Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,258 members, 7,957,632 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:16 PM

All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter (12416 Views)

All Progressive Congress (APC) Launches Radio Station / All Progressive Congress (APC) Registered By INEC / All Progressive Congress (APC) Party: ANPP, CPC, ACN And APGA Finally Merged (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 1:06am On Jul 11, 2013
I think ACN's position on issues like Fiscal federalism, True federalism and State Police is clear and they have always spoken with one voice in that regard

Corruption, I know no single ACN governor or AD governor has ever been arraigned by the EFCC for being corrupt even though its run by the opposition
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:09am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

Show me where the Labour party mentions a short list in its constitution - http://www.labourcounts.com/constitution.htm
This shortlist is an outcome of a closed primaries, sir. And, this selection is localized not centralized.

And, I am sure you know the party has an appeal process. You can appeal!

Who does the selection in ACN? In ACN, flag-bearers are selected at the top. I mean by people with little or no knowledge of local structures
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:10am On Jul 11, 2013
dayokanu: I think ACN's position on issues like Fiscal federalism, True federalism and State Police is clear and they have always spoken with one voice in that regard

Corruption, I know no single ACN governor or AD governor has ever been arraigned by the EFCC for being corrupt even though its run by the opposition

Tinubu
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by plaindealer: 1:11am On Jul 11, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
Tinubu

What was the result?
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:15am On Jul 11, 2013
plaindealer:

What was the result?
The same result we get in PDP governors' trials- A big fat NOTHING
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:21am On Jul 11, 2013
Ola one:
This shortlist is an outcome of a closed primaries, sir. And, this selection is localized not centralized.

And, I am sure you know the party has an appeal process. You can appeal!

Who does the selection in ACN? In ACN, flag-bearers are selected at the top. I mean by people with little or no knowledge of local structures

Why do you keep on going off on new tangents with every post?

Labour used all-women shortlists to select candidates in half of all winnable seats for the 1997 general election, with the aim of reaching 100 women MPs post-election, a goal that was reached.[6] The shortlists provoked controversy, however. In 1996 Labour party branches in Croydon Central, Merthyr Tydfil & Rhymney, Bishop Auckland and Slough all submitted hostile motions criticising the policy.[10]
Concern about such sex discrimination was especially strong in Slough where the local party refused to even cooperate in selecting a candidate after having an AWS imposed.[11] Another concern was that AWS were being used as a device to keep out certain men who might have made trouble for Tony Blair, Prime Minister at the time.[1] Labour leader Tony Blair stated that AWS were "not ideal at all" in 1995.[12]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-women_shortlists

I am not going to let you get away with anymore matter-of-fact statements not backed up with incontrovertible evidence. wink
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:22am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am not going to let you get away with anymore matter-of-fact statements not backed up with incontrovertible evidence. wink
grin grin grin
I will be back wink wink
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 1:23am On Jul 11, 2013
HNosegbe: I was waiting to see any indication of APC's proposed agenda before commenting on this thread.

Unlike most people, I believe Nigeria's biggest problem is neither GEJ/Buhari/Tinubu, nor PDP/APC (or whatever "party" ), nor even corruption, but the warped oil-based patronage network (feeding bottle federalism) that has seen most states in Nigeria reduced to beggars, shamelessly making routine trips to Abuja to share "oyel" money.

Nigeria's entire political system is built on oil-based patronage, and the PDP has done almost nothing tangible to address this very serious structural flaw. When will this madness stop?

Sharing oil money in Abuja has killed off the incentive to innovate, to promote local industry, and to drill the limitless human resources, potentials and capabilities of 170 million Nigerians rather than the ultimately finite "black gold" under the ground.

If the APC can present a clear, compelling narrative, a gameplan and agenda for getting Nigeria out of this mess, then I WILL join the party (despite its faults).

For now though, I remain on the fence.

Absolute class. No one can ask more than this objective level of dispassionate reasoning. The ACN has always insisted on precisely what you have noted as the panacea. They have insisted on fiscal federalism.

Once the centre is stripped of power, cash and effectively pared down to become an enabler and glorified 'regulator', rather than a 'Dinosaur that insist on being involved without the ability to be effective, then the corruption, inefficiency, looting and do-or-die jostle for political office killing Nigeria will be vastly reduced. Healthy and developmental competition will ensue also.

