Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? (43553 Views)

EFCC Seals Borno House Of Assembly, As Hon Members Take To Their Heels - Nationa / War At Benue State House Of Assembly As Lawmakers Exchange Blows / Tonye Harry Is Dead (Ex-Rivers Speaker) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by McLuhan(m): 6:02pm On Jul 09, 2013
Before we get ourselves all agitated and worked up in support of one side or the other, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it is proper and constitutional for the governor (as head of the executive branch of government) to march into the assembly chambers (of the state legislature) and seize by fiat the symbol of that branch of government, regardless of what situation subsisted in the chambers at that time. In my humble opinion, such an act is in itself an impeachable offence, for it constitutes a usurpation of the duties that belong properly to the serjeant-at-arms, who statutorily custodies the mace and whose duties also include maintaining order and security in the legislative assembly. Even more seriously, the governor's action, if confirmed, amounts to a display of contempt for the legislature, which, according to the law, is by no means inferior to the executive arm. It is just as if a president were to walk into the supreme court while in session and physically drag out the chief justice to prevent him/her from delivering a judgement that the president fears might be unfavourable to him. In quasi-religious terms, I would describe it as an abomination! In legalistic terms, I would call it an impeachable aberration. In ordinary parlance, I would say it is simply not done.

16 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:04pm On Jul 09, 2013
McLuhan: Before we get ourselves all agitated and worked up in support of one side or the other, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it is proper and constitutional for the governor (as head of the executive branch of government) to march into the assembly chambers (of the state legislature) and seize by fiat the symbol of that branch of government, regardless of what situation subsisted in the chambers at that time. In my humble opinion, such an act is in itself an impeachable offence, for it constitutes a usurpation of the duties that belong properly to the serjeant-at-arms, who statutorily custodies the mace and whose duties also include maintaining order and security in the legislative assembly. Even more seriously, the governor's action, if confirmed, amounts to a display of contempt for the legislature, which, according to the law, is by no means inferior to the executive arm. It is just as if a president were to walk into the supreme court while in session and physically drag out the chief justice to prevent him/her from delivering a judgement that the president fears might be unfavourable to him. In quasi-religious terms, I would describe it as an abomination! In legalistic terms, I would call it an impeachable aberration. In ordinary parlance, I would say it is simply not done.

GOD BLESS YOU MY BROTHER! Stewpid Amaechi buttlickers will never see anything wrong in the man's action.

8 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 6:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

The reason is because of his attitude. Amaechi sees himself as a demi-god in Rivers and most of these people find it difficult to have a good relationship with him. He is proud, arrogant and self centered. How can one man be fighting almost all the political heavy-weights in Rivers state? haba!!! Something is wrong with the man.
What about the majority that have a good relationship with Amaechi? So if a man is firm and does not play to the gallery then he is arrogant. Does saying the truth the way it is mean arrogancy.At least with the so-called arrogancy he is performing, he is far better than those lying politicians. Abi arrogancy na impeachable offence All those people listed are not political heavy-weights. Like I said earlier they are all failures who feel that they have seen a good reason to fight the man that won them.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ccwizard: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=funnyx]

Shame! Shame!! And shame!!![[

Dats chidi llyod using the mase on vokor a pro-gej assembly member. And the same chidi llyod is crying fowl.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
What about the majority that have a good relationship with Amaechi? So if a man is firm and does not play to the gallery then he is arrogant. Does saying the truth the way it is mean arrogancy.At least with the so-celled arrogant he is performing, he is far better than those lying politicians. Abi arrogancy na impeachable offence All those people listed are not political heavy-weights. Like I said earlier they are all failures who feel that they have seen a good reason to fight the man that won them.

he is fighting in NGF, he is fighting Omehia,he is fighting Wike, he is fighting Seriake Dickson, he is fighting Rivers state CP, he is fighting Patience Jonathan. haba!!! Ogini?? FYI, you can also classify amaechi's second term as a "failure".

