Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:07 AM

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... - Foreign Affairs (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... (27667 Views)

Earthquake in San Francisco / BREAKING NEWS: Boeing 777 Crashes At San Francisco International Airport / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by nas00(m): 1:35am On Jul 07, 2013
A witness described to ABC News what he saw when the plane was landing.

"The nose of the plane was higher than usual for a plane coming in to land and I thought that was odd," Stephen Dear said. "It got closer and closer. I saw the back tail hit the ground."

Dear said the plane then "caught fire immediately."

Asiana Airlines Crash Kills Two in San Francisco
Dominic Garcia, who also witnessed the crash, told ABC News that when the plane hit the runway, he saw what appeared to be "a huge mushroom cloud."

"Within 15 seconds it was just black smoke," he said. "It looked like an explosion."

The Boeing 777 is one of the safest airplanes in use, ABC News aviation analyst John Nance said.

"These airplanes are over the water, over the ocean all the time and Asiana has been running them for many years very successfully," Nance said.

Boeing issued a statement to ABCNews.com on the news of the crash.

"Boeing extends its concern for the safety of those on board Asiana Airlines Flight 214," the company said. "Boeing is preparing to provide technical assistance to the National Transportation Safety Board as it investigates the accident."

The last Boeing 777 to crash was a British Airways jet en route from Beijing to London's Heathrow airport, which crash landed short of the runway in January 2008. There were no fatalities, but 47 people on board sustained injuries.

The plane was powered by Pratt & Whitney PW4000 engines, according to a statement from the company's spokeswoman Pratt & Whitney.

Pratt & Whitney said it was cooperating with authorities, but declined to comment further.

Reference: http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=19595641
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by AZeD1(m): 1:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

1. We can as well argue that Dana airline is not a Nigerian airliner.

2. Dana airline was piloted by an AMERICAN pilot.

3.US got her independence 237 years ago, while Nigeria is barely 50 years.

I thought I should help you out. Stop comparing US with Nigeria.
When America was 50 the president didn't have an aircraft but Gej has one.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by nas00(m): 1:39am On Jul 07, 2013
We certainly need to hear the pilots out sad

Two dead already sad .. Over 60 passengers unaccounted for!!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by PrinceIkye: 1:59am On Jul 07, 2013
50calibre: Boeing 777 is a beast of the sky, seems miraculous there weren't more fatalities
most u comment,why didnt u report dat all dis tym?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by riskit33: 2:06am On Jul 07, 2013
ogugua88:

Have they given you reason to believe? Every time you vote for a new face, Nigerians are often met with the same old disappointments. San Francisco international airport has army and health personnel on ground 24/7. By the time local stations were showing the news, most of the fire was out, and I'm only 2 hours away.

Can the same be said about MMA?
America just marked her 237th anniversary, while Nigeria is yet to mark her 53th, the difference is clear so pls spare us the sermon.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by AZeD1(m): 2:08am On Jul 07, 2013
riskit33: America just marked her 237th anniversary, while Nigeria is yet to mark her 53th, the difference is clear so pls spare us the sermon.
Please can't you guys use your brain? Someone has posted earlier that Nigeria is older than Singapore but does that make Nigeria better?

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by tpia5: 2:09am On Jul 07, 2013
browncool: San Fransisco airport will not speak Mandarin (Chinese language)and the girls voice on the video background were Filipinos as they were speaking Tagalog

explain?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by tpia5: 2:10am On Jul 07, 2013
Yomieluv: If this has happened in Nigeria,so people would have been ranting rubbish blaming FAAN,FG,and so on,now it happened in oyinbo land,all we can say is "Thank God,no life lost".

eh, na so e be.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by riskit33: 2:25am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?
Pls help me ask them that question once more bro. It beats me that NLs keep fighting over trivial things. How did we manage to move from the topic to criticizing the nigerian system. Let it be known to all of us that the only way to move this country forward is by LOVING her NOT hating! That's how U.S got to where they are. So please grow up!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by riskit33: 2:34am On Jul 07, 2013
pDude:

What is this one talking sef?
if u dont understand him then it's not his fault.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by tpia5: 2:36am On Jul 07, 2013
riskit33: It's beats me that NLs keep fighting over trivial things.

eh, you'll get used to it.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 2:59am On Jul 07, 2013
riskit33: Pls help me ask them that question once more bro. It's beats me that NLs keep fighting over trivial things. How did we manage to move from the topic to criticizing the nigerian system. Let it be known to all of us that the only way to move this country forward is by LOVING her NOT hating! That's how U.S got to where they are. So please grow up!

