Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,963 members, 7,817,837 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:49 PM

Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) (15319 Views)

Protest Going On In Lagos Over Fuel Scarcity : Exclusive Photos / ASUP Strike Called Off! / Jubilation In Jos Over ASUU’s Suspension Of Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 3:06pm On Jul 09, 2013
Good move. I'm sick of d 3months+ ASUP strike.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by AbuMikey(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
Such is Life!!!
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Ghydyon(m): 3:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
It really affected my movement 2 day bt stil,its a beta move 4 a beta 2moro...aluta continua
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by abu12: 3:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Keep it up that is how you can get their attention to your plight
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by starlite1: 4:35pm On Jul 09, 2013
They are in a long thing,nobody go answer them,afterall their children are all studying abroad.

wetin concern agbero with motor park
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by promisechild(m): 4:38pm On Jul 09, 2013
This is a total waste of time and energy, protesting in lagos can not solve anything don't be astonished if the minister of education is unware about the protest that took place today in lagos,the problem I have with this protesting is that it was not carried out in the right place,Abuja is the suitable place for the protestant.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by profeoo(m): 4:41pm On Jul 09, 2013
Uhmmmm! Is protest really the answer? E don tey wen ASUU & Federal Govt don d̶̲̅éý use us students d̶̲̅éý play ball. God is watching!!!
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by ojesoj(m): 4:53pm On Jul 09, 2013
loving it, let this street protest spread to other part of Nigerian states, then generate into unemployment protest just like Egypt told Mr Morsi this is democracy not party or politics affair at the expense of our well being. God bless Nigerian youth. sha Okonjo iweala was talking about lie-lie sleepless. street protest like is the real sleepless to her and her boss GEJ
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
These guyz r fucking scaler quantity yes they got magnitude considering their numbers but they got no direction.they shouldnt jst block our roads they should go to government house in lag na
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Electronzeez(m): 4:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
These guyz r fucking scaler quantities yes they got magnitude considering their numbers but they got no direction.they shouldnt jst block our roads they should go to government house in lag na
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jul 09, 2013
I love d spirit.ALUTA CONTINUA VICTORIA ACCERTAINED
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Pins(m): 5:11pm On Jul 09, 2013
Kip it up guys and i hope if the govt does nt listen 2day,other states join.
Great Nigerian Students!
Great!

1 Like

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Melancholy(m): 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2013
Eko Atlantic: I feel their patriotism and relentless spirit, but Abuja looks more appropriate to stage protest like this. It's solely on the Federal government and Abuja is the rightful place their voices can be well heard.
And lagos centre of excellence. definately our voices will be heard unless they(govt)ignore...
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by armyofone(m): 6:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Time for 5mins break, I can hear the instructor saying 'please be on seat at 10:25am'. I'm not going out but day dreaming of Nigerian students on strike and what it feels like to be struggling. I'm also not going to the cafeteria for lunch cry
God bless you all.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by tohirah(f): 7:07pm On Jul 09, 2013
BABLO!!!(Yabatech SUG presido); ori e wambe grin grin grin
Aluta continua!!!
Victoria aserta!!!

2 Likes

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by damique(m): 7:27pm On Jul 09, 2013
Aluta continua, victoria ascerta... ASUU and FG shuld settle their wahala, mak dem no turn 5yrs to 7yrs!
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by McLuhan(m): 7:34pm On Jul 09, 2013
Let's consider some facts:
(1) Today, no Nigerian university is among the first 5000 in the world or even among the first 50 in Africa.
(2) Ghana spends 31% of its annual budget on education while Nigeria spends a miserly 8.12%.
(3) Last year, Nigerians spent $500million (about N81.5billion) to acquire
education abroad, much of that money going to universities in the UK, US, Canada, Ghana, and South Africa.
(4) Between 1994 and 1996, the military regime in Nigeria spent an average of 12.87% on education, whereas recent administrations have managed to keep education below the 10% threshold.
(5) Due to implementational bottlenecks, no Nigerian goverment ever succeeds in disbursing the total budgeted amount, meaning that actual disbursements are usually far less than the budgetary provisions. Factor in corruption and you'll realise that the funding of education in Nigeria is a joke.
(6) By contrast, Nigeria has the most expensive national legislature in the world, and our Senate President can conveniently pay the salaries of US President Obama, the VP Joe Biden and the principal officers of the US Congress out of his allowances and sundry perks.
(7) Nigeria aspires to become one of the 20 leading economies in the world by the year 2020. According to the world-acclaimed economist Jeffrey Sachs, a Nobel laureate and one of the world's most brilliant development thinkers, no country has ever achieved such a feat without a world-class education system, especially if tertiary education is below par.
So much for the giant of Africa!

