Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,086 members, 7,814,774 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - (47630 Views)

Sunday Oliseh At Bayern Munich Stadium ( Allianz Arena) / Stephen Keshi Return Again To Lead Nigeria In Remaining Afcon Qualifiers. / Stephen Keshi Resigns As Eagles Coach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 10:33am On Jul 10, 2013
mbhs139: The point is you don't go to a mini-world cup to test new players. If you agree with that, then you agree with Oliseh. I don't know what those criticizing Oliseh has against him?

Confederation's cup is no mini world cup, FIFA only blew it bigger, used to be King Fhad's cup before it was taken over by FIFA, and pls the world cup qualifiers were more important for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 10:40am On Jul 10, 2013
vislabraye: Keshi is taking it a bit personal. I listened to Oliseh's commentary during the confed and afcon cup. During afcon cup when Nigeria struggled during the group stage, Oliseh still believed in the team.
But during d confed, I expected Keshi to have consolidated on his success. I felt he should have brought in a few experienced professionals to boost thE teAm. What happened to the likes of Anichebe? Or Martins of the Uche brothers?
I believed the selection could have been better. But that's not 2 say day Keshi is not a fantastic coach.
Did you watch Martins against Kenya im March? Do you know his present club? Do you know that Kalu Uche was invited and he opted out? Did you watch Ike Uche in Afcon? Do you know that Anichebe is not prolifc and can't solve our goal scoring problems?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 10:44am On Jul 10, 2013
Lordave: If Keshi is to heed to Oliseh's advice, their would be a greater chance for the S.E to excel in Brazil next year. But if he's to listen to you guys criticizing Oliseh, he'd regret it cuz what happened at the confederations cup would be too little to compare with what's going to happene in Brazil.
can you tell us what exactly Oliseh's advice is? Who are the top players Keshi didn't invite? Take a look at the top leagues in Europe and name the Nigerian players doing well in them. You guys should acknowledge how difficult Keshi's work is at the moment. It's not as if Keshi has a pool of top players everywhere to select from. Let's be realistic! Check out the champions league last season from the knock out stages, how many Nigerian players could you count?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 10:51am On Jul 10, 2013
The only thing good about this Oliseh's article is his use of English, that's what is deceiving many people, that's what our politicians use in deceiving us too. Every single point Oliseh made can be picked apart, some are blatant lies. How could he say our league was on fire in the 90's, yet no continental title to ahow for it. Our clubs couldn't even make it to the group stages of continental competitions then.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 10:56am On Jul 10, 2013
Longeria: For God's sake which top class player Keshi didn't invite. Answer me or sharaaaaaaaaaap.
Bros they'll never answer, they keep going round and round in circles. Top players indeed. Where were they in the Champions league where top players meet? How many world cups did we win using the so called top players?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 11:08am On Jul 10, 2013
collynzo2: The only thing good about this Oliseh's article is his use of English, that's what is deceiving many people, that's what our politicians use in deceiving us too. Every single point Oliseh made can be picked apart, some are blatant lies. How could he say our league was on fire in the 90's, yet no continental title to ahow for it. Our clubs couldn't even make it to the group stages of continental competitions then.

God will bless you very much my brother, i thought i was the only one who had this view,Oliseh's use of English has deceived even so called Journalists and Analysts, what a pity! Nigeria's league has not been that good for a very long time, if the league was that good in the 90s according to the Gospel of Oliseh, why did he go abroad? sheer hypocrisy.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 11:17am On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.
Bleep off
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by simcare: 11:19am On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh made an honest observation on the inclusion of 8 home based players in a team that is going to face champions of continents and champions of the world.Home based players need a good enviroment of experienced foreign professionals to do well competitions like confederations cup and world cup. The foreign based players like Babatunda, Ujah, Fegor Ogunde, Oguh have no business in super Eagles just as home based players like Gambo mohammed.
Keshi should desists from taking good natured criticism with a pinch of salt if he really want to succeed.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Kog45(m): 11:26am On Jul 10, 2013
Iam seeing Oliseh taking over super eagle and Mikel Obi on super sport critizising Oliseh tactics.And we nairalanders taking sides.Keshi should just take it cool and continue doing his work.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 11:31am On Jul 10, 2013
simcare: Oliseh made an honest observation on the inclusion of 8 home based players in a team that is going to face champions of continents and champions of the world.Home based players need a good enviroment of experienced foreign professionals to do well competitions like confederations cup and world cup. The foreign based players like Babatunda, Ujah, Fegor Ogunde, Oguh have no business in super Eagles just as home based players like Gambo mohammed.
Keshi should desists from taking good natured criticism with a pinch of salt if he really want to succeed.

