Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:32 PM

Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! - Foreign Affairs (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! (44012 Views)

Disney To Boycott Georgia Over Gay Marriage Bill / Libyans Will Regret What They Did To Ghadafi.! / Ladies Boycott Every News Network, Demand Handsome Anchors (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30) (Go Down)

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 11:59am On May 20, 2008
My general point, is that migration due to failed countries is NORMAL the world over. Nigeria would not be any different. I am comparing the phenomenon of migration, something which other peoples would not be condemned for.

The point I am making is that the only reason some are looking to justify this is because it involved the killing of Nigerians, simple. If it was just zimbabweans, even though their country is also failed, noone would be trying to justify it at all.

Nigeria has resourses yes, and those who have failed the nation are not the ones being burned alive, they are alive and well in Nigeria. I was not comparing Nigeria and Poland nin terms of ecomony , I am comparing the culture of migration.

You are hinging the justifcations of killings on the failure of government, thats just doesn't wash with me. The government is to blame for people leaving, but the fact that someone leaves for greener pasture does not justify that person being killed, it simply doesn't.

Xiamorra has no point, only hatred. She says all this, while herself being a Nigerian outside Nigeria.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:00pm On May 20, 2008

Mpele
South Africa

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers!
« #160 on: Today at 10:22:23 AM »  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
By the way guys I'll be coming to Abuja on the 1st of June when Bafana Bafana takes on the Super Eagles. I'll come back to South Africa on the 4th. That means I'll have 2 days to tour Abuja. I'm looking foward to the trip. My dream will be finally realised. I;ve been dreaming of visiting Nigeria especially Lagos. I've only been to Dakar in Senegal and Accra in Ghana. Hopefully the two giants will rise to the occasion. They must justify their giant status as they only won the AFRICAN CUP of Nations three times between themselves (Nigeria 2 times, South Africa once).

Looking foward to seeing some fine ladies there

Look at this useless thing. I say you are not a South African. Only a typical moronic Nigerian will still be thinking of "toto' in this kind of discussion.  I hope you are bleeped to death while you are in Abuja since that is where your life ends. 

"Looking forward to meeting some fine ladies there" my arse. 

All the ones you have infected with the "H" factors over there is not enough for you I see?

Useless animal.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 12:02pm On May 20, 2008
Xiomarra:

I may be sick,
finally u agree,get a doctor then.i doubt if its a may.You are
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by ayusman16(m): 12:03pm On May 20, 2008
The guy tire me oo.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SkyBlue1: 12:04pm On May 20, 2008
londoner:

My general point, is that migration due to failed countries is NORMAL the world over. Nigeria would not be any different. I am comparing the phenomenon of migration, something which other peoples would not be condemned for.

The point I am making is that the only reason some are looking to justify this is because it involved the killing of Nigerians, simple. If it was just zimbabweans, even though their country is also failed, noone would be trying to justify it at all.

Nigeria has resourses yes, and those who have failed the nation are not the ones being burned alive, they are alive and well in Nigeria. I was not comparing Nigeria and Poland nin terms of ecomony , I am comparing the culture of migration.

You are hinging the justifcations of killings on the failure of government, thats just doesn't wash with me. The government is to blame for people leaving, but the fact that someone leaves for greener pasture does not justify that person being killed, it simply doesn't.

Xiamorra has no point, only hatred. She says all this, while herself being a Nigerian outside Nigeria.

Where on earth did i try to justify this action in my post? Where? All some people saw in the post was Xiomarra was hatred etc, but it actually reminds me of the kind of posts almondjoy used to make which were just hilarious and a lot of the time were to me anyway, on the point analysis. And then what was even funnier was when people did not see what she was trying to do (see what i saw anyway) and got mad  cheesy. Sure it might anger some people if you want to be angered, but while you took anger away from it, the point i saw was the point i tried to make earlier, which is that Nigerians don't seem to express any shock at the things happening in Nigeria.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:05pm On May 20, 2008
SENATOR JD:

finally u agree,get a doctor then

Please help your fake South African bros "Mpele" to scavenge some hungry Nigerian babes in Abuja while he or she visits. At least we have identified my own diseases. Yours defy all medical or forensic identification. Useless thing. You sodomistic "Abuja" Abacha houseboy! You are not ashamed of yourself. The roasting victims in this story are even better than you. You have no physical or spiritual worth. Not even fit to be roasted in Burkina Faso with cow dung.