It makes perfect sense. The truth is that , at least with this forum, many Nigerians have now become consumed with emotions, clannishness and sentimental attachment to personalities to the extent real facts and ideas are never allowed to shape opinion and outlook. For example, the message below that should be inspected on its own merit will be bogged down in vituperations over the Tinubu name.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105030499.html

Nigeria: Fiscal Federalism, Panacea for Power Struggle - Tinubu
BY IME AKPAN, 3 MAY 2011
Lagos — The former governor of Lagos State, Bola Tinubu has advocated for practice of fiscal federalism so as to make the centre less attractive as well as lessen the desire get to power by all means.Tinubu who spoke at the presidential wing of the Murtala Muhammed Airport, Lagos yesterday argued that the federal government "is taking too much and that is why there is always the struggle for power at the centre."

"Bring more money to the states; if you are asked to do something for the country, you must give the money and the resources to do it. We have been talking about this true federalism, fiscal federalism for years, we did nothing about it," he said.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:24am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

You know Wikipedia now. Never reliable.
My Profs in the UK hated Wiki. Even though I 'mistakenly' quoted it before cheesy cheesy wink
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:26am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

This is positive discrimination, btw
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:27am On Jul 11, 2013
Btw, even Tony Blair condemned it. And hostile motions were submitted.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 11, 2013
Gbawe:

Absolute class. No one can ask more than this objective level of dispassionate reasoning. The ACN has always insisted on precisely what you have noted as the panacea. They have insisted on fiscal federalism.

Once the centre is stripped of power, cash and effectively pared down to become an enabler and glorified 'regulator', rather than a 'Dinosaur that insist on being involved without the ability to be effective, then the corruption, inefficiency, looting and do-or-die jostle for political office killing Nigeria will be vastly reduced. Healthy and developmental competition will ensue also.

It makes perfect sense. The truth is that , at least with this forum, many Nigerians have now become consumed with emotions, clannishness and sentimental attachment to personalities to the extent real facts and ideas are never allowed to shape opinion and outlook. For example, the message below that should be inspected on its own merit will be bogged down in vituperations over the Tinubu name.

http://allafrica.com/stories/201105030499.html

This is an earlier post of mine on the same subject.

Well, I have been tracking some of the players in the so-called "merger party" in relation to this very issue.

Ado Ekiti – GOVERNOR Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, yesterday said All Progressive Congress, APC, aimed at promoting true federalism with its attendant features of decentralisation and devolution of powers, allowing all parts of the country to feel a sense of belonging and ownership

Source

“To achieve this laudable programme, APC government shall restructure the country, devolve power to the units, with the best practices of federalism and eliminate unintended paralysis of the center.

The 29-page document, which was produced by Chief Audu Ogbeh-led 20-man Manifesto (Logo, Slogan and Motto) Committee, states that the APC vision statement among others is to chart a new course for a better future, while its guiding philosophy is anchored on the point that the task before the current generation is to build on the achievements of our heroes past, and bequeath an enduring legacy for future generations.

Source
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:30am On Jul 11, 2013
I am for APC anyway. I have not even seen anyone in PDP addressing any of Nigeria's fundamental issues.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:31am On Jul 11, 2013
Ola one:
You know Wikipedia now. Never reliable.
My Profs in the UK hated Wiki. Even though I 'mistakenly' quoted it before cheesy cheesy wink

When you quoted Wiki earlier you failed to indicate how it substantiated your view grin
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 1:32am On Jul 11, 2013
Ola one:
This is positive discrimination, btw

I am not sure I understand the point you are making here
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by dayokanu(m): 1:32am On Jul 11, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
Tinubu

Show us evidence that Tinubu was arraigned for corruption
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:35am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla, how come you left this out from the link you posted:

[size=16pt]In December 1995, Peter Jepson and Roger Dyas-Elliott, prevented from standing on Labour shortlists because of their gender, challenged the policy in court.[10] Supported by the Equal Opportunities Commission, they claimed that they had been illegally barred from applying to be considered to represent the party and that the policy contradicted Labour's policy of aiming to promote equality of opportunity. [13] In January 1996 an industrial tribunal found the Labour Party had broken the law, unanimously ruling that all-women shortlists were illegal under the Sex Discrimination Act 1975 in preventing men from entering a profession.[6][14][15]

