Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,130 members, 7,818,388 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:08 PM

Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan (36299 Views)

FG Names Abuja Streets After Jonathan, Sambo, Atiku, 185 Others / Obasanjo Faces Investigation 24 Hours After Jonathan’s Reply / Enugu Airport: Before And After GEJ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 4:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

For some reason, I temporarily assumed that your have better sense, eloquence and ability to articulate your thoughts and stay on topic than that poster and his pointless and irrelevant gibberish. May be he gave you an opportunity to dodge the points I raised..

What points? We've not even seen an architectural render of the proposed Lekki airport, yet you're talking as if it's already completed and ready for commissioning. Why can't you suspend that for now and appreciate the efforts being made at MMA? Why allow ethnic sentiments to override your common sense?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 4:30pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk: ^^^It's not pointless. He's merely dramatizing your selfish attitude to the nation.

Oh, and Lagos remains part and parcel of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, until you and your ilk have raised an army, airforce and navy capable of excising it from the federation. Till then, deal with the fact that you do not 'own' Lagos in any way, shape or form.

What's the Lagos state being part of Nigeria got to do with the FG borrowing money from china to spend on airports that they really should not be part of? What sensible and prudent government borrow money to spend on airports in 2013?

Shouldn't they be getting out of this airport business?

You are free to nurse your irrelevant layman Lagos fixations, but please stay on topic..
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by laykhorn(m): 4:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: SHUT it there, you Ignoramic Liar... The new Universities project was PURELY GEJ idea and project. I promised it in 2010/2011, along with building of hundreds of Almajiri Skuls (84 of which have been completed already).. Plus, he is actuali building 12 New Universities, 9 of which are already completed as u rightly indicated (6 in d north, and 3 in d south); But, FEC's approval and construction work has started in d other 3 Universities, which are all in d North, making it 9 in total..... By d way, yr former Northern leadas ALL failed to provide these for you guys in spite of d plenty promises (esp d Almajiri Skuls), a major reason for d sorry state d north is in today, yet a certain President is building these in just ova 2 yrs..
I can see you are highly misinformed. Have you been to any of the aforementioned Universities to see what is on ground. I know virtually everything about FUOYE(Federal Uni. Oye-Ekiti)... I am an insider so dont spill some shi.t here. Stop defending the clueless fisherman
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 4:34pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk:

What points? We've not even seen an architectural render of the proposed Lekki airport, yet you're talking as if it's already completed and ready for commissioning. Why can't you suspend that for now and appreciate the efforts being made at MMA? Why allow ethnic sentiments to override your common sense?

Me appreciate that my own country and the 6th largest producer of oil in the world is running around the world begging for money to spend on airport renovation? And you are talking about sentiments? Do you even know the meaning of sentiments?

How shameless and absurd can you get?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 4:35pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

What's the Lagos state being part of Nigeria got to do with the FG borrowing money from china to spend on airports

Where did the FG tell you they borrowed money from China to fix the airports? And even if they did, so what? Was it not at favourable repayment rates? What's wrong with that? If you want to do business don't you borrow money or seek capital? Do you use all your savings? Do you know anything about economics and finance?

that they really should not be part of?

Why should they not be part of building airports? Airports are infrastructure. A lot of the projects are Public Private Partnerships. Should FG hands off roads and rail too? So what is their job??

Shouldn't they be getting out of this airport business?

Why?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 4:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
@plain-dealer: The new terminals will eventually be concessioner to a private operator (possibly a Chinese firm).
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Awoofawo(m): 4:43pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

And what happens to your MMA investments and your best airport proclamations when LIA aka Lekki Int Airport gets here?

Either runs out of business or demoted as a cargo airfield or just another local airport in Lagos state..

just answer this quiz: how many international airports are locate in london area/metropolian?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 4:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk:

Where did the FG tell you they borrowed money from China to fix the airports?

The loans to Nigeria include $500 million to build airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano.

http://www.voanews.com/content/nigeria-chinese-loans/1694725.html

Why should they not be part of building airports? Airports are infrastructure. A lot of the projects are Public Private Partnerships. Should FG hands of roads and rail too? So what is their job??

PPP is always private investors putting up the money and not the government borrowing to be the primary investor.

Why?

Because private investors are better managers of investments and infrastructures and the government in Nigeria lacks the capacity and ability to maintain public infrastructures.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 4:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
Awoofawo:

just answer this quiz: how many international airports are locate in london area/metropolian?

At least 3?

And what's this got to do with anything?

Are the airports state controlled?

