Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,754 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges (43534 Views)

We Were Forced To Implicate Saraki - Offa Robbery Suspect / What Saraki, Dogara, Other Npdp Members Actually Want – Oyegun / We Are Saraki's Boys - Video Confession Of Offa Robbery Suspects(watch) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Ebuscoee(m): 3:44pm On Jun 10, 2018
The Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, in Kwara State, Chief Iyiola Oyedepo, has stated that the police did not induce the Offa armed robbery suspects to make confessions against Dr. Bukola Saraki.

DAILY POST had reported how the political thugs arrested in connection with the bloody Offa bank robbery indicted the President of the Senate, Saraki and the Kwara State governor, Abdulfatah Ahmed.

Asked in an interview with Punch if President Muhammadu Buhari was victimizing Saraki and Ahmed through the police by linking them to the Offa robbery, Oyedepo said, “No, I do not think so. We must be objective in all our analysis or presentation on this matter.

“We should not tell lies against anybody . The grievances of the nPDP are not the same thing with the criminal allegations levelled against the Senate President and the governor.

“If they are pursuing their demands within their party without any link tocrime, nobody will accuse them of committing any crime. Their nPDP activities have nothing to do with sponsoring thugs in Kwara State.

“If they did not sponsor thugs and if those thugs did not make any confession, I believe that the Presidency and the police will not manufacture lies against the Senate President and the governor.

“For instance, I do not believe that the suspects were induced to make confessional statements because those boys are closely associated with the Government of Kwara State.

“Secondly , the state government and Saraki have bought vehicles for the boys and I have had cause to raise the alarm on a radio programme to
condemn the action in the immediate past.

“The vehicles in possession of the boys are without registered numbers. They were driving them around with customised number plates which have Saraki’s name inscribed on them.

“The fact that the boys were ( allegedly ) on the payroll of the state government was enough to dismiss insinuations that Saraki and Ahmed are being unnecessarily victimised by the police . So , it is better for them to go and clear the grey areas before creating an impression that they are being persecuted . I don’ t believe that they are suffering any form of persecution.

“I have witnessed some of the activities of the boys before and I was even a victim of their acts of thuggery in the past.

“They are used to disturbing the electorate and electoral process in Kwara State. I do not want people to mix the Offa robbery up with the violent activities of the thugs. I am not saying that Saraki participated in the robbery . I cannot even claim that he sent them to go and rob.

“No! But he emboldened them to live a life of crime. The boys relied on the authority of the number three citizen in Nigeria , fully armed with guns and all other instruments of violence , to do anything because they also enjoy the legitimate cover of government.

“Anybody with such patronage from high places will definitely take to the life of crime. So , the issue of robbery is a separate case . It is a known fact that Saraki and Ahmed are making use of those boys to perpetrate violence against perceived enemies during elections . When they are short of funds, they take to robbery.

“There is therefore, a nexus between the encouragement and patronage they are getting from the state government and the crime they committed.

“So that is what we should look at instead of putting up an argument that they were not sent to go and rob.”

SOURCE:
https://www.merchantv.com/2018/06/offa-robbery-what-saraki-did-for.html

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by HungerBAD: 3:45pm On Jun 10, 2018
Ok
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Okoroawusa: 3:50pm On Jun 10, 2018
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by HRHQueenPhil(f): 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
many opened his thread thinking it was bishop oyedepo wink

58 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
Bukola Saraki please resign

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by naijaguy123456(m): 4:20pm On Jun 10, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:
Just what I thought too not knowing it's the unknown Oyedepo . grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by ashjay001(m): 5:35pm On Jun 10, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:

Before nkotongue

Ota Pogrin(enemies plenty)

8 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Throwback: 5:41pm On Jun 10, 2018
The below was from the Kwara state PDP chairman.

I wonder what the PDP sycophants have to say now?

Secondly , the state government and Saraki have bought vehicles for the boys and I have had cause to raise the alarm on a radio programme to
condemn the action in the immediate past.

“The vehicles in possession of the boys are without registered numbers. They were driving them around with customised number plates which have Saraki’s name inscribed on them.