The 34 candidates who had already been selected by all-women shortlists were not required to seek re-selection, but all 14 unfinished all-women shortlist selections were suspended.[14] Dr Jepson and Mr Dyas-Elliott did not seek compensation for their loss.[14]][/size]
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by plaindealer: 1:36am On Jul 11, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
The same result we get in PDP governors' trials- A big fat NOTHING

You are wrong. The charges was operating foreign bank accounts, but the accounts were dormant and mostly empty.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:38am On Jul 11, 2013
Is it possible for me to challenge Tinubu if my people at the local level hated an imposed candidate
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Olaone1: 1:40am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

I am not sure I understand the point you are making here
I meant this (from the link you posted):

Following the reduction in women MPs after the 2001 general election and increased lobbying by gender equality advocates, Labour introduced the Sex Discrimination (Election Candidates) Act 2002, which allows parties to use positive discrimination in the selection of candidates.[3][17][19] They will remain legalized until the end of 2015, due to the "Sunset Clause".[20]

It became an act of the Labour Party.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 1:54am On Jul 11, 2013
eGuerrilla:

This is an earlier post of mine on the same subject.

Well, I have been tracking some of the players in the so-called "merger party" in relation to this very issue.

Indeed. I have continued to insist that the main intellectual proponents of the APC have, at numerous stages, clearly enunciated their visions and plans to include a push for repositioning our federalism and institutions for efficacy.

It is therefore always amusing to read glib lies about the APC "having no plans" and "not coming out to reveal their agenda for Nigeria" when the reality is that these false utterances are delivered primarily by those who want insincere justification for remaining with the PDP with the hope such half-truths and lies mask their clannish motivation for supporting a Party that has clearly failed Nigeria immensely and deserves no further chances.

The article you provide a link for, as one example, is from February 2013 and I would find it hard to believe no one here has read it or one of the many similarly consistent utterances that reveal the broad thinking of the APC. Talking about Ikimi et al, and not Fayemi and Oshimhole, suits the detractors dedicated to their smoke and mirrors illusions.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/02/apc-aims-at-true-federalism-fayemi/

APC aims at true federalism – Fayemi

on February 18, 2013 / in News 12:08 am / Comments

BY BGENGA ARIYIBI

Ado Ekiti – GOVERNOR Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State, yesterday said All Progressive Congress, APC, aimed at promoting true federalism with its attendant features of decentralisation and devolution of powers, allowing all parts of the country to feel a sense of belonging and ownership.

Fayemi in a statement through his Chief Press Secretary, CPS, Mr. Yinka Oyebode in Ado-Ekiti, assured that APC’s membership would be opened to all progressive Nigerians who were ready to wrestle power from the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, at the centre.

Fayemi, who is also Chairman, APC’s Contact and Mobilis- ation Committee in the South West, said the party would restore the values of federalism and internal democracy in the country.

According to him, APC would not limit its membership drive in the Southwest to political parties in the merger arrangement; instead it would open its doors to other progressive platforms and interest groups outside the merger plan, as well as individuals willing to be part of the new arrangement aimed at rescuing the nation.

The APC (which is a merger of ACN, ANPP, CPC and APGA) would extend its mobilisation drive to socio-political groups in the bid to create a robust platform that would work for the realisation of a better Nigeria.

According to Fayemi, the birth of APC at a time Nigerians earnestly yearned for accountable, responsive and responsible leadership was quite significant.

He said: “Our party will undertake to facilitate radical socio-economic and political transformation of the country. Our programme priorities shall be agricultural development, jobs creation, free education, infrastructural development, poverty eradication and rapid technological development.”

He added that the APC manifesto would highlight strategic short, medium and long term pragmatic initiatives to be undertaken by all governments produced by the party.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 6:40am On Jul 11, 2013
dayokanu:

Show us evidence that Tinubu was arraigned for corruption
That is exactly my point...at the end of day we don't get see any evidence or get a conviction, Either in PDP governors or ACN trials. So we have the same kettle of fish...one under an umbrella the other holding a broom. BTW how much was Tinubu worth before he became a governor..how much is worth now? He is your messiah so let me compare him to mandiba...how much is mandela worth now after steping down as SA president.