Please if may ask sir, just like others on this forum have also been asking, who are this so called experienced foreign professionals that Keshi left out, can we please for christ's sake stop being deceived by Oliseh's grammar? Experienced professionals are those who have won laurels both for country and club. That's why Diego Forlan [as old as he his] is still in the Uruguay National team, including the likes of Buffon and Pirlo for the azzuris of Italy, do we have experienced professionals like these guys now? enough of the deceit plsssssss?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dfav: 11:45am On Jul 10, 2013
why is that the average Nigeria n man sees constructive criticism as a witch hurt. from pastors to Iman to politicians now to coaches. ...

why... it wasn't only olise that did that analysis even kuffour and d south Africa guys all said same.

keshi is a genius and should take constructive criticism as one of the ladders to remain on top for a longer time.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2013
undisputednesta: u b akamu.in short u dull no b small. If u dnt like him as playa, dat does not mean all 9gerians feels d same. So agbaya, spik 4 ursef or e beta mak u park well. All he's sayin is keshi tho a great coach shld welcom contructive criticism wich is a view 4rm analysts.
le. By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world

Please should Coach Keshi listen to this as constructive criticism.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by collynzo2(m): 11:52am On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:
le. By gradually trying to wage a war against these players who ply their trade week in week out at the highest level leagues in the world

Please should Coach Keshi listen to this as constructive criticism.
Criticisms of someone who has an ulterior motive. Constructive crticism comes with truth not lies. There you have your answer.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 11:57am On Jul 10, 2013
disneyemmy: d major problem we nigerians have is d fact that we always fail to understand ourselves. Wot is wrong in oliseh advising keshi on how to improve the s.E team. We all know dat d team underperformed at d conf.cup. 4 crying out loud, we are a football nation, we shud av outshined uruguay if things were right. Dere r stuborn and saucy players in d spain nat. Team.bt d coach will nt let ds players go cos he wnt 2 achiue result 4 himself nd 4 d country. 4 keshi to be d c oach of d team dosn't mean he knws all. Let!s swallow our pride and work togeda 2 raise d name of dscountry.

What is wrong is telling the coach to call the players ppaying in the top leagues week in week out. Abi na Rooney, Aguero, Cavani, Messi or CR7, Coach Keshi should call. Constructive bu.llSh1t.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by dabossman(m): 11:58am On Jul 10, 2013
I think what Oliseh and a lot of my countrymen fail to realize is that the quality of our so-called foreign based pros has also fallen, and it is still due to the poor quality of our league(which for me is the only real point Oliseh made). How good are the players we have exported to Europe in the last 10 years? How consistent have they been?

Even in Africa our players have failed to win the African Footballer of the Year. Many times they even failed to make the final 3. We can cry all we want that is is Hayatou that is scheming us out, but the same Hayatou was there when Yekini, Amunike, Ikpeba and Kanu won the award. We are not producing quality players any more period. Let's stop over-hyping our average players.

These are the top 15 teams according to http://www.clubworldranking.com/

1. Bayern München
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. Atlético Madrid
6. Manchester United
7. Borussia Dortmund
8. Benfica
9. Juventus
10. Málaga
11. PSG
12. Arsenal
13. Valencia
14. Tottenham Hotspur
15. Grêmio

Only two Nigerians play for any of these clubs - Mikel and Moses (Chelsea). Another list of rankings include Milan, PSG, Porto, Ajax, Shaktar Donetsk and Udinese; all clubs that have had no Nigerian player shining there that I can remember in the last 5 years.

Compare this to the 90's and early 2000's when we had the likes of Amunike(Barcelona & Porto), Oliseh(Ajax & Dortmund), Babayaro(Chelsea), Okocha(PSG), Kanu(Inter & Arsenal), Taribo(Milan & Inter), Aghahowa(Shaktar), Obodo(Udinese)

For over a decade now we have been looking for the next Yekini, Oliseh, Okocha etc without success. Many have shown promise only to fade away after the initial gra gra. The team that played at the Confed was largely foreign based, not homebased. Keshi has tried so far with the quality of players he has used. Give him some credit.

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Goke7: 12:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
dabossman: I think what Oliseh and a lot of my countrymen fail to realize is that the quality of our so-called foreign based pros has also fallen, and it is still due to the poor quality of our league(which for me is the only real point Oliseh made). How good are the players we have exported to Europe in the last 10 years? How consistent have they been?

