Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,362 members, 7,819,310 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:11 PM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43547 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by JackBaueress(f): 1:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Funny enough, i heard otherwise. Anyway, let me wait for a confirmation before further comment.
You can go to the site below and confirm. smh

www.yabaleft.com
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Joyfullyme: 1:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
I heard that there was an impeachment attempt then the governor went there and collected the mace.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 1:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
According to early reports, the majority leader of the
house, was so badly beaten, he was drenched in blood.
The police were said to have watched the violent scene
as unconcerned observers.

With the news above, I don't think it will be long before the 1st shots are fired.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Funny enough, i heard it was an attempted impeachment of the speaker. grin

Ur source is a crook. Have nothing to do with him or her again. U don't need such in ur life.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 1:28pm On Jul 09, 2013
Jack Baueress: You can go to the site below and confirm. smh

www.yabaleft.com

By God, you really don't want it with me. trust me kid.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akanbiedu(m): 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine:

You forgot the ultimate provision which will render your man helpless

State of Emergency . . .

You miss the point. State of emergency or whatever may succeed in rendering Amechie helpless but may not prevent chaos that will follow. Years down the line, you people will start spending money again to curb militancy.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 1:29pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

IF this is the true story, then its quite unfortunate. We must condemn barbaric acts like this no matter whose side we are on.

Very fair.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by JackBaueress(f): 1:32pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

With the news above, I don't think it will be long before the 1st shots are fired.
That means it was well executed and planned. Very interesting!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Demdem:

Ur source is a crook. Have nothing to do with him or her again. U don't need such in ur life.

Lol. abi? Violence shouldn't be promoted in Nigeria Politics anymore, we have had enough. Although it doesn't change the fact that Amaechi is getting it all wrong politically.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by dBard: 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

Rubbish! The FG wants to create another crisis in Rivers State. They should leave us to live in peace. We don't want militancy or Boko Haram here.

Is it d Fg dat left his chambers t physically stop an impeachment process from going on leading t that fracas.
Is a gov supposed t descend t such levels, d level u'll expect of militants n oda riff raffs off d street.
blame d fg f everything..

3 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 1:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

It's a known fact that the cp is partisan. He has to go.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by hoodboy(m): 1:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
What is happening in rivers state is a big shame
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
dBard:

Is it d Fg dat left his chambers t physically stop an impeachment process from going on leading t that fracas.
Is a gov supposed t descend t such levels, d level u'll expect of militants n oda riff raffs off d street.

Have you confirmed this yet bro?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by antartica(m): 1:37pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rascally chimps that are better of in caged laboratories for scientific and anthropological experiments,instead of so-called legislative houses where they ruin millions of supposedly human lives.

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Rhino5dm: 1:40pm On Jul 09, 2013
The commissioner of police led the 5 anti amaechi house members to impeach the speaker and beat up Chidi Lloyds. Am afraid this will lead to chaos, cos we have 2 speakers in rivers state presently. Eye witness.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ogb5(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
Demdem:

It's a known fact that the cp is partisan. He has to go.

Wetin concern CP for this one again?

Millionaires dey throw blow you want poor policemen to go intervene? abeg leave CP for this one.

If am a policeman and see stupid law makers fighting, I will only take pictures, Daz all.

6 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Demdem(m): 1:43pm On Jul 09, 2013
dBard:

What impeachment are u even talking about
5 pro wike lawmakers can't do such a thing. They are far the minority.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by JackBaueress(f): 1:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:
The commissioner of police led the 5 anti amaechi house members to impeach the speaker and beat up Chidi Lloyds. Am afraid this will lead to chaos, cos we have 2 speakers in rivers state presently. Eye witness.
5 out of 29 lawmakers? how possible? well, i ain't surprised! after all jang's 16 defeated amaechi's 19. who says Nigerians ain't good in mathematics? smh!

2 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 1:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
Demdem:

The New Speaker just spoke to naija info and he said 16 members out of the 25 members of the house present passed vote of no confidence to the leadership of the house. He said governor ameachi came to the house and faught him. He claimed gov ameachi tore his colleague shirt nd ordered his boys to chase them out. UPDATE: The new speaker hon. Evans BP said he has no plans to imepeach the governor but if needs arises he will, speaking to naija info. The speaker said it is sham for the governor to have intruded in the house sitting

See what i heard!