1 Like

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by tomakint: 6:57am On Jul 11, 2013
Yoruba-Ah!-Ye!:
That is exactly my point...at the end of day we don't get see any evidence or get a conviction, Either in PDP governors or ACN trials. So we have the same kettle of fish...one under an umbrella the other holding a broom. BTW how much was Tinubu worth before he became a governor..how much is worth now? He is your messiah so let me compare him to mandiba...how much is mandela worth now after steping down as SA president.
That clown you quoted will only reply you with another psychobabble, quit engaging him!
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by PointB: 9:34am On Jul 11, 2013
ShyM-X:
^^^^You should know the ideology from the manifesto.

However, the one I've seen is just so vague and redundant that you can't really tell what their ideology is. undecided

That is what you get when you shamelessly copy from the competition, rather than maintain originality; that is what you get when PDP rejects such as Audu Ogeh, Tom Ikimi et all are party chieftains in 'progressive' APC. When a bunch of opportunist join ranks with fraudsters and schemers, this is what you get!

Nigeria: APC Copied Our Manifesto - PDP
By Henry Umoru, 20 April 2013
NATIONAL Leadership of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP Saturday accused the yet to be registered All Progressive Congress, APC of copying its manifesto, just as it stressed that opposition political parties were in deep slumber.

The PDP also said that it was not in any way afraid of the probe of the activities of its leaders since 1999, but was quick to ask the opposition to "prove its self by taming the regime of corruption in the few states it controls as a demonstration of its fidelity to the anti corruption cause."

In a statement signed yesterday by PDP National Publicity Secretary, Chief Olisa Metuh, the PDP noted that what the APC has put in place as a manifesto was a duplication of its own manifesto.

The PDP however boasted that the opposition APC will wake up eve of 2015 only to discover that the PDP has won the election, adding that it was laughable that "the opposition thinks that victory which only hard work begets will now cheaply be offered them by chance and perhaps, media bombast."
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by splashbaby(m): 11:02am On Jul 11, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I see some people are trying to raise the DEAD here. The last time such miracle was recorded was about 2,000yrs ago when Lazarus was raised from the DEAD. Any chance of that happening again? No chance. APC is DEAD and buried.
Bros! You are very efficient at throwing tantrum..your knack for twisting the truth is also alarming!...If only APC can hire me here on NL to tackle you...you will change your username to foolish9gerian when I'm through with you.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jibsai(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2013
Can I compose a theme song for APC? I'd love too...Ajimobi is working pls don't disTurb...@jibsai on twitter y'all need to hear ma new song dropping soon #Konaje feat. JayRu...Shine* on APC

Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Lusola15: 12:38pm On Jul 11, 2013
I don't belong to any party at d moment but any party which promise to give good and sound road, stable power supply and above all security. A party shows and tell me dt no matter who my father is and where is from will not matter. Dt my religon or tribe will not play againts me in any way. Govern nigeria and anyones interest.
Is d party I will belong.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by RichDad1(m): 4:25pm On Jul 11, 2013
I'm in coolcoolcool
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 14, 2013
splashbaby: Bros! You are very efficient at throwing tantrum..your knack for twisting the truth is also alarming!...If only APC can hire me here on NL to tackle you...you will change your username to foolish9gerian when I'm through with you.
This got me laughing so hard! grin
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jmaine: 12:18pm On Jul 14, 2013
PointB:

That is what you get when you shamelessly copy from the competition, rather than maintain originality; that is what you get when PDP rejects such as Audu Ogeh, Tom Ikimi et all are party chieftains in 'progressive' APC. When a bunch of opportunist join ranks with fraudsters and schemers, this is what you get!

Rofo Rofo things grin
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by Gbawe: 12:35pm On Jul 14, 2013
jmaine:

Rofo Rofo things grin

Stop this nonsense Jmaine. You used to be about intelligence even if you were partisan. Do you think I did not see that submission? I did not respond merely because it is the typical ignorant and unthinking 'parrot repetition' of the clannish elements who, because they cannot be bothered to read and educate themselves, swallow and blindly repeat the lies they are fed .

The PDP is full of immoral politicians and, naturally, immoral followers back such. This is why it is immoral followers who regurgitate the immoral lies told by their immoral leaders without so much as opening one link, in this information age, to verify anything. You and others should read what is written below from the PDP official website.