Don't go to your own village. Sit in Abuja and be screwing fly-infested rat holes for contracts. Fool! Is Abuja your village?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:07pm On May 20, 2008
Sky Blue:

Where on earth did i try to justify this action in my post? Where?

You are still looking for justification? That Nairalander is daft with a capital "grin"! Replying the retard is a bloody waste of time.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:08pm On May 20, 2008
xiamorra, who did I blame?? Noone here or any Nigerian worldwide would deny that Nigeria's failures are our own. What you are trying to say is that it justifies people being burned and beaten to death, it simply doesn't. If you dont know that then you need to open up to the values of your host country. You think like a barbarian.

People are trying to make the debate about something else entirely. Immigrants including Nigerians were burned and beaten to death in South Africa, not because they were suspected criminals, but simply for being immigrants, some being refugees. Now, if you think that is justified, then you have mental problems.

How you can say its ok to kill the very citizens who have been failed by the Nigerian government is beyond me.
Those political failures are alive and well, along with their children. Its those who had to leave who are being murdered. Yet you show no sympathy for them at all, sad.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:09pm On May 20, 2008
SkyBlue, my reply was not to you, but to Olowotee.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 12:11pm On May 20, 2008
hey! Senator and Xiamarra. . .please don't let's end our reasonings this way. Drop it plss. It doesn't make sense to use insultive words on others even if they're not in agreement with your opinions!!! We're entitle to ou different views.  wink  kiss
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 12:11pm On May 20, 2008
Xiomarra:

Please help your fake South African bros "Mpele" to scavenge some hungry Nigerian babes in Abuja while he or she visits. At least we have identified my own diseases.  Yours defies all medical or forensic identification. Uesless thing. You sodomistic "Abuja" Abacha houseboy!
Don't go to your own village. Sit in Abuja and be screwing fly-infested rat holes for contracts. Fool! Is Abuja your village?
u seem to amase me,the more i try to believe you're sane the more i doubt that,so its even worse than a sickness?must all your statements contain useless thing?Abuja is not my village any other question?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 12:12pm On May 20, 2008
You Bleep with the wrong nigger you f****  ass***. I'm sure where ever you are, you're treated like shit, slowpoke. You are one of those people who are spreading desease all over the world. You are a piece of gabbage. Go and see a doctor. You sound like an out of tune Radio. I bet my last cent that you are one of those Africans who left the continent and thinking that you are better than everybody else, you're one of those street sweepers in London.

What did your parents teach, if you have any, because you sound like you were conceived by a baboon!!

TAKE THAT!!!!!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:14pm On May 20, 2008
londoner:

xiamorra, who did I blame?? Noone here or any Nigerian worldwide would deny that Nigeria's failures are our own. What you are trying to say is that it justifies people being burned and beaten to death, it simply doesn't. If you don't know that then you need to open up to the values of your host country. You think like a barbarian.

People are trying to make the debate about something else entirely. Immigrants including Nigerians were burned and beaten to death in South Africa, not because they were suspected criminals, but simply for being immigrants, some being refugees.

Now, if you think that is justified, then you have mental problems.

How you can say its ok to kill the very citizens who have been failed by the Nigerian government is beyond me.
Those political failures are alive and well, along with their children. Its those who had to leave who are being murdered. Yet you show no sympathy for them at all, sad.

I have no sympathy at all.  Deal with the Nigerians killing Nigerians with lack of social amenities, health care and adequate amenities first then we can look else where.  My point is if you are going through worse in your own "Sango-forsaken" country, do not complain about the treatment you get elsewhere.