1 Like

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Nomski0(f): 7:47pm On Jul 09, 2013
Just wondering if you'll ever see uniben students holding main gate to ransom like this?! #proudlyUniben
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by KwoiZabo(m): 7:49pm On Jul 09, 2013
this one be like where 2 or 3 are gathered. Make una go Egypt go learn protest
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by Image123(m): 8:09pm On Jul 09, 2013
Are they dancing?
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by BrosG: 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2013
Yes I love the protest
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by HezronLorraine(m): 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2013
I think I saw them protesting along Palmgroove today.I saw some of them lying on the floor looking kinda awkward.thought at first it was an accident till I confirmed their presence.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by redsun(m): 11:12pm On Jul 09, 2013
I wonder why the nigerian student union don't scare the government anymore?They use to be a force to reckon with,but now they seems to have turned to the politicians themselves.Weakened mentally,morally and physically.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by BCELLS(m): 6:55am On Jul 10, 2013
Ete Flexible: It seems the most effective way in getting government’s attention on any issue in Nigeria by its employees and other unions is to embark on industrial action, otherwise called strike. The strike option is a common phenomenon adopted by many, from truck/tanker drivers, teachers/lecturers, Judicial workers and transport workers(bus drivers) among others, to air their grievances.
Surprisingly, strike action is a common occurence in our educational sector as academic and non academic staff resort to it in calling goverment’s attention to their welfare and decay in the system and there is no doubting the fact that the incessant industrial actions have crippled the varsity and polytechnic systems and caused disruptions to the sector,including untold hardship to students. ASUU and ASUP should find other methods of airing their grievances, most especially their selfish interest. I have never heard these unions embarking on strike for the cause of poor studying laboratories, equipment which students should use in practicing and poor funding to educational projects, HABA NA!!!!!
Eediot!U copied&pasted a whole vanguard report re-modified with just ur junk comment 'Haba NA!!!Empty barrel
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by OgidiBoy(m): 7:06am On Jul 10, 2013
You call this a protest? no wonder politicians are tapping this country dry and all I see up there are some fools dancing in the street. Sorry I don't see any rage up there all I see is young folks having fun in the streets.
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by laplace19(m): 9:29am On Jul 10, 2013
Probably,they are all ecstatic about this protest. Judging from those pictures I can see the smiles on their faces.Some are even dancing kukere and etighi along the road.Could this be a protest?....or should I call it PROTEST UNDER EXHILARATION. Am worried,cos probability that this jokey scene had by them will yield a good fruit is very low. However,let's hope in God and keep praying that this strike will be called-off very soon
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by b03liberty(m): 9:44am On Jul 10, 2013
deejay_harry1: idiots wey suppose dey there house
dey do what M.U.M.U
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by thomas4u: 10:54am On Jul 10, 2013
govt should do somtin about d ASUU Strike or tins strange will b happening
Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by bigsam360(m): 10:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
More clips from the protest

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by bigsam360(m): 10:17pm On Jul 10, 2013
bigsam360: More clips from the protest

Re: Students Protest In Lagos Over ASUU/ASUP Strike (photos) by bigsam360(m): 10:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=bigsam360][/quote]

(1) (2) (Reply)

INEC Declares Ayade Winner Of Cross River Governorship Election / Male Suicide Bomber Kills 3 Civilian JTF Members Near Maiduguri / Ikorodu Killings: Nigerians Have Lost Trust In Police- Commissioner Of Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.