Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,431 members, 7,819,557 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal (38632 Views)

Emir Sanusi Prays At The Tomb Of Murtala Muhammed (Pic) / Corpse Of Murtala Muhammed In 1976 (pix) / Buhari At The 40th Memorial Lecture Of Murtala Muhammed (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 4:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
CFCfan:

GEJ's trip to China is among other things, to negotiate a $500 million loan which will be used to build 4 new international terminals in Lagos, Abuja, PH and Kano.

Get this into your thick skull, we donot need GEJ to go and borrow money tht will be obviously mismanaged to build terminals for us.

If naija were to be working as it should,The state govt or private sector can build and efficiently manage any airport.Go and check hw many airports the US govt owns or the UK govt. GEJ is obviously retardeen and we knw the money he is goin to borrow will be for 2015 elections.

4 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
IKUKU OMA 2015 grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by mastersr95(m): 5:18pm On Jul 06, 2013
0lumide: Average man never chop, na to dey invest in airport and all sort of amenities that only benefits those rich enough to afford them.. We will all die in chaos if the govt keeps neglecting the poor..

No you will die in chaos if you cant think of what you can do to better your life and keep waiting for government to come and give you money.

I pity alot of Nigerians that are like you, keep waiting for government to come to your door step and give you money rather than start cracking your brain and getting creative to make more money than you making now

I'm sure thats probably what you grew up listening to your parent say, more reason why you cant afford a journey through the airport. and if you dont change your way of thinking right now, Your kids would grow up with these same mentality then the poverty will go from generation to generation. This is the same Nigeria where people are building houses everyday.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by alstacs(m): 5:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
All these will be meaningful only if those rude beggars in uniform at the terminals are trained or changed.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 5:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
The new MMA international terminal, as well as the existing one will be concessioned in due time.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Turbocharged: 5:42pm On Jul 06, 2013
0lumide: Average man never chop, na to dey invest in airport and all sort of amenities that only benefits those rich enough to afford them.. We will all die in chaos if the govt keeps neglecting the poor..
Dont blame anybody, you chose to be poor and average.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Evelynbose: 6:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
Beautiful.well done Mr president'. I do hope such will equally happen at d local airport.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Airforce1(m): 6:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
If this is what our international airport look like for real, then I'm really really disappointed.

Other countries are building airport .. Nigeria dey build hotels sey na airport.

Hisses and walks away
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Godpickin: 6:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
Stella oduha Anywhere u r may God bless u...see airport, i was shocked to see the airports in ds super form...u r blessed madam...i never regret working for u in SPG
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by dlox147(m): 6:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
BabaAlabi: Wait...I thought GEJ carried his clueless followers with him to china in order to borrow money for the remodeling of airport terminals? Let someone tell that retardeen that we need constant power first before airport remodeling...uninterrupted power creates a fertile environment for private investors to build airports in all the states in Naija...
Bro, please b4 u shout or critise ppl take sometime to do some research..Find out what is going on in the power sector, it will only cost about 5mins of ur time,
then u will understand and learn to appreciate this govt the more
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by plaindealer: 7:02pm On Jul 06, 2013
dlox147: Bro, please b4 u shout or critise ppl take sometime to do some research..Find out what is going on in the power sector, it will only cost about 5mins of ur time,
then u will understand and learn to appreciate this govt the more

Your government sinking you in debt to renovate common airports is nothing to appreciate..

You really should be asking what they do with our yearly budgets and why there's never 1 kobo in there to build anything or provide for the average Nigerians.

Should they even be in the airport business? Shouldn't this be a private sector thing?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Rossikk(m): 7:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
ewet:

Get this into your thick skull, we donot need GEJ to go and borrow money tht will be obviously mismanaged to build terminals for us.

If naija were to be working as it should,The state govt or private sector can build and efficiently manage any airport.Go and check hw many airports the US govt owns or the UK govt. GEJ is obviously retardeen and we knw the money he is goin to borrow will be for 2015 elections.

The UK govt built Heathrow. What are you talking about?

Govts borrow money for all sorts of things. Who are YOU to say what the govt should or should not spend money on? Who elected you? What are your qualifications? Are you better qualified than Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala? Sanusi? Jonathan himself? Or you think you're smarter than all of them combined? Please spare us your loud noise biko. When you've achieved something in your life that benefits more than ten people come back and talk.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by kenraj(m): 7:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
I was in around middle of june and i dint see any of these things am seeing... May be its what they envisage to happen at the airport.. This na wash abeg..
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by plaindealer: 7:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Rossikk:

The UK govt built Heathrow. What are you talking about?

But the UK doesn't own Heathrow, they privatized Heathrow a long time ago, it belongs to a private comp aka Ferrovial Group.

They like many countries all over the world saw the foolishness and lack of prudence in managing and holding on to state infrastructures hence privatization.

No sane and responsible government borrow hundreds of millions of dollars to invest in common airport renovations in 2013.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jul 06, 2013

Your opinion shows short shortsightedness.

