Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... (27675 Views)

Earthquake in San Francisco / BREAKING NEWS: Boeing 777 Crashes At San Francisco International Airport / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by 3kay945(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
I hope there isn't hidden causes to this undecided
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by bobthebuilder99(m): 10:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
hurricaneChris: Me think say plane no de crash for obodo oyibo?

Lol even in US waiting to hear the lame xcuses as a cover to their imperfections.

Thanks to God though

Why would it be the US's fault if a foreign plane, operated by a foreign country, crashed while trying to land in their airport?

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2013

Lol even in US waiting to hear the lame xcuses as a cover to their imperfections.

Thanks to God though

The plane was coming from Seoul, Korea, so who knows what may have happened?

Also, there is the possibility that it is pilot error.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by taiocol: 10:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: If this has happened in Nigeria,so people would have been ranting rubbish blaming FAAN,FG,and so on,now it happened in oyinbo land,all we can say is "Thank God,no life lost". Imperial colonization mindset.

you just said wat i was abt 2 say
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:31pm On Jul 06, 2013
Jack Baueress: Am still shocked that at my age, i haven't boarded a flight before and have been to the airport once since i was born. The day I'll make my very first flight, i will have to do a Thanksgiving in church. cheesy

Just pray you board aero when there is bad weather, at least you will have so much to talk about and enjoy
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by omotbol: 10:34pm On Jul 06, 2013
that plane was coming from South Korea, chai
OLYMPUS HAS FALLEN
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by YoshiMaster: 10:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: If this has happened in Nigeria,so people would have been ranting rubbish blaming FAAN,FG,and so on,now it happened in oyinbo land,all we can say is "Thank God,no life lost". Imperial colonization mindset.

Well what do you expect us to say?

First of all, its the duty of citizens to offer constructive criticism in times like these. I am sure U.S.A blogs are going crazy now trying to get to the bottom of it, so do not blame Nigerians for trying to get to the bottom of the DANA Air Crash that happened in our own Country.

Secondly, the response in Nigeria was too poor. My sister was driving that day, when she heard a caller on radio shouting that there is a plane crash somewhere and that people where burning alive, yet other stations where still playing music (maybe not their fault), but the propagation of the news, and commencement of help and rescue efforts should have been faster.

All in all it is a Patriots duty to constructively criticize their government for the betterment of all.

3 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by abujalapdog(m): 10:36pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

How often do airbuses crash in the US?

Would that be a yardstick for blaming government? Its a sign of low self esteem because we harldy believe in our own thing.

2 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 10:38pm On Jul 06, 2013
the topic is even misleading self. The airplane did not crash. It crash landed. Two different things.

3 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
abujalapdog:

Would that be a yardstick for blaming government? Its a sign of low self esteem because we harldy believe in our own thing.

The plane is owned and operated by a foreign airline and it was traveling from a foreign country. What does America have to do with it?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Fahj(m): 10:41pm On Jul 06, 2013
only one person announced dead and 20-30 injured
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
abujalapdog: Would that be a yardstick for blaming government? Its a sign of low self esteem because we harldy believe in our own thing.

Have they given you reason to believe? Every time you vote for a new face, Nigerians are often met with the same old disappointments. San Francisco international airport has army and health personnel on ground 24/7. By the time local stations were showing the news, most of the fire was out, and I'm only 2 hours away.

Can the same be said about MMA?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:47pm On Jul 06, 2013
Princek12:

The plane is owned and operated by a foreign airline and it was traveling from a foreign country. What does America have to do with it?
even if the plane is foreign owned,and it crashed in Nigeria,walai,Nigerians would still blame FG,and FAAN,as if they were the cause of the crash.. Nigeria,I hail thee.

2 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: How often do airbuses crash in the Nigeria?

Asiana is not an American airliner. We could compare the number of American airliners that have crashed to that of Nigeria in the last 5-10 years if you'd like.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Asiana is not an American airliner. We could compare the number of American airliners that have crashed to that of Nigeria in the last 5-10 years if you'd like.

Help me tell them o. It is a South Korean airline plane and after the crash, only one person was taken to the hospital.

Shey make we talk naija own?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 10:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Have they given you reason to believe? Every time you vote for a new face, Nigerians are often met with the same old disappointments. San Francisco international airport has army and health personnel on ground 24/7. By the time local stations were showing the news, most of the fire was out, and I'm only 2 hours away.

Can the same be said about MMA?
would you agree with me that the fire wouldn't have been put off even till now if the crash had happened in a bush?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by RedCard1(m): 10:56pm On Jul 06, 2013
Dis is terrible
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88: 2 people have been confirmed dead according to local news.
source?
Btw...it beats me that an asian aircraft could crash like Nigerian aircrafts that were produced 30years ago.
Seriously? Why the crash? Why why why? Was the pilot sleeping or did someone go psycho in the plane?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 10:58pm On Jul 06, 2013
South korean Plane crashed landed in the US, so wetin concern Us with am

Thanks to God though
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 10:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
pDude:

Help me tell them o. It is a South Korean airline plane and after the crash, only one person was taken to the hospital.

Shey make we talk naija own?
use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
maxwello.yg:

source?
Btw...it beats me that an asian aircraft could crash like Nigerian aircrafts that were produced 30years ago.
Seriously? Why the crash? Why why why? Was the pilot sleeping or did someone go psycho in the plane?

Well, I'm no investigator but it looks like pilot error. There's debris from the very tip of the runway to where the plane stopped. Some managed to fall into the ocean. Maybe he undershot it.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 11:00pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: even if the plane is foreign owned,and it crashed in Nigeria,walai,Nigerians would still blame FG,and FAAN,as if they were the cause of the crash.. Nigeria,I hail thee.

Big liar. The last time Emirates had a an issue with landing at MMA no one blamed Nigerian govt. The last British Airways had an issue in Abuja, no one blamed the Nigerian govt.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 11:06pm On Jul 06, 2013
It appears it was even pilot error, not because of poor maintenance or some stupid reason. Despite the crash land, the swift and professional response of safety personnel reduced any substantial casualty.

If it were Naija they will be fetching water from a well to extinguish the fire, or NEPA would have taken light and they will be using torsh light to see. Worse still, the emergency vehicles would have been looking for fuel to start the car.

Area boys would have stormed the scene looking for Ipad, Iphone, Blackberry Boludu, and Blackberry torsh.

Let's keep it real here, folks.

3 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jul 06, 2013
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by realone2012: 11:10pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: make una no derail this thread o.
Mods take note
u can open a new thread for enlinghtment! Mods take not.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by realone2012: 11:11pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: make una no derail this thread o.
Mods take note
u can open a new thread for enlinghtment! The truth is always bitter!!! Mods take not.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Dragging Suitcases, Ukrainians Trek To Safety In Hungary / Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 / Republicans' Bid To Overturn Joe Biden's Victory Ends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.