy called itire that said he want to commit suicide few days ago on this section. Look for his thread. Read his story and reach out to him. He is a sickler. Can u c u r better than some people? This will also help u to c things differently.
Don't worry, ur mourning will turn to singing and dancing very soon.
May God give u strength.
Ur late mum is watching in 3D and will be proud of u!

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 3:08pm On Nov 09, 2013
@yellow pawpaw thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Toyinletstalk(f): 4:46pm On Nov 12, 2013
Please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! for everyone feeling suicidal. Don't!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, please talk to someone, you might just find all the answers you are looking for in another. I am available to be a listening ear. I am not here to judge anyone or criticize you. All i want to do is be your friend and help you move forward. send a mail to; toyin.letstalkabout@gmail.com. I am here. God is there with you. God bless.

Also visit our facebook page: www.facebook.com/toyin.letstalk.

Above all it is completely free!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by fidatt(f): 11:51am On Nov 13, 2013
Committing Suicide is bad. The best thing to do is pray.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by maclatunji: 12:24pm On Nov 13, 2013
I just read the stories of the last 3 people who are suicidal and I have to say I feel for you but you see you need to know that your greatest weapon against all of your travails is your mind. You need to be at peace with yourself before you relate with the world.

What you need to do is ignore the negatives that get thrown at you and stay positive. I know it is not easy and you might need some help to achieve this things.

Let me see if I can help.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Kudos2rich(f): 10:49am On Nov 15, 2013
Today, November 15th 2013 is my birthday but my heart is filled with so much sorrow, bitterness, sadness n depression. Why are my not being loved by the ones I cared about? Why are my so bored n lonely in this life? Why are my living an unfullfilled life @ 32? Why am I not being appreciated, encouraged and empowered to be whom I had always wanted to be in life? Why don't my spouse believe in me? I have completed my nysc program but restricted by my spouse to work or do business. He's just a banker n I depend on him for everything but its not as if he gives me money to take care of myself. He gives me N20,000 monthly for feeding (3 children, a maid, myself n him) and house-keep, which is barely enough to last for 2 weeks. I have since lost faith in God due to frustration and most times I feel like runing away from home or even end it all but for the sake of my children. My life is so empty. What can I do to better myself. Please I need your advice.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Les: 2:49pm On Nov 15, 2013
Kudos2rich: Today, November 15th 2013 is my birthday but my heart is filled with so much sorrow, bitterness, sadness n depression. Why are my not being loved by the ones I cared about? Why are my so bored n lonely in this life? Why are my living an unfullfilled life @ 32? Why am I not being appreciated, encouraged and empowered to be whom I had always wanted to be in life? Why don't my spouse believe in me? I have completed my nysc program but restricted by my spouse to work or do business. He's just a banker n I depend on him for everything but its not as if he gives me money to take care of myself. He gives me N20,000 monthly for feeding (3 children, a maid, myself n him) and house-keep, which is barely enough to last for 2 weeks. I have since lost faith in God due to frustration and most times I feel like runing away from home or even end it all but for the sake of my children. My life is so empty. What can I do to better myself. Please I need your advice.
first of all, happy birthday.... Cool down, help is coming and you did the right thing coming here, I'm a witness cause I used to feel that way before and even worse but now??cool

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 4:43pm On Nov 15, 2013
Les: first of all, happy birthday.... Cool down, help is coming and you did the right thing coming here, I'm a witness cause I used to feel that way before and even worse but now??cool

Glad you feel better. Big hugs, tight squeeze, and plenty kisses. kiss kiss kiss
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 4:47pm On Nov 15, 2013
Soo many posts since the last time i have been here. awww
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Les: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2013
baby_123:

