Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43542 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by userlist(f): 8:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
People just post comments here without thinking about
what these actions will lead to in the future.
I don't want to take side and frankly I don't give a damn
about these bunch of fools politicians but the truth
must be told.
Why would somebody (GEJ) try to crucify somebody else for
having an ambition for a higher position. Is it a crime to
aspire to higher position in Nigeria. In a democratic
system, you only impeach if and when you commit an impeachable
offense which is completely absent here.
From the look of things, the only person that has committed an
impeachable offense here is the president who swore to defend
the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Would somebody please tell me what the speaker has done that
warrant an impeachment.
To those supporting this premeditated rascallity from the top regardless of
what the governor has done or committed are only been mischievous
and does not have the country at heart.
Remember folks, it is our responsibility to leave a better Nigeria to our
children and children children. Regardless whether you like the governor or not
you have to call a spade a spade.
For me, I don't care where the president is from but rather what can he offer
to better the standard of living of our people.
God bless y'all.

5 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by size38: 8:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
This is the height of impunity. How can 5 pro GEJ law makers in the Rivers state house of Assembly impeach the speaker that has 27 members on its side? Those of us that are not from Rivers state, seems to neglect d magnitude of the problem caused by rivers state based Abuja politicians just because they have presidential backing
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by wckabuoh(m): 8:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Just watched the video clip of what happened at the Rivers state house. Its a shame...............a very big shame. U need to see how one of the members was beaten and mace used several times to hit his head. Even the police was videoed beating a member to tell U that there is superior drum beating for them at the background. I want to believe there is no federal government interference in Rivers state.

This is really a shame. Nigeria, we have lost it. Its a big shame to our democracy. In my opinion, I think we should just go back to the military rule.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by atlwireles: 8:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:

Did you watch the video? Watch the one embedded by Abagworo, you will see Evans Bipi, the relative of PEJ struggling to enter and the thugs with him. The deputy governor in the videos I guess was trying to plead with him to leave.

That video was after the fact. Look at it very well, you will see the bloody floors. Those people never entered the assembly hall. They only came to the assembly, after the whole showdown was over. I want to see a video of the thugs beating up people before Amaechi entered the assembly complex.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJ8dbuzGnk

What a show of shame. This man just wedded few weeks back. The people he represents should recall him for this embarrassment. See him hailing the thugs. Na wa o
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by muredo(m): 8:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine: Amaechi rascality on display grin
Look at you,i didnt blame you amaechi joo,my guy do u knw hw long it took ladoja to have his mandate bck fro akala after thug invaded legislative complex in ibadan?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jul 09, 2013
MiloRambaldi:

Good question. Please who is the man in white and red hat beating someone with the mace? Is that really Chidi Lloyd?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zM9P9nxNMA8

Chei..omo na pesin papa dem break mace for him head so Dis aint funny anymore o.

For Ameachi to have allowed things degenerate to this level shows he's not a good manager.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by atlwireles: 8:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
userlist: People just post comments here without thinking about
what these actions will lead to in the future.
I don't want to take side and frankly I don't give a damn
about these bunch of fools politicians but the truth
must be told.
Why would somebody (GEJ) try to crucify somebody else for
having an ambition for a higher position. Is it a crime to
aspire to higher position in Nigeria. In a democratic
system, you only impeach if and when you commit an impeachable
offense which is completely absent here.
From the look of things, the only person that has committed an
impeachable offense here is the president who swore to defend
the constitution of the federal republic of Nigeria.
Would somebody please tell me what the speaker has done that
warrant an impeachment.
To those supporting this premeditated rascallity from the top regardless of
what the governor has done or committed are only been mischievous
and does not have the country at heart.
Remember folks, it is our responsibility to leave a better Nigeria to our
children and children children. Regardless whether you like the governor or not
you have to call a spade a spade.
For me, I don't care where the president is from but rather what can he offer
to better the standard of living of our people.
God bless y'all.

You don't want to take sides Are you sure you have not taken sides already Please review your comment again.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ujoinme: 8:36pm On Jul 09, 2013
that impeachment video dosent look convincing. Is that how the house is suppose to impeach its speaker? Do anyone know the procedure please enlighten me?
The video didnt show how many members of the assembly were present or if the had the numbers to form a quorum.

