Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,492 members, 7,819,793 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:33 PM

Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims (1379 Views)

My Fellow Agnostic And Atheist, What If We Got It All Wrong? / Towards Uniting Theist And Atheist / Christians, Satanist And Atheist I Pity You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Frostyzone(m): 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2013
I remembered one incident in my secondary school days. I was in geography class and we were talking about the Middle East. The teacher then asked us if we knew what the capital of Pakistan was and some idíot in class blurted out something that sounded like "Islam is bad". The whole classroom erupted into laughter, even the tutor joined in.

I remembered laughing so hard that my stomach ached. But then I was young and stupid and ignorant of the ways of the world, and so were the rest of my classmates.

Which is why nowadays I find it baffling when an adult in prime of his life in all seriousness find time to say or write the same sort of crap that an half-arsèd teenager jokingly blurted out.

Why the hate on Islam and Muslims?
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Mudley313: 4:47pm On Jul 08, 2013
maybe because of this

and this

and this

and this
[img]http://shariaunveiled.files./2012/02/boko-haram.jpg[/img]

and this
[img]http://maaadddog.files./2011/01/paul_johnson_beheading.jpg[/img]

and this

and this

and this
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Frostyzone(m): 6:22pm On Jul 08, 2013
Those are the bad eggs which are actually more cultural than they are religious.
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by TerryCarr(m): 6:44pm On Jul 08, 2013
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Frostyzone(m): 7:05pm On Jul 08, 2013
Deuteronomy 23:1
No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.

My point been: the holy books is full of crazy quotes. It doesn't mean you have to practise them.

There are several blood chilling quotations in the Old testaments that will put that Sura quotation to shame, but do you see the Christians acting upon it? Of course not.
Likewise, it applys in this case.

Like I said before, it's only the bad eggs in the Islam World that are giving the religion a bad name. The real Muslims are not violent in any way, believe me.
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by EvilBrain1(m): 9:08pm On Jul 08, 2013
^^^^ Yes, the bible has plenty of horrible quotes, arguably even more than the Koran and Hadiths. The difference is, while Christians have mostly stopped killing people on the basis of religion, the Muslims are still doing so in large quantities.

These days, the vast majority of religiously motivated violence is carried out by Muslims. There are mainstream Muslim leaders that openly advocate killing and discriminating against people of other faiths, Muslims belonging to other sects and even Muslims who they don't think are fanatical enough.

Muslims regularly try to impose their religious laws on others (e.g the Mohammed cartoon riots). Muslim countries routinely discriminate against those of other faiths, but Muslims living in non-muslim states never hesitate to instigate riots and worldwide chaos whenever they feel their own rights are being infringed (and often for no reason at all.)

Of course, most religions have their fanatics, but the dangerous ones are almost always Muslim.
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Mudley313: 9:46pm On Jul 08, 2013
Frostyzone: Those are the bad eggs which are actually more cultural than they are religious.

mehn sharap there...those pictures where taken from different cultures (nigeria, palestine, afghanistan, even london) but all motivated by one thing in common, ISLAM, in perpetrating their heinously savage and barbaric acts

we all know how the "religion of peace" has been an ironic joke of a phrase for awhile now, but why do you muslims always like to excuse away or even defend the terroristic actions of your brothers; you hardly see a group of people who passionately deny, defend or discredit all criticism launched at their religion every damn time a terrorist attack happens...do you know what's going on in bangladesh right now with their radical muslims pushing for forced gender segregation, anti-blashpemy laws(specifically where anyone who insults islam is hanged), and the removal of the country's secular government? do you know that muslims are justifying the murders of the innocent men and women that occurred as a result of these riots, and that they somehow blame the U.S. "zionist" media for bangladesh maintaining a secular government? smh at these rabid savages

What's wrong with so many Muslim's inability to even own up to what their culture is doing to radical extremists?
Re: Why Are Most People (christians And Atheist alike) bigoted Against Muslims by Frostyzone(m): 5:46am On Jul 09, 2013
Evil Brain: ^^^^ Yes, the bible has plenty of horrible quotes, arguably even more than the Koran and Hadiths. The difference is, while Christians have mostly stopped killing people on the basis of religion, the Muslims are still doing so in large quantities.

These days, the vast majority of religiously motivated violence is carried out by Muslims. There are mainstream Muslim leaders that openly advocate killing and discriminating against people of other faiths, Muslims belonging to other sects and even Muslims who they don't think are fanatical enough.

Muslims regularly try to impose their religious laws on others (e.g the Mohammed cartoon riots). Muslim countries routinely discriminate against those of other faiths, but Muslims living in non-muslim states never hesitate to instigate riots and worldwide chaos whenever they feel their own rights are being infringed (and often for no reason at all.)

Of course, most religions have their fanatics, but the dangerous ones are almost always Muslim.

You made some very strong points that I really don't know how to defend seeing that I'm not a Muslim myself. But I want stress again that most of those religious killings has more to do with culture and politics than religion. It just happens to occur more frequent in the Islamic world than others.

(1) (Reply)

Prophecy From Pastor Chris Oyakhilome At The New Year Service. / Is It Rightful To Exchange Gift During Christian Courtship? / 5 Bible Facts Most People Get Wrong.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.