Glad you feel better. Big hugs, tight squeeze, and plenty kisses. kiss kiss kiss
thank you alot.... Someone needs your help above...
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 5:16pm On Nov 15, 2013
Kudos2rich: Today, November 15th 2013 is my birthday but my heart is filled with so much sorrow, bitterness, sadness n depression. Why are my not being loved by the ones I cared about? Why are my so bored n lonely in this life? Why are my living an unfullfilled life @ 32? Why am I not being appreciated, encouraged and empowered to be whom I had always wanted to be in life? Why don't my spouse believe in me? I have completed my nysc program but restricted by my spouse to work or do business. He's just a banker n I depend on him for everything but its not as if he gives me money to take care of myself. He gives me N20,000 monthly for feeding (3 children, a maid, myself n him) and house-keep, which is barely enough to last for 2 weeks. I have since lost faith in God due to frustration and most times I feel like runing away from home or even end it all but for the sake of my children. My life is so empty. What can I do to better myself. Please I need your advice.

Kudos2rich, you seem to be blaming everyone else for not doing this and that for you. You seem to think everyone should owe you, when it seems you almost have it all. In this life, no one owes you anything at all. You have to work for what you want to have and you have to earn whatever love ou desire. Are you someone that allows yourself to be loved? Do you love yourself? No one can love you if you dont love yourself.

Your husband is asking you to work or do a business because he sees that you being productive can only add to the richness of your life together. This man that is trying for you, and you are just sitting at home complaining about everything and how everyone doesnt understand you. All you can repay him with is bitterness, sadness and depression? Who exactly are these people whom you want to love you so much. Look around you and read this thread, how many people have what you have?

It is time to start to count your blessings and name them one by one. Go on your knees and apologise to God. You have a good husband, and your children are healthy. You dont have to worry about where your next meal will come from, and you can even afford to have a housegirl. Do you see where i am going with this? I want you to be honest about what is making you depressed? I cant seem to place my hands on it. I think maybe you need to get out of the house, and engage your mind in a business or job. You will be out there interacting with people, and making money. You will not be bored, and you will finally have a purpose in life.

Being 32 is not the end of the world, it is the beginning. It is not how fast but how well. Imagine if you live to 92, you have 60years to do what you want. If only you will start now. Life waits for no man, procrastination is the beginning of all failures. I wish you success in all your endeavors, but i think when you begin to thank God for his blessings and be appreciative, so much more will be added to you. Even this breath we breathe every morning, it is to the glory of God, and that is the least we should be grateful for. Do you see how afunkybaby feels about losing her mum?

Think well about your kids and do the best you can to be there for them. Life is not about you anymore. You have people looking up to you and the choices you make can change their lives in a very bad way. Make the conscious effort to be appreciative of all you have, and be glad that you are alive to see these beautiful children become who they want to be. And that you are there to provide and guide them through whatever storms you may face as a family. Your husband and kids need you, your family needs you. You are loved by them and that is what matters above all.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2013
Maybe i got it wrong. Kudos2rich, do you mean your spouse does not let you work or do business? And 20knaira is a lot for some. Maybe you need to manage the household better. That is some peoples salary and they still eat. You need to talk to your husband about how this is affecting you if he is restricting you from work. You need to show him this thread so he can understand how you feel. If he wants you to work then refer to my post above. Your post is not too clear.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by troy20(m): 5:16pm On Nov 17, 2013
i cant believe am doing this.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Idowuogbo(f): 5:53pm On Nov 17, 2013
troy20: i cant believe am doing this.
Doing what? C'mon talk to me.. Wots wrong?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by maclatunji: 6:10pm On Nov 17, 2013

Love starts with you. Love yourself first before wanting other people to love you. Let your husband know that you are unhappy about the current state of affairs and highlight ways you think things can improve.

Your husband may be tough but I am sure he does not want you dead or even depressed.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Nov 17, 2013
Kudos, happy birthday. May it go well with u.

I read and reread ur post madam, I must say that I really didn't get u.
I also don't want to jump into conclusions either.
Pls, is 20k for utility and house maintainance or house maintainance only?
Is ur hubby handling major project?
How much is he earning?
Is he supporting extended family?
A lot of questions to be answered.

