Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,196 members, 7,953,712 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:17 AM

Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan (36429 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2013
Kano Airport Before Goodluck Jonathan

Kano Airport After Goodluck Jonathan

GEJ is working.

31 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Ewwwww

8 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by sunnybobo4: 11:20pm On Jul 04, 2013
Rossikk:

[b]GEJ is working.

Haters are tweeting.

6 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by stebell(m): 11:24pm On Jul 04, 2013
Rossikk, God bless yu for dis wonderful pix. Let's continue to feel de #Fresh Air# of President GEJ.

13 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by kokoA(m): 11:26pm On Jul 04, 2013
If only you guys can be showing us more of these rather than engaging in "stone-age kinda insult" sessions with anti-government posters.. Nice work by GEJ's government though. I must confess, our airports are a lot better under GEJ.

46 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by taharqa2: 11:40pm On Jul 04, 2013
And 'they' say he is not doing anything......

13 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 12:12am On Jul 05, 2013
And how many aircrafts are using it outside of hajj period
What a waste

11 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 12:28am On Jul 05, 2013
good to c every sector of our economy functioning..thumps up MR PRESIDENT..
dis aw we should commend d giant stride our leaders by showing pictures to bk up our claim(like d way d Eko crew do).
NO B SAY MAKE WE ASK for PICTURE's MAKE UNA DY KALL US "IGNORAMOUS"(MR SINCERE NIGERIAN)..

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 12:31am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi: And how many aircrafts are using it outside of hajj period
What a waste

Have you ever been to Kano?

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Do you know Kano & Lagos are competing in terms of population?

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Do you know foreign investments and investors are all over the city?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

Hope you know Kano state is the "Centre of Commerce"

Are you aware there are over 70 Hotels in the city- Kano? (not state).

I don tire for my west, south people o...

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

Even if you can't travel to places, spread your horizon!!

120 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Acidosis(m): 1:05am On Jul 05, 2013
I just hope the northeners can restore their lost glory!

This religious-ethnic wars doesn't pay..

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:07am On Jul 05, 2013
They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

This is nothing but a waste of fund and misplaced priority !

6 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:16am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

Are you aware Kano is the second largest state in terms of commercial activity within Nigeria and the second most populous state in the country ? (check wiki)

Are you aware people troop in to that city like pure water for trade, business and investment?

Are you aware we have a standard football pitch in Kano state where footballers all over the world troop in until recently (crisis and all) ?

Are you aware Kano state governor is sending his people in hundreds on a daily basis for scholarships right from that Kano airport to any country you can think of in the world?

Hope you know people who troop in to Kano just to order cars are more than those going to Lagos and Cotonou put together? Everything in Kano is relatively cheap!

My dear, don't limit yourself to nairaland cos if you do, you'll not know anything aside Fashola, and maybe Amaechi and ACN..

I practically spent most of my long vacations in Kano and kaduna and Jos so I know the area well
The population means nothing
How many can get on a plane?
There are about 2 million almajiris in Kano alone
Go around Kano you see them sprawled under every mango tree around a Mallam and by evening they are at every major road junction with bowls in hand
So who exactly is hopping on these planes
The number is negligible
Do you know airfrance and some other airline used to fly from the USA to Kano sometime ago
Go and find out why they stopped
The answer is not Boko haram btw

You are talking about a state whose priority in 2013 is organizing mass weddings for widows and jobless men
Abeg
Why won't they fly their folks abroad?
No be dem dey get the lion share of our oil wealth.

32 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:19am On Jul 05, 2013
a good government invest in human capitalization,and not some ego showing project,that reeks of nothing but misplacement of priority.

and why is the title reading :After Jonathan,is Jonathan out of office,or Dead?

8 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 1:29am On Jul 05, 2013
Yomieluv: a good government invest in human capitalization,and not some ego showing project,that reeks of nothing but misplacement of priority.

I know you must think you've said something smart.
Where were you when your mates were applying for the YOUWIN loan scheme?
So you are telling me that refurbishing our airports to world class standards is a waste of funds?
Na wa o.

24 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by lakpalakpa: 1:30am On Jul 05, 2013
I'd prefer pictures of schools built by GEJ not an edifice to enable money launderers do ttheir tin easily...

3 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 05, 2013

an old 2007 article but puts things in perspective

Interesting numbers from an article in the Punch:

Quote:
Over 450 scheduled flights are handled daily at 16 of the 22 airports in the country, through international and domestic flights, according to the Business Travel Flight Information Guide 2007.
The report shows that scheduled flights are operated into 15 of the 21 airports managed by the Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria and also into the Warri-Osubi Airport managed by the Shell Petroleum Development Corporation.
”Bauchi, Markurdi, Akure and latest addition, Katsina airports do not handle scheduled flights,” it added.

