Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,248 members, 7,864,309 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:32 PM

Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) (22107 Views)

MTN Foundation Donates Vehicles To Ambode To Help Boost Security In Lagos(Pics) / Photos: Reconstruction Of Okota Road, Isolo Lagos In Progress / Deplorable State Of Okota Road (PHOTOS) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by slimfit1(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
Bobbystanley: How is it my business?
I taught they said their Governor is the best..mtcheeeew

It's not the governors job to repair those roads ask or tell your local government chairman.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Sirdayor(m): 5:12pm On Jul 08, 2013
i was on that road last friday 5th July 2013, & i saw the construction company still working on the road.
However, i learnt the work was delayed because some landlords didn't want to loose any part of their property to road, which eventually led to court case.
Then who is to be blame, can you eat your cake & stil have it?
We want good roads but no body want to sacrifice any part of their property even if such is on main road.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by OpinionLeader: 5:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
Living in Ago Palace is hell ATM! One will have to endure the gridlock from morning till night. The matter goes beyond Ago Palace Way as virtually all the streets in the area are in despicable state. The Local Government Chairman has his signboard everywhere with the inscription "SHAMEH IS WORKING" . If the fooolish man builds a SLAB, he erects a signboard.

On Ago Palace Way Road Construction, I would say that the work is rather too slow. A less than 2km road is taking close to 2 years to be completed. I know someone would want to remind of the Court injunction. But residents know that it was only one landlord (between Esuola and Enoma) that had a protracted court case with the government. Besides the government obtained judgement in their favour over 10 months ago. So?

Now the lazy construction company (CCECC whatever?) have closed down one-side of the road from "Tarred Road Bus-stop" to "Ago Roundabout". God help us!

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Akshow: 5:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
Emperor5c: For a minute I was thinking maybe this is aba not the reverend lagos.
So finally eko has baje-ed.
reverend ko, pope ni. Olodo

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by enemmo(f): 5:23pm On Jul 08, 2013
deleteme: I thank you poster for uploading the above pictures. Finally i have bin vindicated, cos this topic came up sometime in March and Eko-Ile as usual was busy insulting me and other people. I live in Ago and a landlord too, It is a deliberate neglect on the people of Ago by Lagos State Govt cos the area is Ibo dominated. The little area they have managed to work on has taken 2 complete years to complete and as i write, the entire area is a mess.I challenge EKO-ILE to come up again with his lies.

Rubbish! Were you not aware that the Landlords sued Fashola for over two years and it was in 2011 that the case was settled.If I hear say Fashola neglected the area because of Ibos.Who dash them area. Abeggi,Next time when they are building Houses they will leave three metres offset.

4 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by enemmo(f): 5:26pm On Jul 08, 2013
udokpuenyi:

Because a particular tribe dominate that area likewise every other places they predominately live. If you bend down low, you will understand Lagos

And its still that certain tribe that wouldnt leave three metres offset when building,and then sue Govt to court cos they want to build their roads. Hmmmm. That tribe sha o

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by adecore: 5:29pm On Jul 08, 2013
How road go be like this for where human being dey live? Na photoshop jor. Mechanics go be bigger boiz for this zones oo. Ahan! because of why?
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by VicGoodGuy(m): 5:31pm On Jul 08, 2013
Boyoorisha: The road is under construction! Why didn't you acknowledge that work is ongoing to fix the road? You must have passed through the completed portion of the road if you came in through Ago junction

And Fashola's spokesman has spoken.

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by rozayx5(m): 5:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Le Stylo:
It's a Lagosian like you that took the LASG to court over the road access. This is a matter that could have been sorted out of court. Enjoy the pool while the court adjourns.

and who told you i live in Lagos grin grin grin grin

God forbid lagosian,

when there are better and cleaner places in Nigeria.

Uyo anytime anyday
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by biafransoul: 5:49pm On Jul 08, 2013
enemmo:

Rubbish! Were you not aware that the Landlords sued Fashola for over two years and it was in 2011 that the case was settled.If I hear say Fashola neglected the area because of Ibos.Who dash them area. Abeggi,Next time when they are building Houses they will leave three metres offset.

Enough of this your silly excuse! So since 2011 some 3-4km of road could not be completed? How about canal estate? if they mean well, Who stopped them from working on the despicable street roads? I can tell you Okota is being treated like that cos it is an igbo dominated area nothing more nothing less

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by noobsaibot2(m): 5:54pm On Jul 08, 2013
[size=48pt]YUZEEDO, WEY MY PAJERO? [/size]
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by uzy4toniayahoo: 6:02pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lilimax: I hope this area is part of the Mega city- Lagos undecided.

