Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,003 members, 7,817,967 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

Should I Take Her Word For It? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Take Her Word For It? (1419 Views)

How Do I Take My Fiance Virginity Without Hurting Her? / ITS Just Our 1st Date And She Brought Condoms, "Should I Take Her Serious? / What Do You Do If Your Boyfriend Or Girlfriend Breaks His Or Her Word To You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Take Her Word For It? by damilotaylor: 10:48am On Jul 07, 2013
Dear Nairalander, am presently in a relationship with a girl I met a couple of months ago. On getting to know her and after we had gotten used to one another, she told me she was a virgin and I was cool with it. Am no saint myself and I told her that was really awesome for her to have stayed that long ( she is 24 years old) without having had sex. On hearing this, I made up my mind that I was going to be serious with her and I did away with all other girls in my life. I also told her I was ready to wait as long as she wants even if it means our wedding night if that was what she wanted. She said that ok and I made a vow to myself that I was going to remain faithful to her no matter what.
She has visited me at my station a couple of times and we jus made out. I never went beyond first base with her. Last week, she came visiting and one thing led to another, we both got carried away, and before I could say Jack Robinson, I was making love to my 'so called' virgin gf. I was surprised she wasn't a virgin as she claimed and when I enquired as to why she would deceive me she claimed she did not. She claimed her hymen must have broken somtime ago cos she engaged in exercises during her childhood and that was why there was no blood and stuff. I decided to let it slide and believe her. I told her it dint matter that iit was her I wanted and not her virginity. We continued dating without havin sex afterwards. Am gonna get married to her by November this year if things go according to plan.
However, d virginity stuff bothers me a lot cos I get the feeling she wasn't totally honest with me. She claims I am the first guy to make love to her but am finding it difficult swalooing that. I have tried to raise the issue a couple of times so we could clear the air. If she admits she has had sexx before I would not stop lovin her but its the feeling that she's lying to me that bothers me. I can't sleep cos I keep thinking about it.I don't want this to be between us but I realise it will always be. I love her to bits but I can't get this feelin outta my mind. I really need your candid advise. Thanks.
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Nobody: 11:15am On Jul 07, 2013
There are a number of ways of breaking one's hymen and exercise is one, it's definitely a possibility. I can't tell you if she's lying though, is the hymen thing the only issue? Or has she done other things to make you suspect her?
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by xynerise: 11:23am On Jul 07, 2013
ibkaye: There are a number of ways of breaking one's hymen and exercise is one, it's definitely a possibility. I can't tell you if she's lying though, is the hymen thing the only issue? Or has she done other things to make you suspect her?
My thought exactly. There are some signs you can detect that show she lied to you.

Maybe, just maybe she has the knowledge that exercise can break the hymen that was why she used that as an excuse(Dont get me wrong on this).
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Amya(f): 11:28am On Jul 07, 2013
You do know deep inside you that she actually deceived you. She lied to you and you bought it.

But I don't feel sorry for you as you just found her worthy of being in a serious relationship with you when she told you she was still a virgin at 24. if she said had said otherwise from the beginning, you wouldn't have taken her seriously.

FYI, she's been screwing with every other guy left, right and center. That 'broken hymen' story is just total bull****!

I don't get how guys claim to be wise and smart and then get deceived so easily. But I don't have any pity for guys like you. You deserve it bro.

Wish you a HML
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by k2039: 11:40am On Jul 07, 2013
Just let it slide jare, since you love her, she could be telling the truth and she could also be lying, but the chances of the latter is higher (99.9%), she definitely knows she wasn't a virgin before that day. she should have knowledge about how and when she lost her virginity. I'm not a mind reader, just take her word for it, except you have noticed any form of immorality in her. Conjugal bliss dear.

[img]http://cdn.meme.li/instances/300x300/39484489.jpg[/img]
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Jul 07, 2013
OP u only wish to know the premise u both are stampeding on - You only wish to know the truth having been given a false Impression already...

Well, Its difficult to say If she's lying or not, and I'd advice u not to easily take down either assumption from any advicer, hence they hardly know her wayabout.

Its In ur hands to decipher the truth, I try to remain logical in my relationships not to the extreme though. You dont get the truth by forcing them to spill It, u'd get a duress answer!

She's ur Boo, If u've been following her up, a single Incident shouldnt create an impression she's taking u on a ride - Unless she's a good Liar or u're a bad Logician.

Even If she aint a Virgin, had a bad past but concealed them for the fear of a breakup, what matters Is that u two are together now, U aint perfect neither Is she - Overlook the Impression and go on with the marriage, Jxt stay critical in ur assessments, thats It.
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by bingbagbo(m): 1:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by alkonami(m): 1:24pm On Jul 07, 2013
Guy u don enter one chance.

Make sure you iron things out before you take her to the altar
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Chinwem(f): 1:59pm On Jul 07, 2013
Should I take her word for it?
No, don't take her word for it. Instead take the opinion of faceless people on a public forum who may not have even had breakfast talk less of money to toast babes

Dear Nairalander, am presently in a relationship with a girl I met a couple of months ago
I don't think you re in a relationship..........you cannot 'relate' on this issue talk less of others that are gonna come up

On getting to know her and after we had gotten used to one another, she told me she was a virgin and I was cool with it. Am no saint myself
You re no saint.........nobody is, so why bring this here??

