Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,716 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) (133418 Views)

My Elder Sister Is Feeling Suicidal / Are you feeling angry right now? Let-off steam here! / Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 1:35pm On Dec 14, 2013
Bnultimate I guess you are looking for attention. Please let people who want to talk to someone about what they are going through talk. Don't give this thread a sense of hopelessness and set a bad precedence. Taking your life is a choice, if you have made that decision, please don't come here and announce. There are a lot of fragile minds reading this who we want to pull through. We don't want any copycats. This should be a place for hope for those looking for it, not hopelessness.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bonultimate: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2013

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by texanomaly(f): 4:36pm On Dec 14, 2013
baby_123:
Bnultimate I guess you are looking for attention. Please let people who want to talk to someone about what they are going through talk. Don't give this thread a sense of hopelessness and set a bad precedence. Taking your life is a choice, if you have made that decision, please don't come here and announce. There are a lot of fragile minds reading this who we want to pull through. We don't want any copycats. This should be a place for hope for those looking for it, not hopelessness.

Do you not see this as a cry for help? Thank God those who responded earlier did not take this attitude.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by texanomaly(f): 4:37pm On Dec 14, 2013
bonultimate: ^^
Your comment is very silly.
If you have nothing better to say. Please shut up.
It's not compulsory to type a comment, respect yourself and mind your business if you have nothing intelligent to say. Nobody cares for your opinion. It's people like you who create lots of trouble for us thereby creating suicidal thoughts.

So glad to see you back.
*hug*

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by texanomaly(f): 2:26am On Dec 15, 2013
baby_123 :

If you are not going to be a part of the solution, perhaps you are the one who should leave. Do you imagine that anyone will come on here to talk about their problems, when they know there is someone here who will challenge the validity of their pain instead of offering help

smh

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by texanomaly(f): 3:32am On Dec 15, 2013
baby_123:

Please... How will others feel safe coming, here if you speak like this?

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 4:26am On Dec 15, 2013
baby_123: Bnultimate I guess you are looking for attention. Please let people who want to talk to someone about what they are going through talk. Don't give this thread a sense of hopelessness and set a bad precedence. Taking your life is a choice, if you have made that decision, please don't come here and announce. There are a lot of fragile minds reading this who we want to pull through. We don't want any copycats. This should be a place for hope for those looking for it, not hopelessness.
baby_123:
You are an attention seeker. I was right. For someone claiming suicide you have quite a sharp mouth. I don't really think anyone cares for an attention seeker. If you have a problem, state it or vamoose. You came here and alarmed you were ending it today. Now you are back fighting. Lmao. Stay away from here please. Not everyone falls for chronic attention seekers. Dumbo
What is your problem? If you're not interested in offering any encouragement to bnultimate, keep your negative comments to yourself. This is a thread for people who're feeling down; no need to kick them while they're already down! There have been countless similar posts to his, so I'm not sure why you're attacking him. It's funny you're talking about this place being a place of hope - when you're setting a terrible example yourself. Stop calling him an attention seeker. He's just trying to reach out and I commend him for this, just like many people here who have done so. Leave him alone if you have nothing constructive to say.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 4:37am On Dec 15, 2013
bonultimate: I plan to take my life today, this night..

I have never felt so depressed and frustrated.

Everybody is against me.... i believe no one will miss me...

I have prayed, cried, shed tears, begged, appealed, but everyone seems to still be against .
bonultimate: Unfortunately I can't talk here.

But am glad that in this my remaining hours some people still cared here.