Is this binding does anyone know?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Cypost: 8:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine:

Simply shows Amaechi smoke screen of having a power base is been exposed as fraud . . .

Whichever way, this development is not good at all . . .

Amaechi is politically rendered helpless . . .He is simply protecting himself from impeachment . .
How can 5 members impeach d speaker and in turn Amaechi in a democracy. This is absurd. Democracy is suppose be a game of numbers, so get house members to ur side first b4 dreaming of removing d Govnor. Niaja we hail thee
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 9:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Cypost:
How can 5 members impeach d speaker and in turn Amaechi in a democracy. This is absurd. Democracy is suppose be a game of numbers, so get house members to ur side first b4 dreaming of removing d Govnor. Niaja we hail thee

At the time of that post details were scanty, and i don't in any way support the notion of 5 Lawmakers indulging in a sham impeachement process.

Yet, still doesn't erase the desperation of Amaechi to storm the complex and engage in the ensuing melee . . .

That's all
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 9:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine:

At the time of that post details were scanty, and i don't in any way support the notion of 5 Lawmakers indulging in a sham impeachement process.

Yet, still doesn't erase the desperation of Amaechi to storm the complex and engage in the ensuing melee . . .

That's all

Would you rather engage in fisticuff to prevent a man from shooting your brother, or you'd rather wait, let him shoot your brother and then sue him to court?

Which one would you do @jmaine?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by manpo2k(m): 9:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
Here is the video http://youtu.be/zM9P9nxNMA8 Watch and judge
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 9:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akainzo:

Would you rather engage in fisticuff to prevent a man from shooting your brother, or you'd rather wait, let him shoot your brother and then sue him to court?

Over sensationalization at best , no one was getting shot.As a matter of fact the clear aggressors were Team Amaechi . . . If they were evenly numbered . . The tide will be even . .

Still doesn't validate the rascality of Amaechi in storming the complex . .

No excuse for that bruv, after all , he has his boys to do his dirty jobs . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
McLuhan: Before we get ourselves all agitated and worked up in support of one side or the other, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it is proper and constitutional for the governor (as head of the executive branch of government) to march into the assembly chambers (of the state legislature) and seize by fiat the symbol of that branch of government, regardless of what situation subsisted in the chambers at that time. In my humble opinion, such an act is in itself an impeachable offence, for it constitutes a usurpation of the duties that belong properly to the serjeant-at-arms, who statutorily custodies the mace and whose duties also include maintaining order and security in the legislative assembly. Even more seriously, the governor's action, if confirmed, amounts to a display of contempt for the legislature, which, according to the law, is by no means inferior to the executive arm. It is just as if a president were to walk into the supreme court while in session and physically drag out the chief justice to prevent him/her from delivering a judgement that the president fears might be unfavourable to him. In quasi-religious terms, I would describe it as an abomination! In legalistic terms, I would call it an impeachable aberration. In ordinary parlance, I would say it is simply not done.

Am not a lawyer so I wont challenge your legal assertions, but tell me does it make sense legally for five members of a house of 32 to unilaterally impeach the speaker? I wont be surprised if the FG chooses to recognize the so called new speaker, one tries to be dispassionate about the whole affair but sometimes it just get so difficult sitting on the fence
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by tpia5: 9:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
so, which way now?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by takedat(m): 9:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Can 5 members form a quorum?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by nairaarea: 9:30pm On Jul 09, 2013
tHIs is serious
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pattey(m): 9:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
atlwireles:

So the people carrying machine guns wearing police uniforms in front of assembly gate as Chibuike convoy is trying to depart are not police officers? The SSS mens were Rivers state security boys surrounding the lexus jeep with the gov inside God will help us all

Oga, can't U read? Please read what I wrote again b4 posting another response
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by atlwireles: 9:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pattey:

Oga, can't U read? Please read what I wrote again b4 posting another response

My friend na wetin you post way I NO read
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pattey(m): 9:45pm On Jul 09, 2013
Newsflash: for those blaming this on Gov Amaechi and his loyalists. . . Be informed that even tho the Man on white; Hon. Lloyd is pro-amaechi and he was caught on camera thrashing the hell out of an anti-amaechi. . . Lloyd was the first to be attacked by Bipi and Chinda earlier in the day and he dint retaliate.

