Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,591 members, 7,809,145 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 AM

Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan (36289 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Dstar1(f): 7:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Nice work. Carry go.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by a29truth(m): 7:12am On Jul 05, 2013
Nice work

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by rhazur(m): 7:14am On Jul 05, 2013
If a project commenced during Obasanjo's regime and it get completed during GEJ's regime so GEJ gets the accolade abi? SMH
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by choppar(m): 7:15am On Jul 05, 2013
well, am nt too impress. We need more development.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by brown3: 7:17am On Jul 05, 2013
Blue Magic: Nigerians always celebrating mediocrity. Did he do it out of his pocket. He did it with the country's money, people's money, your money. He is supposed to do it. Its not his responsibility to provide roads, power, water, affordable accomodation, security, infrastructure etc. ITS HIS DUTY. NIGERIANS NEED TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!!!!!!! FOOLS
if he decide to starked d money away like obj, ibb and others did, will you kill yourself?

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by mekano1980: 7:20am On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

This is nothing but a waste of fund and misplaced priority !

It's a true talk my brother,but u must have to appreciate the fact that the present government is doing his best to tackle those issues,remember Rome was not build in one day.Don't think of what gov't can do for u,think of what u can do for gov't.(ideas) to create jobs.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Xriss: 7:31am On Jul 05, 2013
MISPLACED PRIORITY ...
What percentage of Nigerians travel by air?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Youngzedd(m): 7:31am On Jul 05, 2013
See Airput

Thanks to GEJ for making it Airport.

Kudos to Mr President.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by honouruy(m): 7:32am On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

dis is d book of lamentation

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Handsomeemmy(m): 7:34am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Have you ever been to Kano?

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Do you know Kano & Lagos are competing in terms of population?

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Do you know foreign investments and investors are all over the city?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

Hope you know Kano state is the "Centre of Commerce"

Are you aware there are over 70 Hotels in the city- Kano? (not state).

I don tire for my west, south people o...

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

Even if you can't travel to places, spread your horizon!!
Oga, you took words out of my mouth, i'm living in kano and i have seen the airport turn around from the old thing i visited more than 20 years ago as a kid to something more modern and worth being proud of. People should not limit themselves to nairaland just as you stated, travel to places and see new things happening. I was in that airport few weeks ago and it is wearing a new look and the number of aircraft flying in and out has increased(My house is not far from the airport). I do tell people, aside the frequent crisis, places like kano would've been the best place to live, the price of food stuff and other commodity are very cheap, transportation is not an exception
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by musiwa29: 7:36am On Jul 05, 2013
there may problem why they dont have money is that they keep on building abuja. which they should stop. and stop making people to come to abuja. the only way to do that is to relocate some ministry out of abuja to other capitals. that way. people dont have to go to abuja. and it will cost them less money.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by REVOLUTNIS: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Have you ever been to Kano?

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Do you know Kano & Lagos are competing in terms of population?

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Do you know foreign investments and investors are all over the city?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

Hope you know Kano state is the "Centre of Commerce"

Are you aware there are over 70 Hotels in the city- Kano? (not state).

I don tire for my west, south people o...

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

Even if you can't travel to places, spread your horizon!!
The old woman who refuses to run will do so when a goat snatches her snuff box

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by ewet: 7:40am On Jul 05, 2013
This looks more like a local airport and it is no better than the MM2 in Lagos. Considering the volume of traffic tht airport commands. It could have bin made bigger.

Same as the lagos airport where all tht was done was mere cosmetic dressing and not the expansion tht airport truly needs.If this is wht we will be getting for all the billions spent on airport refurbishment,it will be a "not bad remark for me but thy culd have done better"
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nzecorneboy: 7:41am On Jul 05, 2013
GEJ my oga... I dey ur bak oh... Hater go die... Am proud to b a Gejite... Instea GEJ no go rule, he no go rule naija. #TINK DIPPER# kipppppp up ooooo
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Awoofawo(m): 7:43am On Jul 05, 2013
solomon111: if Imo needs an international airport, then they will have to build it themselves just like many states did.
but who built kano airport, kano state gov/federal gov? please expantiate sir!
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 7:45am On Jul 05, 2013
Cluelessness is equivalent to mis-placed priority!
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by easik: 7:50am On Jul 05, 2013
That's Great. I wish you'd do the same comparison to Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 7:51am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi: And how many aircrafts are using it outside of hajj period
What a waste
you should visit to see for yourself. I don't know how busy the airport is but I know kano is the business hub of the north.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 05, 2013
CROWÉ:

I am not impressed by this as well. Nigeria is much too big, if we wait for the president to build airports it will take decades before all the states have fully functioning airports, things like airports it should be the governors building them, in the time the president built that one maybe 10 governors would have done the same in their states so while I think GEJ on his own isn't doing a bad job Nigeria would be over 40 times more progressive/efficient if the different states had the power to develop themselves. GEJ's very first priority should have been to secure these powers for the states(especially since he knows first hand the impossible job of the governors), that is why I don't like him, we is struggling under an established system when the simple solution to Nigeria's development problem is a simple matter of a different system.
What Nigeria needs for accelerated development is restructuring and restructuring Nigeria is not a "simple matter" like you mischievously stated. It requires radical constitutional amendment that'll be FIERCELY opposed by politicians from the north. You forget that it was disagreement on this same restructuring (Aburi accord) which you called "simple matter" that eventually plunged the country into civil war. You cannot restructure Nigeria as long as there is still petro-dollars which northern politicians look up to. Even the the opposition of northern politicians to the PIB just because of 10% host community fund says it all. Restructuring Nigeria is not a "simple matter"

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by successking: 7:54am On Jul 05, 2013
The government is trying but job creation policies will be better appreciated.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by frederal(m): 7:57am On Jul 05, 2013
Sai JONATHAN! Now what would haters say again; the difference is clear.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Itoroetti(m): 8:03am On Jul 05, 2013
What a waste

4 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Bosuntop: 8:05am On Jul 05, 2013
unemployment,bad roads,insecurity,power problems e.t.c nah airport you dey renovate.thank you oga gej.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by EngrChris(m): 8:08am On Jul 05, 2013
solomon111: if Imo needs an international airport, then they will have to build it themselves just like many states did.
, Talk what you know. Then who build Imo airport, Let me tell you if you don't know that is the old imo state that build it because every sons and dauthers of old imo state (Imo/Abia) that contributed for the Airport.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 8:09am On Jul 05, 2013
solomon111: I know you must think you've said something smart.
Where were you when your mates were applying for the YOUWIN loan scheme?
So you are telling me that refurbishing our airports to world class standards is a waste of funds?
Na wa o.

You don't need to reply the bigots, stop taking them serious because as far as it is not an APC or Fashola that did it, they will tag it a waste of fund. By now you should know that they are fools and no one even takes them serious again.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by alex406(m): 8:13am On Jul 05, 2013
Yomieluv: a good government invest in human capitalization,and not some ego showing project,that reeks of nothing but misplacement of priority.

and why is the title reading :After Jonathan,is Jonathan out of office,or Dead?

What a waste

SO WE STILL HAVE ILLITERATES IN THIS OUR GENERATION?

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by barikay: 8:13am On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

as usual. Not a surprise from u

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 8:14am On Jul 05, 2013
mantote: Did Jonathan use his personal money from fish sales.Do you know how many airports some country have.Its it not our country money?Abeg make. Hear word you 40 laptop boyz

Did Fashola use his pocket money to build all the bridges he is building in Lagos?

3 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Awoofawo(m): 8:17am On Jul 05, 2013
frederal: Sai JONATHAN! Now what would haters say again; the difference is clear.

what difference are you ranting about?! the one for ground (difference) now could neither confuse nor convince any sensible and right thinking man!

continue to breathe in those foul stinking air (fresh-air) from uncle jona yansh! lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by dridowu: 8:17am On Jul 05, 2013
If GEJ deserve kudos 4 renovating d building , he also deserve kudos 4 encouraging corruption by giving state pardon to a alamasiyeha
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by ronnietilo: 8:22am On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk: Kano Airport Before Goodluck Jonathan

Airport Fixing means Government is working ?...... impoverished people

Kano Airport After Goodluck Jonathan

GEJ is working.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

‘what Do You Call Corruption?’ Patience Jonathan Explains / Herdsmen: Nigerians And Biafrans Protest In London / Oshodi Transport Interchange: An Update On The $70million Project - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.