Period.

Sympathy my dead toe nail.  You people have no shame at all. That is the most annoying part.  You expect to be treated like human beings when the whole world classifies you as animals in the overall scheme of things.  Do you think at all or are you just in a vegetative state?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by myholydove(m): 12:18pm On May 20, 2008
Nigerians should not only boycot MTN, DSTV and everything SOUTH AFRICAN in Nigeria, we should go ahead and start

destroying every MTN mast near your area, we should start sabotaging anything SOUTH AFRICAN in Nigeria. this

Xenophobic tendencies by the SOUTH AFRICANS has to stop.

If only we had known we would have allowed apartheid to continue in their country.

As for our corrupt leaders, their souls will eternally rot in HELL angry and they will die miserably, their children will not

enjoy their father's stolen wealth.

LET ALL AFRICANS BOYCOT WORLD CUP 2010 IN SOUTH AFRICA.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:20pm On May 20, 2008
xiamorra, , if someone is filled with hate, you can't expect them to feel for their fellow man. One the one hand you say the government has failed, agreed.

Then the very people who flee (like you have)  you say "good" that they are killed, you are sick.

Is it their fault that government is not providing health care etc, is it?

You don't even show any pity for the other nationalities who were killed, not one word of compassion for them at all, even if not for the Nigerians. It shows the type of "human" you are.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:20pm On May 20, 2008
OlowoTee:

hey! Senator and Xiamarra. . .please don't let's end our reasonings this way. Drop it plss. It doesn't make sense to use insultive words on others even if they're not in agreement with your opinions!!! We're entitle to ou different views.  wink  kiss

Thanks please carry on.

Mpele:

You mess with the wrong nigger you f****  ass***. I'm sure where ever you are, you're treated like shit, slowpoke. You are one of those people who are spreading desease all over the world. You are a piece of gabbage. Go and see a doctor. You sound like an out of tune Radio. I bet my last cent that you are one of those Africans who left the continent and thinking that you are better than everybody else, you're one of those street sweepers in London.

What did your parents teach, if you have any, because you sound like you were conceived by a baboon!!

TAKE THAT!!!!!

Please on a last note to you useless ashewo-mongerer, have a nice trip in Lagos and Abuja.  Just pick the girls that are already infected like you so you can exchange bacterial and viral species.  Do you have parents?  They should have taught you that going around and patronizing prostitutes is a no-no.  But I guess that is how you were conceived.

Small wonder then.

Please have a nice time in Abuja especially as you dream is about to come true.  You mates are travelling to civilized coutries, but you are looking for "ashewos" in Lagos and Abuja to collect all kinds of diseases from your and your dead deek! Local African sufferhead champion like you. I am sure this is going to be the first time you will be on a plane. Please do not urinate or crap on yourself when you hit the slightest turbulence. You bush rat.

I hope you are burned in Abuja too.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 12:21pm On May 20, 2008
OlowoTee:

hey! Senator and Xiamarra. . .please don't let end our reasonings this way. Drop it plss. It doesn't make sense to use insultive words on others even if they're not in agreement with your opinions!!! We're entitle to ou different views.  wink  kiss
@olowotee i never insulted her based on her view, but i hate when pple generally abuse Nigerians senselessly.if some are bad does that make all bad?i detest generalisations.u have fathers that rape children right?does that make all fathers rapist?shes just rantling and trying to make a point that doesnt exist.who is she to call nigerians useless ppl?read through my post did u ever see anything as useless south africans there?some nigerians might be wrong(in dealings and business and morality), i knw some things are not working properly the way they should,that doesnt and can never mean all nigerians are useless,i would defend my nation anywhere and at anytime and wont allow it to be rubbished by anyone
thanks Olowotee i lay my sword down(for now)
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Mpele(m): 12:22pm On May 20, 2008
Guys let us not discriminate. Mentally sick people should also be allowed to take part in our discussions. I say let us allow Xiam(can't really spell the name as it sounds Chinese) to take part. So X (whatever you are) you're welcome. Don't worry we'll walk with you, we'll also help you in your quest to recover from your mental state. Don't be ashamed of your illness. Allah be with you!!!