It also said, ”Lagos airport handles the highest daily flights, in-bound and out-bound, of 171 domestic and 35 international/regional flights, followed by Abuja with 90 domestic and two international. ”Currently the Port Harcourt Air Force Base handles 38 flights while Benin Airport handles 23 flights. Other airports include Owerri - 18 flights; Calabar Airport - 14; Warri airport - 10 ; Enugu airport -10; Kano airport - 8; Ilorin airport - 8 and Kaduna airport - 2. Also Maiduguri airport handles 5 flights; Yola airport - 7; Jos airport - 2; Sokoto airport -2 and Ibadan airport - 2.

It also reported, ”The Warri, Benin and Calabar airports received more airlines and frequencies than previous flight season as Arik Air joined Aerocontractors on the Warri route; joined Virgin Nigeria and Aero on the Calabar route; and Associated and Aero on the Benin route. ”Apart from Lagos, Abuja and Owerri where there are flights to more than one airport, Benin airport has a connecting flight to Abuja; Warri has connecting flights to Abuja and Port Harcourt and Calabar has connecting flight to Abuja.” It gave the domestic airlines operating scheduled flights to the 16 airports in the country as Aerocontractors, Arik Air, Associated, Bellview, Chanchangi, IRS, Overland and Virgin Nigeria Airways.

According to the report, ”Arik Air with 75 flights daily operates more flights than other airlines covering 11 airports with Aero operating 37 flights to 7 airports and Virgin Nigeria Airways operating 36 flights to five airports. ”Chanchangi operates 20 flights to four airports; IRS operates 15 flights to five airports; Bellview operates 11 flights to three airports; Overland operates 8 flights to four airports and Associated operates 6 flights only to Benin airport.”

Uwadiae, however, noted, ”Nigeria‘s airports are underutilised with the number of flights to the 22 airports in a country with a population of over 120million. ”There is a need to review the processes of registering airlines to enable smaller airlines with appropriate aircraft to operate from strategic hubs within the country to underutilised airports.”

Acidosis please pay attention to the figures highlighted part and tell me why Kano should have an international airport instead of Owerri

10 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by atlwireles: 1:32am On Jul 05, 2013
Yomieluv: a good government invest in human capitalization,and not some ego showing project,that reeks of nothing but misplacement of priority.

Na yah some people need to pass on commenting. Human capital, please define what the central government should in this regards that this administration is bye passing.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 1:37am On Jul 05, 2013
lakpa lakpa: I'd prefer pictures of schools built by GEJ not an edifice to enable money launderers do ttheir tin easily...
Gej has built lot of schools for the almajiris in the North,along with 9 new universities.
There was a picture of one of those federal universities on nairaland not longer ago.

7 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by musiwa29: 1:38am On Jul 05, 2013
h
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:38am On Jul 05, 2013
reality,and statistically,the level of poverty in the northern part is alarming...why can a reasonable government engage in project that will benefit the people,and not a project that would benefit a selected few..
solomon111: I know you must think you've said something smart.
Where were you when your mates were applying for the YOUWIN loan scheme?
So you are telling me that refurbishing our airports to world class standards is a waste of funds?
Na wa o.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 1:40am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi:
an old 2007 article but puts things in perspective

Acidosis please pay attention to the figures highlighted part and tell me why Kano should have an international airport instead of Owerri
if Imo needs an international airport, then they will have to build it themselves just like many states did.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 1:46am On Jul 05, 2013
Yomieluv: reality,and statistically,the level of poverty in the northern part is alarming...why can a reasonable government engage in project that will benefit the people,and not a project that would benefit a selected few..
you see only what you want to see.
The ongoing agricultural transformation under the minister of agric adewunmi adesina is strategically positioned to empower the northern people.
Many of them are already tapping into it and enriching themselves.
If you watched the ministerial platform,you would know.

3 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by DisGuy: 1:47am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

these are historic claims, 2013 is very different from those days
lived in Kano before

how many flights are going in and out of kano and which airlines? Kabo died many years ago
only comes alive during Hajj

everyone's moved to Abuja with their business except for the lebanese contractor who handle most of the engineering stuff

mind you Maiduguri/Borno is "Home of Peace"

Scholarship on daily basis and that is sustainable development for the airport business eh?

Foreign investment such as?

nice development though, seems like this will be in government hand forever no private investor can make a profit from this airport except they build and international conference centre right in the middle of the airport with hotel
so people can pop in and out sharp sharp

5 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Samxiulee: 1:50am On Jul 05, 2013
Acidosis:

why can't you find out if the person you are quoting is a Lagosian or better still a Southwestern?please we are not haters,
Btw nice development,I don't want to know if they don't have traffic right now,they will in the nearest future have traffic.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 1:53am On Jul 05, 2013
solomon111: if Imo needs an international airport, then they will have to build it themselves just like many states did.