“The fact that the boys were ( allegedly ) on the payroll of the state government was enough to dismiss insinuations that Saraki and Ahmed are being unnecessarily victimised by the police . So , it is better for them to go and clear the grey areas before creating an impression that they are being persecuted . I don’ t believe that they are suffering any form of persecution.

“I have witnessed some of the activities of the boys before and I was even a victim of their acts of thuggery in the past.

“They are used to disturbing the electorate and electoral process in Kwara State. I do not want people to mix the Offa robbery up with the violent activities of the thugs. I am not saying that Saraki participated in the robbery . I cannot even claim that he sent them to go and rob.

“No! But he emboldened them to live a life of crime. The boys relied on the authority of the number three citizen in Nigeria , fully armed with guns and all other instruments of violence , to do anything because they also enjoy the legitimate cover of government.

“Anybody with such patronage from high places will definitely take to the life of crime. So , the issue of robbery is a separate case . It is a known fact that Saraki and Ahmed are making use of those boys to perpetrate violence against perceived enemies during elections . When they are short of funds, they take to robbery.

“There is therefore, a nexus between the encouragement and patronage they are getting from the state government and the crime they committed.

“So that is what we should look at instead of putting up an argument that they were not sent to go and rob.”

46 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by sobastical: 6:03pm On Jun 10, 2018
Not far from the truth...

37 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:28pm On Jun 10, 2018
What I know is that it is not only Saraki that has thugs

If they are to arrest politicians with thugs from numbers 1-5, TINUBU will be number 1 on that list!

So why make it Saraki's affair as if other politicians are saints undecided

Now if you are talking about stealing and murdering at the Offa bank, no sane mind will ask you not to persecute Saraki if he is found wanting

If the Nigerian police already have evidences against him, follow due process now, charge him to court! Very Simple!

modified:
for many quote I have received especially those objective without any form of insults, I appreciate and to those who are equally not I also appreciate your quotes

Let me reiterate using Oredein recently posted on nairaland as a case study.

Oredein, and some police officers teamed up with a robber and robbed a bank

[b]Please note that the judge knew that Oredein could distance himself from the robbery and he tendered an overwhelming evidence which Oredein could not deny.

The culpit even testified that Oredein knew about the robbery and collects his share

Now my point is this:
If after your investigations, charge him to court!

I only know Saraki as the senate president and nothing more. I am on the side of JUSTICE!
I say things the way they are! Saraki should be CHARGED just like other criminals IF FOUND GUILTY but not based on differences on political ideas!

YOU are all shouting upandan but how many times have we raised issues on the killing by herdsmen Which is OVER 100 people, please be honest, did the Nigerian police/ IGP react like this

please lets not be sentimental about this issue! Ask and answer this question:
1. Why is FULANI is free roaming and killing

2. Look at the list of those facing persecution right now: They are either the oppositions or those with contrary views to Buhari's leadership styles:
a. Shehu Sani
b. Saraki
c. Dino
d. Fayose
e. OBJ
While I am not against the fight against corruption, I am against SELECTIVE JUSTICE!

Buhari is not going to take us to the promise land with lies and propaganda!
I make bold to tender a recent happening:
1. The killings of the just cincluded APC primaries in Ekiti where lives were lost!

2. Fulani killings on a daily basis, has any sponsors being mentioned?

3. MURIC has made more hate speeches than I have ever heard anywhere yet they roam freely while the police arrests any common man who dare speaks against the president

4. Mayetti Allah or whatever they called themselves owned up to the killings in Benue, where is the police And alot of instances like that!

I repeat: NO TO SELECTIVE JUSTICE while FG corrects this abnormalities, if Saraki is found guilty, do not spare the rod in fact I will be amongst the first to condemn him

Thank you!

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by DaBullIT(m): 6:36pm On Jun 10, 2018
Apologists and sell professed genius analysts whose IQ score is -47 will come and spew trash on this thread , this is coming from PDP chairman

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by 9jaArea: 6:43pm On Jun 10, 2018
Children of hate come and defend your criminal against your PDP chieftain.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by phastaphosto: 7:26pm On Jun 10, 2018
Enemy of himself(something oyedepo)
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by wingmanII: 7:33pm On Jun 10, 2018
Might be true. But proving it in court is another thing.