6 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 1:51pm On Jul 09, 2013
Jack Baueress: You are a balless c0ck just like your president! If you think he got ballls to declare a SOE, then let him go ahead! He should be ready to face the aftermath.

The ranting of an irrelevant ant and Jack A/rse . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by akpomeme(m): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
Ameachi !!! Pride comes before the fall of a man.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by JackBaueress(f): 1:55pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine:

It took you so long to reply me? ok, am done with your sorry a$$,save your strength for another day Mr Fegen. grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by akpomeme(m): 1:56pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine:

They will soon face reality ... Left to right... I
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Rhino5dm: 1:58pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

The New Speaker just spoke to naija info and he said 16 members out of the 25 members of the house present passed vote of no confidence to the leadership of the house. He said governor ameachi came to the house and faught him. He claimed gov ameachi tore his colleague shirt nd ordered his boys to chase them out. UPDATE: The new speaker hon. Evans BP said he has no plans to imepeach the governor but if needs arises he will, speaking to naija info. The speaker said it is sham for the governor to have intruded in the house sitting

See what i heard!

Do you have any pictures or video evidence to support this? ofcourse, the press should have been allowed to cover this historic event, NO?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by akpomeme(m): 2:00pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

Do you have any pictures or video evidence to support this? ofcourse, the press should have been allowed to cover this historic event, NO?

Why are you living in denial. The news is out of ph already...
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rascal governor

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Rhino5dm: 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
akpomeme:

Why are you living in denial. The news is out of ph already...

So, asking for proof now implies living in denial? What are you onto?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 2:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

I wasn't there so i am not claiming to have a first hand info on that. Am not as hypocritical as you, i just posted a contrary story.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

They seem to forget that there were witnesses. I heard they came with youths in buses and started the attack from outside which forced workers to flee.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by cooltone: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
careytommy: Rascal governor
GEJ is a gentle militant.

3 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by midpoint: 2:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
There was free-for-all yesterday at the Rivers State House of Assembly between pro and anti-Amaechi lawmakers.

The five lawmakers loyal to the Minister of State for Education, Chief Nyesom Wike, initially impeached the Speaker, Otelemaba Dan Amachree, with a new Speaker, Evans Bapakaye Bipi, who represents Ogu/Bolo constituency, elected as the new speaker.

As Bipi mounted the speaker’s seat to give his acceptance/maiden speech, the Rivers Governor, Rotimi Amaechi, who is also the Chairman of the Nigeria Governors’ Forum (NGF), stormed the main chambers of the Assembly, with Amachree, other loyal lawmakers and security men, leading to exchange of fisticuffs.

In the course of fighting with dangerous weapons, the Speaker and Leader of the House, Chidi Lloyd, a lawyer, who represents Emohua constituency and loyal to Amaechi were injured. Lloyd is still in the hospital.

Also seriously injured were two anti-Amaechi lawmakers: Martins Amewhule and Michael Okechukwu Chinda, and also hospitalised, with anti-Amaechi lawmakers sacked from the House.

When the punching eventually subsided, the House later sat amid tight security, with 23 pro-Amaechi lawmakers in attendance and presided over by Amachree. Amaechi left immediately.

Rivers Deputy Governor, Tele Ikuru, an engineer, was later ushered into the Assembly chambers and he presented minor adjustments to the 2013 budget, on behalf of Amaechi.

Speaker said the amendment would not affect the earlier figure of N490 billion. Shortly after Ikuru left, the House was tadjourned indefinitely, in view of the tension.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/news-update/free-for-all-fight-in-rivers-assemby/
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 2:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
Rhino.5dm:

So, asking for proof now implies living in denial? What are you onto?

We all have not gotten the real story but sycophants like you are already taking sides and what not. Let it be known here that i condemn violence in its entirety no matter what.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Xenophobia: FG Gives Loan, 9GB Data, N40,000 Airtime To South African Returnees / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges / Abba Kyari Storms Kaduna To Help Catch Killers Of Agwom Adara(photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.