Even in Africa our players have failed to win the African Footballer of the Year. Many times they even failed to make the final 3. We can cry all we want that is is Hayatou that is scheming us out, but the same Hayatou was there when Yekini, Amunike, Ikpeba and Kanu won the award. We are not producing quality players any more period. Let's stop over-hyping our average players.

These are the top 15 teams according to http://www.clubworldranking.com/

1. Bayern München
2. Barcelona
3. Real Madrid
4. Chelsea
5. Atlético Madrid
6. Manchester United
7. Borussia Dortmund
8. Benfica
9. Juventus
10. Málaga
11. PSG
12. Arsenal
13. Valencia
14. Tottenham Hotspur
15. Grêmio

Only two Nigerians play for any of these clubs - Mikel and Moses (Chelsea). Another list of rankings include Milan, PSG, Porto, Ajax, Shaktar Donetsk and Udinese; all clubs that have had no Nigerian player shining there that I can remember in the last 5 years.

Compare this to the 90's and early 2000's when we had the likes of Amunike(Barcelona & Porto), Oliseh(Ajax & Dortmund), Babayaro(Chelsea), Okocha(PSG), Kanu(Inter & Arsenal), Taribo(Milan & Inter), Aghahowa(Shaktar), Obodo(Udinese)

For over a decade now we have been looking for the next Yekini, Oliseh, Okocha etc without success. Many have shown promise only to fade away after the initial gra gra. The team that played at the Confed was largely foreign based, not homebased. Keshi has tried so far with the quality of players he has used. Give him some credit.

Thank you very much Sir for defining top quality and experienced professional players, i hope this will help so many people on this forum and even the mouth running oliseh!

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:08pm On Jul 10, 2013
McLuhan: Oliseh's arguments, let's be frank, are quite logical and germane. That Keshi should find this advice annoying is, I suspect, another demonstration of the typical Nigerian's preference for sycophancy while repudiating any form of criticism, no matter how benign. Humility is the truest sign of good leadership and where it is lacking there can be no lasting success. What a circumspect coach would have done is to sift through the advice, even if offered with malice, so as to select the wheat and throw away the chaff, if any. But I think it smacks of unwisdom to deliberately antagonise someone who, let's face it, speaks so coherently and from such a wealth of experience. Next time, the advice may not be so forthcoming from him or from others. As the Bible says, "in the abundance of counsellors there is safety" (Proverbs 11:14).

A good command of English doesn't make stale points logical. What were the true points Mr. Oliseh made? Coach Keshi should call players from the top leagues? The NPL has lost its glory so there are no hidden gem?

For me those are illogical. Mikel has only blossomed under Coach Keshi since 2005. Coach Keshi was the only one that had the guts to try Mikel as a CAM. Coach Keshi is the only one that believed in players like Omeruo and Oboabona.

If Oliseh has pointed out grms Keshi has missed both locally and internationally, it would have made sense.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:12pm On Jul 10, 2013
Boneda: some people are just blindly supportin keshi, did keshi win d nations cup in 94 as a home based player. Majority of d players dat won d 94 afcon were still d ones dat did well in dat yr's WC. He's busy selling the home based players to europe all in d name of rebuilding. Was westerhof rebuilding when he won d afcon

Westerhof never stopped building. He kept on inviting players to the camp to make sure that he always had the best players. That was how players like Oliseh, Okocha, Amuneke, Ikpeba and many more were called up even though we had a top class team already.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by everinlove(m): 12:19pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh has a point.Keshi should strengthen the team with more experience pros, like Osaze Odewingie, and the likes. Osaze is one player that has always played his heart out whenever he is playing for Nigeria. How could he has included Eight home base in a Confederation Cup Tournament, and 4 of them were on the bench throughout, without touching the ball at all, and you are telling me here that he is building a team.

Whenever someone fails, you try to find out the reason and say it rather covering up cos he is your favorite.Since three of our major players- Emenike, Onanzi and Moses were injured, and for such a competitive tournament, one would have expected Keshi to invite Osaze and the likes, and I'm sure they would have done better than those home base player.

You don't say because you have a personal problem with a player and you will sideline him forever. Like Oliseh rightly said, the interest of the Nation should supersede personal interest in this matter. Mikel was one of the very few players that stood out in the just concluded tournament because he is good and experienced.If Osaze and the likes were in that team, Nigeria would have done far better.

That u are saying that some of these players may be stubborn or have personal problem with them, is not enough reason to sideline them at the detriment of the Nation's football. A good coach should be able to manage players, and get the best out of them, putting hatred, sentiment and personal interest aside.

