Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,677 members, 7,831,104 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? (1572 Views)

See What This Bi-sexual Lady To Her Ex-boyffriend Who Broke Her Heart / Is It True That Short Ladies Donot Make Good House Wife? / Is It Advisable To Date A Fellow Course Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by RedCard1(m): 10:48am On Jul 05, 2013
I hate it when a woman becomes a liability to a man all in the name of being a full time house wife. I hate it because a woman is supposed to assist the husband not just in the kitchen but in building up the family. I hate it when a woman who is a graduate allows all the stress, money and time she spent in school to end up preparing food in the kitchen and dressing up her kids. Am not saying a woman should become the bread-winner or be absent from home at all time. She should just work. Now the question is as a man, can you let your wife become a house wife? As a woman can you become a house wife? If you are married as a man, is your wife a house wife? As a married woman, are you a house wife? If YES or NO, give your reasons....
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Nobody: 11:24am On Jul 05, 2013
Its a matter of choice and no one answer will satisfy all!
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Nobody: 11:25am On Jul 05, 2013
Even if he jazzes my head, i no go work.
Housewife kor, homewoman nih. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Agybabe(f): 11:52am On Jul 05, 2013
Never! My certificates can't be a wallpaper. My years of learning can't be a waste of time, money and effort. I must get something to do even if I don't get a job, I'll venture into a business.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by megareal: 12:10pm On Jul 05, 2013
Depends on the husband and the kind of woman he marries. Some men want their wives in d house 24/7, taking care of the home front., while others want women with flexible working hours like teaching. Few want their wives as high brow career women or business mogul. On the other hand, some women expect to wait hand and foot on the hubby while he brings in all d money. Others like me are so career minded that it will take 3rd world war to stop us working or doing business. So u see, its diff strokes 4 diff folks. D best thing is to discuss your choices before marriage so u can plan ahead to reduce friction in d family. And whatever agreement arrived at shd not be based on selfish reasons.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by APO(f): 12:13pm On Jul 05, 2013
Full time house-wife!!! What would she do from 8am-5pm?
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by RedCard1(m): 12:24pm On Jul 05, 2013
APO: Full time house-wife!!! What would she do from 8am-5pm?
cooking, eating, sweeping and sleeping. More questions pls.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by BlackPeni5: 12:27pm On Jul 05, 2013
Being a mother with a relatively nonsupporting husband is enough work already.

If you include your career to it, then na double palava be dat..

But being a house wife is totally up to the woman, after considering the finances of the family.
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Nobody: 12:39pm On Jul 05, 2013
APO: Full time house-wife!!! What would she do from 8am-5pm?
watching nollywood movies on african magic grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Monicasque(f): 12:44pm On Jul 05, 2013
i know someone who has always been a housewife and now the husband left and went to stay with a younger woman and this woman i know starves and is poor now all because she allowed a man to deceive her. No matter how rich the man can be , i will neva eva b a housewife in my life. I am just scared of what will happen when things go wrong in the future

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 05, 2013
@op..depends on what u call house wife. If u mean staying idle with noting doing, i will say no. If u meaning taking care of the home and at the same time managing one business or hussy's project: i would say yes it is good to become a housewife.
I say this beçause i have really observerd this housewife thing i have come to conclusion that these 'housewives' are really not idle as perceived. If u knw what it means to come back home,meet your wife at home, share knowledge and ideas together,and in sm cases implement her suggestion, u will begin to appreciate that 'housewife' u got.
Am nt encouraging idleness o,i jst think women should nt trade their responsiblity as home builders with career pursuit. Bringing up responsible children should be your numb 1 career

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by RedCard1(m): 1:29pm On Jul 05, 2013
chidyhels: @op..depends on what u call house wife. If u mean staying idle with noting doing, i will say no. If u meaning taking care of the home and at the same time managing one business or hussy's project: i would say yes it is good to become a housewife.
I say this beçause i have really observerd this housewife thing i have come to conclusion that these 'housewives' are really not idle as perceived. If u knw what it means to come back home,meet your wife at home, share knowledge and ideas together,and in sm cases implement her suggestion, u will begin to appreciate that 'housewife' u got.
Am nt encouraging idleness o,i jst think women should nt trade their responsiblity as home builders with career pursuit. Bringing up responsible children should be your numb 1 career
are u now saying a woman should just stay @home, cook, eat, sweep, dress up d kids, sleep and watch movies? She should do nothing to make money? If she wants chewing gum, she should beg her husband for #10? I think people should be thinking about the unexpected. What if d man looses his job and becomes jobless for 8 months? What if his business collapses? Money in d bank will get tired of being spent o. A woman should assist in bringing money into d family. Doing a little business won't be a bad idea @all.

1 Like

Re: Is It Advisable For A Lady To Become A FULL TIME HOUSE-WIFE? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 05, 2013
Red_Card: are u now saying a woman should just stay @home, cook, eat, sweep, dress up d kids, sleep and watch movies? She should do nothing to make money? If she wants chewing gum, she should beg her husband for #10? I think people should be thinking about the unexpected. What if d man looses his job and becomes jobless for 8 months? What if his business collapses? Money in d bank will get tired of being spent o. A woman should assist in bringing money into d family. Doing a little business won't be a bad idea @all.
am nt sure u read my post,read it again.

(1) (Reply)

Create More Romance In Your Life / The Problem With Some AFRICAN MEN / Confused Guy Says Mother & Daughter Want To Take His Virginity – Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.