Thank you all. Bye!
Hi bonultimate. Hope you're still holding on. You're welcome in this thread, so keep posting. What's the matter? Not everyone is against you. I am not and even though I don't know you, I will definitely miss you. I'm sorry you're depressed and frustrated. What's the matter? What are you going through? If you don't want to talk about it here, please pm me and talk to me about it. I'm rooting for you.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 5:15am On Dec 15, 2013
Yield:

What is your problem? If you're not interested in offering any encouragement to bnultimate, keep your negative comments to yourself. This is a thread for people who're feeling down; no need to kick them while they're already down! There have been countless similar posts to his, so I'm not sure why you're attacking him. It's funny you're talking about this place being a place of hope - when you're setting a terrible example yourself. Stop calling him an attention seeker. He's just trying to reach out and I commend him for this, just like many people here who have done so. Leave him alone if you have nothing constructive to say.
I don't think I am here for beauty paegents or to play to any gallery. You may be blind to an attention seeker, I am not. I have stated my point. Anything you like you can do with it. Wouldn't stop me from commenting. If you don't like it you can log out. As for that silly attention seeker he or she needs to be told off. The thread says are you feeling suicidal? Not are you killing yourself tonight. Kindly keep away now.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 15, 2013
baby_123:
I don't think I am here for beauty paegents or to play to any gallery. You may be blind to an attention seeker, I am not. I have stated my point. Anything you like you can do with it. Wouldn't stop me from commenting. If you don't like it you can log out. As for that silly attention seeker he or she needs to be told off. The thread says are you feeling suicidal? Not are you killing yourself tonight. Kindly keep away now.
You keep calling him an attention seeker. Because of one post? His post is not working anyone else up, but you. The only attention seeker I see here is you, causing a commotion unnecessarily. Everyone who has responded to him has done so gently, so that means everyone else is blind and apparently you're the only who sees what no one else does? In which Universe? You're telling him if he has made the decision to take his life he shouldn't come here. If you were smart at all, you would've known if he had actually made that decision and surely wanted to do it, he wouldn't have come into the thread in the first place. People who decide to take their own lives do not do that. He is clearly bothered and needs some support/people to speak with because of whatever he's facing; that is why he's here. This is his cry for help. They only end up doing it if their situation does not get better or no one reaches out to them. Just because he did not kill himself and came back into the thread doesn't render him an attention seeker. I'm glad he is still here. You have no right to deter him from this place. It's people like you who prevent others from reaching out, because they're afraid of being judged or not being believed.

6 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:25am On Dec 15, 2013
Actually, the time I wanted to take my life (way back), had already started the process when in my confused state due to what I took I managed type"I'm comitin suicide" and sent to my friend. Why I sent out that, till date, I don't know and I really thank God I did. Maybe subconsiously I don't wanna die, I needed help but didn't realise it yet.

She saw it and glanced over it according to her not until somebody asked her about me she now remembered and showed d guy my text. Had they stayed more than two hrs more, they would hv met a dead body.
When they entered my room, what they saw made them scream and I was rushed to the hospital. It took more than 2months for d effect of what I took to wear off my system even though the first hospital rejected me.

So baby123, pls let him be, if its for attention or not, others r drawing strength from the comforting words sent to him cos for all I know a lot more will rather view than post. The essence of the thread is to give comforting words to anybody that popped in. He simply needed help and this might be d only way he knows how to pass across his message and since he is still alive, we thank God. He might want to tell his story here one day.Pls.

U hv been following this thread religiously and ur contributions r wonderful. Pls don't stop. A lot taps in on it daily and may u and ur home be blessed more for ur selfless service.

Now to those of us attacking baby123, I hope we all r adults. There r various ways to get across a person. This is a sensitive thread. We r doing more damage than repair. Even though we disagree with a particular poster, let's be cautious in trying to let them know cos our post might end up bringing out d demon in d person thus defeating d aim of this thread.
Let's sheath our swords and let there be peace pls.
May we all be blessed.