Aside these, I don't think u need a maid in ur house.
I can only advise the best way I can if only these questions r answered.
Most importantly, u owe it to urself to be happy. Its a choice.
Remain blessed.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Mynd44: 4:46am On Nov 18, 2013
Hmmm
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by zeuskyrocky(m): 7:43am On Nov 18, 2013
My name is Jude and i am from Anambra state.Am the first Son in the family of 5 siblings. I studied Mechanical Engineering at University of Nigeria,Nsukka were i graduated since 2008 and i have completed my NYSC. After my NYSC,i searched for a job but no one is coming forth. When i think about my future it brings a biger shock to me because i believe i have a long way to go in life. I lost my lovely Dad the same year i graduated and since then i have been struggling hard to make ends meet. The whole of my family are looking upto me in terms of financial support since am now a graduate but i always have non to help myself let alone to my family. I have no person to help me get a job but always look up to God. please my dear brothers and sisters am pleading in the name of God to help me out in which ever way you can to bring back a smile to me and my family. I realy need a job. I am presently in Lagos looking for anything to do but got non. To feed now is a problem. Please if anybody has anything of help am ever ready to embrace it. Please do not look at me as a begger but as you brother in need. Thanks and God bless us. Amen
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by GboyegaD(m): 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2013
I am seeking help on behalf of a friend and would appreciate any advice that can help from here.
He is a good friend I got to know this semester and he is in one of my classes. He told me he needed to talk to me after class as he couldn't make it to our group discussion in preparation for our mid term on Thursday. I was vexed because I felt he had no excuse particularly since he switched off his phone, however, I got the shocker of my life. He told me I may not see him again until eternity. I have tried counsel him and tried talking to some of his friends that we study together. One of them told me that the only thing he said when he first saw him this morning is that "he shouldn't be seeing his face". I feel his disappointment is that he isn't meeting up expectations and he is scared of dropping out of his program as that would mean he has to return to Ghana since he will automatically fall out of status. I intend talking to him later in the day and I am planning on informing the counseling unit of the school. I also need tips on how to manage him at least to ensure he enrolls for counseling. For now, the only advice I can come up with is that should he have to drop, he could change to a top up Bachelors program as this still affords him the opportunity to stay back here after school but my fear is what his reaction would be since dropping off his program implies that his department would cease his funding.
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by GboyegaD(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2013

Why is he not allowing you work? Have you tried talking to him about how you feel? How old are the children? I will suggest you let him know that right now you are not happy about not working and please, do not bring up the money issue as he might feel that is the reason why you want to work. You could let him know that there are jobs that doesn't require too much of your time if that is the reason why he doesn't want you to work.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by GboyegaD(m): 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2013
Afunkybaby: @tunapa yeah right he takes care of me, does that me he should accuses me, compare me with my mates, shout at me, say hurtful things to me cause i am fat, i am going through things that are too much for me, i cant talk to him about anything, i am a lady, we would i talk to about girl stuff, i am the one everyone looks at with disgust in their eye, i look at my myself and there is nothing to be happy about, this life is beautiful ,i disagree, this life is full of pain, it took my mum away for me.