Is the government of UK running around borrowing money to renovate airports?
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by supaeagles(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
GboyegaD: And you think they will have passengers considering the cost since they run on very high overheads? Or do you think airplanes will just want to fly in there to announce their presence? How many air companies fly to the current ones available?
Kano was one of the major hubs for many carriers in the past. Given the city's commercial status (numerous manufacturing industries, trade etc) there will be significant number of air travelers. So, yes I believe the new airport will definately attract carriers to plan routes through the airport.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 5:04pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

The loans to Nigeria include $500 million to build airport terminals in Lagos, Abuja, Port Harcourt and Kano.

And what about the 15 remodelled airports?

PPP is always private investors putting up the money and not the government borrowing to be the primary investor.

PPP is flexible as arranged, and does not specify or delineate where a govt gets its funding for projects.

Because private investors are better managers of investments and infrastructures and the government in Nigeria lacks the capacity and ability to maintain public infrastructures.

And the govt of Lagos State has all the capacity in the world, because you came from outer space?

I think the Nigerians currently using the 15 remodelled federal airports as well as Nigerians using the now fixed and well-maintained federal roads and rail facilities will have a very different take on the 'abilities' of the federal govt.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 5:17pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk:

And what about the 15 remodelled airports?

Of what relevance is this and doesn't mean they are not borrowing money to renovate airport?

PPP is flexible as arranged, and does not specify or delineate where a govt gets its funding for projects.

So, please explain to us with documentation the so called PPP arrangement regarding this airport.

The federal government of Nigeria is the sole investor here on it's own infrastructure so where and who are the private partners?

And the govt of Lagos State has all the capacity in the world, because you came from outer space?

Irrelevant to the topic. We are talking about MMA.

I think the Nigerians currently using the 15 remodelled airports as well as Nigerians using the now fixed and well-maintained federal roads and rail facilities will have a very different view on the abilities of the federal govt.

Your personal opinion...
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by bokohalal(m): 5:18pm On Jul 05, 2013
From FAAN Annual Traffic Report, the Benin City Airport is the fourth busiest in Nigeria after MMA,Abuja and Port Harcourt which it follows closely. Infact, the Benin city airport had higher passenger volume than PH in some months of 2012.
Interestingly,the FAAN website does not recognise BNI as a major domestic airport. Calabar,Yola,Enugu and Sokoto are listed under the 'major'category.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 5:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
It's funny how you here blowing flowers and roses over a misguided and foolish adventure, but you have no clue that your federal government is borrowing money from china to carry out this foolery...

What a shame...
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 5:31pm On Jul 05, 2013
@Rossick nawa 4 u o,y u stil dey waste urtym dey ansa person wey dey think tru him yaanch?U get strength o,e b like say u don chop bellefull.

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by solomon111(m): 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer: It's funny how you here blowing flowers and roses over a misguided and foolish adventure, but you have no clue that your federal government is borrowing money from china to carry out this foolery...

What a shame...
Let's even assume for a moment that the funds were borrowed.
Pls tell me what's wrong in using low interest loans to refurbish our airports.

1 Like

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by anonimi: 5:37pm On Jul 05, 2013
Aderostock:

Am sorry, you need to stop all this nonsense you are spewing. Lagos Govt. provides free education for all except at the tertiary schools. same goes to all southwest states. so you except Fashola to provide free education to over 4million kids in Lagos? you must be joking. the 40 billion naira monthly allocation and IGR are being used to build standard infrastructures, pay salaries of the largest civil servants in Nigeria after the FG and also being used to maintain infrastructures.

What is it with ACN and their affinity to LIES

Eko Atlantic:

Those days of free education are over in SW. Free education was implemented by Awolowo to encourage Yorubas to study then, while other regions were still in stone age. Yorubas don't need encouragement anyone because every family knows the importance of education.

https://www.nairaland.com/1311395/opon-imo-launched-osun-today/6#16043617

As propaganda and hypocrisy is no longer enough na so una dey add lie, lie join am.
Na wa for una ph!

3 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Rossikk(m): 5:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
solomon111: Let's even assume for a moment that the funds were borrowed.
Pls tell me what's wrong in using low interest loans to refurbish our airports.

My brother, not to divert, but at least we're not as dumb as the Americans who've borrowed trillions from China yet still give them foreign aid.

http://www.examiner.com/article/u-s-borrows-money-from-china-and-then-gives-them-foreign-aid
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by okwele1(f): 6:09pm On Jul 05, 2013
Rossikk: Kano Airport Before Goodluck Jonathan

Kano Airport After Goodluck Jonathan

GEJ is working.
this is really beautiful. GEJ is working, will vote 4 him come next election
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2013
plaindealer:

Who is this 'medieval ignoramus'? That loan is for building brand new international Airport terminals in Kano, Lagos, Abuja and PH. The loan has NOTHING to do with the work done so far on the Kano Airport because even the loan has not been taken. It is still being FINALISED. The FG intends to finalise the deal next week in China.

