Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,974 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:51 PM

GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister (21086 Views)

President Buhari Will Be To China By Next Week Monday To Sign A $3.5bn Loan / Jacob Zuma Received In Nigeria By Atiku / See How Buhari Was Received In Sudan On His Way To Nigeria From India(photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Omen100(m): 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope: All of you who made all these responses are ignoramus! Very sad the quality of people posting on Nairaland!

1. Obama was received at the Airport in South Africa by a Minister

2. Obama was received at the Airport in Germany by a Minister

3. Jacob Zuma was received at the Airport in China by the Chinese Ambassador to South Africa

We can go on and on and on! In fact, it is against tradition in most democracies for presidents to receive other presidents at the airport. Presidents receive other presidents in the government house.

Most of you amaze with your unintelligent posts!

@thelastpope, your job would have become more difficult & tough for you to handle, I feel your pains grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by visalo: 2:49pm On Jul 10, 2013
elampiro:

A South African minister received the president of America, and a Chinese assistant minister received president of Nigeria. I see no difference.

If people think it is degrading, I think the Obama case is even more degrading because America is far bigger than South Africa while Nigerian economy is far less than the Chinese.

May be we Nigerians like to make issues out of nothing and thereby further belittling our president.

Save your energy from replying this this ignoramus.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
[quote author=idupaul]

You have still not told us why GEJ was received by the Airport Comptroller and why CCTV didn't deem it fit to headline the arrival of the president of Africas most populous nation[/q

Your Mumuness don get Ph.d
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by iykofias(m): 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: Babangida staged welcoming ceremonies at State House Marina (the dignitary would be received at the airport by the foreign minister or the Chief of General Staff).

The Queen often holds welcoming ceremonies at Victoria Station or Buckingham Palace.
nobody is saying d ceremony should b held at d airport nor should d president of d host national b receiving d visitin president at d airport. D issue is d position n rank of d official receiving GEJ and his team,ds is d sheer height of legitimate insult. But I'm sure GEJ dnt care provided he gets his hands on d 3billion bills.
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by taharqa2: 2:50pm On Jul 10, 2013
naptu2: Babangida staged welcoming ceremonies at State House Marina (the dignitary would be received at the airport by the foreign minister or the Chief of General Staff).

The Queen often holds welcoming ceremonies at Victoria Station or Buckingham Palace.
And that is still d Tradition today in Nigeria, as it is in Most other parts of d world. Though IGNORAMUSES cannot just undastad simple Presidential Protocol.... Even President Jonathan Almost NEVER receives any President himself at d Airport, even if you were Obama. He sends a Minister to receive you, and have you driven to d Steps of Aso Rock where he wud then formally receive the guest himself with all d usual Protocols (inspectn of Guards, Gun salutes, etc). That is just how it is usuali done; BUT peeps who hv Never heard of d word 'Protocol', talkless of 'Presidential Protocol', wud not mind Foooling themselves in PUBLIC

2 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by thelastPope(m): 2:51pm On Jul 10, 2013
ilugunboy:

*rolls off from my seat* and splashed coffee on my white shirt.... grin cheesy grin

There is nothing funny there. It is the raw display of tribalism and biggoted bitterness. It only exposes the mindset of the one who posted it. Profiling and denigrating people based on their tribes, origin or villages is so pathetic! It is only for the stone age and I am not surprised someone like him posted that. Another statement made of utmost pettiness!

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pataki:

When a country sends a mere Junior Minister to receive the President of a nation, that is utter shame!

[size=14pt]President Obama was received in South Africa by the Minister of International Relations and Cooperation. That is: A high ranking senior official in the cabinet of SA government. Not just any Junior Minister. [/size]

A beggar like Jonathan surely has no shame. Foolish man.

A begger who is your president surely say much about your person...Mumu

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by thelastPope(m): 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
Omen100:

@thelastpope, your job would have become more difficult & tough for you to handle, I feel your pains grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

What exactly are you on about? Is that your best shot? angry
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by awodman: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
You guys can rant all you like but the fact remains no president recieves another at the airport...even GEJ has not come personaly to the airport to welcome a visiting president..