Like which states please

Were Kano,Lagos,PH the only 3 international airports not built by the federal govt

fYI Imo airport was not even built by any government
It was built by the people of Imo from community contributions and handed over to the govt
Ask any imolite
No other state in Nigeria can boast of individuals doing anything close by their own donations.

8 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 2:01am On Jul 05, 2013
Dis Guy:

these are historic claims, 2013 is very different from those days
lived in Kano before

how many flights are going in and out of kano and which airlines? Kabo died many years ago
only comes alive during Hajj

everyone's moved to Abuja with their business except for the lebanese contractor who handle most of the engineering stuff

mind you Maiduguri/Borno is "Home of Peace"

Scholarship on daily basis and that is sustainable development for the airport business eh?

Foreign investment such as?

nice development though, seems like this will be in government hand forever no private investor can make a profit from this airport except they build and international conference centre right in the middle of the airport with hotel
so people can pop in and out sharp sharp

That airport was a sheer waste of money.
The only time it has any semblance of use is during hajj
That is not enough for the fed govt to waste such money
A simple analysis of travelers will tell us most international travelers in nigeria are from the south
But for politics the international airports should have been located in Lagos,Abuja,PH and somewhere in the Enugu / Onitsha area
Put an international airport in this 4 th location,I assure you the traffic to Lagos will reduce by half but Nigeria doesn't work by common sense.
Aboki wanted one and got it.

8 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 2:07am On Jul 05, 2013
babyosisi:

Like which states please

Were Kano,Lagos,PH the only 3 international airports not built by the federal govt

fYI Imo airport was not even built by any government
It was built by the people of Imo from community contributions and handed over to the govt
Ask any imolite
No other state in Nigeria can boast of individuals doing anything close by their own donations.
I don't think the FG wants to build more airports,that's why i said imo should build theirs.
Akwaibom and delta states built theirs themselves.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by DisGuy: 2:10am On Jul 05, 2013
Dont really know the issue with 'international'

Any airport/govt that can attract airline to do business in their state should go ahead
instead of looking for the word 'international'

They should lobby the ministers to give allocations for direct landing slots to foreign operators; most of them have the funds to upgrade their airport to acceptable standards anyway, it's not until it has the tag international that it becomes one

if not for politics, this Kano airport shouldn't be in the list of 'remodeled or renovation exercise' not yet anyway
absolute waste of money

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 2:13am On Jul 05, 2013
Jonathan Promises To Build Domestic Airports In 36 States

President Goodluck Jonathan has promised to establish domestic airports all the 36 states of the federation, if voted to power in the forthcoming general election.

He said the plan to establish such airports is part of his government blue print towards economic development and facilitating movement of goods, services and ideas across the nation.

http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/politics/84038-jonathan-promises-to-build-domestic-airports-in-36-states.html?print

Where are the 36 airports?

Time flies and lies and fake promises stinks..

4 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by nameo: 2:59am On Jul 05, 2013
Great job, Mr President.

More of this, plz

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by miky(m): 3:47am On Jul 05, 2013
lakpa lakpa: I'd prefer pictures of schools built by GEJ not an edifice to enable money launderers do ttheir tin easily...

Here we go, for a minute I thought the saddists had gotten lost!! wink grin cool what a relief!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by musiwa29: 3:47am On Jul 05, 2013
lipsrsealed
let me help you. there is no way the north will vote for jonathan for building kano airport.

Independent act BELOW.

Why Northern Nigeria blow up the United nation office in abuja.. They discovered through the satellite pictures that they had less population than the south.. you can tell that akure 3 million is bigger than Kano 9 million from this video.. oyo 5 million , lagos 9 million.

You can see, i was trying to save 200 million lifes, when i said remove the western niger of nigeria. i discovered i deserve a Nobel prize. And I have looked at the list of Nobel prize for peace. I think after looking at that list. I deserve a Nobel prize for peace. I got harassed , got set up. nearly got assassinated, murder .. i was called names. harass in some countries i went to.. not trying to praise myself. all the glory most be to God. I have done more than what some people did to win a Nobel prize.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gb8YW64dL5c

Akure 3 million 18 local govt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRPGWEz-PMk

kano 9 million 44 local govt

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpCVZ_31m4w

http://westernniger.com

[img]http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/news/photos/2011/08/26/li-abuja-bomb-afp.jpg[/img]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

KSU Student Climbs To Roof Top In Search Of 3G Network (Photo) / Saraki, Emefiele, Abdulfatah Visit Tshonga Farms (Photos) / Sanusi, His CBN Mistress And Their Escapades - Premium Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.