Eko o ni baje! grin grin grin
OBAJE TI, Raraa!!!
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by enemmo(f): 6:10pm On Jul 08, 2013
biafran soul:

Enough of this your silly excuse! So since 2011 some 3-4km of road could not be completed? How about canal estate? if they mean well, Who stopped them from working on the despicable street roads? I can tell you Okota is being treated like that cos it is an igbo dominated area nothing more nothing less
Its time igbos in Ago stop playing dis pity game about being an igbo dominated area.who even deceive una?Whose fault is it that CCECC haas not finished road construction.You igbos amaze me sometimes.

2 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by devour129: 6:16pm On Jul 08, 2013
enemmo:

And its still that certain tribe that wouldnt leave three metres offset when building,and then sue Govt to court cos they want to build their roads. Hmmmm. That tribe sha o
Oga cool down why all the beefs ? Don't worry you shall succeed too but only if you leave this hatred behind.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Neduzze5(m): 6:20pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Primegold: 6:21pm On Jul 08, 2013
slim fit :

It's not the governors job to repair those roads ask or tell your local government chairman.

@ slim fit:

In Nigeria, we have 3 categories of roads; Federal (all the highways AKA express road fall in here), state roads and LG roads. The Ago Palace way - Amuwo Odofin road is a Lagos State project just like Simbiat Abiola (Medical Road) Ikeja. The inner street roads are local government responsibility. So in that light, we will be right to say it's Fashola's job to fix the Ago Palace Way - Amuwo Odofin but hey, Fashola has a Commissioner for Works, right

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
nekaa: Canal estate is kinda worse sha.....
can we have pictures of roads in canal estate please?

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jul 08, 2013
enemmo: Its time igbos in Ago stop playing dis pity game about being an igbo dominated area.who even deceive una?Whose fault is it that CCECC haas not finished road construction.You igbos amaze me sometimes.
yeep! You amaze me too.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Godson201333(m): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2013
joel lala:

the road is terrible and a serious eyesore. fashola has failed ago-okota

Fashola did not fail them but thier Chairman and co...Isolo,okota ,cele,jakande estate,Ejigbo are all no go area during raining seasons ,Heavy traffic + bad roads
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mbulela: 6:52pm On Jul 08, 2013
I visited my friend that stays at ago palace way with my car and i wept bitterly for the condition in that area. My car was damaged

Are you a learner? That place has been a no go area for almost 18 months.

Fashola is trying a lot in Lagos but i guess with the amount of work required in Lagos, if not for political posturing Lagos should be designated a special case in terms of budgetary allocation. You go to a place like Ago and pop into Festac,then you begin to wonder if they are in the same state like Surulere and Ikoyi. The absence of government presence in the place especially as it concerns roads is worrying.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mbulela: 6:56pm On Jul 08, 2013
Boyoorisha: The road is under construction! Why didn't you acknowledge that work is ongoing to fix the road? You must have passed through the completed portion of the road if you came in through Ago junction
I appreciate that the road is under construction but how did any portion of a road in a city like Lagos deteriorate to such an extent? No part of any such major road should get to such a state. It is not like this happened suddenly. This road has been bad and getting worse for a while. Even the pace of the work is so damn slow.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mbulela: 7:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
enemmo:

the case was settled in 2011 and 2 years later such pics still exist?
Why do we hate the truth?That Fashola has failed the people in Ago-okota axis does not exclude the fact that he has done well in the state as a whole,it simply means that he can do better.
You guys are quick to trumpet the court case as an excuse,i guess you need to go find similar court cases as defense for the states of Isheri-Osun- Ikotun bridge, the Barrack-Tedi road and even the Ajao estate-Oke Afa link bridge. some of those roads/bridges have been under construction for over 5 years. Go and ask residents there and hear their sufferings.
A lot more can be done by BRF but that does not mean he is not trying. The fact that we are surrounded by mediocrity all around must not blind our eyes to the possibility of excellence. That eyesore at Ago Palace road is alien to excellence.

4 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by specco(m): 7:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
adecore: How road go be like this for where human being dey live? Na photoshop jor. Mechanics go be bigger boiz for this zones oo. Ahan! because of why?