BY THE WAY DID YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH AS YOUR WORDS STINK LIKE YOUR BREATH
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:27pm On May 20, 2008
Mpele:

Guys let us not discriminate. Mentally sick people should also be allowed to take part in our discussions. I say let us allow Xiam(can't really spell the name as it sounds Chinese) to take part. So X (whatever you are) you're welcome. Don't worry we'll walk with you, we'll also help you in your quest to recover from your mental state. Don't be ashamed of your illness. God be with you!!!

BY THE WAY DID YOU BRUSH YOUR TEETH AS YOUR WORDS STINK LIKE YOUR BREATH

Please I have like 20 Ashewos for you already lined up in Abuja for you fake South African.  Hope you catch AIDS! You pig!

SENATOR JD:

@olowotee i never insulted her based on her view, but i hate when people generally abuse Nigerians senselessly.if some are bad does that make all bad?i detest generalisations.u have fathers that rape children right?does that make all fathers rapist?shes just rantling and trying to make a point that doesnt exist.who is she to call nigerians useless people?read through my post did u ever see anything as useless south africans there?some nigerians might be wrong(in dealings and business and morality), i knw some things are not working properly the way they should,that doesnt and can never mean all nigerians are useless,i would defend my nation anywhere and at anytime and wont allow it to be rubbished by anyone
thanks Olowotee i lay my sword down(for now)

Go and fight your leaders first, for roasting you spiritually instead of worrying about the physical roasting taking place in South Africa.

If you want to defend your nation, join MASSOB or Niger Delta Militants and die a rebel or is it not your mates that are joining the Nigerian Arimy?  What are you doing in Abuja becoming a "glorified Abacha houseboy"?

I lay down my swords for now too.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by pwdr: 12:27pm On May 20, 2008
Since returning to Nairaland on Friday after 2months absence, nothing has irked me more than this article and I'll tell you why.I have long discovered that Texazzpete's biggest foibles is his willingness to condemn anything done by Africans while nonchalantly glossing over numerous atrocities done by white folks on blacks. I was not surprised after reading this trash. If this was done by white folks, Texazzpete would be rummaging racist archives to justify this "atrocity".
While the "cream" of our society emigrate to the US/UK, the "agberos" "419ers" "Drug peddlers" and their ilk goes to South Africa. Is common knowledge that with less than N70,000, you'll be in SA via Namibia. Does it surprise anyone that the worst Nigerians head towards SA rather than USA?. Its a shame we Nigerians have not changed 50yrs after independence, its all right if we do it to other Africans but anathema if reciprocated decades later. Truth is we did the
same thing to Ghanaians in the eighties. 7million of them were forcefully removed by Shagari. SA is host to millions of Zimbabweans, Nigerians etc,
Anyway this thread would have had more substance if this article was posted by any one other than Texazzpete or the odious duo of davidylan/4play. For people who have patented "Bring em down syndrome", to be shedding crocodile tears is laughable.
You have to be a complete slowpoke to think S Africans hate us because we're Nigerians, and you get an unmitigated "No" from me if you ask me if Nigerians deserve these maltreatment from S Africans.

I could not agree more! I think many people are missing the point completely here, and an emotional response certainly seems like the easiest way to vent anger and outrage at these heinous crimes being committed by fellow Africans. Surely history has taught us better than to beget violence with violence? Cant Africans for once find a rational, logical and intellectual solution and response to the problems endemic to this continent