I read your post and I feel your pain however, the strength and will to go on lies in you. My little advice to you is to look beyond what anyone says and try to tell yourself the positive things about yourself. Lastly, I will suggest you try to make friends with good people whom you appreciate their life and not just because you need someone to talk to. That way, you can have people you look up to and that you are free to talk to.
As for your step mother, please try as much as you can not to get her offended and do not pick any offense whatsoever in whatever she does. That way, you are strong enough from within and without.
Lastly, can I ask about your education? Are you in the university now? What about your younger brother? Do you have good friends/uncles that could mentor him and be a role model to him? He needs you so much to give him direction and so please, try to be strong for yourself so that you can be there for him.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Jman06(m): 11:19pm On Nov 18, 2013
My people cheer up! It is well! My beloved pls understand that the vanity of life is not worth killing youself for...whatever bad situation you are into, always remember that u are not in it alone...your nearest neighbor might just be in a worst case than yours..never mind all the 'packaging'...Na cloth na im dey cover many things..afterall belle no dey talk wetin e chop...so my dear abeg forget that suicide thought ...even when some people reject u because they think u are poor,ugly,sick and helpless,always remember that u are a priceless being and that there are still millions of us that care and please for our sake,never contemplate the suicide...# Smile for me abeg# smile naaauuu!!cheesy...Ehen!!! Love u!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
GboyegaD: I am seeking help on behalf of a friend and would appreciate any advice that can help from here.
He is a good friend I got to know this semester and he is in one of my classes. He told me he needed to talk to me after class as he couldn't make it to our group discussion in preparation for our mid term on Thursday. I was vexed because I felt he had no excuse particularly since he switched off his phone, however, I got the shocker of my life. He told me I may not see him again until eternity. I have tried counsel him and tried talking to some of his friends that we study together. One of them told me that the only thing he said when he first saw him this morning is that "he shouldn't be seeing his face". I feel his disappointment is that he isn't meeting up expectations and he is scared of dropping out of his program as that would mean he has to return to Ghana since he will automatically fall out of status. I intend talking to him later in the day and I am planning on informing the counseling unit of the school. I also need tips on how to manage him at least to ensure he enrolls for counseling. For now, the only advice I can come up with is that should he have to drop, he could change to a top up Bachelors program as this still affords him the opportunity to stay back here after school but my fear is what his reaction would be since dropping off his program implies that his department would cease his funding.
Thank you.

Where are you? How did he get such a funding if he cannot meet up to expectations? What is he currently battling. Him doing bad in school may just be a reflection of other things in his life. You need to ask him what is really going on. Can his family afford to pay his school fees if he switches his concentration or degree?
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by GboyegaD(m): 8:04pm On Nov 19, 2013
baby_123:

Where are you? How did he get such a funding if he cannot meet up to expectations? What is he currently battling. Him doing bad in school may just be a reflection of other things in his life. You need to ask him what is really going on. Can his family afford to pay his school fees if he switches his concentration or degree?

I am in school and I am not sure the family can pay his fees. The fact is a change in educational system can be very challenging however, I think it is something that happens when one starts a program. I experienced something similar in my previous program and the fact is our 1st mid term was very bad that many people had to drop the class. I think he is getting over it cos he was with us in the group study yesterday and claimed he was only joking.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 11:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
GboyegaD:

I am in school and I am not sure the family can pay his fees. The fact is a change in educational system can be very challenging however, I think it is something that happens when one starts a program. I experienced something similar in my previous program and the fact is our 1st mid term was very bad that many people had to drop the class. I think he is getting over it cos he was with us in the group study yesterday and claimed he was only joking.

Well you need to ask him just to be sure. And make sure to let him know that if he has any troubles or problems he can confide in you. Also involve him in your study schedule and maybe you guys can be study mates. So you challenge each other and learn from each other. It will be to the benefit of both of you. Please, when people say they want to end it. Done believe it is a joke. No sane person will find such remotely funny.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by RoyalRoy(m): 1:35am On Nov 20, 2013
baby_123:

[size=16pt] Please, when people say they want to end it. Done believe it is a joke. No sane person will find such remotely funny [/size].

W-O-R-D
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by GboyegaD(m): 2:13am On Nov 20, 2013
baby_123:

Well you need to ask him just to be sure. And make sure to let him know that if he has any troubles or problems he can confide in you. Also involve him in your study schedule and maybe you guys can be study mates. So you challenge each other and learn from each other. It will be to the benefit of both of you. Please, when people say they want to end it. Done believe it is a joke. No sane person will find such remotely funny.
Royal Roy:

W-O-R-D

Thanks a lot. We are trying to keep watch over him particularly his flat mate while we as friends continue when we meet in school. Thank you for your concern and I am trying to make him know that we sure would make it and he can still meet up the minimum B+ in each of his classes since we still have some more mid term and finals to go.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by swity22: 7:49pm On Nov 23, 2013
Thanks all
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Mynd44: 8:21pm On Nov 23, 2013
I hope you get help
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by DutchesSsS(f): 4:58am On Nov 25, 2013
Hello Everybody..

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (39) (Reply)

I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / I Was A Husband: My Experience / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.