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 6:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
The guy who taped this tried. Now I'm eagerly waiting for the 1st shots.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 6:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
McLuhan: Before we get ourselves all agitated and worked up in support of one side or the other, perhaps we should ask ourselves whether it is proper and constitutional for the governor (as head of the executive branch of government) to march into the assembly chambers (of the state legislature) and seize by fiat the symbol of that branch of government, regardless of what situation subsisted in the chambers at that time. In my humble opinion, such an act is in itself an impeachable offence, for it constitutes a usurpation of the duties that belong properly to the serjeant-at-arms, who statutorily custodies the mace and whose duties also include maintaining order and security in the legislative assembly. Even more seriously, the governor's action, if confirmed, amounts to a display of contempt for the legislature, which, according to the law, is by no means inferior to the executive arm. It is just as if a president were to walk into the supreme court while in session and physically drag out the chief justice to prevent him/her from delivering a judgement that the president fears might be unfavourable to him. In quasi-religious terms, I would describe it as an abomination! In legalistic terms, I would call it an impeachable aberration. In ordinary parlance, I would say it is simply not done.
I THINK WE SHOULD FIRST ASK OURSELVES IF IT IS LAWFUL FOR 5 MEMBERS TO IMPEACH A SPEAKER OR GOVERNOR, OR IF IT IS LAWFUL FOR A FIRST LADY WITH THE CORROBORATION OF HER HUSBAND AND A SERVING MINISTER INSIST THAT THE ASSEMBLY SHOULD IMPEACH THEIR GOVERNOR EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO REASON TO.

7 Likes

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:13pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
I THINK WE SHOULD FIRST ASK OURSELVES IF IT IS LAWFUL FOR 5 MEMBERS TO IMPEACH A SPEAKER OR GOVERNOR, OR IF IT IS LAWFUL FOR A FIRST LADY WITH THE CORROBORATION OF HER HUSBAND AND A SERVING MINISTER INSIST THAT THE ASSEMBLY SHOULD IMPEACH THEIR GOVERNOR EVEN WHEN THERE IS NO REASON TO.

And this makes Amaechi's action right? Too bad i have been arguing with a sycophant. bye

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

Whats lawless in an impeachment process? As long as two third of the house decides to that, it is lawful. The lawless one here is Amaechi who disrupted a lawful process. Bloody hypocrite.
Lets continue to say the truth pls, is 5/33 equals to two-third?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by princewoles: 6:14pm On Jul 09, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st]GEJ is set to destroy the nation over his 2015 agenda..

1. He has used BH to destroy and destabilize the North..

2. He has empowered and armed Niger Delta militants..

3. He tried introducing Boko Haram to the S-West, when he failed he gave OPC millions to procure arms against 2015..

Mr. GEJ, the gods are watching you.

cool[/quote. You are an apparent idiot for saying all those rubish
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 6:15pm On Jul 09, 2013
ccwizard: Dats chidi llyod using the mase on vokor a pro-gej assembly member. And the say chidi llyod is crying fool

Interesting . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
ssii:
Lets continue to say the truth pls, is 5/33 equals to two-third?

Do you understand English at all? i said "as long as".
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by fernado56: 6:17pm On Jul 09, 2013
To people that follow Nigeria politics well , these is another scenario of the impeachment saga of Gov Rashidi ladoja of Oyo State By Adedibu Camp and Obasanjo in 2005 , The house of assembly was moved to a hotel and a common NURTW Thug sat as the speaker of the house with full support of Police Commissioner then , Almost the same things is about to happen in River State how could 5 lawmaker impeach the speaker of the house or the Pro Amaechi lawmakers?? We need to face the reality , they are trying to use forces to either impeach the governor illegally which is not a new thing in Nigeria democracy or destabilize the peace of river state and paint the Governor black and declare state of emergency ,I have lost all my Love for G.E.J , i know he is being pushed by sycophant , cos he is showing too much desperation for power.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Jul 09, 2013
Na wa!
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Leboska(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
I'm sorry to say this Amechi can never survive this.

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:19pm On Jul 09, 2013
fernado56:

I have lost all my Love for G.E.J , i know he is being pushed by sycophant , cos he is showing too much desperation for power.

Bullocks. Wike is in-charge of Rivers state PDP. You all should for once leave Jonathan out of this mess.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Akainzo(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

The reason is because of his attitude. Amaechi sees himself as a demi-god in Rivers and most of these people find it difficult to have a good relationship with him. He is proud, arrogant and self centered. How can one man be fighting almost all the political heavy-weights in Rivers state? haba!!! Something is wrong with the man.