On hearing this I made up my mind that I was going to be serious and did away with all the other girls in my life
Players always fear that the very games they played on others will be played on them .......... Hence the obsession with virginity and knowing who /if any previous sexual encounters

However, d virginity stuff bothers me a lot cos I get the feeling she wasn't totally honest with me. She claims I am the first guy to make love to her but am finding it difficult swalooing that. I have tried to raise the issue a couple of times so we could clear the air. If she admits she has had sexx before I would not stop lovin her but its the feeling that she's lying to me that bothers me. I can't sleep cos I keep thinking about it.I don't want this to be between us but I realise it will always be. I love her to bits but I can't get this feelin outta my mind. I really need your candid advise. Thanks.

She claims? So she's essentially a liar? You re in a relationship with someone who you cannot take their word for..............that is what you re implying.
It seems to me your mind is made up and you don't need anyone's opinion but just want to justify the decision you ve already made in your head. Nothing whatsoever about her character or personality but everything hinges on the presence of a hymen which frankly speaking nobody on this forum can vouch for.

I think that young lady should move on with her dear life and not waste her time on you because you re not worth it.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by xynerise: 2:03pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinwem: Should I take her word for it?
No, don't take her word for it. Instead take the opinion of faceless people on a public forum who may not have even had breakfast talk less of money to toast babes
HOW FOOLISH SOME PEOPLE CAN BE. undecided

Its ''Let alone'' not ''talk less''
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Chinwem(f): 2:07pm On Jul 07, 2013
Foolish is your middle name^^^^^^
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by xynerise: 2:09pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinwem: Foolish is your middle name^^^^^^
Happy Sunday
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by ednut1(m): 2:43pm On Jul 07, 2013
Was there free entry or was it tight, if yes, u be mugu , she decieved u
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by daisyella: 3:17pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinwem: Should I take her word for it?

Dear Nairalander, am presently in a relationship with a girl I met a couple of months ago
I don't think you re in a relationship..........you cannot 'relate' on this issue talk less of others that are gonna come up

On getting to know her and after we had gotten used to one another, she told me she was a virgin and I was cool with it. Am no saint myself
You re no saint.........nobody is, so why bring this here??

On hearing this I made up my mind that I was going to be serious and did away with all the other girls in my life
Players always fear that the very games they played on others will be played on them .......... Hence the obsession with virginity and knowing who /if any previous sexual encounters

She claims? So she's essentially a liar? You re in a relationship with someone who you cannot take their word for..............that is what you re implying.
It seems to me your mind is made up and you don't need anyone's opinion but just want to justify the decision you ve already made in your head. Nothing whatsoever about her character or personality but everything hinges on the presence of a hymen which frankly speaking nobody on this forum can vouch for.

I think that young lady should move on with her dear life and not waste her time on you because you re not worth it.
so being in a relationship means dat u'll have 2 believe evrythin d person says , sorry but ur analysis makes no sense 2 me. Dis faceless people as u put it mite actually have a reasonable advice 2 give, I'm sure de op had a rzn for bringing up d issue here, so itz not compulsory 2 comment
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by k2039: 9:18pm On Jul 07, 2013
Chinwem: Foolish is your middle name^^^^^^
and wise is your last name goofball.
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by segzicres(m): 9:32pm On Jul 07, 2013
Lol, op ur a super maga but im sure ur story is fictitious
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by damilotaylor: 10:56pm On Jul 07, 2013
@ ibkaye, daisyella, el guapo and k2039 thanks a bunch. your comments are really appreciated.
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by WackyJ1(m): 12:17am On Jul 08, 2013
From the age of 17 to the age of 24. That's 7 years of keeping her virginity away from the hands of Guys only to be Broken by a few months of dating and "Jack Robinson".
Bro forget it, the girl is lying..

1 Like

Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Nobody: 12:38am On Jul 08, 2013
I got this very huge feelings in my stomach dt it's a lie. To be candid, I still don't get why ladies lie about that virginity stuff, most especially to a guy dt der's a chance he'll still get der one day. @op, i wouldn't say you should overlook it cos I am nt rily a fan of trying to play smart in relationships, most especially serious ones. I'll say try and find out the truth from her (der are numerous ways of doing that, she's your woman) and warn her not to play stupid games on you again. Forgive her and live blissfully ever after. cool

On the other hand, you could have known if she was lying from the tightness of the place, her wealth of experience in the act and the way with which she answered the question. i.e. if the answer was ready-made or not.
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by OmoAlata1(f): 1:55am On Jul 08, 2013
Even if she claimed her hymen broke a long time ago, you could still tell if she was a virgin or not. Was it very difficult for you to enter? Like did you struggle a lot for the entry?I am talking 10 minutes or longer. If the answer is no, then she is no virgin. You have been bamboozled
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by Nobody: 2:15am On Jul 08, 2013
Obsessive virginy disorder - that's d problem most mad men with numrous indiscretions have

@ OP; sorry If u fall in2 dat category.

Am out; **spits on thread**
Re: Should I Take Her Word For It? by opensecret: 2:51am On Jul 08, 2013
what's with your user id, Jesu.

na mad people full this place, lord have mercy.

(1) (Reply)

Ladies Can You Attend Your Ex Wedding? / 10 Divorce Stories You Won't Believe / Its My Birthday But I Am Noy Happy.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.