It was in season two that he became the aggressor!

Please, should he have suffered twice in a day and do nothing?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
swezenberg: Why are we all trading insults over Amaechi and Jonathan. If you all think any of these two are the leaders we need in 2015 then I weep for Nigeria.
As for Amaechi I do not pity him a bit, you can not be a clean person and belong to PDP. Some were saying Gbenga Daniel was a saint then. How many of them can repeat the same thing now.
As for Jonathan I'm dissapointed with the way he's taking this his 2015 presidential ambition. He himself is giving a wrong pointer that it is a do or die affair. His wife's actions and his tussle with a state governor is laughable. The PDP has shown us time without number that it's full of radicals and mediocres. But Nigerians will still vote them in 2015. If you think things will be better in Naija under PDP you will need to wait for another 100yrs. As for me I'll wait till 2015 to see the outcome to decide whether I still belong here or not.

My thoughts exactly!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Alfoasegh: 9:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo: After all said and done, Amaechi is a strong man. Ikwerre anu meka!
Diale!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by successking: 9:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
If the elected officials of Rivers State Government have failed in her responsibility of peacefully runing the affairs of the State Government, then all should resigne with immediate effect.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by abnakol: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
Is madness or wat!
Pitifully musing
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pukkah: 10:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akainzo:

Amaechi rightfully stormed the Assembly. Those who preach equity should come with clean hands.

It's a crime to be lawful in a situation of anarchy and everything is fair in war.

The Speaker would have been 'impeached' today if Amaechi didn't step in to restore law and order as the Chief Security Officer of the state. And after the kangaroo 'impeachment', the same 5 renegade (minority) members would have later 'impeached' Amaechi, albeit illegally.

Would the 'iilegal' impeachment have been implemented by the Police? Oh yes! Remember their CP is already biased. This has been the game plan of the anti-Amaechi groups all along.

Mr Amaechi, continue #OperationStorm a beg! There's no gentleman in Nigerian politics. It's the more ungentlemanly that wins.

The same people who are hailing mandate thief Jonah Jang are now condemning Amaechi for speedily rising to assist his destiny.

They're also saying Amaechi is a traitor. How? For having an ambition? The Northern governors who supported Jonathan against Atiku, IBB and Gusau were not traitors? Nyesom Wike, Amaechi's former Chief of Staff, is not a worse traitor?

Amaechi, no matter the way this goes, you remain a courageous man. So far, well done!

If you win, you're a bold man.

If you lose, you've fought a good fight!

7 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by tpia5: 10:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
successking: If the elected officials of Rivers State Government have failed in her responsibility of peacefully runing the affairs of the State Government, then all should resigne with immediate effect.

i dont think i can argue with this statement.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Josilver(m): 10:10pm On Jul 09, 2013
[color=#990000][/color]
slimming: It is unlawful for the Governor to do that.
Aproko what did he do.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by atlwireles: 10:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pattey: Newsflash: for those blaming this on Gov Amaechi and his loyalists. . . Be informed that even tho the Man on white; Hon. Lloyd is pro-amaechi and he was caught on camera thrashing the hell out of an anti-amaechi. . . Lloyd was the first to be attacked by Bipi and Chinda earlier in the day and he dint retaliate.

It was in season two that he became the aggressor!

Please, should he have suffered twice in a day and do nothing?

That is your story, did he take the pictures of himself in the hospital before or after the attack You have too many video clips from neutral sources to make your claim here laughable.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Afroconnect: 10:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
The political class have sold themselves out-left themselves open...some people need to go to jail for this,its a shame.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Afroconnect: 10:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
Timehin:

Chei..omo na pesin papa dem break mace for him head so Dis aint funny anymore o.

For Ameachi to have allowed things degenerate to this level shows he's not a good manager.
That man in red cap and white native should be arrested.dat is assault,causing serious bodily harm.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by kolexy(m): 10:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
dBard:

oya identify urself.. UST boy grin grin

Nkpolite, I hail oh.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Lagos APC Primary Turns Bloody, Party Chairman & Others Brutally Beaten (Photos) / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / Presidential Aspirant, Tien Jack Rich Visits Kaduna State Govt Donates N15m To V

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.