I must say, I was thinking the same thing. But if this is to remain the natural progression of all topics posted on a Nigerian forum then so be it. Nigeria needs help and perhaps these are the e-cries for it.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by bittyend(m): 3:09am On Jul 07, 2013
Americans trying to give the almighty Boeing a bad name.

Airbus is the crash master, stop playing games with the European birds, spying and espionage addicted Americans!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by naptu2: 4:00am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?

Unfortunately I have to do this.

Key words: Sosoliso, plane crash, Port Harcourt Airport, Fire Fighters, water, ambulance, dead.

2 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 4:06am On Jul 07, 2013
A-ZeD:

When America was 50 the president didn't have an aircraft but Gej has one.
smiley smiley - you are funny/f00lish.... were planes invented in 1824 mister??
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by naptu2: 4:07am On Jul 07, 2013
naptu2:

Key words: Sosoliso, plane crash, Port Harcourt Airport, Fire Fighters, water, ambulance, dead.

https://www.nairaland.com/566625/remembering-sosoliso-plane-crash-victims

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sosoliso_Airlines_Flight_1145
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 4:14am On Jul 07, 2013
riskit33: Pls help me ask them that question once more bro. It beats me that NLs keep fighting over trivial things. How did we manage to move from the topic to criticizing the nigerian system. Let it be known to all of us that the only way to move this country forward is by LOVING her NOT hating! That's how U.S got to where they are. So please grow up!

In such threads, there's always a member exclaiming "na wa o! Even in America!" or something of that nature. The United States isn't a utopia, but the differences between Nigeria and the US couldn't be more clear. Because I say Nigeria isn't at the same level of the United States doesn't mean I hate Nigeria. If anything, stating the truth is the equivalent of loving Nigeria and wanting it to progress. Nigeria cannot progress if its peoples are deluded. Yes, a plane crashed today. However, compare this situation to that of Dana and Sosoliso. It's like night and day. Rather than point fingers at the US and look for chips and dents in armor, Nigerians should watch and learn and implement the good that came out of the aftermath of the crash. The US isn't perfect, but in matters like these, Nigeria couldn't have a better example to follow.

3 Likes

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by BekeeBuAgbara: 4:22am On Jul 07, 2013
bittyend: Americans trying to give the almighty Boeing a bad name.

Airbus is the crash master, stop playing games with the European birds, spying and espionage addicted Americans!
But Boeing is owned by America while Airbus is an European company. Oya thank me grin grin

1 Like

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by otokx(m): 4:38am On Jul 07, 2013
naptu2:

It appears some if not most Nigerians have an issue with amnesia.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by arirangda: 5:07am On Jul 07, 2013
crazy
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by arirangda: 5:08am On Jul 07, 2013
So he told u guys to kill pple? kids? shame on u who think islam is good
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by canalily(m): 5:56am On Jul 07, 2013
ogugua88:

My city is a two hour drive from San Francisco. The response was so fast that by the time news broke on local television, there was only smoke. No flames.
Pls lets clapp for ogugua for d nairaland ambassador at san fransico for reporting live at the point of the crash!! But if you are truely borne and brought up there please change your name to BERRY GOLD WATER OR SAND, even BILL OR CLINTON in lue to Ogugua so we know you are an AMELICAN.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 / Airforce One, Marine One Fleet Grounded As 3 White House Reporters Test Positive / An Abomination’: Pelosi Leads Outcry On Supreme Court Draft Abortion Ruling

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.