The chinese president formally welcomed GEJ @ a ceremony held today @ the Great hall of China

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 10, 2013
taharqa2: And that is still d Tradition today in Nigeria, as in Most other parts of d world. Though IGNORAMUSES cannot just undastad simple Presidential Protocol.... Even President Jonathan Almost NEVER receive any President himself at d Airport, even if you were Obama. He sends a Minister to receive you, and drive you to d Steps of Aso Rock where he wud then formally receive me with all d usual Protocols (inspectn of Guards, Gun salutes, etc). That is just how it is usuali done; BUT peeps who hv Never heard of d word 'Protocol', talkless of 'Presidential Protocol', wud not mind Foooling themselves in PUBLIC

This your turechi na dieeee..!!!! cheesy grin cheesy

Your bombs will be useful at the RSHA by Bibi and his gang of bandits and outlaws....
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by stonemind(f): 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
wola44: The President of Nigeria is received at the airport in Beijing by the Chinese junior Minister for Foreign Affairs. Pity. Nigeria has fallen. Shame
where is your sOURCE? you'r a foo1
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by visalo: 2:54pm On Jul 10, 2013
No amount of APC ranting and baseless propaganda with their ignoramus supporters can pull dowm our great presido...Who God has lift higher, no man can bring him down. Kudos to our president GEJ
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by atlwireles: 2:55pm On Jul 10, 2013
taharqa2: And that is still d Tradition today in Nigeria, as in Most other parts of d world. Though IGNORAMUSES cannot just undastad simple Presidential Protocol.... Even President Jonathan Almost NEVER receive any President himself at d Airport, even if you were Obama. He sends a Minister to receive you, and drive you to d Steps of Aso Rock where he wud then formally receive me with all d usual Protocols (inspectn of Guards, Gun salutes, etc). That is just how it is usuali done; BUT peeps who hv Never heard of d word 'Protocol', talkless of 'Presidential Protocol', wud not mind Foooling themselves in PUBLIC

Most of them simply don't know. I wish they, just admit this fact and stop making pounded yam of themselves. They never worked or lived in a place where the word protocol ever came up.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

There is nothing funny there. It is the raw display of tribalism and biggoted bitterness. It only exposes the mindset of the one who posted it. Profiling and denigrating people based on their tribes, origin or villages is so pathetic! It is only for the stone age and I am not surprised someone like him posted that. Another statement made of utmost pettiness!

The bold is strictly your opinion...so why do you think i give a flying fvck over that. undecided
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by jmaine: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

What exactly are you on about? Is that your best shot? >sad

Sadly it is . . .The dumbos are on rampage and quarantining all foolishness like your doing is the best way to go . . .
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by ITbomb(m): 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
midpoint: http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/index.php/international/58814-jonathan-arrives-china-meets-xi-jinping-today

President Goodluck Jonathan and his delegation arrived Beijing, China yesterday to start a five-day state visit that will feature discussions on stronger economic cooperation and higher Chinese investment in Nigeria with top Chinese leaders led by President Xi Jinping.

Jonathan and his team including his wife Dame Patience Jonathan were received by China’s Assistant Foreign Minister Le Yucheng and Nigeria’s Ambassador to China Aminu Wali at the Beijing International Airport at about at about 17.30hours (China time) yesterday. He will be formally welcomed today by President Xi Jinping at a grand ceremony scheduled to hold at the Great Hall of the People.
They will then hold bilateral talks and sign new agreements and memoranda of understanding including agreements on defence cooperation, economic and technical cooperation, finance for the Zungeru Power Plant and airport terminals and mutual visa exemption for holders of diplomatic and official passports. The Chinese president will later host his Nigerian counterpart and his wife to a state banquet at the end of the signing ceremonies.
The Nigerian president is also expected to sign off on $3 billion in Chinese loans to build infrastructure. The agreed loans according to Finance Minister Ngozi Okonjo Iweala will come from the Chinese government and will be based on interest rates of less than three percent over a 15-20 year period.
Father in heaven I pray may ACN/APC blindness be cured IJN Amen.
How could they not see this as well?

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Pataki: 2:57pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

Zip it. Otueke is a village not a city. There is nothing that smacks of tribalism or bigoted bitterness in my comment. Even in developed countries in Europe, there are 'villages' here and there with schools therein. I really don't blame you though, when all you know and breath is from the Otueke village school.
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by thelastPope(m): 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
ilugunboy:

The bold is strictly your opinion...so why do you think i give a flying fvck over that. undecided

Who cares about your opinion. I will expose and lay you lot bare. Datzall!

9 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by naptu2: 2:58pm On Jul 10, 2013
About 45 minutes ago at The Great Hall of The People.

1) The Nigerian and Chinese presidents inspect the guard of honour.

2) The Nigerian and Chinese presidents receive the national salute.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by playmode(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2013

[size=15pt]Nigerians have suffered![/size]

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by InvertedHammer: 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope: All of you who made all these responses are ignoramus! Very sad the quality of people posting on Nairaland!