We need to understand the series failures of factors that led to these brutal and unjustified attacks on immiagrant in SA. SA has been witness to a massive rise in violent crimes during the past 15 years. The post apartheid government have largely turned a blind eye to the high levels of crime, as white and asian people were seen as the likely victims. The government did not only fail its own country by refusing to recognize that crime does not discriminate against race, class and status, but by ignoring crime statistics of epandemic proportions and downplaying it in the media, Mbeki openly advising whites that they are the only people complaining about crime, and if they are not happy about it, they should leave the country, the government was just bound to be caught with its foot in its mouth.
The decision by the South African government to stop the patrolling of many of its borders, and to relinquish the Defence Force from these duties and hand it over to ill-equiped local police forces to police hundreds of kilometres of non-existant border fences, was a recipe for disaster. SA "boasts" one of the largest unemployment rates in the world, once again not helped by the governments denial of this fact, and "opening up" its borders to illegal immigrants was bound to exasperate the desperate socio-economic issues which the country faces on a day-to-day basis.

When black South Africans which have suffered under apartheid, poverty, lack of education and employment, lack of basic housing and other infrastucture realised that their right to these basic things are coming under threat now from fellow africans living here illegally, and they government refuses to hear their plea for help, what else must they resort to??
Put yourself in their position. You sleep in the field, you cant find work, your name has been on a list for years to receive a newly built house under the government's RDP project which promises every South African a free house with water, sanitery and electricity supply, and suddenly an illegal foreigner literally walks into the country, immediately gets a free house, also immediately gets a job because everyone knows an illegal immigrant will work for 1/10th of what a SA citizen will work for, and the government is once again happy to turn a blind eye to the ever growing problem, and has its Home Affairs department embroiled in so much corruption, issuing passports to illegal immigrants like its going out of fasion! Also immagine an illegal immigrant now owning up tp 10 of these free houses that the government built for previously disadvantaged people and renting it out for profit and an income??
There is no other option availible to these people but to resort to violence when their families are starving, they have to steal for food and clothes etc etc.
What would you do in a situation like this? Forget about the help SA's neighbours have provided it. When you live with such less than basic means, your are only concerned about now and where the next meal is going to come from. Not who helped me 20 years ago. To these people, Nigeria was part of the solution and helped fought against the struggle. But right now, ILLEGAL Nigerians, Zimbabweans, Malawians etc etc are a part of the problem.

Everyone is so quick to jump on the bandwagon to condemn these "savages", but when they were crying out for help, everyone failed to act.

Perhaps if you had more understanding of the situation currently being experienced with refards to illegal immigrants in SA, you would think twice about your little revolutions and boycots and racist remarks. These are not attacks against Nigerians or which other nationality and it has nothing to do with apartheid. It has to do with MILLIONS of ILLEGAL immigrants flooding over the borders and robbing SA citizens of their basic rights to work, housing and putting food on the tables of their families without having to resort to a life of crime. The blame lies squarely at the door of the South African government who fails to control its borders, fails to curb corruption within its ranks and fails to listen to the voice of its people, and also fails to fight crime brought on by illegal immigrants who came to SA looking for greener pastures, but failed to find work and make a living, and also had to resort to crime. The government only now, reluctantly, start to realize that black people are also victims of crime, and also bears the brunt if it! I would like to invite anyone to come to SA, take a trip through Hillbrow, its is littered with hundreds of department buildings "hijacked" by Nigerian drug lords running their cartels and syndicates from there. Murder, rape, robbery, assault etc is at the order of the day and the SA Police's hands are tied by red tape and beaurocracy. And the legal owners of the buildings end up writing their property off as a loss as they cant get the courts to order the removal off these illegal occupants, and in the event that they do, they police fail to enforce these orders.

Crime and lawlessness is at the order of the day in South Africa, and illegal immigrants find themselves in the centre of this problem. Unfortunately, to the South Africans finding themselves in dire straits, an immigrant is an immigrant and therefore part of the problem, and they dont care if he/she is here by legal or illegal means. When your culture and way of life is being threatened and the perceived threat is immigration, how exactly do you expect them to react? With idle pleasantries and dialgue??

