Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,203 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:57 AM

Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... - Foreign Affairs (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... (27653 Views)

Earthquake in San Francisco / BREAKING NEWS: Boeing 777 Crashes At San Francisco International Airport / Helicopter Crashes In Central London (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
tellwsdom: Abeg make una come sweep the debris comot for my area jor angry

I no think say the debris reach Ajegunle.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 11:54pm On Jul 06, 2013
supaeagles:

An average of 30,000 flights a day in the United States. I don't think we have up to 500 a day in 9ja. So compared to the number of air accidents/number of flights, Ogugua88 has a good point
Source: NY Times
you'll only stop portraying the alarming magnitude of your ignorance the day you stop comparing Nigeria with the US.
By the time GEJ as the 5th elected civilian president is true with his transformation agenda, you can start our comparisons.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 11:55pm On Jul 06, 2013
ifihearam: personal attack on who na?
never mind - I thought I was talking to an adult .... grin
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 11:57pm On Jul 06, 2013
Princek12:

Typical Backward nigerian mentality. Does a plane have to crash at an airport to prompt a fire department to adequately respond?
typical of an ordained dumbarze!
Should this topic warrant unnecessary comparison of Nigeria with the US?

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Kenedex: 11:59pm On Jul 06, 2013
[God countiue to save ur people
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 12:00am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: you'll only stop portraying the alarming magnitude of your ignorance the day you stop comparing Nigeria with the US.
By the time GEJ as the 5th elected civilian president is true with his transformation agenda, you can start our comparisons.

Mukaila. They are comparing the number of accidents per flights to get a rate of accidents.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 12:02am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: typical of an ordained dumbarze!
Should this topic warrant unnecessary comparison of Nigeria with the US?

Retardeen. Stop running from the issue. I did not the comparison. You were the one who said one plane crashed at the airport while the other crashed in a residential area. Your thi ki g shows why Nigeria is retarded.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by KayDee4: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2013
Yomieluv: If this has happened in Nigeria,so people would have been ranting rubbish blaming FAAN,FG,and so on,now it happened in oyinbo land,all we can say is "Thank God,no life lost". Imperial colonization mindset.

What happened in Nigeria when sosoliso crashed right there @ the airport in '05 ?

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 12:03am On Jul 07, 2013
Kay-Dee:
What happened in Nigeria when sosoliso crashed right there @ the airport in '05 ?

Thank you.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 12:04am On Jul 07, 2013
Lordave: if you were a girl I'd say you deserve a lovely 4fuck this night.
You just said my mind.
He still got a hole at his bottombase you know

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 12:05am On Jul 07, 2013
Princek12:

Retardeen. Stop running from the issue. I did not the comparison. You were the one who said one plane crashed at the airport while the other crashed in a residential area. Your thi ki g shows why Nigeria is retarded.
chai!!
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Lordave: 12:06am On Jul 07, 2013
LastApostle:
He still got a hole at his bottombase you know
I'm not a
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by supaeagles(m): 12:13am On Jul 07, 2013
Princek12:

Mukaila. They are comparing the number of accidents per flights to get a rate of accidents.
Thank you bros .... you saved me some typing there smiley

@lordave : you should have read the previous posts b4 letting loose on your *****
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by ifihearam: 12:15am On Jul 07, 2013
supaeagles: never mind - I thought I was talking to an adult .... grin

SMH
GO PUT ON YOUR DIAPERS
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 12:20am On Jul 07, 2013
pDude:

What is this one talking sef?

He is making real sense here. The case would have been different if the plane crashed in a residential area or forest. Efficiency has a limit.

Besides, it is expected that a quick response mechanism would spring into action as it happened right at the airport. You may not know it but hours before a plane anywhere in the world touches down on the runway, there are already all sorts of emergency crew waiting for it's arrival so same crew would have sprung into action if it were at MMA, it is no rocket science.

You also have to know that a high percentage of plane crashes that happen at or close to an airport is often due to faults of the control tower or airport shortcomings and that is a possibility here.

We all know Naija is bad but have a little respect for your homeland because the world is watching.

But if you insist, I can show you 101 ways America is highly inefficient and corrupt. So cut the crap about America being perfect 'cause you can only fool naive folks.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by AskProf: 12:23am On Jul 07, 2013
A fire truck sprays water on Asiana Flight 214 after it crashed at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday, July 6, 2013, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 12:35am On Jul 07, 2013
AskProf: A fire truck sprays water on Asiana Flight 214 after it crashed at San Francisco International Airport on Saturday, July 6, 2013, in San Francisco. (AP Photo/Noah Berger)
See where plane crashland, see ocean shocked. Baba God you too much, I love you Lord smiley
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by slymao: 12:37am On Jul 07, 2013
Two people died and several were injured. The firefighters responded on time. How i wish firefighters responded on time when the Dana Plane crashed, a lot of souls would have been savedsad Thank God for the lives that were saved today. Watch Video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJRzdS3WmBo
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Rhino5dm: 12:37am On Jul 07, 2013
ogugua88:

Asiana is not an American airliner. We could compare the number of American airliners that have crashed to that of Nigeria in the last 5-10 years if you'd like.

1. We can as well argue that Dana airline is not a Nigerian airliner.

2. Dana airline was piloted by an AMERICAN pilot.

3.US got her independence 237 years ago, while Nigeria is barely 50 years.