Now tell the entire forum with a simple yes or no, and please don't run away or give waffling and indirect response, whether the APC manifesto I highlight is a "copy" of the PDP manifesto reproduced below as fraudulent PDP elements assert. Other than the submission related to "true federalism, which is an issue every Party has talked of for eternity, show the forum how the APC manifesto is a copy of the PDP. Others are irredeemable and not much is expected of them because it is accepted they will operate with lies to support their affiliations but you should not be about that. Just a friendly word of advise because the old you who was about using fact to support his utterance is the one distinguished from the many functional illiterates here who operate with lies, half-truth and outright ignorance. To be partisan is not the problem because man will always be partisan. To be willing to embrace lies and deception is the issue. That was something I did not associate with you.

If anything, neutral observers can see that what is written below is non-specific and gratuitous waffle not at all comparable to the manifesto of the APC that is clearly unambiguous, informative and far easier to analyse as a 'forecasting tool' for the electorate.

http://www.peoplesdemocraticparty.net/

OUR MANIFESTO’S GUIDING PRINCIPLES

We of the Peoples Democratic party of Nigeria,

Conscious Of;

Our historic mission to build a modern democratic state founded on Justice, Equity and Fair play.

Realizing the need to;

i. Make fundamental break with past mistakes in order to realize the optimum potentials of the Country;ii.

iii. Build a qualitatively better society based on the principles of democracy, human rights and social justice under the rule of law;

Committed to;

i. Restructuring Nigeria in the spirit of true federalism and responsible tiers of government, so as to achieve a just and equitable society;

ii. Resolving such fundamental issues as proper devolution of powers between the three tiers of government;

Covenant as follows:

1. The Indivisibility of the Nigerian Polity

i. We affirm our belief in the unity of Nigeria under the Federal System of Government. We shall, therefore, continuously promote political tolerance, accommodation and compromise, religious harmony, as well as inter-ethnic and intra-ethnic accommodation and co-operation.

ii. The Party shall also promote geo-political balancing as a fundamental principle of power sharing in the country, in line with the principle of federal character.

iii. The Party shall uphold the principle of power rotation in our polity at all levels.

2. Supremacy of The Constitution

We affirm our belief in the supremacy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the sovereignty of the Nigerian nation and its people. We hereby affirm our commitment to strict observance and enforcement of the provisions. As a political party, we shall conform to the spirit and the letter of the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the constitution of the Peoples Democratic Party.

3. Independence Of The Judiciary and Operation Of The Rule Of Law

We affirm our belief in the supremacy of the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the sovereignty of the Nigerian nation and its people. We hereby affirm our commitment to strict observance and enforcement of the provisions. As a political party, we shall conform to the spirit and the letter of the provisions of the constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria and the constitution of the Peoples Democratic Party.

4. Sanctithy of Human Dignity

We affirm belief in respect of fundamental human rights, as enshrined in the Nigerian Constitution and International Protocols and Conventions. We are against all forms of discrimination on the basis of gender, religion, place of origin, or ethnicity, race, beliefs, etc. The PDP will strive to protect the rights of vulnerable groups in society, including women, children, senior citizens, pyhsically challenged and minorities.

DIRECTIVE PRINCIPLES

We shall remain strongly committed to:

i. Democracy and good governance;

ii. Freedom, human rights and human dignity;

iii. Justice, equity, popular participation, inclusiveness and the rule of law;

iv. Integrity, transparency and accountability in the conduct of public affairs;

v. Sustainable development through the creation of an enabling environment for private sector led economic development.

DIRECTION OF POLICY AND MEASURES

1. Political Objective

The political objective of the Peoples Democratic Party is to:

i. Seek political power for the purpose of pretecting the territorial integrity of Nigeria and promoting the security, safety, welfare, and well-being of all Nigerians.

ii. Promote and establish political stability in Nigeria and foster national unity and integration while safeguarding our culture and our values;

iii. Provide good governance that ensures probity and participatory democracy;

iv. Guarantee human rights and fundamental freedoms of all citizens and persons resident in Nigeria.

v. Promote and nurture democratic ideals and traditions on a sustainable basis;

vi. Provide the political environment that is conducive to economic growth and national development through private initiative and free enterprise;

vii. Offer equal opportunities to hold the highest political, military, bureaucratic and judicial offices in the country to all citizens, and protect, defend and safeguard the interests of all including minorities.