Keshi is a good coach, there is no doubt about that, but he should learn to manage players, look at the nature of each competition and select rightly.

That we were lucky to have won the AFCON tournament does not mean that our team was that superb. This is why we must not close the door against some of those players. You can see the Brazilian Team, that just won the Confederation Cup. Look at that team, even when David Luiz got injured againt Italy, Dante came from the bench and made the difference, and this is a player that hold a first team shirt in Munich.Both are good Euro based players. If you must use Euro based player, why not call the best, rather than going for Akpala and the likes. Aside Mikel, Osaze is one of the best Euro based players Nigeria has as at today.

When we are criticized constructively, we should not take it as an offense, but rather sit down and think on how we will improve as leaders and managers.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by ddeola: 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
Well it's ok you clarified things. The main thing is that Nigerians want to see a Super Eagles that will beat any team in the world whether the players play in Togo league or Zimbabwean league is not the issue, we want players that will deliver and not the ones that will break d heart of Nigerians. And we should leave football management in Nigeria to professionals and not politicians, even Larry Izamoje don shout tire
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:20pm On Jul 10, 2013
mbhs139: The point is you don't go to a mini-world cup to test new players. If you agree with that, then you agree with Oliseh. I don't know what those criticizing Oliseh has against him?

Coach Keshi should go there to test Martins, Osaze, Yobo and Yakubu who have failed us for years. Very soon, you guys will witness the result of Coach Keshi fielding Sambo in such a game. That was a priceless learning point for that lad.

Martinez, Manager of Wigan just signed Kone. Even Anichebe can't guarantee regular playing time.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Artlove(m): 12:21pm On Jul 10, 2013
D best coach is how to hold book like dis. Talkative without book is too much grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by Nobody: 12:27pm On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Westerhof never stopped building. He kept on inviting players to the camp to make sure that he always had the best players. That was how players like Oliseh, Okocha, Amuneke, Ikpeba and many more were called up even though we had a top class team already.
westerhof was inviting to camp while keshi is inviting to tournaments so dat he can sell them. Of all the home based players he's been inviting only oboabona and mba to some extent are quality players. Tell me what those nollywood actors emeka eze and benjamin francis were doing in d confed cup

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by vanhelsing2099(m): 12:34pm On Jul 10, 2013
ayusco: Hmmm I have gone through both keshi n oliseh post being proud men full of ego so its no suprise they would clash that said I'm mostly with keshi on this.
Oliseh said during the 90s the league was on fire which is not true as the pitches, administration, level of play etc was just as poor if not worse than the current situation.
He also said keshi has not had a steady first xi since the AFCON again not true barring two or three players missing due to injury this has been the same set of players who played through the afcon, WC Qualifiers to the confed cup. And pray tell who r d major players that keshi did not take that would have improved our performance in Brazil? Is it calamity yobo or osaze n his twitter rants?
Then he said clubs not NT make players abeg who was onazi b4 the afcon dude wasn't even a first team player now he's an absolute beast of a player. Mikel that was lethargic at best now bossing midfield against world class opponents n more like that.
Plus the way all of them r shouting home based home based you wouldn't know he also called unknown players from abroad omeruo, ogu, onazi, dike etc
Lastly all this hue n cry about our confed performance is over the top cmon this is the confed we are talking about a glorified friendly tournament. I rather we make our mistakes learn from it then come smoking hot for the 2014 WC Cameroon got to the final of the confed cup some years back does anyone remember? Exactly my point Brazil tht has won the last three confeds failed at the last two WC which cup do u think Brazilian fans would have preferred? Keshi has his failings but he hhas never fielded a player just to massage his ego any player he picks he believes can do a job for the team this approach won us the afcon after years of drought with the same players some people r clamouring to come back. By the way no be oliseh lose ball wey 10 man Italy use score against us in usa 94? Its very easy to criticise to look good

Guy stop saying rubbish! *as @late 80's/90's nigeria league d best(julius berger,bendel insurance,leventis,stationary store etc) many fans troop in 2 watch football match(challenge-cup) nw d league is no-where 2b found...y is deir no premier-league club in lagos =bcus d league is nt fruitful...

2) Onazi is already a world class player 4 lazio b4 d cAf nations cup..playin europa league nt a bean

3)Keshi is a bit agent. Callin players frm russia/isreal...

4) It a good tin dat we re using our home-based p... Bt we need d best...