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Femmymcox(m): 8:16pm On Jun 10, 2018
grin grin grin
naijaguy123456:
Just what I thought too not knowing it's the unknown Oyedepo . grin grin

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by ahidjo: 8:17pm On Jun 10, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

If they are to arrest politicians with thugs from numbers 1-5, TINUBU will be number 1 on that list!

Now if you are talking about stealing and murdering at the Offa bank, no sane mind will ask you not to persecute Saraki if he is found wanting

If the Nigerian police already have evidences against him, follow due process now, charge him to court! Very Simple!

Characters like you are not supposed to live with civilized beings. Disgusting!

69 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by czarina(f): 12:53am On Jun 11, 2018
Conspiracy theorists.

Check my profile if you live in Jos and environs cool
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by kmaster007: 1:31am On Jun 11, 2018
and some pple will still be supporting him.. thunder way go strike some pples Ehn nah from Biafra land he go com

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Nobody: 5:28am On Jun 11, 2018
Throwback:
The below was from the Kwara state PDP chairman.

I wonder what the PDP sycophants have to say now?

Political thugs are all over the country. its easy to single them out on government empowerment, what about those whom have received same empowerment and have made good with it? They never said saraki gave them guns but micheal opadokun who happens not to be seen anymore when the robbers are paraded.

Some of us are not holding brief for saraki, we just hate lies and hypocrisy.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by femi4: 5:41am On Jun 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

Tinubu's thugs don't steal, the are well behave

8 Likes

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by MaziOmenuko: 5:42am On Jun 11, 2018
Wiseandtrue:

In order words, since the act is perculiar to many politicians, then this once caught should be set free despite kjlling 33 innocent people? Isn't it? That is your own logic: let's free them since everyone is guilty, we are now a banana republic baa? Just listen to yourself.

[/b]

You are just contradicting yourself. When you say 'persecute saraki if found guilty' what exactly do you think the persecution entails? How do you charge someone to court without hearing his own side of the story? No judge will even hear a case where investigation has not been done including getting a statement from the parties involved.

He has been invited for questioning, you are shouting witch hunt. Should the police have sued him without questioning first?

Na waoh! After yarning trash, u people will now include a statement that you are not supporting crime; yes you are. An igbo proverb says: ebulu ozu onye ozo, odika obu nku ka ebu (when another man's corpse is been carried, it feels like it is firewood that is being lifted)
You will act and think that the corpse of 33 innocent people are firewood until yours is lifted as well.

60 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by seunmsg(m): 5:51am On Jun 11, 2018
In saner, Saraki and Abdulfatai would have resigned by now. In Nigeria however, reverse is the case. Even some citizen who are victims of the criminal activities of the saraki funded gang are here calling the case a set up. Our media that should be at the fore front of demanding the resignation of Saraki and Ahmed are also selling the 'political witch hunt story'. What can one even expect from the media with bigots like Nnanna littering the media space.

20 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Pavore9: 6:34am On Jun 11, 2018
Innocent blood was shed all those who were part of it, directly or indirectly must not escape justice before God nor man.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by sparog(m): 7:20am On Jun 11, 2018
angry
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by mrpredictor: 7:57am On Jun 11, 2018
shocked
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by Nobody: 7:58am On Jun 11, 2018
angry
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by obalove(m): 7:58am On Jun 11, 2018
sad
Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by lonelydora: 7:59am On Jun 11, 2018
HRHQueenPhil:

Lol. Me too

1 Like

Re: Offa Robbery: What Saraki Did For Robbery Suspects – Oyedepo Alleges by obembet(f): 7:59am On Jun 11, 2018
Can't you write the full name or kwara PDP chairman instead? Why oyedepo alone.. Stupy blogger

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Atiku Reacts As Supreme Court Dismissed His Appeal Against Buhari / Bianca-Ebele Fracas: Soludo Apologizes For Breach Of Protocol / Tokunbo Awolowo Who Presented Flower To Queen Elizabeth In 1956

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.