An international airport is a requirement for bringing in foreign goods, human resources and vacationers.

The local economy directly benefits and the nation as a whole benefits from the landing fees that is charged to airlines.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Lasinoh: 8:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
Na terminal we go chop? cheesy
Where are the NIGGERIZED AIRLINES? embarassed
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by gospel11: 9:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
I Ơ̴̴͡.̮Ơ̴̴̴͡ greater tomorrow... Well good things have beginnings... In no distant time i believe it will oooooooose to other sectors especially the power sector.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by dives(m): 9:25pm On Jul 06, 2013
Ok nau that i'v seen the pix wot nau? I shuld start dancing limpopo?
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Rossikk(m): 9:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
ewet:

i made a terrible mistake by not realizing tht one can neva surpass a fool in what he knws hw to do best. Can you please remind us hw long ago tht contract had bin awarded. Tht project cant kick of because it is beign bugged down wit govt ineptitude and inefficiency,concession tht airport and see if it will not be transformed in no time.and there would have bin no need for the retardeen to go borrowing in the first place

We have bin trying to educate you tht the private sector can aptly transform tt airport with little or no contribution from the govt if the enabling enviroment was created. but your fish brain cannot allow you understand this simple fact.

Noisemaker. Oya, Bring your company to run it now? Maevis and even Bi-Courtney have been found to be mired in corruption and underhand dealings, leading to cancellaton of concession agreements. We have to be careful who we are 'concessioning' to. In the meantime, the govt WILL do its job of building infrastructure.

FAAN Justifies Cancellation of Concession Agreements
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307040661.html

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by peleson: 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Gbam!
Gbam! Gbam!!
HOOHA!!!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ewet: 10:01pm On Jul 06, 2013
Rossikk:

Noisemaker. Oya, Bring your company to run it now? Maevis and even Bi-Courtney have been found to be mired in corruption and underhand dealings, leading to cancellaton of concession agreements. We have to be careful who we are 'concessioning' to. In the meantime, the govt WILL do its job of building infrastructure.

FAAN Justifies Cancellation of Concession Agreements
http://allafrica.com/stories/201307040661.html

Read your post yourself. who created the lacuna in the first place,is it not the same govt you are here talking about. If govt were to be sincere abt the privatisation agenda. We will have honest and efficient businessmen coming in to help dev insfracstructure.

One govt concessions the other1 reverses.tell me were is stability of policies and you are shouting FDI FDI,hw will tht happen.

This airport biz GEJ is embarking on is pure misplacement of priority nothng more.
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by okwele1(f): 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
There's nothing as sweet as being on the side of the WINNING TEAM. I have NEVER supported any Nigeria politician (at the federal level) all my life. GEJ is the first and maybe the last.

I fell in love with GEJ from day one and the rest is history. The turning point was his sacking of Prof Maurice Iwu (I so much hated that man) and bringing on board of Prof Jega. I knew without doubt that ANY politician who insists (in deeds and words) on credible elections MUST perform.

All the while, I had no doubt that GEJ would deliver and would eventually become the FATHER of modern Nigeria. I was abused, blackmailed, persecuted, prosecuted, cursed, insulted and almost killed on NL for staying with my convictions. But day after day, my position is being vindicated.

I have been accused of being a paid agent. But that is a baseless accusation. I'm not being paid. Besides the fact that I ENJOY the fight that goes on here, my positions are born out of SINCERE convictions and GOOD conscience. Not that it is wrong or bad to be paid but the TRUTH is that I'm not being paid.

Also, I have no doubt my pay or rewards will come in the railway projects that will SOON be completed and commissioned across the country, the improving quality of federal roads, the Second Niger Bridge, Enugu International Airport, improved quality of the health sector, stable power supply,etc. For me, those are the things that matter.

By the way, I've been a fan of Barca for over 6yrs now so I know how it feels to be with a WINNING TEAM.

FRESH AIR everywhere you turn!
Am not a Barca fan but i agree with u, you are on point. Fresh air every where. Up GEJ!
Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by Tonyfrancis(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2013
eko ni baje#

Re: Pictures Of Murtala Mohammed International Terminal by ShineuEye: 12:36am On Jul 07, 2013
superior1: :oOP, I arrived Naija through that same airport on sunday and didn't see all those infrastructure you dey post oo.. shocked

Stop arriving through the back door

ewet:

And as demented as you are i do not belong to the same economic school as Ngozi Okonjo Iweala who blivs we shld keep saving and go a borrowing to meet govt obligations no matter hw little. thts why domestic debts is at its highest in naijas history and GEJ's budget deficit has never been surpasssed by any govt in naija's history.

Thank God, now carry your economic school and jump in the river

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Compromised Presidential Debate, He Used 'Expo' – Buhari Campaign Team / How Obama Influenced The Sacking Of Service Chiefs – Vanguard / Ohonbamu: I Am Now Supporting Ize-Iyamu, He Will Defeat Obaseki

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.