Stats: 3,154,520 members, 7,823,234 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:18 AM

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... (27682 Views)

Earthquake in San Francisco / BREAKING NEWS: Boeing 777 Crashes At San Francisco International Airport / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by realone2012: 11:13pm On Jul 06, 2013
emmanuel4758: sharrap
The truth is always bitter

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?

What is this one talking sef?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by dtwsola(m): 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
platinumricky: Boeing just got into hot water... the 777 aint even up to 3yrs in production and it has already gotten involved in a crash landing! the other time, it was a battery-related smoke issue.
Am sure the folks at Airbus will be happy to get more orders for their anticipated dreamliner rival since the 777 has been plagued with a lot of quality control gremlins.

What are you talking? The Boeing 777 has been in production for over 20 years.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:16pm On Jul 06, 2013
pDude:

I thought i was the only one that saw the gibberish he wrote

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Symphony007: 11:17pm On Jul 06, 2013
Yomieluv: If this has happened in Nigeria,so people would have been ranting rubbish blaming FAAN,FG,and so on,now it happened in oyinbo land,all we can say is "Thank God,no life lost". Imperial colonization mindset.
minutes after the crash, the fire truck have put off a the fire thereby saving lives, how long did it take the nigeria fire service to get to dana crash scene? How many times did they stop that their tank is empty and the needed to go and get more water?

Hours after the crash..the reason, manifest, and other vital details of the crash are already started coming out, up till today where is the full report on the dana crash?

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:19pm On Jul 06, 2013
Even some people who were born, bred and buttered in Ketu, Mile 12 are talking a lot of shyt on this thread without knowing any facts.

If you don't know shyt about anything on aviation, please be quiet angry angry
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Asiana is not an American airliner. We could compare the number of American airliners that have crashed to that of Nigeria in the last 5-10 years if you'd like.

See this Ibo babe dey fight for america ooooo

americano wanna be lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: use your head!
This crash happened in the airport, so there were so many security personnel and fire fighters around/in the airport, that's why they were able to quickly put off the fire and avert more disaster.
Now, could this have been the story if this crash happened in a bush or in an isolated place?

If you leave emotion out of this, you'll realise this has little to do with whether this plane crash-landed in the bush or runway, compared to a similar incident in Nigeria.

In Nigeria, half the fire tenders have insufficient water in their tanks, and the tenders themselves aren't in good shape. A fire tender out of water is as useful as a chocolate teapot.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
pDude:

the man is talking sense,you are the one finding it very difficult to comprehend common simple english.

he say the reason why dem fit help the people inside the plane na becos na for inside airport the plane for crash land,he come still say,if na inside bush the plane for crash like he dey happen for nigeria,he noe sure say most of the people go survive am.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by canalily(m): 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:

Have they given you reason to believe? Every time you vote for a new face, Nigerians are often met with the same old disappointments. San Francisco international airport has army and health personnel on ground 24/7. By the time local stations were showing the news, most of the fire was out, and I'm only 2 hours away.

Can the same be said about MMA?
@oguguah why are you fighting over land crash jet? You said you were just 2 hours away nd the fire was completely put off, which plane did you just travel with? So you are now in san fransisco?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
canalily: @oguguah why are you fighting over land crash jet? You said you were just 2 hours away nd the fire was completely put off, which plane did you just travel with? So you are now in san fransisco?

busted
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:28pm On Jul 06, 2013
ifihearam: See this Ibo babe dey fight for america ooooo

americano wanna be lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I was born and raised in the US and have lived here my entire life. Even if I wasn't, I'd still rank American safety and response above Nigeria's. One doesn't have to be a rocket scientist to know that.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
canalily: @oguguah why are you fighting over land crash jet? You said you were just 2 hours away nd the fire was completely put off, which plane did you just travel with? So you are now in san fransisco?

My city is a two hour drive from San Francisco. The response was so fast that by the time news broke on local television, there was only smoke. No flames.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 11:30pm On Jul 06, 2013
ogugua88:
How often do airbuses crash in the US?
Yomieluv:
How often do airbuses crash in the Nigeria?
An average of 30,000 flights a day in the United States. I don't think we have up to 500 a day in 9ja. So compared to the number of air accidents/number of flights, Ogugua88 has a good point
Source: NY Times
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by infonubia(m): 11:32pm On Jul 06, 2013
A Boeing 777 jetliner belonging to Asiana Airlines crashed and burst into flames while landing at the San Francisco Airport after a flight from Seoul on Saturday. A number of people were injured.

Pictures taken immediately after the crash showed passengers streaming off the plane. TV footage from the air later showed the badly damaged fuselage of the Boeing 777 blackened by fire.