1. Obama was received at the Airport in South Africa by a Minister

2. Obama was received at the Airport in Germany by a Minister

3. Jacob Zuma was received at the Airport in China by the Chinese Ambassador to South Africa

We can go on and on and on! In fact, it is against tradition in most democracies for presidents to receive other presidents at the airport. Presidents receive other presidents in the government house.

Most of you amaze with your unintelligent posts!

But not by a Junior Minister. If you understand the importance of hierarchy in Chinese culture, you will "appreciate" the slight undertone in GEJ reception.

It is a very big insult, to say the least

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by visalo: 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
wola44: GEJ was taking to Guest house ( Hotel ) from Airport not President palace, What a shame.

ASUU strike
ASUP strike

13 ministers and 5 governors on board and u guys see not thing wrong.

This is a big shame to GEJ.

Replying you will be a waste of time. I know your type will stand to learn nothing, even if they teach you from now till next year. Just go on and expose your ignorance
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Okeikpu(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2013
Una don dey talk now lyke say Jonathan level reach dat Chinese jnr minister sad
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by thelastPope(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pataki:

Zip it. Otueke is a village not a city. There is nothing that smacks of tribalism or bigoted bitterness in my comment. Even in developed countries in Europe, there are 'villages' here and there with schools therein. I really don't blame you though, when all you know and breath is from the Otueke village school.

You are a bigot! Datzall! You are also a hypocrite!
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by enm(m): 3:01pm On Jul 10, 2013
please can someone sane here, remind us the purpose of the visit? is it to be accorded a grand welcome by the chinese president and people ? or to source for cheap fund that will be put into use in the development of our infrastructure.

4 Likes

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Nobody: 3:02pm On Jul 10, 2013
thelastPope:

Who cares about your opinion. I will expose and lay you lot bare. Datzall!

grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy Your body dey hot....Bubbling GEJ is not making your job easy.

You want to expose? Expose nah! What is stopping you?.
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by Capnd143(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
some nairalanders are just pure fools. Sorry big foools. So you mad men have nt seen the part in the order of events that says that Gej is going to be received officially in the great peoples of china? Or failed to see the part that includes a presidential banquet? You bunch of ignoramus! When obama visited SA who received him? Shebi na zuma? Na mumu una be . . . In the words of Yuzedo "I Give up" on nairalanders ignorance

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by thelastPope(m): 3:03pm On Jul 10, 2013
InvertedHammer:

But not by a Junior Minister. If you understand the importance of hierarchy in Chinese culture, you will "appreciate" the slight undertone in GEJ reception.

It is a very big insult, to say the least

You have no clue what you are talking about. Go back and read more comments. For the records, the chinese government can never, i repeat, can never belittle the Nigerian President. We are about their biggest trade partners in Africa. Most of you are just students and jobless youths. You need some real education.

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by taharqa2: 3:04pm On Jul 10, 2013
Pataki:

So in your view, President Obama went to South Africa to be begging for their money? GEJ was received by an assistant to the Foreign Affairs Minister. That is like a governor sending one of his commissioners to receive the president and the commissioner sending his personal assistant.
No, MUMU-ish. Assistant Foreign Minister is d Equivalent of our own Minister of State here ie d Deputy. He is not a ' Personal Assitant' like you are fooolishly insinuating here.... Okpee, your PROPAGANDA wudn't fly here. And, Piece of Advice: Go and do smtin about yr Emotional Health b4 FRUSTRATION finish you and you die like d LOSER that you are..

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by 50calibre(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
Nigeria is fast becoming a pariah, a country no one wants to relate with.

Even the president of Iran would have gotten a better reception

1 Like

Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by GraphicsPlus(m): 3:05pm On Jul 10, 2013
I just see bunch of useless comments here. Who among you will even be respected in Ghana? I don't believe the story. But if it is true that a junior minister received him, then have you bothered to find out why?

Most countries in the world dont respect Nigerians. Come to India and see for yourself. Go to Malaysia or China and see Nigerians roaming the streets without valid Visa and with an expired Passport. Nigerian president will continue to face ridicule until Nigerian citizens start living a responsible life.
Re: GEJ Is Received In China By The Chinese Asst. Foreign Minister by kaze4blues(m): 3:06pm On Jul 10, 2013
The other time, GEJ missed his speech @ the UA summit.
Then, His aides covered for him and fail to identify with the facts that it was incompetency on his own part.

Now He has been further downgraded in far away china.

GEJ is a trainee president.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Iyetade Soyinka's Funeral Service In Ibadan (Pictures) / We Are Better As One United Nation - Murray-Bruce / APC Takes Over PDP Office In Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.