5 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 15, 2013
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by onegig(m): 9:16am On Dec 15, 2013
edited
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by baby124: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2013
Why are my posts hidden and those who attacked not? The fact of the matter is that I have stated my own opinion. Yield or whatever you call yourself, it's best you keep your words for people that care for pretence. I didn't read what you wrote so you wasted your time.
YPP, please there is nothing demonic coming out of anyone. I said what I said, if you have a problem you want to share, share it. I didn't get the impression that this was a place to congregate for people who are killing themselves and talking about it. Since these so called mods or whatever think this is the purpose for this thread then I back out. Just like the other one that came to family section claiming same and at the same time begging for money. While ignoring all comments to find a job. SMH
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 7:03pm On Dec 15, 2013
Baby_123, you didn't read my post, yet you responded? Please, give be a break, lady. It's ironic how you're twisting things. No one's attacking you here. "Attention seeker", "blind", "pretense," "if he has made the decision to kill himself he shouldn't come here, he should vamoose", "he needs to be told off", etc. Your posts have been hidden but I remember everything you said and I could continue. Again, the only perpetrator who has been carrying out the attacks is you. I imagine yours posts were hidden because they were very senseless, truth be told. Stop making generalizations. No one's saying this is a place for people who're killing themselves to "congregate". If they were killing themselves they would not be on the computer, posting, trying to be heard. This thread is open to anyone harbouring suicidal thoughts or needing someone to talk to. Do you understand the title of the thread at all or do I need to break it down for you? Neither is anyone here advocating suicide. You know this too, so please don't go off on a tangent. Be factual.

9 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 15, 2013
I just want to send my love to every person who is down, depressed, despairing, sad, despondent and or suicidal here[color=#990000][/color]
****heart****
You are beautiful, loved and deserve to be happy (and will be)
Just focus on the above and on all the love you are getting here already....

I don't remember my email address/password...so please send me a pm or mail if you want to reach out to me
...I would be honored to be friends with you

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Elxandre(m): 9:05pm On Dec 15, 2013
@Baby_123,
What a shame. You are so insensitive. You come to such delicate thread as this and start spewing thrash?
Stop trying to justify your insane comments, it makes you look the more stupid.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Toyinletstalk(f): 11:11pm On Dec 15, 2013
Guys. it is all okay. lets try to be peace makers at all times. The beautiful thing about it all is that we are all here to help irrespective of perception. We all have love within us and it shows pretty much.

I am glad that 'Bonultimate' is back. Thank God.

When you all become successful in life, you will look back and thank God that you did not yield to that spirit that wants to terminate your life and destiny. Always say to yourselves, and " this too shall pass". It is well.

Feel free to reach out to somebody. it is very important that you look for someone to talk to, problems shared is already half-solved.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hi
I will read my mail and reply this night
I will be with my laptop then
What I am using now won't let me log in
Cheers
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by LILBIMS: 2:30pm On Dec 16, 2013
Hello everyone have been following this thread for a while and its really a good and educative thread, there has been this thing bothering my mind, I actually got engaged a lady that was depressed before she met me and the cause of her depression was that her ex Bf BROKE her heart and also she was diagnoised with a heart infection kind off though nothing terminal if she takes her drugs and surgery can be performed on her nothing that terminal, but the major problem am facing with her is that sometimes she get so hard to understand and she do suffer this mood swings of a thing ,she gets withdrawn from people at times and once told me am the only good thing in her life right now,Hope depression cant be forever? and what can someone do to make her happy or get out of the depression so fast ? please opinion really needed

PS*STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 4:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 8:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
LILBIMS: Hello everyone have been following this thread for a while and its really a good and educative thread, there has been this thing bothering my mind, I actually got engaged a lady that was depressed before she met me and the cause of her depression was that her ex Bf BROKE her heart

How did the ex-boyfriend leave her? There is something about the guy that she is still holding on to. She is yet to let go hence her constant depression because of him.

Well, she will need to see a therapist as advised.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Toyinletstalk(f): 9:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
@Lilbim, once depression sets in, it eats deep into the heart. At the stage she is now in, let her see a therapist and might need to be on medication. She needs to let things go, maybe she needs someone to really open up to, when she opens up, her healing will start. Tell her to reach out to a counselor, or rather still help her find one she can really trust. I wish you well.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Maipride(f): 5:14am On Dec 17, 2013
Why do bad things happen to good people sometimes?

#teardrops#

Life really do sucks!!!
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Toyinletstalk(f): 5:43am On Dec 17, 2013
Mai pride: Why do bad things happen to good people sometimes?