2. Governance

The party shall be committed to:

i. The principle of participatory democracy that lays emphasis on the welfare of our people:

ii. The principles of social justice and the equality of opportunities for all Citizens;

iii. The promotion and defense of the Nigerian Federal System of government;

iv. The principles of accountability and transparency in order to restore confidence in the institutions of government, discipline and leadership by example as basis for public lifeand personal integrity as an important moral value in the conduct of public affairs;

v. Fostering the spirit of oneness among our people by treating all Nigerians fairly and equitably, regardless of their social, political or economic status; and

vi. The preservation of Nigeria as a multi-religious state whilst guaranteeing freedom of religion and good conscience.

3. Economy

At the root of Nigeria’s political and social problems is poverty and low access to economic opportunities. The improvement in the well-being of Nigerians is the ultimate objective of the PDP’s economic policy, and make accessible to every Nigerian the basic needs of life. The focus would be to create a market-based economy driven by small and medium scale businesses and regulated by a reformed public sector.

At the very foundation of the above objective of the party is the pursuit of a strong, virile and diversified economy built to stm rural urban migration through investment in modern agricultural methods. PDP’s economic policy is centered on people and seeks to realize the Millennium Development Goals while aiming to:

i. Develop a middle class driven by small business owners, professional class with access to credit.

ii. Create easy access to transferable property rights in urban and rural areas.

iii. Protect the weak and poor through initiatives that is designed to integrate them in the economy.

iv. Improve investment in physical and social infrastructure.

The PDP aims, altogether, at establishing the leading economy in Africa and one of the 20 leading and largest economies in the World by 2020; an economy that experiences rapid and sustained growth of not less than 10% per annum.

4. The Judiciary And The Administration Of Justice

The Party shall:

i. At all times uphold and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria;

ii. Uphold the principles of separation of powers as enshrined in the Constitution;

iii. Uphold the Independence of the Judiciary;

iv. Ensure the security of lives and property of all Nigerians.
Re: All Progressive Congress (APC) Nairaland Chapter by jmaine: 12:52pm On Jul 14, 2013
Gbawe:

Stop this nonsense Jmaine. You used to be about intelligence even if you were partisan. Do you think I did not see that submission? I did not respond merely because it is typical of the clannish elements who, because they cannot be bothered to read and educate themselves, swallow and repeat the lies they are fed. The PDP is full of immoral politicians and, naturally, immoral followers back such. This is why it is immoral followers who regurgitate the immoral lies told by their immoral leaders without so much as opening one link, in this information age, to verify anything. You and others should read what is written below from the PDP official website.

Now tell the entire forum with a simple yes or no, and please don't run away or give waffling and indirect response, whether the APC manifesto I highlight is a "copy" of that of the PDP reproduced below as fraudulent PDP elements assert. Other than the submission related to "true federalism, which is an issue every Party has talked of for eternity, show the forum how the APC manifesto is a copy of the PDP. Others are irredeemable and not much is expected of them because it is accepted they will operate with lies to support their affiliations but you should not be about that. Just a friendly word of advise because the old you who was about using fact to support his utterance is the one distinguished from the many functional illiterates here who operate with lies, half-truth and outright ignorance. To be partisan is not the problem because man will always be partisan. To be willing to embrace lies and deception is the issue. That was something I did not associate with you.

http://www.peoplesdemocraticparty.net/

Gbawe, i kindly suggest you seek the meaning of the slang "Rofo Rofo" and withdraw your needless personal attack.

Using me as a proxy to Attack PointB doesn't make sense cos all i did was laugh at the pit fighting/ accusation / counter accusation with respect to both parties.

If i wanted to get fully involved in the thread, trust me, i would have been aggressively active. Well there is really no need for that now till further notice . .

Again Gbawe, check the meaning of the slang "Rofo Rofo" . . .

Thanks . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Sokoto: Wamakko Set To Receive 4 Serving PDP Commissioners To APC / Mohammed Bello Faults IPPIS, Alleges Overpayment By Accountant-General / Fuel Subsidy: Nigeria Will Pay A Price, Borrowings May Continue – Femi Adesina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.