As I said, nothing justifies murder and the brutal violence, but if you at least just try to understand the root and nature of the problem which brings these issues about, perhaps it might help us look at the situation objectively and approach solutions from a different, more rational perspective, other than just to rant on about silly boycots which will not achieve anything. The SA government does not have any shares or interests in Nandos etc that by boycotting SA brands would make them reconsider their position or start to act differently to what they have the last 14 years.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:27pm On May 20, 2008
Mpele, the thing is, xiamorra doesn't understand that its exactly the same barbaric, disregard for human life which is the root of Africa's problems, yes even the leadership. They dont relate to people as human beings, when they are killed its nothing. she thinks she is different, but from her stance, if she were in a position of power she would display the same coldness to her citizens.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by joshjosh(m): 12:27pm On May 20, 2008
this must be AJ? problem is most nigerian's don't see the clear picture of things. south africa kill 22 it is war the illegal fools masquerading as government kill more than that daily and you dont hear the same anger towards them
Xiomarra:

I have no sympathy at all. Deal with the Nigerians killing Nigerians with lack of social amenities, health care and adequate amenities first then we can look else where. My point is if you are going through worse in your own "Sango-forsaken" country, do not complain about the treatment you get elsewhere.

Period.

Sympathy my dead toe nail. You people have no shame at all. That is the most annoying part. You expect to be treated like human beings when the whole world classifies you as animals in the overall scheme of things. Do you think at all or are you just in a vegetative state?
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:29pm On May 20, 2008
joshjosh:

this must be AJ? problem is most nigerian's don't see the clear picture of things. south africa kill 22 it is war the illegal fools masquerading as government kill more than that daily and you don't hear the same anger towards them

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Thank you my brother! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Ooops! Time to go!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Nobody: 12:32pm On May 20, 2008
LOL. . .Nairaland can be fun atimes. Anyway back to the topic and to disagree with the person that said Nigerians weren't affected! Read On:

"ZIMBABWEANS and other foreign nationals living in the Johannesburg suburbs of Hillbrow, Yeoville, Berea and Braamfontein have joined forces to repel attacks by marauding locals.

The foreign nationals have warned that if they become the next targets of the current wave of xenophobic attacks, they will retaliate.

In Hillbrow on Sunday, hundreds of people from Nigeria, Cameroon, Zimbabwe, Zambia and Malawi united in a show of solidarity with victims of the violence.

Collectively they managed to thwart efforts of South African criminals in Hillbrow on Sunday, who tried to loot their shops, internet cafes and other personal belongings, under the guise of xenophobic violence.

“This is no longer an issue of folding hands and doing nothing when our relatives are being butchered and maimed,” said Okeke Okuchukwu, a Nigerian citizen in Yeoville.

“I am calling upon all African foreigners to defend themselves whenever they are under attack.

“The South African criminals are taking chances and robbing foreigners of their personal belongings on the pretext of fighting crime,” he said.

Okuchukwu added: “If you take a snap survey in the local prisons, you will find that the percentage of foreigners being held on criminal charges is just a drop in the ocean compared to the estimated 95.6% locals in the jails.”

At a separate gathering on Sunday, a group of Zimbabweans comprised of mainly retired policemen and soldiers, took turns to address their fellow compatriots at Park Station.

They said they would defend themselves and their businesses in the event of continued attacks.

“We are paying taxes to the South African government that help to improve the infrastructure, hospitals and schools, as well as human development in general,” said Xolani Sibanda, a Zimbabwean living in Hillbrow.

“In this way we are creating employment for local people, so we wonder why these South Africans are killing and maiming foreigners, particularly their African brothers and sisters.

“Since we don’t have guns, we will definitely use petrol and bottles to defend ourselves if we are attacked,” he said.

Oliver Kubikwa, of the Zimbabwe Political Victims’ Association, called on the locals and foreigners to resolve their problems amicably. - Sapa

Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:35pm On May 20, 2008
PWDR, I have no doubt that there is justification for feelings of resentment, but the root is the failure of the SA government, whether police force, immigration agencies etc, its that simple. Still the reaction is unjustified.