#teardrops#

Life really do sucks!!!

My dear, so many things happen in life that we do not have answers to, but God does. I don't know what bad has happened, or whether it happened to you or someone you know. But i know one thing, everything happens for a reason, God knows about it all. Do not loose faith in the good that can or could happen. It is well. Be comforted.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by onegig(m): 7:46am On Dec 17, 2013

#teardrops#

Life really do sucks!!!

Life does suck sometimes. But just try to take the positives out of any situation.

Not only good people do bad things happen to; but everyone. It just depends on how you take things an move on with hope and faith in your heart that you can turn things around for the better.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by bellong: 9:00am On Dec 17, 2013

#teardrops#

Life really do sucks!!!

The same reason why good things happen to bad people sometimes....

The creator of the universe permits everyone irrespective of character to enjoy freely the sun, air, moon rain etc. He also allows everyone to pass through one trial or the other that no flesh may boast before Him...

Life is not a straight line curve but with bends, ups and downs forming an irregular curve. What will separate you from the others is the positive you take from negative experiences....

Weep not dear sister, it is well.....

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 17, 2013
LILBIM, whichever way, pls don't ever leave this lady. Doing so is one way suicide.
Rather, u can help her rediscover herself.
What is she good in?
Encourage her to invest in it.
As she is getting very absorbed in it, encourage her to engage in a team work eg, party with friends, visiting d sick with friends, anything that she can do with others. She will start getting d feel of I'm really responsible and u will c d spark.
Don't lure her into talking about her past. She will spill it at d right time. For now, anything that can bring joy and commitment is what she need.
The level she has attained will make u to start disengaging not as her guy but as a person(if u get my drift)
She will pull tru. Its a matter of time and encouragement.
All d best.
Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Mynd44: 9:23am On Dec 17, 2013
yellowpawpaw: LILBIM, whichever way, pls don't ever leave this lady. Doing so is one way suicide.
Rather, u can help her rediscover herself.
What is she good in?
Encourage her to invest in it.
As she is getting very absorbed in it, encourage her to engage in a team work eg, party with friends, visiting d sick with friends, anything that she can do with others. She will start getting d feel of I'm really responsible and u will c d spark.
Don't lure her into talking about her past. She will spill it at d right time. For now, anything that can bring joy and commitment is what she need.
The level she has attained will make u to start disengaging not as her guy but as a person(if u get my drift)
She will pull tru. Its a matter of time and encouragement.
All d best.
With the emboldened, you have condemned him to looking after a depressed person even if he is unhappy about it which can make him depressed too.

1 Like

Re: Are You Feeling Suicidal? Come Here First! (part 2) by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
Poster above, I hope u read d whole post b4 coming to that conclusion.
One thing we don't understand about depression is, if ever a depressed person made u his or her favourite, if u dare leave her or him without putting an enabling environment for the person, u r indirectly telling the person she or he is not needed and that is suicide straight. Very easy to fullfil what has been on that person's mind.

If u can go to earlier posts on this thread, I once shared a very similar post like this guys own. The greatest mistake the young man in d life of the young lady I shared my story made was leaving the lady. She felt rejected and thank God, it was only thru his intervention that I wrestled kitchen knife from that said lady's hand.
When I later confronted the guy he said he tot he was doing her good.

I repeat, u don't leave them, it will make them feel rejected the more.
U can only distance urself if u hv helped her found herself, get her confidence back,love herself and u r absolutely sure she can take care of herself. If u happen to be d boyfriend, u distance as a person not as a boyfriend.
Depression is worst than many sicknesses and its not something we can easily brush off if we happen to be next to the person suffering from it. It requires our time,energy,lv and care.

Its not physical illness. Its very psychological and has to be handled with care. More than half of cases of depression r solved if the patients hv somebody they can relate with. Its now left to that person to do d needful and they always conquer cos they hv pple who loved them by their side.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (39) (Reply)

I Was A Husband: My Experience / I Am Forced To Marry My Own Mother, What Do I Do? / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.