Sure something is wrong somewhere. Could it be that the disagreement is about sharing money?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Abagworo(m): 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
As for 2015 there will be crisis because Jonathan will lose and attempt the 2011 method while opposition will not yield like they did in 2011. The same thing that happened in NGF, Oguta re-run of Imo State and now this attempted impeachment. I pray God intervenes in usual manner to save Nigeria before 2015.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Naija I dey hail una.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by fernado56: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
oddy4real: I just got this from an Eye witness on twitter.
AMAECHI IS NOT INNOCENT AFTERALL

Eye witness as what?? As a lawmaker or journalist , If the police can protect the security of the house of assembly , The Governor as the chief security officer of the state as right to protect it all , And the 5 lawmaker are the culprit .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ssii: 6:22pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akanbi_edu:

You miss the point. State of emergency or whatever may succeed in rendering Amechie helpless but may not prevent chaos that will follow. Years down the line, you people will start spending money again to curb militancy.
Thank you, you just hit the nail on the head. And that is what we are all afraid of. They beginning to recruit them again. We all know how PEJ is pallying with Ateke, a man that unleashed mayhem on Okrika and PH with the help of Sekibo. We have seen enough blood shed in River, we got used to gunshots every now and then. A whole community (Okuru) was sacked while policemen watched. Okrika was a no go area, Amadi-ama people were constantly on the run for their lives, kidnapping was almost an everyday occurrence. Now we have some level of peace, and these enemies of our state are calling back these boys, giving them money to create problems.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Apparently the police supported the PRO- Amaechi group going by the video . .. . .

Let me see any Amaechi irritant distort events . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
Akainzo:

Sure something is wrong somewhere. Could it be that the disagreement is about sharing money?
No, its an attitude problem. His attitude stinks.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 6:23pm On Jul 09, 2013
As the chief security officer in the state, it is his job to prevent a break down of law and order. Especially when the police has proven sectional and biased in the matters arising grin

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 6:24pm On Jul 09, 2013
I have a feeling this won't end well. It's about to get bloody in Rivers.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Pukkah: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:

We all have not gotten the real story but sycophants like you are already taking sides and what not. Let it be known here that i condemn violence in its entirety no matter what.

Those who make peaceful changes impossible make violent changes inevitable.

Those who are condemning Amaechi are not condemning the 5 minority members? No?

1 Like

Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela:
As the chief security officer in the state, it is his job to prevent a break down of law and order. Especially when the police has proven sectional and biased in the matters arising grin

The video proved otherwise bros. grin grin
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by mbulela: 6:25pm On Jul 09, 2013
slimghost:
No, its an attitude problem. His attitude stinks.
go tell that to the marines.
All this fight is sharing related.
You mean Wike did not know and see that Amaechi had a stinking attitude when he was stakng his life for him while Amaechi was in Ghana. Wike even invested his personal funds in the 'struggle'. Leave all that attitude story. This is a fight over slush funds.
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by jmaine: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
mbulela:

But i just saw a police man support in mauling a Pro GEJ member during the melee . .What sayest thou ? . . . .
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
jmaine: Apparently the police supported the PRO- Amaechi group going by the video . .. . .

Let me see any Amaechi irritant distort events . . .

What about this? Pro-GEJ went to House of Assembly with sole aim of fomenting trouble and none was even arrested for constituting public nuisance. If they had been promptly arrested, the fracas would have been avoided.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONJ8dbuzGnk
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by slimghost(m): 6:26pm On Jul 09, 2013
Pukkah:

Those who make peaceful changes impossible make violent changes inevitable.

Those who are condemning Amaechi are not condemning the 5 minority members? No?

5 members trying to impeach the speaker is illegal of course, who said otherwise?
Re: Rivers' Speaker Impeached, Amaechi Storms Assembly As Fight Erupts? by ckkris: 6:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Abagworo:

it only requires killing of few pro-Amaechi or pro-GEJ politicians for a war to start

Between who and who? Please make sure you're not over rating the relevance of your Amechi.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari And Merkel Laughing Off Aisha’s BBC Interview (Photos) / APC Keyamo Vs PDP Segun Sowunmi On Sunrise Daily: Nigerians React / Bashir Ahmed Meets Atiku's Children, Aliyu And Mustapha Abubakar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.