South Korea's Yonhap news agency in Seoul said the plane had carried 292 passengers and 16 crew members.

Rachael Kagan, a spokeswoman for San Francisco General Hospital, said 10 critically injured people had been taken there, including two children, six women and four men. She said most of them spoke only Korean. There were no other immediate reports of casualties.

A YouTube video showed gray smoke coming from the plane while some passengers could be seen jumping down the inflatable emergency slides.

A photo posted on Twitter showed passengers walking off the plane as smoke rises on the other side

"I just crash landed at SFO," read the accompanying message from David Eun. "Tail ripped off. Most everyone seems fine. I'm ok. Surreal..."

San Francisco International Airport, located some 12 miles south of downtown San Francisco, is California's second busiest, behind LAX.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 11:33pm On Jul 06, 2013
pDude:

now I know you ain't making real use of your head dude

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 11:35pm On Jul 06, 2013
supaeagles:

An average of 30,000 flights a day in the United States. I don't think we have up to 500 a day in 9ja. So compared to the number of air accidents/number of flights, Ogugua88 has a good point

Who is WE?

see people dey claim here ooo
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 11:39pm On Jul 06, 2013
Symphony007: minutes after the crash, the fire truck have put off a the fire thereby saving lives, how long did it take the nigeria fire service to get to dana crash scene? How many times did they stop that their tank is empty and the needed to go and get more water?

Hours after the crash..the reason, manifest, and other vital details of the crash are already started coming out, up till today where is the full report on the dana crash?
you are such a clever dc!k. Could the capacity of Dana crash be compared to this one?
Did Dana crash at the airport?
SMH...
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by kehinde1588(m): 11:40pm On Jul 06, 2013
Blessmira:
Aboki na ram like u . E be like say u no get job. Have u ever opened a bible nt 2 talk of readin it.
Mcheeeeewwwww! Beta tak jaree.
dis a challenge and not allegation.. Yes! He is aboki...dere is no place in d bible all dos points he mentioned can b found.well it can be found in the new testament sha cos thats nt the real bible
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by tellwsdom: 11:43pm On Jul 06, 2013
Abeg make una come sweep the debris comot for my area jor angry
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
ifihearam:

Who is WE?

see people dey claim here ooo
facts are facts, if you can dispute my facts, go ahead, personal attacks just make you look childish wink
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2013
pDude: Even some people who were born, bred and buttered in Ketu, Mile 12 are talking a lot of shyt on this thread without knowing any facts.

If you don't know shyt about anything on aviation, please be quiet angry angry
and you that was born in ikoyi, talk on. Mr Wisest undecided
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 11:46pm On Jul 06, 2013
Crassus:

I thought i was the only one that saw the gibberish he wrote
certainly the gibberish in your skul won't allow you decipher when someone is making sense.
As na gibberish full your head, why everything no go be gibberish to you

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 11:48pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: you are such a clever dc!k. Could the capacity of Dana crash be compared to this one?
SMH...
...and when Dana crashed was there an organized rescue effort? Only concerned citizens were there ..... fire police came for practically a clean up operation.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
supaeagles: facts are facts, if you can dispute my facts, go ahead, personal attacks just make you look childish wink

personal attack on who na?
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by donem: 11:49pm On Jul 06, 2013
Hmmm! R.I.P to the deads and speedy recovery to the injured.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by EmperorSeal(m): 11:50pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: if you were a girl I'd say you deserve a lovely 4fuck this night.
You just said my mind.
u can still 4uk him u know?

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 11:51pm On Jul 06, 2013
supaeagles:

500/ day my behind. I don't think Naija has up to 100/day.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: certainly the gibberish in your skul won't allow you decipher when someone is making sense.
As na gibberish full your head, why everything no go be gibberish to you

Well, I don't understand the logic in that guy's post either. He mentioned isolated places. I don't think it gets anymore isolated than the Hudson River, where a plane crash landed in 2009 and everyone on board survived. 150 passengers, 5 injuries (most of them minor).

Rather than look for holes and weaknesses on US soil to justify areas where Nigeria lacks, appreciate the good and look for ways to implement it in Nigeria and make it great.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 11:53pm On Jul 06, 2013
Lordave: you are such a clever dc!k. Could the capacity of Dana crash be compared to this one?
SMH...

Typical Backward nigerian mentality. Does a plane have to crash at an airport to prompt a fire department to adequately respond?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Republicans' Bid To Overturn Joe Biden's Victory Ends / Zelensky Says Ukraine Is Ready To Discuss Neutrality - Russian Media / Airforce One, Marine One Fleet Grounded As 3 White House Reporters Test Positive