The same complaints are made in the UK about the Eastern Europeans, but citizens will go about their protests in a civilised way. The end does not justify the means. Where people are beaten for being immigrants, noone would seek to justify it, even though they are often involved in criminality. It just depends on the moral fibre of a nation. This anger is displaced.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:38pm On May 20, 2008
@ Josh Josh, you know full well that the average Nigerian is more angry towards the government on any given day.

Come on now,
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 12:39pm On May 20, 2008
I just went through Xiomara and Olowotee's points on looking at this from the Nigerian angle which I believe is the most important here and I do confess they make solid arguments. Just don't understand why people prefer to read between lines in here and make things what they are not.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by ayusman16(m): 12:40pm On May 20, 2008
myholydove:

Nigerians should not only boycot MTN, DSTV and everything SOUTH AFRICAN in Nigeria, we should go ahead and start

destroying every MTN mast near your area, we should start sabotaging anything SOUTH AFRICAN in Nigeria. this

Xenophobic tendencies by the SOUTH AFRICANS has to stop.

If only we had known we would have allowed apartheid to continue in their country.

As for our corrupt leaders, their souls will eternally rot in HELL angry and they will die miserably, their children will not

enjoy their father's stolen wealth.

LET ALL AFRICANS BOYCOT WORLD CUP 2010 IN SOUTH AFRICA.

Bros! Start by destroying ur own first. Do know how much these coys pay in terms of taxes or the jobs they've given Nigerians? Lets think straight and condemn what some sets of jobless holigans are doing to foreigners. South Africians are not entire bad people. Afterall, we dey kill ourselves too.!
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by londoner: 12:41pm On May 20, 2008
@ kobojunkie, the points are not the problem, its the conclusions which are disturbing.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by SENATORJD(m): 12:45pm On May 20, 2008
Xiomarra:

If you want to defend your nation, join MASSOB or Niger Delta Militants and die a rebel or is it not your mates that are joining the Nigerian Arimy?  What are you doing in Abuja becoming a "glorified Abacha houseboy"?
I lay down my swords for now too.
u "smart" joining the army is not the only way of defending your nation.am working in Abuja u have a problem with that?
cant even believe i got myself caught replying to your messages.it aint worth it.
londoner:

@ kobojunkie, the points are not the problem, its the conclusions which are disturbing.
exactly
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Xiomarra: 12:46pm On May 20, 2008
londoner:

@ kobojunkie, the points are not the problem,

its the conclusions which are disturbing.

I don't think you even know the difference between the "points" and the "conclusions" and therein lies the "disturbance"! I am really ashamed of you.  Is this what you are taught in London schools? Hypoxic logic?

You need to go back to school I think.  Nothing personal at all. You just keep getting worse with each page. I think it is time for you to take a nap.

SENATOR JD:

u "smart" joining the army is not the only way of defending your nation.am working in Abuja u have a problem with that?
can't even believe i got myself caught replying to your messages.it aint worth it.exactly

Yes! Get lost and stay lost! Keep working with your arse in Abuja. Afterall you can't scratch the yansh that feeds you.
Re: Boycott South Africa! Boycott Dstv, Mtn Etc! See What They Did To Your Brothers! by Kobojunkie: 12:47pm On May 20, 2008
londoner:

That is only true for you if you are here to condemn anyone who does not see things from your angle which seems to be what you are doing more of.  Fact is she has a valid point she is making, even though it is being done in a crude way, instead of tearing her up for not seeing it from your angle, which by the way is not the only way, read and try to see the 360 of things for a change. Not a single person on here has said the killings and burnings are JUSTIFIED, unless you can show proof of that( which I doubt you can). Instead of carrying an axe around, why not spend more time reading these posts and digesting the meaning before responding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (30)

Islamic Militants BEHEADED U.S Journalist On Video!!! / WWII Bomb Uncovered In Dresden, Police Evacuating 3,300 Residents / Dwight Schar: Inside £48million Superyacht Owned By US Billionaire (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.