Look dat gambo miss,

Letme rest ma case here!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Boneda: westerhof was inviting to camp while keshi is inviting to tournaments so dat he can sell them. Of all the home based players he's been inviting only oboabona and mba to some extent are quality players. Tell me what those nollywood actors emeka eze and benjamin francis were doing in d confed cup

Let me paint a clearer picture. Martins was worse than Sambo in the qualifiers against Kenya. Ike Uche was worse than Sambo at the AFCON. So why should Coach Keshi waste his time on them. Please Coach Keshi has gotten Mikel, Musa, Echiejile, Omeruo, Oboabona and Mba playing as top professionals. Give him time and he will turn Sambo into a World class hitman Nigeria craves.

1 Like

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by delors(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2013
Dee60: In football, you should expect criticism and Keshi should know that. It is all about tactics and sometimes you dont get it. Big Bro, learn from Mourinho. When things go wrong he accepts the blame, smile and promise never to have a repeat. Our performance at CONFED was abysmally poor.

We have to warm up to experienced players. We should not allow ego to blind us. Mourinho and Ronaldo were not in the best of terms last season, but they both managed to get on professionally. I really do not understand why players in top leagues are shut out of the eagles!

We were defeating minions at regional level and we thought we could play against Spain as we played against Togo!
If osaze did what he did to Keshi to Mourinho, he would never play professional soccer again. How well did Mou manage his relationship with Casillas and Ramons? Besides, who were the foreign based players to have been selected? Who? List them make we hear...

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:38pm On Jul 10, 2013
Torres dribbled keeper and missed open net. Tevez missed open nets while playing for Man Utd and Man City. That doesn't mean they are not good strikers. I admire Keshi's guts and perseverance. He believes he can make something out of Sambo. Let us give him time.
van-helsing2099:

Guy stop saying rubbish! *as @late 80's/90's nigeria league d best(julius berger,bendel insurance,leventis,stationary store etc) many fans troop in 2 watch football match(challenge-cup) nw d league is no-where 2b found...y is deir no premier-league club in lagos =bcus d league is nt fruitful...

2) Onazi is already a world class player 4 lazio b4 d cAf nations cup..playin europa league nt a bean

3)Keshi is a bit agent. Callin players frm russia/isreal...

4) It a good tin dat we re using our home-based p... Bt we need d best...

Look dat gambo miss,

Letme rest ma case here!
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:41pm On Jul 10, 2013
delors:
If osaze did what he did to Keshi to Mourinho, he would never play professional soccer again. How well did Mou manage his relationship with Casillas and Ramons? Besides, who were the foreign based players to have been selected? Who? List them make we hear...

At Inter, Mourinho dropped Balotelli, Adriano and Quaresma when they started miss behaving.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by NOIBMUUL(m): 12:42pm On Jul 10, 2013
edoyad: Sunday(kpomo lips) Oliseh, please be quiet already. Keshi has contributed more to Nigerian football than you could ever do even if you lived to be two hundred years old. I didn't like your personality much as a player and many Nigerians feel that way too.

Seun, please where can I 'UNLIKE' this post?
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by thegoodjoehunt(m): 12:44pm On Jul 10, 2013
NOIBMUUL:

Seun, please where can I 'UNLIKE' this post?

Dislike you mean.
Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by ow11(m): 12:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
thegoodjoehunt:

Exactly!

After AFCON 1994, Westerhoff dropped Ugbade (against popular demand), Semitoje and Fuludu and invited clubless Nwanu and Ezeugo. You can never stop building. Italy stopped building after 2006 world cup and failed to get out of their group in 2010!

Spain won the Euros in 2008 with Senna as DM and 2012 with Busquets as DM. Abeg people should leave Keshi alone, If Gambo had torn the Spanish net now all their mouth for quiet!

Oliseh has still not mentioned the names he wants to play for the SE. European football is a lot faster than it was in the 90s and so it was easier for them to leave Nigeria and walk into the first team in Belgium.

With the super athletes these clubs are training at youth level, unless something happens to youth development in our country, we would continue to breed players for Ukrainian and Russian leagues and fail badly even with overaged players at youth tournaments.

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Oliseh Replies Stephen Keshi! - by amaechijay: 1:15pm On Jul 10, 2013
Oliseh is SOUND.

This is what we call constructive criticism.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Kanu Nwankwo, Okocha & President Vladimir Putin Pose With Football Legends / Neymar Among Five Players Sent Off After Mass Brawl Following Psg's Defeat / Keshi & Crew, Players, Or NFF: Who Is To Blame For Poor Eagles Performance?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.