I thought I should help you out. Stop comparing US with Nigeria.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by KayDee4: 12:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Bandit C.:

He is making real sense here. The case would have been different if the plane crashed in a residential area or forest. Efficiency has a limit.

Besides, it is expected that a quick response mechanism would spring into action as it happened right at the airport. You may not know it but hours before a plane anywhere in the world touches down on the runway, there are already all sorts of emergency crew waiting for it's arrival so same crew would have sprung into action if it were at MMA, it is no rocket science.

You also have to know that a high percentage of plane crashes that happen at or close to an airport is often due to faults of the control tower or airport shortcomings and that is a possibility here.

We all know Naija is bad but have a little respect for your homeland because the world is watching.

But if you insist, I can show you 101 ways America is highly inefficient and corrupt. So cut the crap about America being perfect 'cause you can only fool naive folks.

Explosion on impact or a crash in a remote area where the plane's status is 'missing' for a long time, is different and excusable.

Fire service arriving over 2 hours after a crash (as reported in the Dana case) is not "efficiency bound by limits' it is gross inefficiency. Same goes for the sosoliso incident, it was right there @ the airport and the news at that time was that airport fire service had no water (if you heard a different, cogent reason for the slow or no response, pls tell me).

No disrespect to Naija, I never badmouth my country in the presence of foreigners but lets stop lying to ourselves as Nigerians.

We no dey try.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Princek12(m): 12:45am On Jul 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

You dey craze. How is Dana not a Nigerian Airliner? It is a domestic airline plying domestic routes and regulated by Nigerian laws.

Dana was flown by an American but the Nigerian authorities cleared the airplane to fly despite its poor maintenance records and the plane not being flight worthy.

Granted, nigeria got her independence 50 years ago, but Nigeria has reached a stage where it should be eating solid food. Sadly, Nigeria still drinks milk and cerelac.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by KayDee4: 12:48am On Jul 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

3. US got her independence 237 years ago, while Nigeria is barely 50 years.

If you want to use independence age as an excuse, we can argue that Nigeria is older than Singapore and therefore, should be more advanced.

But really, I don't like that line of excuse because all we have to do is copy what is already working from anywhere.

If America spent 200 years trying to invent and build their system to work efficiently, we don't have to spend 200 hundred years trying to copy a system that already works.

In cases where we fail to get simple things right, a comparison is in order.

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by donsax: 12:52am On Jul 07, 2013
Can we stop saying "crash landing?" NTSB has it right - "crash on landing". Plane either crashed or it landed, but it could not have done both.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 12:53am On Jul 07, 2013
Kay-Dee:
If America spent 200 years trying to invent and build their system to work efficiently, we don't have to spend 200 hundred years trying to copy a system that already works.

Thank you.
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by Nobody: 1:02am On Jul 07, 2013
Princek12: You dey craze. How is Dana not a Nigerian Airliner? It is a domestic airline plying domestic routes and regulated by Nigerian laws.

Dana was flown by an American but the Nigerian authorities cleared the airplane to fly despite its poor maintenance records and the plane not being flight worthy.

Granted, nigeria got her independence 50 years ago, but Nigeria has reached a stage where it should be eating solid food. Sadly, Nigeria still drinks milk and cerelac.

Kay-Dee:
If you want to use independence age as an excuse, we can argue that Nigeria is older than Singapore and therefore, should be more advanced.

But really, I don't like that line of excuse because all we have to do is copy what is already working from anywhere.

In cases where we fail to get simple things right, a comparison is in order.

cheesy cool
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by nas00(m): 1:19am On Jul 07, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Bros, u've got no point. South Africa became a republic in 1961, Nigeria in 1963. Oya, compare the two nations nah.
Concerning your basis for concluding that DANA is an AMERICAN airline, one can only deduce that the reason nigeria has remained behind most of her counterparts that gained independence around 1960 is because most nigerians act before thinking (like you did in your post). And so have our leaders been sad
And nigerians, in their ignorance 'n misplaced pride, are typically predictable.
e.g. I know when you read this, you will want to justify your misyarn, instead of acknowledging you goofed, learning from it and moving on. smiley

Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by davido69: 1:20am On Jul 07, 2013
hurricaneChris: Me think say plane no de crash for obodo oyibo?

Lol even in US waiting to hear the lame xcuses as a cover to their imperfections.

Thanks to God though
Stupidity
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by davido69: 1:27am On Jul 07, 2013
[quote author=supaeagles]

An average of 30,000 flights a day in the United States. I don't think we have up to 500 a day in 9ja. So compared to the number of air accidents/number of flights, Ogugua88 has a good point
[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/12/business/2012-was-the-safest-year-for-airlines-globally-since-1945.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0]Source: NY Naija always compare,stupid ,jobless fellow...
Re: Asiana Airlines Crashes At San Francisco Airport, USA... by davido69: 1:32am On Jul 07, 2013
bobthebuilder99:

Why would it be the US's fault if a foreign plane, operated by a foreign country, crashed while trying to land in their airport?
Dont mind nijja people critising US,they are just jealous that nijja SUCKS...Stupid people

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Paul Biya Wins Re-Election As Cameroon President At 85 / Airforce One, Marine One Fleet Grounded As 3 White House Reporters Test Positive / An Abomination’: Pelosi Leads Outcry On Supreme Court Draft Abortion Ruling