4 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 6:38pm On Jul 05, 2013
My question is this: Will the Enugu airport international terminal be built with the Chinese loan? I ask because I've been reading conflicting news reports about the $500 million Chinese loan.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jul 05, 2013
CFCfan: My question is this: Will the Enugu airport international terminal be built with the Chinese loan? I ask because I've been reading conflicting news reports about the $500 million Chinese loan.
It appears the N13billion Enugu International Airport terminal will be financed from the regular budget. Unlike the others, work on it has been flagged off.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 6:58pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
It appears the N13billion Enugu International Airport terminal will be financed from the regular budget. Unlike the others, work on it has been flagged off.

Okay, thanks. The N13bn figure will also be used to construct a parking structure, apron.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by plaindealer: 7:06pm On Jul 05, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Who is this 'medieval ignoramus'? That loan is for building brand new international Airport terminals in Kano, Lagos, Abuja and PH. The loan has NOTHING to do with the work done so far on the Kano Airport because even the loan has not been taken. It is still being FINALISED. The FG intends to finalise the deal next week in China.

I'm sure you can make your point without the insults. Please grow up.

Now, it doesn't matter what the loan is building, its still a loan and accumulation of debt, debts that our future generations are burdened with.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Aderostock(m): 7:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
anonimi:

What is it with ACN and their affinity to LIES

As propaganda and hypocrisy is no longer enough na so una dey add lie, lie join am.
Na wa for una ph!

Eko Atlantic was only telling you that Awolowo had paid the price and sacrificed for us to know the importance of education to the people of southwest earlier before any ethnic group. so we dnt need any yeye free education at the tertiary level which can't be sustained with the current arrangement in Nigeria unless we go back to regional govt.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Nobody: 7:20pm On Jul 05, 2013
Construction of the new international terminal at MMA will begin sometime this month.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by taharqa2: 7:21pm On Jul 05, 2013
laykhorn:
I can see you are highly misinformed. Have you been to any of the aforementioned Universities to see what is on ground. I know virtually everything about FUOYE(Federal Uni. Oye-Ekiti)... I am an insider so dont spill some shi.t here. Stop defending the clueless fisherman
Some of you will not just do yrselves d favour of keeping yr mouths SHUT, so that d rest of us wud not know d extent of yr fooolery...smh
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by taharqa2: 7:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
Emmadani: @Rossick nawa 4 u o,y u stil dey waste urtym dey ansa person wey dey think tru him yaanch?U get strength o,e b like say u don chop bellefull.
The tin tire me no bi small. @Rossike, I beg leave dis people be. Apart from d fact that they are slightly intellectuali challengd, you shld hv known what they are trying to do ie their job description. Its pointless. Just say you 'agree' and pass...

2 Likes

Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by Youngtekkey(m): 7:41pm On Jul 05, 2013
Aderostock:

Eko Atlantic was only telling you that Awolowo had paid the price and sacrificed for us to know the importance of education to the people of southwest earlier before any ethnic group. so we dnt need any yeye free education at the tertiary level which can't be sustained with the current arrangement in Nigeria unless we go back to regional govt.
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by laykhorn(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: Some of you will not just do yrselves d favour of keeping yr mouths SHUT, so that d rest of us whom not know d extent of yr fooolery...smh
You just prove how sensible you are...
You argue with facts and have problems with the truth. You are leaving in falsehood at the expense of your yet-unborn generations. I can tell you what go on in two of those Universities but you are blind by a barrier of the GEJ goverment to admit the truth

Get this into your thick incorrigible skull, I am not with the APC but for good governance. FYI, I voted GEJ in 2011
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by laykhorn(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2013
taharqa2: Some of you will not just do yrselves d favour of keeping yr mouths SHUT, so that d rest of us whom not know d extent of yr fooolery...smh
I should keep quiet for what...

Ever heard this statement by
The day a man refuses to stand up for justice and the truth is the day his life outrightly ends. I'd rather be butchered on the streets of the corrupt than murder conscience.

#awaken your dozin conscience man#
Re: Kano Airport Before And After Jonathan by aurenflani: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2013
~Bluetooth:

They are spending billions renovating buildings when there over 10 million children out of school,several youths without employment or stable source of livelihood,extreme poverty,insecurity everywhere caused by societal dysfunction which metmorphosed into kidnapping,armed robbery among others.

Nigeria problems isn't about renovating airport but rehabilitating the larger masses who are the real owner of government but left out to participate in the workings of government.

This is nothing but a waste of fund and misplaced priority !

That's just one ministry and in case you don't know, it's call the Aviation ministry.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Don't Push Northerners Into Engaging In Reprisals - Arewa Group Warns Yorubas Ov / Protest In Benin Over Demolition Of Houses By Governor Obaseki (Photos) / Olusegun Obasanjo Watching His Son's Music Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.