Because about 95% of the residents are Igbos. The govt doesn't give a hoot. Have you been to Mushin, Surulere, Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ijesha and other places where Yorubas live in large numbers? The difference is clear to any discerning mind. The neglect of OKota looks deliberate to me.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by mbulela: 7:25pm On Jul 08, 2013
specco:

Because about 95% of the residents are Igbos. The govt doesn't give a hoot. Have you been to Mushin, Surulere, Ebute Metta, Yaba, Ijesha and other places where Yorubas live in large numbers? The difference is clear to any discerning mind. The neglect of OKota looks deliberate to me.
what exactly will the govt gain by neglecting Okota?
I am sure you will see a few more places that seem neglected by the government around lagos.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Longeria(m): 7:33pm On Jul 08, 2013
Top_Bayo: Result of taking govt to court to secure to secure a court injunction to stop the road construction....

By the time the matter could be settled in court..the rainy season has set in....the residents will need to wait till the rainy season is over for work to resume on the road construction.
sharaaaaaaaaaap, all this explanation because it's Acn /Fashola failure is being focused. You don't see anything wrong that an eye sore like this in Lagos after 14 years acn misrule but you expect magic from Jonathan in 2 years. Hypocrite.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Jul 08, 2013
enemmo: Its time igbos in Ago stop playing dis pity game about being an igbo dominated area.who even deceive una?Whose fault is it that CCECC haas not finished road construction.You igbos amaze me sometimes.

Its the victim mentality

Why are road in Oga not completed its because its Ibo dominated

Why are roads in Aba not completed? Its because its ibo dominated

Why are road in Port Harcourt bad, its because the governor has an ibo name

Why are roads in osun State bad its because of Ibos there

What of kano , Nasarawa Ebonyi

Some people are just pathetic, is Ago the only bad road in lagos? What of Ayobo-Ipaja? is that also because of Ibos?

3 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by SouthernGuy(m): 7:53pm On Jul 08, 2013
https://www.nairaland.com/1025985/ago-okota-palace-way-road-construction-lasg

Fellow nairalanders,y'all should follow this link and see the work done on the road.you guys need to know The landords caused the hardship for the residents by filing loads of lawsuits against the state government because of their selfish reasons and that was why work had to stop for a while.

Notwithstanding,the present state of that road isnt good enough for animals talkless of human beings.

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by dayokanu(m): 7:58pm On Jul 08, 2013
specco:

The roads in Aba where the Governor is Ibo, and the residents are 100% Ibos whats the state?
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by 2rutalk1: 8:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
90% of the roads in Satellite Town are not motorable. Its only a gullible fellow that will keep singing praises for this failed Governor called Fashola. As far as I am concerned if we take a comparative analysis of internally generated revenue of all the States in Nigeria and their developmental efforts so far, Fashola is one of the least performing Governors in Nigeria. Its only a docile fellow who cannot take cognizance of the huge internally generated revenue that accrues to Lagos State coupled with the accumulated huge amount of money released to the State (owed by FG to Lagos State during Tinubu's regime)that will come here to vomit rubbish.
Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^How about do a comparative analysis of the population explosion in Lagos vis-a-vis the available amenities and the IGR? How many people in that part of the world pay taxes?

The government can only do so much; people also need to start using their brains as well. When a particular city within a country is overpopulated - you need to move out of there to less populated cities and create wealth over there. That's how sane humanoids operate, and not by excessive snarling up of an already snarled-up place.

Shalom!! undecided

1 Like

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jul 08, 2013
Lagos is overpopulated hence why things like this will continue to happen. The load is just too much for the state. The governor is trying but there's only so much that he can do. You lot need to help Lagos as well - by moving out in droves to save the city.

20 million people in 999.6 km² is just not right. The maximum population of Lagos should be 8 million. London is far bigger than Lagos, yet the population is less than 9 million. However most people still think it's overpopulated.

Save Lagos!!

London
Size = 1,570 km²
Population: 8.174 million
Popular opinion = overpopulated

Lagos
Size = 999.6 km²
Population: about 20 million

This is just unacceptable!!

4 Likes

Re: Terrible State Of Ago-Okota Road In Lagos (Pics) by chizel: 8:38pm On Jul 08, 2013
And tinubu and his touts IN ACN are making polluting the whole place with noise.idiots

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Will Win Lagos Governorship Election – Mu’azu / Court Nullifies Benue Rep-elect’s Certificate Of Return, Orders Prosecution / Truck Kills Shakiru Balogun, APC chairmanship Aspirant In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.